Luffy beats Crocodile by figuring out his weakness

>Luffy beats Crocodile by figuring out his weakness
>Luffy beats Doflamingo by unveiling a new attack

Is One Piece just Dragonball Z now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4UQzBzNQiZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't want to get into it about haki but it's not really comparable since Crocodile's ability meant that Luffy was severely disadvantaged at the time and had to improvise. I do think his fights have become more straightforward overall though.

At least with Luffy's new power up it fits with the themes of his previous ones and even has a humorous side effect instead of just randomly becoming stronger.

Timeskips are always a mistake.

One Piece is just an overrated series in it's entirety. Can you honestly say you enjoyed One Piece more then Bleach (despite its hate and retarded rushing) for the last 100 chapters?

Maybe Blackbeard and the Admirals can bring the manga back to some glory in the future.

Unlike crocodile. Doflamingo has no weakness for him to exploit.

Yes I actually can. I loved Bleach up until the end of Soul Society and while it did have its moments afterwards it was largely a mess that I stopped caring about more and more.

Kubo still has the best character art out of Oda, Kishi, and himself and makes the best girls.

I think any sane person with reading comprehension would find more worth in One Piece's simplistic but wild, fun fantasy adventure at any point in time over Bleach's empty, lifelessness.

Even if Dressrosa was grating to them.

Bleach has been complete shit since the soul society arc

Easily one of the worst popular shounen of all time, up there with Fairy Tale

Doffy should have been weak to swords and fire, but that makes too much sense.

That's still the writers fault.

Who creates a powerset with no weakness?

>. Can you honestly say you enjoyed One Piece more then Bleach (despite its hate and retarded rushing) for the last 100 chapters?

Fuck yes, the only thing Bleach is good for anymore is retarded ass pull power ups of varying quality. Aside from that OP is far more enjoyable in every way. I don't even think I bothered to read the last ten chapters of Bleach

>Bleach's empty, lifelessness.
Most shounen MCs have only one character trait, Ichigo has none

I still regret watching 600 episodes of OP, such a waste of time for something I ended up hating.

>Watching One Piece instead of reading it
See there's your problem

The first 130-ish are good

While I agree Luffy needed some Red Hawk Gear 4th attack, I can't see how Luffy can cut something.

Honestly I'd say watch up until Enies Lobby.
The anime does Lucci's and Merry's death so well.
After that I'd lower my opinion of watching the anime arc by arc ending at Marineford which is just a fucking mess.
Except the Punch on the Celestial Dragon, that scene is the best post EL scene the anime has done

>Except the Punch on the Celestial Dragon, that scene is the best post EL scene the anime has done
yeah

Ennis Lobby does have a lot going for it but all arcs do the "big moments" well. The problem is when an arc doesn't really have anything that great then it's always going to feel like a waste of time.

Should probably read both Punk Hazard and Dressrosa, the anime doesn't add anything to them
Fishman Island is poor outside of the Fisher Tiger flashback

There were tons of people with both swords and fire around the place. Zoro, Gravity/Meteor Vice Admiral, Sabo, etc. They should have all been counters to it. It's stupid Haki is just like "lol nope, sorry brah".

>Luffy beats Doflamingo by unveiling a new attack
How was Dragon Ball like this?

Luffys weakness is supposed to be swords/piercing too, guess he doesn't have any weaknesses now either then.

I got around to watching bits of Dressrosa and luffy and doffy's fight. Toei really shat the bed with the animation and unnecessary filler crap within the fight. I'm not sure how they were able to animate enies lobby so well and follow everything from the book to luffy struggling with king kong gun on doffy.

I remember watching the Fishman Island anime too, fucking dreadful. They made it look like Luffy struggled against Hody instead of just blowing him away with ease.

They did the same shit with Cesar too.

>doffy figures out luffys weakness
>he still loses to him

>Haki is just like "lol nope, sorry brah".
It's also so Luffy can actually beat Logia's who are stupidly hard to counter like Kizaru and Akinu
There's going to have to be some give and take with it.
>They made it look like Luffy struggled against Hody instead of just blowing him away with ease.
To be fair this was a problem in the Manga as well because they wanted that weird scene where Jinbei gives Luffy his blood.

How is that any different to how he beat Lucci?

That was bad too

Goku just overpowers his opponent, he rarely invent new techniques. Luffy hardly fights the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=4UQzBzNQiZw

it called Haki you dipshit

>Goku just overpowers his opponent,
Not really

Face it, the fights are done very differently.

Oda probably knows more about DBZ than Toriyama himself and has stated he purposely avoids competing him in drawing action.

