What went wrong with this series?

What went wrong with this series?

Fucking everything.

Yeah but besides that.

Power fantasy meant for nip kids who dropped out of school and regret ending up like such a loser. By chapter 20 I coudlnt fucking remember all of the damn powers that he endlessly kept obtaining.

This is the same shit just with overpowered ogre MC replaced with a knight.

special power dictatorship just because it's edgy but not the usual kind of aggressive, gory rapey edgy but the super duper overpowered "I have powers that i cannot explain because I am MC" edgy power that singlehandedly wins him in life.

Just see the latest chapter for verification of how edgy it is. Power grinding your party just because shit is handed to you on a silver plate, it's neither RPG level fantasy nor deep traditional fantasy. It tries to be both and fails and both because the sheer ridiculious setting and managing of the plot progression makes this too one-sided and boring.

Would have been interesting if the story was told from the view of the meager gobs who are forced into obedience and try to find and exploit loopholes in the system while the boss is fucking with all his haremmembers at once.

Goblin Slayer isn't overpowered, he only kills the shittiest monster species.

(YOU)

he's only killing goblins, so dont think of it as powerlevelling some stats and levels. There are none in Goblin Slayer, he just excels in killing goblins because he lived his life understanding behavior and quirks of goblins. His silver-rank is received honorably for the quantity of his goblin hunts and the burden that is lifted on the guild. He not only saved villages but also lifes of newbie parties that would take these quests if he wasnt there.

He is a cool dude, just a bit whack from tirelessly dealing with goblins for at least a decade.

LN writer is a fucking cuck. I tried translating this shit to my own language in a blog. (Didn't know what it was. Some of my friends asked for it.) Couldn't stand 30 issues. This shit is fucking cancer and manga is even worse.

Gary stu MC, deus ex machina everywhere, McGuffins just dropping on him, logic that defies reason.

I love rape, don't get me wrong, but here the pure admiration that the writer has for the MC even when he is clearly raping people made me question who the fuck am I dealing with here.

>What went wrong with this series?

MC is a demigod with no challenge in this world. Every female character falls for his monster dick, even the ones he rapes.

pretty much everything about it was a 14yo's fanfiction

>Dropped by three separate translators

everything

It was based on an LN with a good concept but godawful writing.

The writing really feels like it revealed a lot about the writer, didn't it?

>Look at me I'm so pragmatic and morally grey
>Rape is bad guys I will torture and kill anyone who disagrees
>But it's not rape if you drug them first good thing I'm not like one of those goblins huh?

The writers voice really comes trough with the series, and what I hear is the high-pitched, excited shrills of someone I wouldn't really care to know.

I'd say the premise was good, but it stops there.

>girls really make some nice facial expressions...

>How dare you invade someone's home and kill the residents
>Never mind that our current home is one we invaded and killed the residents of

I feel like Goblin Kingdom is much better. Re:Monster feels like a poor ripoff in comparison and it probably is since GK was written earlier.

The author had clearly thought out what he wants to do with that one and so far things been developing in a good direction.

What's it about and is it a manga?

WN. Starts off the same as Re:Monster and it turns into kind of like Kingdom later on with building an army clashes/strategies and stuff. The MC isn't op kind of like Shin, strong but not jesus.

its the dream journal of a 12 year old autistic edgelord

This manga, man. Like if the hero had 1 or 2 of his abilities and lucky breaks, it might have turned out okay. But no.

>I am a weak goblin good thing I have my past memories and human intelligence!
>Oh but I can also gain the abilities of anything I eat, even objects!
>Oh but there's also a rank up system so I won't be a goblin for long!
>Oh but I'm also chosen by a strange god so I'm more powerful than average anyway!
>Oh and all goblins that are growing up with me are also ranking up and getting chosen by gods too!
>Oh but I happened to find a dungeon filled with insanely overpowered equipment that I can take for myself and my groupies!
>Also every girl wants my dick!

Like holy shit you fucking idiot writer control your chuuni Mary-sue-ism.

Exactly!

It was good.

The MC wasn't a cute girl.