So now that his Godzilla proved a success, is he going to abandon anime after the last Evangelion for live action?

So now that his Godzilla proved a success, is he going to abandon anime after the last Evangelion for live action?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h0DayCP5Q60
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He already did that after Evangelion.
He'll come back to anime

Anno think anime doesn't have a future

But he can't let it go.

He thinks Taiwan is where the future of Asian animation lies.

>YFW he goes to Pixar

no he'll make the next eva movie in a week with inferno-cop style animation

>Next eva movie is a puppet show.
>All robots are actual merchandise that can be bought

3.33 was the last Evangelion, he's been gone since 2012.

Is that a cuter version of Kayo?

Still no Misato toys though

Godzilla proved a success when it first released. this is just another remake user. He cant take much credit for using someone elses work

It's being well received though, so there's that at least.

Kayo it's a bitch

He did the same thing with Evangelion.

I think he'll try to direct a some kind of toku series

worked for uroboochy

Gaim kinda fell apart a bit by the end though.

>implying Anno will ever move on from Evangelion

youtube.com/watch?v=h0DayCP5Q60

wow. This guy.

>Taiwan
Who?

Japan bitch, people called them weeaboo

>future of animation
>never made anything worthwhile other than the typical harem shit bootleg anime ripoff
Damn, asian is doomed

Not a chance, he's dissed Disney in the past.

Great manufacturing centers always start out with shit quality and rip-offs

It's tradition, he used Kare Kano and Nadia music in the Rebuild films.

>BokuMachi invented Japanese girls wearing red jackets with scarfs
End your life please

Anno is the master of trolling so no.

>It's tradition
The tradition of sagisu being a lazy bum?

I fucking love it.

>Taiwan

>Anno Toku
Not sure if want

Its great.
I hope they dont go full mandarin.

It's probably 50% laziness, and 50% hat tip to the otaku
So, very Gainax.

Give him Ultraman.

Yeah it's been like this century already. Chink can't do anything other than ripoff anyway

Are you okay?

The final rebuild is never going to be made, is it?

Urobutcher way ahead of the game

>he makes a live-action eva adaptation

>is he going to abandon anime
Because he hasn't done live-action before, right?

he said just a few days ago that doing Godzilla was a needed creative break from Eva, that he can now go back to Evangelion

Anno loves that shit. Ever seen the God Warrior short?

Anywhere that have animators not fixated on moe waifus will be the future of anime. Japanese animation is saturated by this style and it stinks. Mecha anime especially got hit with this. I haven't seen a mecha anime in the past decade which wasn't filled with androgynous male pilots or cute girls doing cute things pilots. The age of GAR MCs is over.

The rebuilds are shit while The Giant God Warrior was based as fuck and Godzilla seems to be fucking great by the Japanese reviews. Evangelion take the worst from Anno, it should end with End of Evangelion anyway

The problem is not really about the lack of GAR MCs. The real problem is that kids stopped giving a shit about mechas many years ago so modern mechas are fetishes remix with some mechas thrown around for selling toys to the otakus

Evangelion was a very personal work informed by Anno's mental state at that point in his life. It's impossible for Anno to recreate it now - if he was going to go back to the well he should have made something more radically different. 3.0 was an attempt to push it that way, but it was too late, and the pacing was fucked.

Eva should have been left in the past, but the money and MUH LEGACY was too much to leave it alone I guess.

My inner nerd will always be angry with Anno for the rebuilds but I try to see it on this way, without the rebuilds breaking the box office, Toho would never entrust Godzilla to Anno.

>kids stopped giving a shit about mechas many years ago
What plebs, one must appreciate both mechanical machinations and moe.

That is the way of the true connoisseur.

He wasn't trying to recreate it. In fact, he said that it was difficult to change the story because retelling it the same way was the most natural thing for him and it was like he was fighting the person he was 10 years ago.

I can't be, with all the subtle callbacks to his previous works it's too crazy to dislike.

I can see how you would if you didn't recognize any of it.

