Millions of Americans die due to too much salt

Why does the gov not outlaw the fucking salt on fries? Fries should never be salted in the first place. Butter should not be salted either.

Salt kills thousands of times the numbers Islamists kill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8
nature.com/articles/srep46173
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/12/20/167619010/the-paradox-and-mystery-of-our-taste-for-salt
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ntUXA2mvs
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2903/j.efsa.2015.4152/pdf
food.gov.uk/science/additives/enumberlist
scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/
care2.com/greenliving/shocking-ingredients-in-mcdonalds-french-fries.html#15077435268162&action=expand_widget&id=0&data=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You seem pretty salty OP

>Unsalted butter

Fuck off beta male, take your plastic margarine with you too.

No, I am not.

What does plastic margarine have to do with butter?

>fries should not be salted in the first place
it makes them taste better. nobody compels you to order the fries salted or fries at all. if you ask for unsalted fries, they will make them that way.

>butter should not be salted either
salt makes butter taste much better too.

the US is not a nanny state, it is based on the idea of individual freedoms, it's why you can buy healthy or you eat like shit, you don't have the government telling you that today is soylent green ration day.

It's a balance user. With salt comes iodine, a necessary nutrient. Without iodine, hello goiters (google it!) and lowered IQs.

>inb4 There are other sources of iodine.
Yes I fucking know but iodizing salt is one of the easiest ways to make sure the public gets enough iodine.

Irrelevant. I choose to eat salt. I did not choose for O-nig the tranny fucker to move in a hundred thousand Muslims.

the salt from the butter does less damage than the corn diet fed to the cows which is unnatural and alters the chemical structure of butter, thus clogging your arteries and robbing you of nutritious K vitamins that are converted from grass by the cow when it produces milk.

You made a thread to sound smart and I'm here to tell you that you are stupid. Have a nice day.

fake and gay.

prove dietary sodium contributes to high blood pressure pro tip you can't

prove dietary cholesterol increased HDL or LDL levels in blood pro tip you can't

only eat grass-fed dairy products

salt is fine

the problem, and especially with mcdonalds and fast food, is sugar

Suck my dick I have low blood pressure and my BMI is 19-20.

>salt comes with iodine

wow being this dumb

>nobody compels you to order the fries salted or fries at all.
If I want fries, I have to always say I want them unsalted. Often this requires they make them fresh, which means I have to wait. Why salt them in the first place? Why can't people put some salt on them after they buy them? This way, everyone can put on the exact amount of salt they want.

>salt makes butter taste much better too.
Absolute bs. The absolute worst you can do to butter is salt it. And even if you want to salt it, fine, but why put the salt IN THE BUTTER in the first place? Why not just let people put the amount of salt on the butter they want?

No one is dying because of salt. Thats an urban myth.

>no salt label
>add MSG or KCl instead
>even more sodium content for same amount of salt flavor
>no sugar label
>add mannitol or any other sugar derivative that isn't technically a sugar
>even more calories for same amount of sweetness flavor
>bitter aftertaste when accustomed to the alternative due to recognizing the added functional groups
substitutes are nothing but feel-good crap, much like everything OP has ever spouted in their life, whenever they're not busy enough sucking cocks.

its not sodium its metabolic syndrome that results in diabetes high blood pressure, fattness, etc.

dependence on insulin causes the chronic metabolic syndrome that most americucks are "afflicted" with.

>the problem, and especially with mcdonalds and fast food, is sugar
Sugar has never been a problem ever.

Diabetes is caused by an overally kcal rich diet. At McD, the problem is the amount of fat put into the food. Sugar is irrelevant in the mix in the food. You could drink a gallon of coke at McD, the fat in the large fries that go with it and the fat in the fried patty of the burger and sauce in the burger, fuck you up and cause a fattening of the cell area where insuline is produced, causing diabetes.

Having this level of reading comprehension. I feel bad for you.

>Diabetes is caused by

HAHAHAHA

go eat some fish

>if you ask for unsalted fries, they will make them that way.
I do this every time I go to McDonald's, this is the way to get freshly made fries every time

>Suck my dick I have low blood pressure and my BMI is 19-20.
And if you overeat on salt, you will still get sick more easily.

>Why does the gov not outlaw the fucking salt on fries?

