What's his fucking problem?

What's his fucking problem?

That the person he's talking to is not doing what he says, I'd guess.

He hasn't figured out that he can just pretend he can predict the future yet.

he hasn't died enough times

They keep ignoring him when he mentions Rem and it triggers him because he hasn't come to terms with her constant sacrifice.

Or say he has a strong sense for detecting danger. Or tell the girl he's in love with her, if it isn't obvious to her. Subaru is just being a sperg, he's not even trying to be convincing.

You'd think after so many deaths he'd stop giving a fuck

Stuck in a terrible show that panders to NEET hikki gamers

Judging by the threads, it pisses NEET hikki gamers off because of how incompetent he is.

He does in one alternate timeline. He even stops seeing Emilia as a living being and treats everyone else as pawns.

I doubt Satella would let that. She isn't stupid.

>Or tell the girl he's in love with her, if it isn't obvious to her.

But she doesn't believe he loves her, user. She thinks his flirtings are jokes. Anyway he will confess twice, in a serious way. The first time shoudl be at the end of this arc. She isn't able to understand, she needs time, but she is happy. The second time is in arc 4, after a lot of things happened, and she doesn't trust him anymore again. She tells him he is a liar, and that he never loved her, and after a lot of talking, he is forced to shut up her, kissing her.
It's not a forced kiss, actually. He tells her that if she doesn't trust his words, he will show his love for her by facts. Hi face gets close to hers and he tells her "if you don't want it, well you avoid it". But she closes her eyes and she accepts the kiss. You don't even know how complicated Emilia is. The fact is that she has less self-eestem than Rem, if it's also possible, being a half-elf that everyone hates.
I didn't even put these things under spoilers, since you think this series is shit, so I don't think you care to read spoilers, you'll think it's always shit also when many things will be explained.

>I didn't even put these things under spoilers, since you think this series is shit, so I don't think you care to read spoilers, you'll think it's always shit also when many things will be explained.
Don't be so passive-aggressive.

>Hi face gets close to hers
His face*

What's wrong with you? I just explained why every thing you write is nonsense since it's only a matter to be patient to know the characters background better. But if you are not patient, you will write only nonsense, believing you are better than the writer. Except you are not.

Yeah he could say so many thing to convince her.
He had basically a whole day to think about how he's gonna convience her and "just do as i say" is the best he could come up with?

>He had basically a whole day to think about how he's gonna convience her and "just do as i say" is the best he could come up with?

He was already shocked by Rem's death and specially by the fact nobody remembers her. This is a completely new scenario from his earlier loops, and he is confused as hell. You are suggesting he should have said the same things that he said to Crush. Since Emilia is rational and she sees Subaru as "suspicious" at this stage (she would like trust him, but she can't, how she told him during their fight) she would have wanted to know exactly how he knows so many fcats about the Witch Cult, and this would have brought him to try to explain her his return from death as well.

>fcats
facts*

nIGGA hadnt tapped dat pusi yet nah meeeen

>he can just pretend he can predict the future
>Or say he has a strong sense for detecting danger.

This would be shitty writing and deus ex machina. You are implying he can cheat Satella, exct he can't. It's like those retards that say he could write the truth. Some people are complete idiots.

Or try to write about his ability.
Or draw pictures.
Or use gestures.
Or mention that some curse stops him from explaining things directly, so he requires some focus, patience and brainwork from Emilia as he will try to slowly lead her to an understanding with various hints and indirect methods. Which should take less than 30 minutes and could be easily done during his stay in clown's mansion.

CRAWWWLIIIIING INNNN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

>he can just pretend he can predict the future

Subaru: You must trust me, because I can predict the future.
Emilia: Really? Why are you telling me this only now?
Subaru: Ehm...because...it's a secret.
Emilia: Ah. Another secret. Nice. Okay. So, when will I take a bath?
Subaru: Ehm...this evening?
Emilia: Wrong. The bath is broken today. Fuck you, retard.

I hope you are ironical.

I suggesting he should plan more and shouldn't be so afraid.
He can repeat everything when he dies, in a way is Subaru the most powerful character in this anime.
He should always carry poison with him so he can kill himself as soon as something goes wrong.

