Bleach was actually decent when it was just Japanese ghostbusters. What went wrong?

Bleach was actually decent when it was just Japanese ghostbusters. What went wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=uVaKesaMDkA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PN3o5nsdzZI
youtube.com/watch?v=H41JCT0bCfM
youtube.com/watch?v=f-3YsWp12EA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Finally someone who shares my opinion. The punk aesthetic was fantastic. Making a generic rescue arc with ki blasts ruined it immediately.

agreed, my weekly dose of acid, so... colorful...

Then there was the arc with the vampires.

I'll just leave this here: youtube.com/watch?v=PN3o5nsdzZI

Kubo introduced too many characters each arc, the fights went on too long from a constant back-and-forth, and Ichigo kept getting new plot-twist powers from some hidden origin.

It's was literally yuyu hakusho:re
glad that kubo introduced some original ideas even if they failed

Shit writing
Having no passion for your work
Doing whatever the first thing to come to mind without second thoughts
etc etc

I wouldn't mind if Bleach was only about Ichigo and Rukia doing friendly neighborhood exorcism with occasional reflexion on death

but I guess Ichigo character development was okay, maybe the show could have gone in a totally different direction if Kubo choosed to go deeper in Ichigo's friend development

>you can live in my closet and in the night time you can listen to me fap
topkek

I havent been around for the manga threads.
I legit hate how Kubo was forced to rush the end, I can't believe that the fight is just over

He he decided to turn it into "whose that fashionable magical samurai?"
He stopped caring enough to draw backgrounds
He stopped caring enough to remember what he wrote last week, let alone 5 years ago.
He fell so far up his own asshole that even his rare flashes of inspiration were consumed by shitty asspulls and powerlevel nonsense.
He spent the last 2 years circling the drain with a ridiculously pointless fullbring arc and the most grabasstic arc I've ever read in shonen with this Ywach horseshit.

They decided busting down on jews wearing a kkk robe was close enough.

>The punk aesthetic
>Paranormal Slice of Life
>Shounen fights that didn't involve typical energy blasts
>The fashion
>Characters that actually had personality
>Ichigo isn't a HURR-DURR-I'M HUNGRY-ALL-THE-TIME-AND-I-EAT-A-LOT pure heart idiot
Where did it all go so wrong? Why the fuck did Kubo ever stray from the original premise?
Here we are close to the end of it and all it has to show are the typical shounen manga stereotypes that suck ass...

>Ywach
He's really a black hole of a villian. His design is meh, his power is just plot armor, his overall personality is almost non existent. I dont even remember what his end goal is, destroy everything, rule the universe, be an asshole?

He had that fashion thing since the start, nerd.

Kubo needs a writer. He could be so much better.

Kubo took the wrong turn after a third season. Instead of continuing the story about MC he turned it into a Spiritual Samurai Show.

>that moment in the OP when Ichigo and Rukia start talking simultaneously

Seems like jump mostly fucked it up. Over the years there's always been accusations of jump trying to fit everything into the "dbz" mold.

>pacing slows down to an absolute fucking crawl to make and sell more manga/anime (people will keep investing money/time because they already have invested years into the show, regardless of quailty droop)

>Characters are cut to a bare minimum for easy consumption and understanding, and less popular characters pretty much cut. so people buy more merchandising of their favorites, who in turn get more screen time

>Content only get's made or has to be twisted for the underage so it can get marketed to every demographic, at every time slot, on every available channel

It's kind or hard to tell though if kubo got forced into the mold or did he drink the cool-aid to keep the series going, either way it seems clear that jump want's to formulate everything, pretty much like marvel dose. Not sure why he wouldn't go splits vill, or how economically viable that would be/or how many of the copyrights he could get for it.

Characters other than Yusuke made significant contributions in battle in YYS.

Everyone in Bleach is a fucking jobber, even Ichigo until plot happens and turns the tides.

Powerlevels.

That OP is seriously good.

It makes me sad that a lot of the songs from these old anime OPs are from low tier bands or one hit wonders that are gone now
who were best known for that song from that anime.

The power creep spiraled out of control.

>I dont even remember what his end goal is, destroy everything, rule the universe, be an asshole?