Why? Just be mindful of what you eat, ditch soda and swap to water you'll just pissout excess salt and other junk unlike a soda will do

>Butter should not be salted either.
This is true.
>Salted bread,
>Salted cheese and
>Salted butter/ham

Shit is fucking disgusting.

Good to know. When's the copay due?

Diabetes 2 is very often caused by a rich kcal diet. Not always, but often.

>If I want fries, I have to always say I want them unsalted. Often this requires they make them fresh, which means I have to wait. Why salt them in the first place? Why can't people put some salt on them after they buy them? This way, everyone can put on the exact amount of salt they want.
most people prefer salt and the salt they use is finer than table salt. combine the fact that they season the whole basket at once and you end up with a more even salting of all the fries as they apply/shake it in the basket than if you put it on manually.

salt used for fries or popcorn is actually finer to get through the fries/popcorn more easily and evenly

>The absolute worst you can do to butter is salt it.
a lot of people prefer salted regular butter to unsalted unsalted plain butter lacks a lot of taste and is for baking. salted butter also has a longer shelf life because the salt acts as a preservative.

european style butter is slightly different too, and it depends on what milk was used to make it. American butter is generally 80% fat and european is generally 82% fat. european butter is cultured which gives it a less neutral taste, whereas most american butter is not cultured, therefore the salt is needed to express the flavor profile of the butter more.

most of you here are like 30 years behind

all salts except pink salt are irreversibly contaminated with microplastics.

The amount of sugar or "not"-sugar you Americans have inflicted upon you in bally well everything really is appalling. You ought to visit somewhere it's not the case, or make your own foods from scratch. It'll blow you mind how much better things taste without all that shite.

Fuck off retard. Nothing the government has told us is healthy in the past 30 years has been correct. Not a conspiracy, just plain ignorance and profitable influence.

Shutup Europe. Until you have the diabeetus as much as we do, you have no say in this.
Beetus is caused by abnormalities with the release of insulin. Different foods cause different sensitivities to insulin. Sugar is one of the worst at spiking these levels, causing all kinds of fucked up symptoms.
Sugar can and does cause diabeetes if consumed enough (and typical diets here ensure it is).

>ditch soda and swap to water you'll just pissout excess salt and other junk unlike a soda will do
Finally, someone who understands. Have you also had to endure the shit Americans do with salt when living in America?

Fucking disgusting. You ask for butter so you can put it on your toast with some nice strawberry jam... and it is fucking salted! Why? Why in the world would anyone do this to the butter?

Because margarine is a Eurocuck invention (like being gay) you assholes keep shilling every time you bring up this salty butter shit.

Highest salt usage of any country is South Korea. They have a significantly lower obesity rate and higher life expectancy than Americans which use 1/4th The amount of salt that the worst Koreans use.

>toast
Which already sucks, because all their bread has more sugar than some soft drinks.

you need the freshly made fries now because of the oil changes mcdonalds made around 2007.

their fries were awesome originally because they were fried in beef tallow which made them delicious.

then in 1990 focus on trans-fats caused them to switch to all vegetable oil blends, which were less stable than animal fats.

then in 2002 mcdonalds halved the trans fats which made the oil less stable still

then by 2008 the oil was entirely trans fat free.

mcdonalds fries used to be awesome when lukewarm or cold. now they're good when hot and as soon as they fall below hot to warm they taste bad.

>salt used for fries or popcorn is actually finer
Salting popcorn is also fucked up. Why salt popcorn? There is no reason to do so.

>a lot of people prefer salted regular butter to unsalted unsalted plain butter
In continental Europe, we do not even have salted butter. There just is unsalted butter.

Why do Americans want to die of salt so badly?

The taste of fat is disgusting and is only redeemed with salt on top. This is true of any fats within food be it meat, dairy, etc.

>literal salt over salt
it's fructose you imbecile, a substance that can't go anywhere but fat once consumed, Lustig "bitter truth"
Fries aren't healthy because frying potatos instead of boiling.

What are you sliding you prostitute?

>nature.com/articles/srep46173

Yikes.

>Nothing the government has told us is healthy in the past 30 years has been correct.
Is that why you all die of your bad eating habits, your lack of sport, your lack of walking and your overuse of drugs? All of which your gov has said is bad?

>we eat less salt than our ancestors
>we should eat even less
Get lost, faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I

I bet you think fasting is bad too.

