What makes a good harem MC?

What makes a good harem MC?

Being a girl.

Also Hole best girl.

This is not your home.

Forgot about this series, it ended or it's still ongoing?

You wish.

What is this shows title?

Doesn't seem to be finished yet at 11 books.

This is true

Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okashiin Da Ga

Nice bait

Not being scared of genitals

He's desirable and the reader finds him to be so rather than just a blank slate with some generic "good" traits thrown in?

>What makes a good harem MC?
being open to non-monogamy, of course

Harem animes are literally about a powerful fortunate man taking soulmates away from retarded otaku faggots. It's NTR.

Not freaking out at the mere sight of tits, being funny and not being an unlikable prick.

it ends with the best girl getting fucked

However you would describe Izayoi's personality and ideals.

VN based anime is cheating. there's a fuckton of them with an harem end route.

There are op mc that are liked, there are op mc thar are hated, there are beta mc that are liked, there are beta mc that are hated.

In the end is just personal preference.

Being a good character.

Not caring about girls and just playing games?

Being balanced character, but writing those characters is extremely hard for average harem writer.

>/u/
>doesn't want anime about girl fighting for love and cockblocking her childhood friend on every occasion

Context behind pic? I don't remember him being a smug ass.

- having complex human-like personality, goals, ideas, story
- actually doing things on his own, not just reacting to the events or following orders
- not being scared of boobs
- actively pursuing (and actively molesting) girls
- willingness to reach the harem end
- proper development, especially involving romance

Also, he should neither be cockblocked nor have girls fall for him instantly, but those are the issues with general writing, not MC himself.

/thread

Good Harem MC is an oxymoron

The ability to be human and interesting on their own. Aka be something other than nice and kind.

>actually doing things on his own, not just reacting to the events or following orders

By far the most important one.

Harems' are a pretty misogynistic concept. I don't see why they're so popular on Sup Forums.

Males do exist here

If the females consent then it's empowering.

>Sup Forums give a shit about mysogyny

Most harem MCs have no motivation of their to act, they just do whatever the plot tells them to do in order to solve the girls' problems. They never ask themselves why they go along with the plot or what they stand to gain, they never have problems of their own to solve, they never have desires of their own, they don't have any backstory beyond what's related to any of the girls, etc.

If it's a pure comedy none of that shit matters, but if a story has any modicum of seriousness it needs those things to be interesting.

As long as they're not whiny betas I'm fine. They're not the main focus so I don't really think it's nessecary for them to be well written or whatever but they shouldn't be annoying.

What's misogynistic? Can you eat it?

Have we found the best harem protagonist?

Yuri harem anime when?

Hidan no Aria AA

When you kill yourself

So twintails?

not being afraid of girls
not being beaten up for comedy reasons
if it's a battle harem, he has to be capable, either as fighter or as commander or something
willingly engaging in lewd stuff if he has the opportunity
having good taste in girls

>Only interested in one girl
>Harem MC

I never understood this. Why do all these Harem MCs only want to get with one girl when the genre is literally about building a harem and all the girls want the MC.

Why limit themselves to one?

Ranma was a great series.

You mean stuff likke UtaPri or Diabolik Comedy?

So basically Ichiban no Ushiro no Daimaou
The MC is actually more than competent he turns out to be an ultimate badass

Did the mc became alpha?
vol 11 spoilers anyone?

Ichiban was a great harem, yes. It had a few of the bad stuff I listed but in very minor doses and I think in the ln/manga he gets very nice ending too.

When they have an actual good reason to not just fuck every girl on the spot.

Umi no Misaki's MC fits all the criteria and then some
also harem route ending

It's the easiest thing in the world, all you have to do is not be a little bitch. In fact one way to guarantee being a decent harem MC is to have no face and never speak, it's a job any mannequin could do. But somehow most harem MCs can't even manage that.

You know who was a good harem MC? Tenchi. Why? Because he shut the fuck up and spent most of his time away from the crazy bitches in his life and farmed carrots. All that was left was the harem itself, the thing people watch harems for.

Smug? If only, he's also a sadist towards his sister.

I remember him being deep down a big siscon and liking to tease her sorta like "hoho I wil not give you the dick" but overall he was pussying like any Harem protag.

Lots of them already exist.

I've read the first 4 novels and I have never seen the MC blush or get embarrassed, it mostly consists of him getting confused and telling the girls to fuck off with their nonsense.
As for the imouto, he enjoys seeing her suffering when the other girls gang up on her, in moderation

Not be a self-insert character

>black hair
>empathetic but nice when plot needs him to be
>wears a school uniform for 90% of the show
>uses a sword

>but guiz i'm already here :3

sauce?

