Gohda's sociological analysis of post-war Japan was spot on, his intentions were pure, his actions justifiable...

Gohda's sociological analysis of post-war Japan was spot on, his intentions were pure, his actions justifiable, his goal objectively the best

Section 9 had no right to shoot this man dead

You don't get to murder millions to become famous.

He broke the law, they were plenty justified

You don't get to bring half your face

Gohda pls go

Die and stay deaded, Gohda.

I plan on doing the same once i become a wizard desu senpai.

Perhaps the same could be said of all politicians.

Most politicians don't literally scheme to murder millions of actual civilians out of an actual petty desire to be famous (rather than a no-name nobody behind the scenes).

What is a no-name nobody? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk

Wasn't he trying to sell military-grade analytic software to the US Empire? Even nation states IRL treat crypto like nukes. What did he expect to happen to him when he tried to smuggle out state secrets in his cyberbrain?

He's ugly so that means he's evil. He wouldn't be so evil if he could just stop being so ugly.

It's more that he arranged the nuking of Dejima and the right-wing shift in Japan's politics, which would lead to a revitalized partnership with the American Empire (and thus lots more big business for the AE's military industrial sector), then planned to move to the AE and soak up the acclaim of its administration and become a recognized pundit/authority on Big Issues.

But by having the Prime Minister officially recognize him as a vital Intelligence Asset, his "defecting" to another country could be stopped by any means necessary, just as with the Tachikoma's creator, even if he didn't have specific examples of tech ready to give to somebody else.

His appearance is Naruto filler villain tier

yeah but he was a virgin so who cares what he thinks

Nobody cared for what Ghandi thought either. Or that creep Nikola Tesla.

meme people

Did you sometimes get frustrated by Major being invincible? I felt bad for the good guys on the opposing side. Because I felt like this watching SAC.

her childhood friend frustrated me more

Getting mad she is invincible when she gets trashed in the first movie, loses control of her body in SAC and gets her body torn to shreds in 2nd gig.

You have to realize that Section 9 are the tools of the Japanese government. They follow their orders. They're THE MAN. And sometimes, THE MAN crushes the good guy when the good guy goes against THE MAN's interests.

Now, The Major and the other members of Section 9 all have morals, ethics, and free will of their own. They make their choice in who they serve, and what they do...though, to some degree, they're as much slaves of The State at this point as the creator of the Tachikomas or Gouda just before his execution.

They can be good people in their hearts, but they sometimes carry out very un-good actions in the course of fulfilling their duties, just like so many soldiers, policemen, and any number of other professions.

Of course, a big reason they 'sold themselves' was to get cutting edge bodies and weapons and support staff which is just downright unfair when stacked against what most of their opponents bring to the game.

tl;dr - major sucks dicks for components

That was probably part of what she uploaded to the doll-fetishest, at least, yeah.

>implying ghandi is a virgin, he fucked little girls

They did such a good job of introducing that idea early on in the season. Holy shit 2nd Gig is so good.

Batou, specifically, rages against this 'dog on leash' mentality multiple times.

It's my only 10/10 besides Bebop.