>Why do Americans want to die of salt so badly?
Masks the taste of their shitty food.

>Millions of Americans die due to too much salt

The salty food isn't the problem, americans don't drink enough water, they drink soda in place of water, that destroys the kidneys over time. You need to drink a gallon of water a day to be healthy.

Hello, fellow 3 posts by this ID! I am now 4 posts by this ID!

I was just about to post this.

OP BTFO

>Sugar is one of the worst at spiking these levels
You could spike your sugar blood levels as much as you want as often as you want. If your fat levels in your body remain normal, you are not more likely than anyone else to get diabetes. Look up the studies they did on the causes of diabetes. Obesity and no sport with a high body fat level is a large risk factor, sugary diet without obesity is not.

this, and digits confirm

>what is iodized salt
>what is a super market
>what is being over 18

Salt is only harmfull if you eat the huge amounts of food, in which case the reason of harm is not salt but you fucking eating like a pig, and before salt kills you everything else in the products you consume will kill you first - sugar, fats, chemicals, cancerogens, hormones etc.

Salt(s) are necessary, though obvious with chronical diseases one has to monitor his diet if salt/sugar can be harmful.

More then eating too much salt, eating wrong salts is the bigger issue as human organism needs not just one type of salts, at very least both potassium and sodium salts are needed.

instead of salts ask yourself why polysorbate 80 is in nearly all pickled products and you can't get a non polysorbate 80 product w/out paying 10 dollars a jar for "rustic pickles" yet polysorbate 80 is banned in europe

why do all fast food restaraunts spray their lettuces in polysorbate 80

all bagged salad is washed in chlorine baths
i could go on but its funny yo watch you guys flip out over salt when your whole food supply is compromised

salt is a flavor profile that the typical human brain likes. by salting popcorn, whether using movie theater popcorn topping (which is basically oil and flavoring) or genuine butter, by adding salt you take the profile from savory to savory & salty. we innately crave salt because we need some amount of it to survive

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/12/20/167619010/the-paradox-and-mystery-of-our-taste-for-salt
>On the one hand, Breslin says, a massive international study of salt consumption around the world, conducted in the 1980s, suggests maybe we're born with it. "All across the planet, with a few exceptions, most people consume more or less the same amount of sodium," Breslin says.
>The exception is people who can't easily get salt, such as isolated tribes in Amazonia. Everywhere else — from small villages in China to Chicago, people consume similar amounts — much more than our bodies need.

>In continental Europe, we do not even have salted butter. There just is unsalted butter.
you don't need the salt to express the flavor of the butter because european style butter is cultured, which means its more flavorful on its own, hence not needing the salt to make the butter's own flavor more prominent.

>Why do Americans want to die of salt so badly?
most of us don't, the human brain is geared to like salt and most people will prefer salty foods, so food manufacturers and restaurants put it on in heaps. people that aren't poor or nutritionally inept typically use far less salt on food they prepare themselves.

The bad eating habits are a direct result of government recommendations to eat a low fat diet. This has spiked sugar intake dramatically and lead to our heart, diabetes, and obesity epidemics.

Correlation is not causation.

Salt is bad, if you eat too much of it. A single medium fries package of McD has 1.3 times the recommended daily amount of salt. Think about that.

OP complaining like a fucking nigger because he gets fresh fries.

>Why does the gov not outlaw the fucking salt on fries? Fries should never be salted in the first place. Butter should not be salted either.

Its not salt, its fucking carbs and not getting enough water

>he thinks salt is bad for you

Watch the videos linked.

>Often this requires they make them fresh,
this is exactly why I ask for no salt every time. plus the people at fast food places lick the fries so the salt sticks to them

dont use iodized salt.

Oh look, its another episode of "lets childproof the world".

ancient merchants used to fucking use salt in trading, please gtfo with this food conspiracy shit salt is one of the oldest known and stable commodities and fine to put on food

>muh freedom
And then you wake up and find yourself in a country full of fat fedora tipping betas who fap to Bailey Jay. Government control is necessary to keep the people healthy and smart.

Salt and sugar have done wonders in quelling the negro problem.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ntUXA2mvs

How does salt kill people?

Have you ever had unsalted fries? Next thing you'll tell me not to put ice in my Coke.