Complete lack of fucks given.

Does there exist a battle harem MC that is freaking amazing at what he does but isn't OP, is at least calm and collected 90% of the time, isn't monogamous and the girls of the series are at average of 8 in terms of looks and personality?

Being a carrot farmer away from crazy bitches is a ideal we all should strive for.

Asterisk

>The same shitty shounen cliches, but with a girl
>MISUNDERSTANDINGS and DRAMA with a shoujo lead
Take your pic. Both are shit.

I heard that was shit.

Opinions.
It fits your description

Willingness to form an actual harem and live like a king.

Actually it doesn't because I saw one of the 4 girls has a flat chest and that puts the average below 8

At least that'll be cute!

Kill yourself.

Then It's impossible to find the thing you are looking for because every show has the token flatchest girl

>disliking flat-chested girls

Well no you can, just add more 9/10, 10/10 girls to balance out the obvious infertile woman

Fundamentally, he has to be likeable.

That's the most important. He doesn't necessarily have to be a cool guy, but he has to be a guy the viewers can relate to. If you can convince me why he ISN'T fucking the girls, then you have a successful character on your hands.

Frankly, I like the cool kind of heroes more than the loser/beta type.

Ideally, my favorite type of harem MC would be the kind where it doesn't appear to be a harem at all. The harem is secondary to having the MC be put through the emotional wringer, and you'll be happy no matter who he ends up with.

And I personally think that a harem should always leave the ending up for grabs. You shouldn't have one heroine who is clearly the main girl: the story should imply that he could hook up with ANY of them, and when he does it should be a surprise.

Wasn't red head a fucking slut
Who won in the LN?

His attitude doesn't annoy me == Good Harem MC

So generally very little to no indecisiveness or passivity and I'll give him my approval.

The girls have to actually like each other. If they hate each other and constantly bicker it's just annoying. Ideally the female characters should enjoy being around each other as much as they enjoy being around the main character because that way it actually feels natural to have a harem.

Okay fuck I misread the question.
As for the harem MC he needs to just not be gay a beta or retarded. Ideally there should be a good reason why the girls are all attracted to him and not just because "he's nice." I actually think in harems it's good to have an "overpowered" MC because it makes the harem make more sense.

Sauce?

>“Well, I wouldn’t call him unattractive, but it’s not enough to let him survive in society with that alone.”

>“Um, right… Onii-chan is very kind!”

>“Hypothetically speaking, I wonder how worthless and pathetic a man would be if kindness were to be his only virtue. At the very least, you couldn’t call him amazing.”

The very same series posted in the OP

Even harem writers are figuring out that being 'kind' and 'nice' alone don't work out.

Not beta.
Need to have a sense of humor.
Strong in combat but with obvious weak points.

It's really simple.

>I never understood this. Why do all these Harem MCs only want to get with one girl when the genre is literally about building a harem and all the girls want the MC.
>Why limit themselves to one?

Either a major part of target audience are actually girls or it is just a massive cultural indoctrination against being the sort of man who can successfully juggle multiple lovers (without his life becoming a living hell, as, IIRC, happened to Tenchi).

You try taking care of multiple women, see how you like it. More women, more trouble.

Translations fucking never

>Why do all these Harem MCs only want to get with one girl when the genre is literally about building a harem and all the girls want the MC.
Women are food. You pick 4 or 5 of them and put into your fridge. Then you eat 3 or 4 of them and throw them away as trash. You use the other food that you didn't throw because it's still valuable in someway. Harem is about shopping. You pick, you eat, you keep the best and throw the thrash

>harem
>good MC
Pick one.

Fuck your shit adaptation. Hongou is a great MC

I pick both. Fuck your shit

> but he has to be a guy the viewers can relate to
Yeah bro, I totally relate to some fag surrounded by girls who want to hop on his dick for no reason.

Yes user. I understand your pain.

>What makes a good harem MC?
I can tell you what makes a good harem:
1) There are at least two girls in it.
2) They talk to eack other at least one time.
3) And that conversation is not about MC.

Who is this lord upon his bitches?

He's so good, he even has a male Harem

Why is blonde always on the floor? Does she like being there?

>not being an unlikable prick
The equivalents of "harem MC" in real life are all shit people, so it's impossible to have one with human-like qualities and not a fucking asshole.

Your shit taste is none of my problems.

This thread reeks of MAL by the way.

This, but he should also not steal the spotlight from the girls. A harem MC is a supporting character in his own show.

Not when you're this good,

Murcielago best harem.