You could put so many anime or even real life characters into Subarus positsion and they would totally dominate this world with such a power.

Subaru is one of the worst and useless characters i've ever seen.

>He can repeat everything when he dies

Yeah, and when he will follow you great advise, killing himself to fix something terrible, YOU WILL SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Subaru: Ehm...this evening?
Emilia: Wrong. The bath is broken today. Fuck you, retard.

>Subaru kills himself to start a new loop

Subaru: The bath is broken.

If Emilia asks another question he can just start a new loop and repeat the process until he gets every question right.

When will I see that?

>People who sit on the chair and posting on Sup Forums 'giving advice' to people who experienced the real thing.
How does this thing work?

>If Emilia asks another question he can just start a new loop and repeat the process until he gets every question right.

Impliying she would do only one question, and always the same question. Plus see
Don't worry, he will kill himself again, how you like, because of huge desperation. And you will see what will happen.

Indeed. They are doing their best to seem stupid.
Toward the end of this season.

What will happen? I mean he already killed himself to fix something and nothing happened.
Would be quite inconsistent if suddenly something would happen because that way it's more convenient for the story.

Every timeline is valid so he really does die every reset, and his fuck ups ruin the lives of everyone else in that timeline - not to mention he doesn't know when the ride is going to end. Honestly waiting for him to go and stay batshit crazy it'll make his character more interesting

>Would be quite inconsistent if suddenly something would happen because that way it's more convenient for the story.

It's not inconsistent since the return by death rules are flexible. There are not "rules", everything is handled by someone. Okay?

no, what's their fucking problem. All of the girls and the established society are killing him from his physical to mental state. I really really reaaaaally hope that the benevolent witch will give him an AK-47 or any assault rifle to let him shoot all bitches from that world ala Elliot Rodger style

Why? Those are completely obvious and natural actions if he wants to explain something but can't just say it.

If he still failed despite using smart methods, it would emphasize the seriousness of his predicament, rise the quality of writing and prove that there is no easy way to improve the situation. Now it looks like some forced stupidity.

>no, what's their fucking problem.
Their problem is that they know almost nothing about him, while he knows a lot of things about them, memories and stuff, but he can't explain himself.

Lol I'd love the last chapter havs the witch reward him by letting all the people he saves to experience every death he does, so even if he manages to win they'll all be dribbling idiots.

>Impliying she would do only one question, and always the same question
I don't see why not, events go the same way every time time is reset

>Toward the end of this season.
When is that? Ep number?

See When will you learn he doesn't know how this shit works, because it's not "his power" but something that he can't explain even to himself?
So far, he knew that if he had tried to speak about this secret, he would have felt a terrible pain in the chest. He thought he would be dead. This time he tried as well, but he didn't die. He killed Emilia.

retard for forced drama
couldn't he make up a lie like "a voice in my head tells me the future" or is it too much for his limited amount of brain cells?
Let's guess Subaru's IQ each episodes since 14
Episode 14 : 76
Episode 15 : 95
Episode 16 : 88
Episode 17 : 83

Yeah that makes sense a good point.
Thanks for that now his behavior gets significantly more bearable for me.
He doesn't really have a power he is just a plaything for the witch of envy i assume.

I would've liked to see him discover that his power isn't really a power because the rules aren't consitent.
Because atm he shouldn't know it and from his point of view it should seem like a power. So it's a bit weird that he doesn't use it more but oh well i can live with that.

he cant say shit because they will be killed by the witch if he says what he knows about what's actually happening to him. If only dickhead Subaru would stop being such an hero and let them die for not listening to him.

>I don't see why not, events go the same way every time time is reset

No, you are completely wrong. Rewatch the whole series. Also at the mansion every loop is different. Also in the first loops, his meeting with Emilia changes completely.
Indeed, to him his first meeting with her is when she saved him from thee thugs. To her, their first meeting is when she goes to Felt and they meet Elsa there.

Satella is watching at all times, she wouldn't just allow a loophole. If someone somehow worked it out she'd probably just kill them like she did Emilia.

