Games Workshop Promises better "Representation" in 40k

youtube.com/watch?v=kzNBBnOTkxM

Are you ready for the new Emperor of Mankind to be a strong independent black Orc woman with an afro haircut who don't need no Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1b1nb1kH-Y
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/mark-hamill-luke-skywalker-gay
meaningness.com/geeks-mops-sociopaths
youtube.com/watch?v=kzNBBnOTkxM
twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/917711499212345344
youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6fTnsdBI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

people still pay attention to warhammer?
when will the stupid end?

when?

wew lads
It's actually impressive to see how GW is making every wrong decision.
Like, nothing they've done since 2010 was a good move and they still act surprised that their customers are leaving.

At least we'll always have middle earth

It's going to be an entire IG legion of WE WUZ or female Smurfs, screencap this.

Left th hobby in 2008, how worse is it now?
space hulk was my last buy.

wait don't they already have a gay feminist race called eldar?

They kept hiking up their prices to compensate declining sales, banking on fewer people buying more expensive items. Which in term made even more people leave (or rather, quit the current versions of their games and retreat among themselves to play the outdated versions they preferred)
In that line of thinking, they rewrote army books and codices with loads more of big units that require big expensive models, said units very often being far too overpowered to make sure players who want to play efficiently will need to buy the most expensive kits (the IG Vankyrie is a notorious case, so is the Chaos Helldrake)
They started to release terrain props with their own set of official rules, stuff like that, as well as entire plastic tables. All of which is way overpriced, but they still hoped players would prefer that faster option to spending ages building their own stuff out of scraps and wooden or plastic bits.
They gambled a lot on starting a Hobbit line, hoping it would get as popular as LOTR was for about five years. It tanked hard.
Then WHFB lost popularity (keeping so much of the rules and miniatures unchanged for so long did not help at all) so they decided to remove it from their line completely, reboot the universe and start a new game, Age of Sigmar, with lighter rules and a brand new line of miniatures.
Despite their miniatures getting cheaper and cheaper to produce thanks to computer design, the prices are not getting any lower and now 40k alone is keeping them afloat (although recent succesful WHFB video games might help them quite a bit, too bad they don't have a line of product to sell anymore)

This is the perfect time for every spess mareen autist to harken back to WHFB instead of that shitty space setting.

WHFB is essentially dead, there'a no way GW can fuck a dead corpse, they are too busy worrying about Age of Shitmar.

White men come home, Fantasy is the best setting, let the normies have 40k since it's essentially a normie friendly Fantasy.

I expected as much, but it's even worse than imagined.
We'll never get game as fun as necromunda again, will we?
rats.

I'm not worried about this at all. It's impossible for them to go back on gender expression given that transgenders already exist in the setting, and are among the most terrible servants of the pleasure god Slaanesh.

And if they come out and say that one of the lost Primarchs was female? So what? It's not like fans haven't been making their own versions of female Primarchs and Astartes for decades now.

It's a non-issue

>bretonnians will N E V E R be updated
>their line is now defunct
>they are completely absent in Age of Sigmar
I have cried all my tears, all I have left is despair.

Lemme guess, they hired with diversity in mind and now all is fire?
>removing brettonians
>ever a good idea.
They were super fun to fight, goddamit.
And I was a locked on land dwarf.

>And if they come out and say that one of the lost Primarchs was female?
>The SONS of the emperor as females.
Do it for a what if and have your fun, but never as canon.

Mah nigga!

>t. HEY LET'S APPEAL TO A MARKET THAT DOESN'T BUY OUR PRODUCTS!!!!!!!
>t. every company that has failed recently

Slaanesh covers everything SJWs need no more needed.

No, that's going to be retconned.

The Imperium now has always condoned transexuality and all manner of faggotry.

Do people need to keep following new iterations cant they just play older versions?

>Lemme guess, they hired with diversity in mind and now all is fire?
I don't even know, I've been out of the loop for a while too. Only get some occasionnal news from /tg/ and 1d4chan. I stopped paying attention when it became really fucking obvious they were overpricing big creatures and vehicles by taking ForgeWorld models, making them cheaper and in plastic but keep them at similar prices, and leave them with absolutely fucking broken rules.
I got tired of not being able to play muh orks for fun because they had become shit without a battlefortress and EVERY MOTHERFUCKER ARROUND PLAYED CHAOS WITH TWO HELLDRAKES THAT HAVE SEVERAL FLAME WEAPONS AGAINST MY INFANTRY-HEAVY ARMY
And there was that whole "one page pdf rulebook" shit too. I was done when that happened but the shitstorm was noice
I really don't think they would take kindly to transgender being mutated chaotic beings (despite in being a pretty accurate description of SJWs honestly)
If you care about official tournaments, you have to stay up to date. But you shouldn't care.
Get some friends, agree on the version you like the most, keep on truckin'

The Imperium was led by someone who can shift his shape at will, with a second in command who can also shift his shape at will.