>I'll take iodized salt for 400, Alex

polysorbate 80 is not banned in europe
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2903/j.efsa.2015.4152/pdf
food.gov.uk/science/additives/enumberlist
>Current EU approved additives and their E Numbers
>E433 Polyoxyethylene sorbitan mono-oleate; Polysorbate 80

>eats fast food
>thinks caring about the salt does one iota of good for his health
oh my god kill yourself.

scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/
"A great number of promises are being made to the public with regard to this enormous benefit and lives saved," Cohen says [on salt reduction dieting]. But it is "based on wild extrapolations."

>its another episode of "lets childproof the world".

How about, it is another episode of "let us make the world a better place"?

FPBP

>being such a fucking retarded yuropoor that you don't understand the concept of ordering what you want

anyway, dont use iodized salt because the excess iodine gives you high blood pressure. use sea salt or kosher salt. you can also get pink rock salt in a grinder from dollar tree, which is nice. just use the iodized salt if you have a baking recipe that really requires fine crystals.

Doesnt work like that in US. ALL your food is contaminated and harmful and its exports plain banned everywhere.

>Why can't people put some salt on them after they buy them?
co/ck/ head here, the salt wont stick to the frys if their cold

Always do the opposite of what a (((Cohen))) says.

the same way guns do

>too much salt
Just drink more water.

Yes, America is so high IQ. Really.

I should eat less guns on my burgers.

why are you so angry about the fact that we eat our food better than you? take your meme flag off you stupid fucking leaf

Every time I read this advice, and it always pops up, people thinking they’re so smart, beating the system, I always get pissed off. Because you’re not beating the system. You’re throwing a wrench in it. And nobody’s benefiting, not even you.
Let’s talk about you. “No salt on those fries.” You know what you just did? You just added like five minutes to your wait time, not to mention all of the people behind you in line, watching you as you stand to the side of the register. They’re not ordering, even though you already ordered. Because you’re not moving. You’re just standing there. It doesn’t make sense, because fast food etiquette dictates that you order your food, you get it – here’s where the fast part of fast food comes in – and then you get off the line and leave.
But no, you had to make a special order, some sort of lame French fry tip you read on the Internet, and now you’re still just standing there at the register. People are starting to get annoyed, nobody knows what’s going on, that you’re waiting for some ridiculous side-item special request.
Then you get your fries. “Whatever,” you’re saying, “I don’t care about the extra wait time, because it’s all worth it, fresh, hot fries.” And yes, everybody agrees that hot fries are better, right out of the deep fryer, they’re perfectly crisp on the outside with that almost creamy potato interior.
Wake up sheeple. Open your eyes. Heed my advice. You ask for no salt on the fries, you’re taking the fast out of fast food. What you gain in freshness and piping-hotness, you lose it deliciousness and I-can’t-stop-putting-these-in-my-mouthness. Plus, the McDonald’s worker is going to resent you for making him or her do extra work all because you don’t know how to order.

If you want to kill your kidneys faster.

2016 brought in a massive surplus of salt that we need to use.

it's because they deserve to die
sage

if correlation isn't causation in that instance, how come it is causation in your mind when it comes to Americans?

mcdonalds fries suck. they are good for like 10 seconds while they are fresh and hot. but after that they get cold fast as hell, and then they taste like shit.

burger king actually has good fries and better burgers, and jack in the box curly fries are fucking god tier. In n Out fries are fucking skinny little faggots and not worth getting.

Fries without salt are fucking bland. The goverment is not responsible for people being too stupid to care about their own health.

Your rant is irrelevant since the core issue here is not salt, but ordering food, let alone fries - in McDonnalds.

care2.com/greenliving/shocking-ingredients-in-mcdonalds-french-fries.html#15077435268162&action=expand_widget&id=0&data=

Arby's curly fries are pretty good. I also like the waffle fries from Chick-fil-A.

Have a blood test done and depending on the results you have to choose either to reduce or increase your salt intake.

When that fluoride hits juuuuuust right.

>Salt kills thousands of times the numbers Islamists kill
Yes but they are asking for it

I find fries without ketchup bland, and i don't care about the salt

Salt covers up the taste of poison

Eat raw, gmo, Bayer pesticide covered food

I would eat Chick-Fil-A every single day until I died if I didn't have a wife and 3 white kids to protect.

salt isn't bad for most people, starch, sugar and bad fats are though.

What are you some pussy who doesnt believe in the 2nd amendment?