>He doesn't really have a power he is just a plaything for the witch of envy i assume.

Finally you got it.

>I would've liked to see him discover that his power isn't really a power because the rules aren't consitent.

But he has so much fear and he is so confused exactly because he noticed there are not rules.
If you want I can also make you a screenshot, damn it. He is speaking about this also when he is taking a bath before Roswaal arrived.
Subaru is less stupid than some people think just because they forgot the plot. That is what this thread is showing me.

You seem to be missing the point.

He tried to speak about the respawn thing and he was stopped.
However he doesn't try to use some other method to inform Emilia about it. Why? He doesn't know how this restriction works.

But Subaru doesn't know about that. He knows only that trying to speak about resetting triggers something that stops him. I'm not saying that he would succeed, I'm saying that he didn't even try a different approach.

>However he doesn't try to use some other method to inform Emilia about it. Why? He doesn't know how this restriction works.

Common sense. It's not like if you write something is different from speaking.
The tool used isn't important. His intentions are important. And he is smart enough to understand that.

>virgin
>thirsty as fuck for any of these girls except _ e _
He licked some girl's foot for the chance at a chance of her help. If he would just go out and grab some whore/disabled/little girl instead of these literal princesses. He should just overpower a weak female and rape her then reset his head would be crystal clear.

Oh I don't know OP. Maybe seeing your loved ones get mutilated and killed time and time over miiiiiight have taken a toll on him.

>What's his fucking problem?
I can tell what's your problem, OP. You haven't been lurking for 2 years befoe making your first post.

When does this show get good? When will subaru man the fuck up, or snap or anything happening other than him being pathetic endlessly in every situation?

Stuck in a decent show that criticises the lifestyles and attitudes of those NEET hikkis and they can't handle it, actually.

From his point of view, that's only an assumption, with no proof.

Is it triggered by words or by intent? How smart is it? Is it some automatic process that might have loopholes, or something with intelligence? Can he somehow outsmart it? Does it always work in the same way? Are there any conditions that might interrupt it? Can he tell someone about inability to speak? Can he discuss it with someone and try to find a person who knows something about this phenomenon? He doesn't really know any of those.

Just assuming that results will always be the same because of one test scenario with specific conditions is simply depressingly unscientific.

>Hey Subaru, who wins the elections
>uh...

>I said I can predict the future, I didn't say I can see all of time and space, everything that is going to happen.

He already noticed that there are no rules? I completly missed that. I guess i rewatch it again. I must've been really zoned out to miss such major information.

>I must've been really zoned out to miss such major information.
I don't blame you, this show is boring as fuck with almost every episode being the same shitty subaru can't do nuthing.

He should have spent episode 12 with Rem instead of wasting time creeping on Emilia.

To what are you referring?

Dude, you're an idiot. He knows it's an ACTUAL sentient being that's watching him, it's kinda obvious he'd figure that said being wouldn't let him cheat his way around simply from the fact that it doesn't allow him to speak about his secret whatsoever.
What's more, Subaru has lost all respect others can have for him, and even Emilia turned his back to him. There's no way anyone other than Rem and Ram would listen to him, much less believe him when he says he can see the future when he doesn't even know shit about the world he's in and he's the weakest person around. You'd expect someone with future sight to have at least a little more potential.

When does he accept the reality that he sucks?

Well to be fair from his point of view "not talking about his power" should seem more like a static rule than something controlled by an unkown entity.

It's often so that characters with a new magic power have to discover the rules and boundaries first.
Therefore him perceiving that "not being able to talk about it" thing not as just a rule of his power which he disvocered is weird.

This fucking flaming faggot holy shit.

I think Subaru is the most dislikable MC ever, there isn't a single other character as bad as he is.

Tomorrow

I hope she will die

He has to have some amazing insight, if after appearing in unknown world with magic that has unknown rules he figured out that he is being stopped by an sentient, intelligent being with ability to perfectly know his intents at any given time and place, under any conditions after just getting interrupted by some unidentified scary experience.
I'd consider some other options, but apparently I'm an idiot.

Also it wasn't me talking about "I can see the future idea" and as I mentioned at the beginning - his best opportunity to explore the curse was during his stay in the mansion.