What is this supposed to convey?

Rebuild is a weird fucking thing. What is it? It was pitched as a four film retelling of the series with a new ending. Ok. But the first film is a shortened clone of the first arcs, going as far as reusing the same shots, until the final battle. The second film is a movie version of Evangelion, along the lines of what was first promised. Close to that part of the show, but modernised (for better of worse). The third movie is a what the fuck that tries to radically change the story just before ending. Instead of using the four film format to slowly build up the characters and world, they now have to spend the majority of the length establishing a completely different world and character dynamics.

Playing it by ear is what Anno does, but that works a lot better when you can gradually change things up in an episode by episode format. It doesn't feel like they really knew what they wanted to make with the Rebuild movies.

At least it's more interesting this way.

With Death-Note and Attack on Titan having come out, I'm amazed there hasn't been an live action Eva, Japanese or Western.

>Imagining a Hollywood version of Eva

Fucking kill me now

>Neon Genesis Evan-jel-on
>Screenplay by David S. Goyer
>Directed by Michael Bay
>Executive Producer: M. Night Shyamalan
>Rated R for coarse language, crude humor and sexual content

>tfw Robin Williams will never be part of an American Eva

he already abandoned evangelion

Final is never going to come out

ADV almost got it moving in the early 2000s and commissioned Weta to do concepts, with the plan that they'd do the effects. They met with directors and screenwriters but it got lost in development hell.

I feel like dumping the concepts, starting with the funniest

He would actually have been a great Gendo based on his dramatic work.

>Angels are renamed as 'demons' to not offend Christians
>All the characters are scaled up to 18 so we can have sexy time without the American public getting uncomfortable
>Shinji saves the day by fighting his dad who is also piloting an Eva, hence stopping Third Impact

I liked the suit designs the and techno-organic looking Evas weren't that bad, but
>Ray
>Kate Rose
>Susan Whitnall

>That Asuka face
>Black haired Rei

It's worth noting that at the concept art stage character names go through all sorts of temporary names. Hell, sometimes some names are not set until the ADR stage. These names might even have been used to keep things quiet.

That's not to say that they wouldn't "Americanize" all the names in the ends though.

The mecha, Nerv, Tokyo-3 concepts look great, but Susan's suit (heh) looks HORRIBLE

They are basically aliens so why not call them that? It sounds similar too.

There is some black haired Rei concept art somewhere. It was alright.

The Submerged City is my favorite piece out of all the concept art.

Damn, that's a hot ENIGMATIC CAT SPIRIT.

That's the stuff

Unit 02 is pretty spot-on

>AFTER the last Evangelion

>Anno previously commented on the final film [...] and joked that there might end up being a 4-6 year gap between the third and fourth films

The absolute madman.

If a company could pull the effects off it would be Weta. Its too bad the rest of the adaptation would be so fucking terrible and half assed it would be worse than the dragonball movie.

He'd probably been contacted by Toho by then

warau

There are two Nerv bases set in America. They could easily do an Eva side-story with an American setting but you know they'd want the three main Evas.

>So now that his Godzilla proved a success
[citation needed]
The premiere had more than half seats empty, you need at least a week to gauge whether it will be a success or not and right now most people agree that while it is a good movie it's not a good Zilla movie, a lot of people also didn't like his shameless autoreferences.

I think what's stopped it from happening is that it's just too expensive. It's beyond what can be done on Japanese live action production values (though if it had been released for the first time now they might have given it an AoT like shot) and too risky a concept for a Hollywood tentpole blockbuster.
Pacific Rim was out there for Hollywood and even that disappointed at the box office.

I'd like to see Anno do another original. His shit always had weak starts with good endings. I want to see how his directing changed since his last work.

I know he was the supervising director to Puchi Puri Yuushi, and that was my favorite Gainax.

these are some really bad butts

One of the reasons he took a break from anime the first time around was that he couldn't get funding for a Star Trek-like starship adventure show he wanted to make.
These days his name could get anything made so it's a shame he spends his time on Rebuild.