The last chapter implied that he wants to return the real world and Soul Society to being one, which either would be the original state before Shinigami and the Soul King or is some sort of Instrumentality thing.

Since he was perfectly OK with the world collapsing after killing the Soul King, I think that he just wants it to return to the previous state. Whatever that is and why will never be explained.

Bleach's gimmick was always the style, but at the start it had a strong emotional core of likeable characters to propel it. Over time the series eventually turned into a textbook definition of all style and no substance.

>doing neighborhood exorcism

So a Natsume's Book of Friends for little boys and manchildren?

It was on the verge of cancellation during the beginning. Soul Society was the reason it didn't get canned.

Fucking japs want to ruin everything

>That opening
I didn't know nostalgia could hurt so much

>0/10
Just admit that he's a hack and accept it

>arc where everything went downhill saved Bleach from cancellation
PULL THE FUCKING PLUG!

I love Orihime thiiiiiiiiiiis much.

I liked the Soul Society arc a lot, it just should've gone back to and stayed in the real world for the rest of the series. Let Soul Society be the Namek arc.

Hueco Mundo was a mistake and what killed the fun of the series for me. Bringing everyone back to the fake real world for a "final" battle was just dumb story telling.

Was Literallywho a mistake?

They shouldve made all the shinigamy/hollow worlds as filler arcs while developing an actual story in the city.

>tfw he seemed like a monster soloing an entire division by himself until he faced the captain

I miss him being OP

He was never OP.

You have to actually look at this from a Jap perspective. The manga was literally just another Yu Yu Hakusho with some stylish characters. The anime does a lot for the first arc to be so respected in retrospect. For example, everyone fondly remembers the OST, OP, and ED. It's all shit the manga didn't have.

Bleach was by far the best of the so called pleb ''Big 3''. It all went downhill after the soul society arc

I dunno what people were reading up to now since Bleach ended years ago, after the Soul Society arc.

It's weird that Kubo used Orihime as the narrator a few times.

>implying that Bleach wasn't polished shit since chapter one

The same thing that happens to all long running manga, pressure to jump the shark and rake in as many fans as possible so it doesn't get axed.

The typical shonen formula is shit but very few series can survive without it

Chizuru was Giselle all along!

bleach was never good and there are much better japanese ghost busters out there like ghost hunter mikami, yuyu hakusho and hell teacher nube.

literally everything bleach tried, other show did better.

it was only enjoyable if you where a 16-old kid and it was your first show ever.

>token lesbian character
So glad they dropped her

I liked it when it better when it was a Yu Yu Hakusho ripoff

What ever happened to the Lion(kyon was his name I think?) I havent seen bleach for 6 years

I forgot she existed.
Just think about how everyone's fighting all this crazy supernatural shit in another world and Chizuru's still attending school thinking where the fuck is everybody.

Numb Chandelier has possibly the deadliest powers of a Hollow at this point in the series. It's rather unfair that it be used for Orihime's awakening.

I don't know about that. Naruto was really good during its first few arcs too.

>IT WAS ALWAYS SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Fuck off faggot

>Naruto was really good during its first few arcs too.

What are some other good manga with fights like bleach?

>the beginning
>hi im Sado, Ichigo's friend I can do this and that
>the middle
>hi im Sado, I can do this and that
>in the end
>hi, im Sado

Dragon Ball Z and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

It was passable. But it still had it's problems.

And they only got worse as time went on.

This fight was toned down hard for the anime.

Even my 14 year old self would tell you that you're retarded. If only my faggot friends didn't have awful taste I could have been watching good anime all this time, instead of falling out with the medium when Bleach turned to into trash.

but it was user

Hitsugaya, Zaraki, Mayuri, and Byakuya hogged the spotlight. The lack of screen time horribly stunted the main cast, they were stuck as one-dimensional weak-ass characters that the narrative pretended were important. Even then, those captains weren't important either, they just wasted our time with boring back-and-forth fights.

Remember these guys?

I've wondered if they were inspired by stands, specifically Sex Pistols.

>m-muh Hogyoku

All I've seen of Bleach is just like 5 episodes back in like 2006.
However, every time this OP is posted, I will always stop what I'm doing and end up listening to it multiple times.