She doesn't.

>Well to be fair from his point of view "not talking about his power" should seem more like a static rule than something controlled by an unkown entity.

Man, but he does know that there's this Satella girl who has put her eyes on him.

user...are you able to understand he was speaking about himself, there? Yeah, he blamed Otto, but he was speaking about himself.
His personality is broken but it has been well written.

Even if it's true, Subaru's projecting still makes him unlikable. Being an ass is still being an ass.

>I'd consider some other options, but apparently I'm an idiot.

Well, since I would have already understood my power isn't something I can handle, you are weird to me, yeah.
Bceause in my opinion it's blatant obvious intentions matter more than the ways to tell the truth.

Sure, but it's important you understand it's intentional.

Being well written doesn't make him likable.

I don't even remember last time I saw an antagonist being this unlikable.

See

Of course. Why wouldn't it be written with that intent? Disgusting behavior invokes disgust.

user, everyone in the anime staff thinks the same. The seiyuu likes kidding about how much Subaru is annoying and stuff.
But this is his role so far. As long as you understand his charcater is supposed have these flaws, it's okay. I find annoying people who say "He is unlikable" = bad character.

Why didn't he just show the witch weapons in his wagon if he's too autistic to speak?

I mean, instantly assuming that he has no hope of outsmarting his opponent is like believing that some janitor is all-knowing, never-resting, infallible super being just because he caught you a few times.

It's a pure coincidence that he got to a right conclusion with a completely insufficient data.

>They kiss

WHAAAAAAAT

How in the fuck can someone who is viewed as a stalker creep turn it around to the point of a kiss?

I knew the author got cold feet in the VN and went back retarded harem route

I don't understand where this Rem is gone for good meme comes from. When he dies wouldn't it just reset to his last checkpoint save infront of the Apple store?

But you know exactly what a janitor is and can say with certainty based on that knowledge that no, the janitor is not an all-knowing, never resting, infallible super-being.

Having a horrific pain overcome you every single time you attempt to talk about a supernatural phenomenon that keeps occurring to you is uncharted territory. Janitors are not uncharted territory.

He fainted and he woke up on his bed. He discovered not even ram remembered rem, and it was a big shock. Give him a break. Plus, even though he had showed them, he needed to give further explanations (how does he know the Witch Cult will attack in 3 days)?
I bet you don't even remember what you ate yesterday. Stop acting cool and smart.

As you can clearly see in that image, he doesn't have a nose, so he can't breathe too good.

The kiss happens in arc 4.
There are two kisses, honestly.
This series isn't harem.

I don't care I don't see a reason why she would want to see him again after the royal event let alone talk to him

I want to protect Reinhard.

He'll protect your pathetic ass instead

Well they made up in arc 3. And you'll see how.
She can't trust him now, but she would like trust him, because he is maybe the only friendly person she met in her life. Everyone hates her.

>Plus, even though he had showed them, he needed to give further explanations (how does he know the Witch Cult will attack in 3 days)?

Just say when he was trying to come here they attacked him and most likely followed him here and say some bullshit like they're possible trying to work with someone and erase Emilia as a candidate.

Either way once someone like Ram saw it she'd know it's legit and atleast prepare the household for defence.

Don't know why you're bringing this up about not him remembering when he literally only came there to warn him.

I would also like that,

Why do they even need to leave, is Betty really a jobber or maybe she just doesn't care.

Reinhard is such a bro

Subaru's life would be happier if he gave up on Emilia and pursued the superior Reinhard route instead.

What about Julius?

>Just say when he was trying to come here they attacked him and most likely followed him here and say some bullshit like they're possible trying to work with someone and erase Emilia as a candidate.

user he was trying the most efficient way, to win Emilia trust back: telling her the whole truth. For this he tried to tell her that he had the ability to return from death and thus he could see the future. Sadly he killed Emilia this way.
But you always think if you were him, you were better, just because you are the omniscient viewer.

He is the knight of her rival.

Why hasn't he been NTR'd yet? If the main heroine actually fell for another guy, this anime would be 10/10.