Or are you going to tell me that Malcador the Sigillite didn't once try out being a girl, in the thousands of years he's been alive?

Non-issue.

Good thing I don't have friends and don't listen to you faggots when you said spend your money no 40K.

I guess I can still download and play the video games.

Didn't Disney restart the Star Wars universe?

youtube.com/watch?v=C1b1nb1kH-Y

is games workshop jewish or anglo?

Also long as they dont scrap everything and keep making the models just ignore the story. Not as bad as the comic industry going SJW where its purely story driven.

Honestly if these SJW groups really liked these hobbys that thye glom on to they'd be happy with how it is.

Not really in to Warhammer or comics but its almost abusive when they take these hobbys where young probably socially awkward young men bond and push them out.

mushrooms
I am fully convinced Robin Cruddage is an ork in disguise.
Or possibly an ogryn.

Yeah Lukes a fag now.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/mark-hamill-luke-skywalker-gay

Started anglo but became jewish.
late 80 to 00 were their best years

You are now remembering Blood Bowl, the Squats, Necromunda and fucking Chaos Dwarves.
Oh, and the Brettonians too.
Feel free to puch a hole through the nearest wall.

You can if you want to stay unofficial. MTG did something similar where they banned all cards from official events that were not within the last three releases. Nerds being nerds, a fair chunk of them went full retard and thought it was a good idea so they refuse to play with other players not following those rules

>hey man wanna play magic?
>yeah sure as long as you don't have a deck older than like a year that might have things that would upset my 500 dollar perfectly tuned deck

I have a really bad sliver deck and half the people I know won't play even though they will easily beat me

being a girl is gay

But arent these hobbys about hanging out with friends and having a laugh not "i dont wanna play that its not official" bitch fests.

Thanks, I'm now starting to get depressed.
Their best games are non official only now...
even gorka morka if a necromunda pasta was a nice game.

The true reason women and most minorities don't play Warhammer 40k is because it involves rule-following and basic math.

It really doesn't matter in a sense. Games Workshop is the biggest bunch of hobby Jews in the whole world. Paying asswads for Chinese plastic, give me a break.

But you'll have to pull the lore from my cold dead hands, heretic!

It's almost literally "The Virgin Rulebook vs The Chad Homebrew"

Looking back on my gaming groups it's eerie how divided we were based on our autism

>not handcasting custom figurines from scrap pewter bought on ebay

Expect everything to turn into Halsey AMVs and Hunger Games references.

What franchises has this happened to aside from 40k?

> not knowing Shadow of war introduces we wuz gondorians

Tournament player are a cancer in every game, because soon enough they will ruin the game thanks to dev enabling them.

Haha damn, the Chad way.

Probably better than that Chinese-ium steel they give you there.

They are, absolutely.
But the rule makers have every right to try and make people care more about the rules than the rest.
Big problem is, GW became pretty agressive against people who don't play the way they are supposed to some time in the early 2010s. Started banning players from tournaments if they showed up with non-official miniatures or things that were too heavily modified, demanded their shops stopped making props out of recycled material and only used the kits GW makes, all that shit.
In doing so, they really have alienated some of the fans, either the ones who don't care that much as you described, but also the DIY dudes and the modeling enthusiasts who got tired of being frowned at when they show up in shops, talk with people and recommand non-GW products like paint, lacquer, etc.
Also "will you need some paint with that too?"

>literally the first company to have transgender models
>isn't "representative" enough

necromunda is being remade and comes out in November, there was a similar version for the 40k armies called Shadow Wars Armageddon

>Arch Warhammer
kill yourself

How to extend 60 seconds of content to more than 13 minutes: Reference video 1

meaningness.com/geeks-mops-sociopaths
>One reason—among several—is that as soon as subcultures start getting really interesting, they get invaded by muggles, who ruin them. Subcultures have a predictable lifecycle, in which popularity causes death. Eventually—around 2000—everyone understood this, and gave up hoping some subculture could somehow escape this dynamic.

>DIY dudes and the modeling enthusiasts who got tired of being frowned at when they show up in shops
That's me, the DIY terrain was what attracted me to the hobby thanks to the WD articles.
Then these placastle started to be sold which was fine, but their (surprising) success enabled more of the same and changed the demographic.
I'm sorry for enjoying building shit.

Arch? What are you doing in Belgium?

They're trying to ruin comics, video games, star wars. Movies are mostly trash these days. Probably other things I have no knowlege of.

Jap stuff seems mostly untouched because Japs dont really understand or care yet. But they will.

