Trump spews anti-First Amendment rant:

>‘It is frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants’

rawstory.com/2017/10/trump-spews-anti-first-amendment-rant-it-is-frankly-disgusting-the-press-is-able-to-write-whatever-it-wants/

how do you defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AndrewBeatty/status/918186529029226502
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Libel and slander laws.

A news organization shouldn't be able to present itself as news on the airways if it is indeed just propaganda and lies. If they want to lie, they can do it without a government license and find their own platform.

>murricans
>expected to understand irony
pick one

I bet he meant lies, but ofcourse got to spin it.

>Trump asks a rhetorical question
OH MY GOD IT'S A RANT AND HE IS LITERALLY THREATENING THE FIRST AMENDMENT

>People who don't believe in the first amendment
>HUUU HUUU HUUUUUU THE FIRST AMENDMENT THE FIRST AMENDMENT

I'm sorry guys but that ship sailed years ago. You don't believe that people have freedom of speech, so why should I care about your complaints? The claim that "b-b-but YOU believe in it" doesn't effect me at all. You're just admitting that I'm a better person than you, and that you believe I am since you're appealing to my morality.

How is this an argument? It's just an admission that you're a worm. Worms don't have human rights.

for example Fox News wasn't allowed to make a canadian version because they were not able to call themselves News b/c of the civilized laws we have here.

He's disgusted at the press lying and profiting off lying, retardbait.

Nobody watches the news for the truth anymore.

Press can write whatever the fuck they want, and even though they have no more power than any citizen does, get away with their bullshit.

Random citizen expresses their First Amendment rights, they get doxxed and harassed.

Press "expresses" theirs and get paid endorsements.

>canada
>civilized

No that's because you're a fucking nanny state with no freedom of speech.

As always, fucking Republicans shit on the Constitution. I hate conservashits. They are anti-American scum.

that's right we don't have freedom of speech, we have to give up some liberties for the benefit of the collective good.

but we have some freedoms you don't have, we have the freedom not to be shot :^)

The 2016 election cycle showed America that its mainstream media uses the first amendment in a manner similar to how Paddock used the second amendment.

By knowing the actual story.

After that, I asked Trump if he thinks there should be limits on what the press writes

He said: "No. The press should speak more honestly"

kys faggot.

twitter.com/AndrewBeatty/status/918186529029226502

I bet you're one of those idiots who confuses their (clearly labelled) opinion pieces with their news segments
The news part of Fox News is actually well respected (see Shep Smith, Megyn Kelly (frm) etc., they're well respected even among liberals)

Everyone else is spewing anti 2A shit. They take our guns, we take their voice.

>collective good
That's just code for "give up your individualality to be ground into your native soil by your leaders".
Because while we have the right to be shot, we're also given the right to shoot back and actually defend ourselves.
Unlike some folks sweetie Americans actually have sense of self :^)

>labeled as news organization
>makes up sources, edits footage to make their slant, and straight up lies
>free speech

Good one

You forgot your meme flag leaf nigger

great answer

/thread

lol most of the time they're quoting trump and he splergs out

I appreciate the satire, leaf. You're welcome down in the land of the free any time.

sounds more like a pro-first amendment rant. the first amendment doesnt protect you destroying peoples lives with lies or geting people killed with lies.

you should become more educated on the subject op

tremendous if its veracity was confirmed.

is NBC trash? Yes
It is still objectively less trash than FOX news? Yes, yes it is.

Trump gives fucking breitbart and infowars morons a platform, he has no leg to stand on to attack NBC/CNN

>spews
>rant

Where? He sent a tweet. Oh and some nigress at the WAPO quoted a single sentence.

NDAA 2011 allows media to write and use propaganda in the US. Thats what he's referring to. They are story tellers who make a production. Not actual news outlets anymore

Well... the press isn't supposed to write whatever it wants. It's supposed to be factual and careful to not create misleading content on purpose. There used to be a thing called libel laws where if someone said/wrote something not factual about you you could easily sue them and get them to retract and pay damages to you or your business. I hope they bring these back.

Why are all leafs licking the liberal butthole. It's fine to quote him, its not fine to misquote him, to twist it, or to speculate wildly on what he "really" meant.

He should use those laws or shut the fuck up. Since he can't dispute it legally without losing bigly, he disputes it rhetorically where _his_ lies don't matter.

Slide thread

...and the Jew once again cries as it hits you.

