Pope Francis: The death penalty is contrary to the Gospel

Pope Francis declared today that the death penalty is “contrary to the Gospel.” He said that “however grave the crime that may be committed, the death penalty is inadmissible because it attacks the inviolability and the dignity of the person.”

americamagazine.org/faith/2017/10/11/pope-francis-death-penalty-contrary-gospel

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0jiod6H9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That conspiratard who said jesuits are jews and the high ranks are turning the vatican muslim is starting to make sense.

>attacks the inviolability and the dignity of the person.

So does the communism he shoves up his hole to get off on every night.

jesuits are the gay commies of the church user

*Kills entire family*
You can't death penalty me because my dignity.

Christianity literally would not exist but for the death penalty.

Does Sup Forums actually give a fuck about what this delusional old man says?

>Frankie the talking Pope
No, not really.

So if a man burned down a church and took the survivors home, raped them, and then skinned them alive to bathe in their blood, the death penalty would still be bad?

Considering all the leaders of the world bow to him, I'd say it'd be wise to keep an eye on him and what he says.

>says this when they slaughtered countless Christians for reading the Word of God

>pope being a retard
Like always. c*thlics aren't Christian.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0jiod6H9o

This

Killing someone doesn't violate their dignity, it kills them.

Man has control over the flesh, God has control over the soul. Let man deal out his own punishment, and God his.

(((Anderson))) is just jelly that pope outcucked him with his feet licking manuver.

Yeah, goys, you cannot Lynch me on day of the rope.

tell that to your loved muslims or the jews who killed jesus fucking hypocrital faggot pope

Sad how shitty the Church has gone. It actually used to have the death penalty for centuries.

I guess he forgot the crusades

I knew someone would post this. Especially the wh*Te nigger

Why was this guy selected pope? You'd be better off with one of the African church guys, sad to say.

>thou shall not kill
Oh nice, only took 2k years for the first pope who can read to appear.

Why so mad?

Agreed, death penalty is a meme, we need to reinstate labor camps

>Why was this guy selected pope?
It's hardly a controversial view withi the church. Previous popes for decades were saying the same thing. Catholic church, like all major churches is pozed to the very core.

Trump doesn't give a shit what the Pope says. Trump is red pilled and knows that the Catholic priests are Babylon the Great. Fucking pedobears

Actually it better means don't murder. The death penalty is in the Bible a lot.

Leviticus 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Numbers 14:10 But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Deuteronomy 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

Ezekiel 23:47 And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.

>The death penalty is in the Bible a lot.
So is abortion. We live in a world without logic.

Abortion is murder and the Bible says murderes should die

This is what's wrong with Christianity and the modern western world. Both place the value of human life above everything, even God. Muslims aren't scared of dying for a greater cause like a bunch of zerglings and that's why they're winning. It actually sounds like heresy, now that I think about it. Fuck Francis and fuck the lack of death penalty.

no shit, got to the point where I was looking into coptic Ethiopian, but then I was like fuck this shit ima just be non-denominational.

"the Gospel" Gospel according to who? Paul? Yahowsha(Jesus) said not to change a jot or tiddle of the Towrah so he sure as shit wasn't against the death penalty.

>inb4 cast the first stone
That story was a fabrication, look it up

>God kills the entire planet save for one guy because he doesn't like how they're behaving
>the state painlessly kills murderers and serial killers who've committed unspeakable acts of horror after lengthy due process and many years to appeal
>"Whoa, too far!"
Christianity is becoming a mockery of itself.

Exodus 21:22-23
22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
According to the bible fetus doesn't count as a person.

Numbers 5:27-28
27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.
God is also ok with killing fetuses when they aren't from woman's husband.

Reminder that they changed God's commandments. This was a prophecy to be fulfilled in the end times.

>01. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
>02. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
>03. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
>04. Honor your father and your mother.
>05. You shall not kill.
>06. You shall not commit adultery.
>07. You shall not steal.
>08. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
>09. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
>10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

They simplified, removed, and split them. They also changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, their sun worship day.

