What happened to noitaminA?

noitaminA is(was) a Fuji TV late Jap cartoon bloc dedicated for "introducing anime to working class women" and had aired a lot of top tier Animated JDramas. Because of their good streak of cartoon lineup, many fans were relying on the bloc.
After 2010, there was a significant decrease of quality of the shows that they air especially when they begin to air shows which are hardly aiming for the "working class women". They begin to pander more and more to mainstream japanese cartoon fans instead after they released Fractale in 2011.

>aired pre 2011 shows
Honey and Clover
Nodame Cantabile
Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales
The Tatami Galaxy
House of Five Leaves
Moyashimon
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Kuuchuu Buranko

>aired post 2011 shows
Your Lie in April
Saekano
Samurai Flamenco
Terror in Resonance
Robotics Notes
Punchline

Why did this happen? Can the bloc still be saved from its original purpose?

All the shows on both lists are trash.

They realized that their shows didn't sell or just pure shit. Anime no Chikara shows were better.

t. Shounenfaggot

Good, women have shit taste.

That's a shame.

I can't imagine what shows the other posters in this thread must watch.

I watch whatever the western pirate community (mainly, horriblesubs) manages to rip from Daisuki, Funimation and Crunchyroll.

Ping Pong and Silver Spoon were just a couple of years ago. Noitamina has always been hit or miss.

So Yamakan killed notaminA?

its just disappointing that after 2011 they made more misses than hits tho. AnoHana meme'd them too hard

>introducing anime to working class women
I didn't know that was the target. I guess I have the taste of working class woman.

Anohana happened, they started airing a lot more shows with high-school MCs and "safer" shows after that.

Did you mean "working age women" OP?

>Kuuchuu Buranko

That was when noitaminA's ratings started to go down the dumps

They were losing viewers and ratings were going to shit, and their producer even had to publicly apologize for it. Then they started doing more shit aimed at the average otaku

Now they're no different than the other late night blocks

>Then they started doing more shit aimed at the average otaku
Biggest irony is that ratings got even worse

>"introducing anime to working class women"

They literally never said that. The block was for anime that could appeal to viewers outside the traditional anime-viewing demographic.

Josei manga was not their only intention in mind.

Why would you list Ayakashi and not Mononoke, the only good thing it produced?

Typically, anime aimed at otaku don't need ratings, it's all about BD sales. What I don't get is why noitanimA went down this route when the result was obvious. I honestly wonder what they're get out of it and why producers choose to air things during this presumably more expensive time slot.

Holy shit I forgot that masterpiece

noitamia died when they aired Saekano. Not that it's a terrible show but it goes against the entire purpose of the block.

Before: Shows for fedora tippers
After: Shows for everyone

It got better. Diversity is good.

>pander to fujos
>only sell DVDs at 1/4 the price of BDs
>they don't like merch either since they are trying to avoid being cakes

>begin pandering to otaku
>sell BDs and merch
>profit increases
Really makes you think

Kuuchuu Buranko was great as an novel. it even has 2 sequel books. As an animation, I do think it was just not great. I would've honestly accepted Live Action or some other thing later down the line, but the animation was just sad attempt.

I personally hated Ayakashi and all the horror-related ones. Maybe it's because I just don't find horror genre great at all.

Also, it still does for-all and more-towards-women nowadays. Psycho-Pass waa definitely catering towards fujos and OLs and Usamimi Drops was josei manga-based.

Kabanari is also like Honey and Clover but with steampunk elements. I don't see why it can't be josei.

You have genuinely no idea what you're talking about. It's almost like you think noitanimA is a production studio.

>fedora tippers

>>>/reddit/

Welp they aired the live action version of Moyashimon before tho

>thank you no terror
>saekano
>shitgatsu
>punchline
>pyscho piss

They started pandering to the western audience. Of course it is going to fail.

>KimiUso
they got baited
>Saekano
Like Sup Forums would say, IT'S A DECONSTRUCTION
>Samurai flamenco
Same with Saekano
>Zankyou no terror
Baited, hard
>Robotic notes
Didn't watch that one
>Punchline
This show is legit good.

With exception of few series' by A-1, all the series' in NoitaminA, irregardless of who the target audience is, has been released not in 2-episode per volume format but boxset. Kanebari was released as 4-episode per volume, and most of the other ones to my knowledge was sold as seasonal boxset.

Also, it's funny how you're using SHAFT image to defend your point, while I used Studio A-1 as an example to defend my point. (Both are funded by SONY, who also co-sponsors NoitaminA block, and publishes entirety of the both animation studio work under the ANIPLEX label)

Moyashimon was also technically seinen, so if you're OP, you're doing it wrong in the first place.

Hakaba Kitaro, too, was very off-audience. I think this was first time when audience was mis-targetted.

>he thinks noitaminA is a production studio

Psycho Pass isn't actually a bad show, no matter what the contrarians say.

It is still has an essence of being a J Drama tho

I was under the impression that people only hated the second season.

Either way, Psycho-Pass was a success for noitanimA.

The user called it psycho-piss, so I assumed he was talking about the whole series.

My point was, that who defines the "oh, this is something only OL will LOVE!" anyways? if you remake Rurouni Kenshin, OLs will also eat it up, even though it's remake of the shounen stuff. I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

You also forgot about Thermae Romae. It's also was pretty good for an adaptation.

That user just seemed like an isolated case, you made it sound like "the contrarians" were a force to be reckoned with.

>ppl in this thread forgot the abomination known as Guilty Crown

>ppl
Fucking niggers.