Motherfucker the 1A doesn't mean you get to spout whatever you want with ZERO consequences.. it only means that you won't be jailed or prosecuted by the government.. MY GOD AMERICA IS FUGGING STUPID!

this

Fuck off share blue kikes

bill of rights is for american citizens

Truth is, as a media outlet they should make content based on facts. Not the opinions of cry baby losers.

Should Trump be allowed to lie about Bob Corker?

Trump is the biggest fake news in America

Definition of lie: anything that paints the president in a negative light.

Actualy shareblue its anything that is take out of context misquoted and used for ratings and Advertising bucks

But I didn't expect your dumbass to know that.

Because the press should be forced to segregate their pieces into two clearly divided zones
>Facts
>Opinions
I'm not saying it should be illegal for them to piss shameless propaganda but it should be heavily frowned upon and penalized.
The news should be the Facts on a situation, not 'Well here's the news: fact, opinion, opinion, fact, fact, opinion, supposition, out and out bullshit, fact to hide that the latter was what it was, fact, fact, please ignore all the shit we aren't talking about'

How is this out of context? :)

REVOKE CNNS LICENSE

REVOKE NBCS LICENSE

REVOKE ABCS LICENSE

REVOKE CBSS LICENSE

LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP

ya I agree, these lib journalists are gonna be in for a rude awakening when they find out nobody cares they're being lined up

>immigrants commit more crime than than citizens
>TRUMP PROMOTES GENOCIDE AT WHITE SUPREMACY RALLY
Notice how one is a statement supported by objective measures and one is utter bullshit?

Civilised laws like fucking your dog, getting gaoled for using the wrong pronoun and having social services take your child if you refuse to put them on tranny treatment?

>implying paddock did anything but comp sushi and get iced in a CIA op

yeah i agree, its awful that CNN gets to lie constantly and then apologise during its 4am segment or not at all but only if they get called out on it

Nigger your shitposting proves you still aren't catching on.

Trump baits his enemies into flaunting what they're doing for the entire country to see and get annoyed by. After they take the bait (they always do) he closes the trap and buries then with their own actions.

Every time.

both are equally shitty, your view that nbc is less shitty than fox is just your own bias. hell, I would've agreed with you 5+ years ago. I believe all media quality has gone down significantly since.

Fpbp

>‘It is frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants’
its more disgusting that people believe it

And yet Hilldawg still roams free...
And none of these companies will lose a minute of airtime, nor a dime of ad revenue.
Soo much winning...

Fox is only decent for now because the forces of the free market make it profitable to positively cover the President. Cville showed us they are still just as bad as the rest

>It's fine to quote him, its not fine to misquote him, to twist it, or to speculate wildly on what he "really" meant.
Didn't trump do that with the muslim london mayor?

Brave new world indeed. Feels very bad man.

>checks flag
Reminder that KHAAAN once was legal council for some 9/11 hijackers

Not an argument

please go back

>pointing out Muslim mayor is Muslim friendly
I hope Iran spares one nuke from Israel and sends it to Mecca

>whatever it wants
i.e. fake news. This has nothing to do with the first amendment, which is not about fake news but freedom of speech. Can't technically ban fake news since it's not defamation against a person, so a problem arises when they hide behind this pretense in order to actually lie or distort reality for political reasons.

>be white
>say something that triggers leftists
>slandered on leftwing news and social media
>doxed
>fired
"freedom of speech"

That is not what trump did and that was not my argument. Keep gasping on the straws.

They should all be barred from access to the White House. Can't wait to see Awan lead to the destruction of the corrupt DNC

>the meme candidate is being retarded again
Big shocker.

the leafs are extra fag today

>Because this is the first time this has happened
>not even the founding fathers would do something like this

tippidy toppidy kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts

lol, fucking shareblue cucks gave up

To be fair even though he said a lot more, the take away from that quote was "living with terror attacks is just part and parcel of living in a big city".
Regardless what he meant, that should have never been said.

it's not anti-first amendment - it's pro-libel laws
stop being a faggot
lies in press are bad
are you arguing they are not?
faggot

>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, OR OF THE PRESS; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

ITT: people who don't even know what the first amendment says

The freedom of press is an outdated relic from colonial times. The right was made when the only presses available were simple hand cranked presses with flat plates, not automated machines which can spew out over 500 magazines a minute!

lugenpresse

By saying this he is pressing the issue about the media's integrity.