What does that have to do with you being wrong about "Goku just overpowering his opponent"?

Spirit Bomb agaisnt Buu was overpowering his opponent
Super Saiyan against Freeze was just overpowering his opponent

>now
Hell he did this back with Lucci, even Arlong, and Moria and a bunch of other guys. Sometimes luffy does something clever, sometimes its a brawl.

>Spirit Bomb agaisnt Buu was overpowering his opponent
Not really, it was a combined effort between Goku,Vegeta,Buu,Mr Satan, the people of Earth, Namek etc.

>Super Saiyan against Freeze was just overpowering his opponent
Again wrong they were pretty evenly matched until Freeza was hit by his own Kienzan

Reading Comprehension plays less of a roll in visual novels, you can take your opinion off of that pedestal.

Yes, Bleach has been shit for the past couple of year, but it's at least fun to follow. I still can't even get into One Piece. The art style isn't the easiest to digest, and It's pretty hard to follow the action a lot of the time. I read the Doflamingo fight and enjoyed it, but when I try to go back and start from the beginning, it's not fun at all.

Also, Luffy, as far as Shounen MCs go just doesn't do it for me.

>Yes, Bleach has been shit for the past couple of year, but it's at least fun to follow.
It's really not

Compared to One Piece, it is.

The point that bothers me in this discussion is how everyone compares OP and Bleach all the time and then circlejerk around which one of the two is worse.
This is nothing other than comparing dog shit and goose shit.

>>Luffy beats Crocodile by figuring out his weakness

No he didn't. The fight where he 'figured out' Croc's weakness ended with Luffy drained off all his body moisture and left for dead.

The only thing figuring out how to hit Crocodile did was allow Luffy to fight him evenly. The actual win came about from an old-fashioned punchout. Including another example of 'clashing final attacks that Luffy punches straight through'.

>One Piece back then
>manageable amount of heroes fights small group of villains
>climactic 5 to 15 minute fights across the board

>One Piece now
>overblown main group + arc exclusive characters + recurring side characters + their friends
>small percentage of them has shitty 1-2 minute encounters with villains

>overblown main group
This is my main issue, it ruins the team dynamics

He still figured out his weakness. And then figured out a way to surprise Crocodile by not using just water. Pure strength and determination is obviously a part of that too but none of it happened against Doffy.

I swear, they even had to make half the group disappear in Dressrosa to cut down on how many characters they had to give something to do. Meanwhile I've been waiting for Robin to have a proper, creative one on one battle ever since she fought Yama on Skypia.

>Its next on my backlog
And i usually like to marathon things, but i dont know if i can with OP
About how far should i go before taking a break?

fuck off underage shit

Chapter 1, it's garbage on the level of Naruto

when has luffy won a fight like this except crocodile and maybe enel?

not very timeskip exclusive to me

>About how far should i go before taking a break?
you dont take a break

Welp, I'm still enjoy reading One Piece but not like 5 years ago. I mean, the main battles are becoming bored and predecible, the jokes fewer.

Actually Im still reading one piece for the nostalgia thins (Im reading since 10 years)

The Senor Pink flashback was probably the highlight of Dressrosa

when he fought that candy faggot in one of the movies

Nah you're right, Luffy was often about taking a hit to land the final blow.

Can someone compile the reasons of Soul Society sucking for someone who has nevet watched Bleach?

Soul Society is great, one of the all time great shonen arcs but that's like less than 10% of the series

Everything after it is shit with no redeeming qualities

DBZ was the best anime/manga ever made so if one piece is like DBZ then one piece has achieved true greatness

and it's still much better than bleach, fairy tale, naruto, etc. (with naruto being better than those other two shits too)

did we go through the whole handcuffs in the Robin arc, come Oda just when I was beginning to get the ol' OP vibe from old chaps

>Spirit Bomb agaisnt Buu was overpowering his opponent

which is why he pushed it back right? because he was clearly overpowered right?

>Super Saiyan against Freeze was just overpowering his opponent

they had a rather good and even fight for a while

>Goku and Freeze had an even fight

READ THE MANGA YOU CASUAL CUNTS

>Is One Piece just Dragonball Z now?
It's not the fact that they keep "one upping" each other in shonen fights these days but what pisses me off more is the fact that they literally repeat their "signature" moves in EVERY fight they have.
>rasengan
>getsuga tenshou
>spirit gun
>kamehameha
and Luffy?
>a bunch of punches
>a bunch of punches x10
>a punch that's flaming
>a hardened punch
>an inflated, hardened punch
and if those punches don't work?
>keeps punching over & over again until something happens