So why was Turn A last good Gundam show? In fact...

So why was Turn A last good Gundam show? In fact, why have proper season-length Gundam shows of late varied from bad to mediocre, at best?

00S1 was great though.

Gundam 00 was great for the first half.

Those.

Turn A is clearly the best though.

Victory was

Victory was before Turn A.

Well technically Thunderbolt and Origin trilogy was great but yeah, it was the last proper show. I didn't think much of 00, personally.

Exactly. Turn A was shit

Tomino is a bad writer and Gundam has been stale as fuck for the past 15 years.

If you're not shitposting for the sake of it, what didn't you like about Turn A?

I think constant new "original" settings killed Gundam for me. Yeah sure, UC was getting crowded but that doesn't mean you need a new goddamn setting for most of your subsequent shows. Establish a new decently long continuity of some sort and stick to it.

Not him, but Turn A gets really slow and meandering with its plot and doesn't really do much for a lot of the show. However it's still my favorite gundam with 0079 because it has an amazing final stretch. Pretty much everything from episode 40 on is fantastic.

It's the opposite for me. While it was slow, the conflict while on Earth was what I found most entertaining about Turn A. A lot of people seem to dislike the slow pacing which is understandable. I would hardly call it significant enough to make Turn A as a whole shit.

He's clearly shitposting for the greater good.

Shitposting for the greater good is saying G-Saviour was the last good Gundam. Maybe it will elicit actual discussion.

Haven't watched it but I liked the opening of gundam unicorn. Should I start watching it

>Thunderbolt and Origin trilogy was great

Not even half, it was decent until the three thrones were introduced.

Well gundam fans are incredibly autistic and opinionated.

Because Tomino can't write humans at all and everyone else who writes Gundam just ends up copying his awful writting. Turn A is only great compared to other Gundams but by itself is just a slightly above average show. Everything after they finally get to space is completely retarded and there's plenty of stupid shit before too.

Thunderbolt tries too hard to be "mature and realistic" and just becomes a comedy by the end.

Which girl is best girl, and why is it PURU PURU PURU PURU PURU PURU PURU PURU PURU PURU?

The first 2-3 episodes of Turn-A made me think it was going to be the best thing ever. Turned into slow boring shit with a retarded villain. In fact almost everyone was just stupidly retarded. MC is a pussy most of the time, Gundam doesn't even get a beam gun, have to wait for half the show until they stop calling it "the white doll", some of the worst mech designs in any gundam and muh moonlight butterfly.

I almost dropped it when the Turn-A gundam waved its 2 sabers so fast the beams blended into fans and then it distorted light momentarily so he was invisible and could slip past the enemy. I'm not sure if I ever yelled "what the fuck" so loudly at an anime.

>0079
>Mobile Fighter G
>TURN A

The Holy Trinity of best Gundam shows

gundam by micheal bay when

Turn A was too tame. It was Tomino stripped of everything that made him Tomino.
Only the Tomino-est Gundams are good.

Zeta is the best gundam
prove me wrong

Because it was it was the last show where there wasn't a "We gotta sell more toys!" mentality behind it.

I know right? Taste differs and all, but I'm always surprised at how highly regarded Turn A is.

Turn A isn't UC right, I can just puck up and play? Same goes for G Reco I guess.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet there by not watching it.

Nah, don't, it's important to watch at least some UC to really enjoy Turn A.

Oh, alright. Thanks user.

>ywn have a delicious brown lunar fuckboi teach you pagan sex rituals

Why even live?

There's a lot of references but its not necessary to understand the plot.

While I agree that Turn A is one of the best

00 and GBF are also very good, therefore Turn A cannot be the last good gundam show.

0/10

Your loss m8. It's a great show