It was about to be cancelled too.

Soul Society is literally The Sanctuary.

>me being that loser 15 year old that didn't know how to hide my power level
>having orange range songs be my entire playlist
>having asterisk play every second song

Fuck I hate my 15 year old self. I mean I still hate my current self, but I hate my 15 year old self even more.

Power creep ruined everything.
Same for Naruto.
One piece's progression is slow enough that it hasn't become absurd yet.
Hunter X Hunter handles it amazingly well by lengthening the series with multiple points of view from various characters and not making power levels the end all be all for who wins a fight.

Were those fairies ever seen again?

Yeah I know it got way popular with Soul Society but I stopped enjoying it once they started that arc.

So we have seen Orihime reject objects from existence.

>Hunter x Hunter

>the strongest nen user by leaps and bounds
>gets nuked and dies
Sasuga Togashi.

They showed up a few times more, but just a few.

As Orihime is a pacifist, a one-hit kill attack fits both as it is a weapon that allows the shortest conflict, and also would dissuade her from fighting at all.

>What went wrong?

Shounen Jump

It forces all of its stories to copy DBZ or fail.

TRAINING ARCS
1D PROTAGS
WACKY FACES
VOLUME LONG FIGHTS
NO FUN ALLOWED

>Number One playing when the Gundham fairy is about to attack
That was like Orihime's one cool moment in the entire show.

The first arc was really good but went downhill so fast, it was pretty sad.

I remember how disappointed I was when Ichigo went through all the rough shit to save Rukia and they built it up to be some super romantic mood only to the next arc they treat each other like shit and act like nothing ever happened.

I'm not a shipping faggot but that was so retarded.

>and they built it up to be some super romantic mood
lol

Orihime is so so cute.

Dragon Ball invented powerlevel which made every action shounen manga terrible.

Fully agree.

I still believe that the beginning of Bleach up till about half-way through the Arrancar arc was a solid 9/10 for a Shonen. It only went to shit when Kubo couldn't figure out what to do with Aizen and dragged the series for 2 more needless arcs.

Bleach in my opinion was always the best animated, best soundtrack and best voice acting of the proverbial "Big Three" (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach).

youtube.com/watch?v=H41JCT0bCfM

Is he retarded?

If you wanna see some action

Original main cast was Ichigo, Rukia, Uryu, Orihime, and Chad. Except Ichigo, none of them have done anything since the end of Soul Society. In the final arc, even Ichigo got shafted for more of the captains.

The point of powerlevels was to subvert them. It's not Toriyama's fault that everyone who watches anime is autistic.
Aizen made him retarded.

>Bleach
>best animated of the "big three"
The anime had only two outstandingly animated episodes and they were filler of all things.

H-How would we know how strong someone is if they don't have a number floating over their head?

I agree. The first 60 something episode, right up untill the Aize reveal, were fantastic. The battles were fast paced and lasted 2 episodes at the very largest. The side charatcers got epic battles of their own (Uryu VS Mayukichi was fantastic). If they would have just battleled Aizen then and ended it it would have been 9/10.

Aizen makes everyone retarded.

Dats my jam.

Pumped me up everytime I heard it.

youtube.com/watch?v=f-3YsWp12EA

Fuck dude, haven't listened to that ED in forever. Shit, now the nostalgia's hitting me.

Aizen touched him in places

>that opening
Holy fuck the nostalgia. I'm getting flashbacks to when I was an edgy teenager.

>Bleach started out as the best
>Was the only one of the "big 3" that I really liked and cared about
>Now it's canned trash and arguably the one that ended the worst of them all
>Keep reading it out of pity just to see how Kubo puts it out of it's misery

It hurts m8s.

Even the mexico arc feels good compared to the shitshow that it's now.

>Bleach in my opinion was always the best animated, best soundtrack and best voice acting of the proverbial "Big Three" (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach).
Whelp you got one of these things right

How many times has Orihime knocked her head into people?

>Even the mexico arc feels good compared to the shitshow that it's now.
it hurts because it's true

Show me better animation for the other two. Naruto has it's moments but it also has a a lot of hilariously bad animation. One Piece is by Toei 'nough said.