Catholicism is not Christianity. It's paganry with a holy skin. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Who gives a shit what that old fuck says

Oh no. A child. A BASED black man has defeated me. I guess i need to find myself a bull to prep.

It seems more like the husband chooses the pinisment. Also it sounds like if someone accidentaly makes a woman miscarry not a women aborting her kid

ha ha ha

catholics worship a commie

i hate to speak ill of someone who is apprently a fellow believer, but what is up with this guy? he's blowing theological smoke.

He is a Jesuit. The enemy of all believers of God.

Numbers still make it clear that aborting wasn't concidered a murder.

>"God, please don't kill me for fucking all these children..."
-Pope Francis probably

I don't know the context for that one. And you aren't even Christian so I wouldn't choose what you think iver soneone that is.

I really hope someone assassinates this blasphemous Jesuit prick

lmao

read Leviticus retard pope
>"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea..." - Luke 17:2

Is prison contrary to the Gospel too?
A question of time surely

I really hope someone assassinates every Croat.

That's all Old Testament m8.

The New Testament covenant supersedes the Old Testament when there is specific mention.

Also
>or that is a wizard
That means most of Sup Forums should be stoned.

Yes, I'm not being trite, Jesus error forgive that person

Nice to see the Pope sticking up for something that actually is in Catholic Catechism for a change

>"And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death."
>Leviticus 24:16

Just verbal blaspheming, i.e. saying Christ is not God, let alone insulting God by burning down his house, is grounds enough to kill someone. I.e. that's what a truly Christian state would look like.

Literally heresy

To murder is to kill without a justifiable reason..
To kill can be justified. Self defense. Preventing harm to others. Remember when the black winged bird swooped in and killed the dove? An omen of things to come. Black pope heretic confirmed.

"...than to harm a child."

Yeah, I get it. It would be better to bring harm to yourself than it would be to another. It still doesn't mean it should be done. All that sentence does is describe how despicable the Lord considers the deliberate harming of an innocent one, not how to respond to it legally.

>how despicable the Lord considers the deliberate harming of an innocent one, not how to respond to it legally.

Ok faggot, clearly you have no clue. Read the Bible (Old and New Testament). To kill an unbeliever, adulterer, homo, etc. is mercy.

UN Secretary-General thinks the same

I agree but he should really fucking stop talking about politics.

>a truly Christian state
No such thing is even possible. You can't build a state out of hobos certain that "god will provide" for them and waiting for the end of the world that is suposed to happen any minute now.
There is a reason why every nation with christians in it took laws and goverment rules from its pagan predecesors.

>biggest christianity shills are people afraid to show their flags
Really puts my synapses into an overdrive.

God tells us to work hard throughout the Bible, and cautions us against sluggard.

>"The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute."
>Proverbs 12:24

Of course you wouldn't know this because you are a Catholic and not a Christian.

>Yeah, I get it
>All that sentence does is describe how despicable the Lord considers the deliberate harming of an innocent one
>not how to respond to it legally
>Yeah, I get it.
What would a great millstone set about your neck do if you were cast into the sea? It would weigh you down. You would drown. You would die. If the Lord says that it would be better for a person who harmed an innocent to be forcibly drowned, than how much worse would the actual punishment for this from the Lord be?
Think. This isn't difficult to understand.

I wish that Pope faced the death penalty. Lying, pedophile covering piece of shit.

Anti-christian, anti-western corrupt boy fucker.

POPE FRANCIS THE FALSE PROPHET

Hasn't this always been their position? I remember seeing members of the clergy protesting the death penalty in the 70's in multiple western countries in person, and even more in magazines.

So is usury, old faggot.

I'm not catholic. You on the other hand are using a catholic flag while shilling for ortodoxy.
But i guess larpers like you don't even realise what crusader's flag means to ortodox.
Show your real flag.

He's the same Pope who supported Catholics being gay and lesbian.... He's not the antichrist but he sure as hell is setting up things for the Antichrist

Exodus 21:24

an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot.