>It's going to be an entire IG legion of WE WUZ
Well I did want to get some conscripts/penal legionaries.

I absolutely dread the day Christopher Tolkien finally dies. His family probably sells the rights to Disney, and then it's an annual LOTR movie for the rest of our lives featuring black rohirrim and homosexual dwarves

If they embraced Diy stuff they could have a whole line of products specifically aimed at that and make a shit load of money from general people that dont want to invest in finding out how to make things.

I though the whole point of Warhammer is you paint and customise the models.

You're an idiot fuck off.
These half truths are not justifications.

Japs stuff are untouched because japs understand their demographics.

They know who they are selling to and will make stuff for this particular people.

Are Black Library works safe from this? I just like to read the lore and stories and occasionally the games, I don't play the tabletop.

As long as it's not shitting the lore but new waifus I'm good.

I mean something like a sisters of battle army would be swell.

Unless they rewrite and edit books which is unlikely. Probably just new ones will be ruined.

>youtube.com/watch?v=kzNBBnOTkxM
here we go again..

KeK
Black Library is where all of it started.

I don't know if I can trust you on that, Satan.

But seriously, I hope not. I enjoy the books.

>half truths

What part? The Emperor is a hugely powerful psyker who assumes a diminished form multiple times during the Great Crusade. Malcador makes himself appear as an old man despite being almost as strong as the Emperor and overpowering fucking Lorgar in a fight. Both of these people have lived on Earth since Stonehendge.

You're saying that neither of them ever once assumed a female body. When for most people, giving themselves a clit would be literally the first thing they would do?

GW could put out a release tomorrow saying that the Emperor is a transgender, and nothing about it would contradict established canon.

One of their main writers went on a twitter rant just yesterday because he recieved a random shitpost years ago and he apparently spent the time since "thinking a lot about it"

twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/917711499212345344

Not everyone is as degenerate as you user.

Heh, maybe this will mean more business. Women love inclusion, and warhammer.

user, I think you're gay

That's kind of funny desu. But yeah, that's bad news.

Before too long, the only people in "nerd culture" activities will be insincere lefties that never cared about the thing before it was widely recognized.

And then these hobbys will die and nobody will start anything similar because they'll see oh things like that have no audience now.

Seems a bit on the nose to outright make him mentally ill, tho

>digits

Stop, you've hurt me enough!

We really did lose Gamergate...

(((They))) will never touch anime, r-right?

Everything after 3rd edition ruleset is babbys first warhammer. Fite me faggots

that pic is so painfully true

they've already begun
youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6fTnsdBI

this guy sounds just like molymeme

You're absolutely right tho.

Depends in if they infiltrate Jap culture. Hopefully not...

> western anime

Just create a squad hat has white men and Asian women in it. That should please everyone, especially Asian boys who get off on cuckolding.

Why...?

>nigs can afford 40k
>roasties spend chad's money on 40k

fug

Eh, I suppose there could be something better for the Warhammer series than GW, it just depends on who BL licenses out too. I'm willing to listen... because if that shit isn't cool, gory and wrapped in kicking everyone's ass... then I will destroy GW and put in a new one. No one needs this.

Netflix shit doesn't count its mostly garbage and "dubbed" cmon fuck off. Also this piece of garbage is created by a white guy from some gay band and stars Jaden Smith. Thats a cartoon.

Production I.G. and Studio Deen animated it. Keep in mind that Western audiences are to anime studios what Chinese audiences are to Hollywood... I could easily see them starting to pander more. A lot of anime fans are lefty faggots. so I wouldn't surprised if it starts creeping into legit Japanese anime

>for most people giving them a clip is the first thing they'd do

You have body dysmorphia, it's legitimately listed as a mental illness but it's more commonly celebrated as transgenderism.

>better representation

Cryptic conformation of

PLASTIC SISTERS
L
A
S
T
I
C

S
I
S
T
E
R
S

Sold my 12,000 point space marine army 4 years ago. Regretted it initially but not anymore. The funs it funded are so much better. I still /tg/ but for D&D, not 40k

> Kill la Kill turns into identity politics

Non obese women is racist friend they gotta go.

Agree that it is tragic that they are pushing young men out of their own games, and it has infested every part of our culture. But I also agree with just keep making the models. I don't know much about the lore, but I love the models and I paint and build all the time. Me and my friends even made up our own rules; they are probably shitty, but we have a great time. That's one of the things I love about board games and tabletop games, you can make up your own rules and play however you want.

archwarhammer is just butthurt and you shouldnt listen to that sensationalist bullshit.

Half of this shit is totallyFALSE: they had this year their best result in sales and units like helldrake are not op(even underperfomance).
Haters gonna hate

They have updates rules for AoS

>Waiting years to reply
>not even linking the guy

What a raging pussy