Why does Fairy Tail get so much hate?

Why does Fairy Tail get so much hate?

I like it a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6YJPqFdJQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Story is complete trash

What is it about FT that you actually like?

You need to be 18+ to post here.

Story is garbage. Literally the only reason anyone reads it is because of the dead sexy girls.

It's a battle shounen, and it's somehow managed to be much worse than the average battle shounen, which is difficult. You should leave.

I enjoy the characters and their interactions with one another. I like how they feel like one ridiculously huge dysfunctional family.

I love how long it is so that several characters can be explored and returning side characters return.

Erza is literal perfection.

I also love the generations of wizards. You have Mavis, then Makarov, then the current Fairy Tail. I love seeing the past generations. A big reason I liked Soul Eater as well.

The animation is also pretty good and I actually enjoy the story.

>I like it a lot.
how?

I have low standards but even I think it's the most derivative horseshit I've ever read

It has no redeeming qualities aside from (the anime) having good music and (the manga) having hot girls.

Yes, the music as well is incredible. I love it so much.

So download the OST and pretend the anime doesn't exist, like I do.

Ants have invaded the board! Everyone get in battle positions!

I know you're all a bunch of trolls but I want some an intelligent discussion. Give me examples on why its bad. Like specific parts that irk you.

youtube.com/watch?v=_6YJPqFdJQo

how could you not love this.

Two words:
Dragon Force.

What's wrong with Dragon Force? I've only seen Natsu and Rogue and Sting use it.

Soul Eater at least had an interesting story and good battles. It also managed to build up quite a bit of tension.

Fairy Tail has none of that. The heroes always win by nonsensical power ups based on friendship, you always know that the heroes are going to win and won't die, and the story is weak.

The characters are okay, but that's the only thing that keeps the series from sinking. Just go read Rave. It's like Fairy Tail but was written before Mashima turned into a hack so it's better.

Fairy tail is the worst battle shounen after Hitman Reborn.

I actually enjoy the feeling of the heroes always winning. Sometimes its nice just to see characters rise up and win.

The absurd power up amd asspulls are the biggest reason. Erza against Azuma and against those 100 monsters during the tournament being the biggest offender.

Also the author catering to the fucking shippingfags

Lucy is an awful character.

>Erza against Azuma and against those 100 monsters during the tournament being the biggest offender.

Okay, I admit. That was probably the one asspull that I liked. I don't mind seeing Mashima stroke Erza's dick, and I figure if you're going to do an asspull you might as well go the whole way.

fuck you faggot, at least hitman reborn has some interesting battles

this is just power level friendship shit

Is this a joke or what?
Literally nothing about it makes any sense. It's unapologetically "power of friendship" plot armor shit. I don't care if you enjoy that or not, but don't pretend it isn't garbage.

>people are clearly giving detailed explanations why the series is shit
>"Nuh uh, you guys are just trolls"
Just fuck off back to MAL or reddit or wherever the fuck you spawned from. You've clearly never seen more than 50 shows. FT is the most generic piece of shit shounen to ever come out.

Black clover is worse than ft and both are completely trash

It has at most 2-3 decent arcs while the rest is just shit and not worth the decent parts to slog through , these are the only redeeming factors for both mediums.

I don't see Fairy Tail as a bad battle shounen but as the most generic and cliched battle shounen, some may consider that enough to consider it bad but I don't: FT takes no risks. It's like Mashima follows a list of shounen cliches as he draws it. Ridiculous power of friendship, everything eventually being solved by 1 on 1 battles, sad pasts, etc.

It really has nothing that makes it stand out and Natsu is literally the embodiment of the shounen MC and could be copy pasted on other series and no one would notice the difference.

If it has one virtue besides the attractive characters -or at least had because as we get closer to the ending things are getting convoluted and ridiculous- is that the plot moves forward easily and every arc neatly ties to the other, adding to the overarching story.

Galuna Island and Phantom Lord are the best arcs in my opinion. After that every arc follows broadly the same formula of 1. Strong enemies apear, 2. Seemingly impossible situation that devolves into 1 on 1 battles, 3. FT victory through power of friendship.

The writing became shit after the time-skip

Fucking this, FT was average before the time skip, I liked because of tha charismatic characters Erza, but after that is just boring, I've read some 40 pages and dropped when the Future lucy appeared.

Because she's Erza was too much.