Christianity become a cult of life in few last decades. Pretty sure as technology advances they will soon demand we keep corpses in vegetative state for years to satisfy their life fetish.

>N O T O N E J O T
>O
>T
>O
>N
>E
>J
>O
>T

No.

"For those who have been appropriately appointed, there is no sin in administering punishment. For those who refuse to obey God's laws, it is correct for society to rebuke them with civil and criminal sanctions. No one sins working for justice and within the law. Actions that are necessary to preserve the good of society are not inherently evil. The common good of the whole society is greater and better than the good of any particular person. "The life of certain pestiferous men is an impediment to the common good which is the concord of human society. Therefore, certain men must be removed by death from the society of men." This is likened to the physician who must amputate a diseased limb, or a cancer, for the good of the whole person."

I Corinthians 5, 6: "You know that a little leaven corrupts the whole lump of dough?"

I Corinthians 5, 13: "Put away the evil one from among yourselves";

Romans 13,4: "[it is said of earthly power that] he bears not the sword in vain: for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath upon him that does evil";

I Peter 2, 13-14: "Be subjected therefore to every human creature for God's sake: whether to be on the king as excelling, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of good."

The same divine authority that forbids the killing of a human being establishes certain exceptions, as when God authorizes killing by a general law or when He gives an explicit commission to an individual for a limited time.

The agent who executes the killing does not commit homicide; he is an instrument as is the sword with which he cuts. Therefore, it is in no way contrary to the commandment, 'Thou shalt not kill' to wage war at God's bidding, or for the representatives of public authority to put criminals to death, according to the law, that is, the will of the most just reason.

This is just entry level Thomas Aquinas and Constantine stuff i got from wikipedia.

Matthew 5:38-44
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

This is what happens when people disconnect themselves from scholars of old and self discover their own self made new bullcrap.

>This is just entry level Thomas Aquinas and Constantine stuff i got from wikipedia.
Yeah, Thomas Aquinias, the famous '70 theologian.

law is not personal revenge

That pope is a dangerous cuck

Kys cucktholic, you are already beyond salvation.

"People" who protest by blocking the freeway deserve the death penalty

>it attacks the inviolability and the dignity of the person
good thing commies aren't people then

He's actually right for once.
Romans 12:19
>Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

So what's your point? Throughout history, the church has been wholly in favour of the death penalty.

Now with this modern humanist crap, it is suddenly wrong? I'm sorry but i dont take it seriously one bit.

Isn't that the exact rationalisation that south african church gave negros so they can go and kill whitey? The flag checks out.

Interesting that when that one couple lied about giving an entire fortune to the church, Peter cursed them and they died on the spot.

when will they relieve this meme pope of his official duties?

"What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? Since they live among us, we dare not tolerate their conduct, now that we are aware of their lying and reviling and blaspheming. If we do, we become sharers in their lies, cursing and blasphemy. Thus we cannot extinguish the unquenchable fire of divine wrath, of which the prophets speak, nor can we convert the Jews. With prayer and the fear of God we must practice a sharp mercy to see whether we might save at least a few from the glowing flames. We dare not avenge ourselves. Vengeance a thousand times worse than we could wish them already has them by the throat."

Christcucks are so dumb, unbelievable

Opposing communism is the only exception to the death penalty ban.

For at least few generations church was preaching something else. I'm not living centuries ago and neither are you.

Cause he’s a jelly nigger.

shit sucking sociocomunist maggot. choke to death on your own puke and lies. god may forgive you but i don't.

I wonder what old bennyboy is thinking about right now.

>whig history arguement

Every. Fucking. Time.

The church has opposed the death penalty for maybe 10-20 years now. It's not my fault they strayed from the right path and descended into this hippy bullshit.

>muh pacifist messiah
Nope.

referring to the holy father, not OP

Has this old cocksucker ever read a bible?

Catholic Church holds this position for decades. United States is a country founded on Protestant fundamentalism so it won't sway them anyway. Savages will be savages.