How to gain faith in christianity again

Ive prayed every night to god before i went to bed for my family and friends til i was about 15 and went slowly but steadily agnostic, believing that there may be an godlike being but not believing anything that the bible teaches.

Since then my life went to shit, i've got no purpose to live for, i am an human loving man that hates humans. My head can't handle a world without an god, so i went mad. I try to believe in Jesus again but i just won't feel the spark in me light up again, tho i saw wonders that could just be explained by god that is still watching over me. How can i get my faith back? Sup Forums deleted it out of my system.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JyZBLuBxqdM
youtube.com/watch?v=0vY53_0j7Us
amazon.com/dp/1585090549/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I21YAHGDLOJOVH&colid=3UDY65VMUKVN6
thedivinemercy.org/message/
thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/praythechaplet.php
youtube.com/watch?v=VYfF06CPHMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm similar.
But there's no real way back.
Try to improve your life and at least engage with some spirituality.

just sit and meditate for a period of time. keep reciting a bible verse in your head or something

Go live in the forest

He is risen.

All you have to do to realize Christ is the real deal is examine everyone who's rejected him.

Pray every morning and evening and god shall hear you

gimme some examples
When i try to meditate i suddenly feel a really deep emptiness i don't know why, it's the same when i want to think about jesus. Feels like something in me is blocking these feelings to come through

Try to find the silhouette of god. Love the creation, tho you've forgotten your passion for the creator, and you may yet find your faith returned.

You dont. It failed, it is stupid to stick with an ideology which failed.

I'm just going to list some of my favourite verses. Maybe you can get some inspiration from them.

Matthew 7:4-5
John 11:35
John 3:16
Psalm 23:1-6
Romans 1:18-19
(Romans is short as fuck so you've got no excuse not to read it)

Pretty common ones but I like them.

You have to embrace being raped by priests, OP. Once you can do this, you're most of the way there. Prepare your anus.

There is one verse in the new testament that might help. As a man asked Jesus to heal his son:

Mar 9:23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”

Mar 9:24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

The man asked Jesus to help him overcome his unbelief. And somewhat related:

Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

There are two very important things to pray for. Those are faith and wisdom. Spend a little time every day praying for those. They will come.

Put a nigger foot in your mouth, the fermented shit on it will fry your brain enough to see the light (=accept rabbi Jeshua bar Joseph as your lord)

Also want to add, Romans 1:18-32 was what pretty much got me to believe in God and Christ his son. Incredibly powerful passage.

Sort yourself out.

You don't to follow any particular religion. Just believe in gods and God. You sort of have to believe in a higher power during the Trump campaign and election. 7s everywhere, and seeing someone still win after having the entire media and billions thrown against him.

I was a atheist until about 9 months ago. I believe.

You should bear in mind that Reason is the devil's whore and always works against faith.

The world is in such a state of abhorring anything that has to do with God. As said, look at all those who push such things forward, who do they hate most? Non-apostate Christians. For me, Isaiah as well as Messianic Psalms are some of the best places in The Word for reminding you that it's always darkest before the dawn but The Light is coming. I'll pray for you

Read the New Testament King James Version.

Then it is time to move away from Christendom and to look upon the divine teachings of Buddha.
Buddhism and Christianity aren't mutually exclusive either. In fact, many morals/lessons of Christendom and Buddhism work hand in hand.

Ask what you do not have and you will only find what you wish to have.
Ask what you already have and you will find your entire life is given to you anew.

related

I believe in God, but I cannot understand why I should believe in Jesus. To me he seems like any other mythological figure. If you guys can explain it, then please help me to understand.

God is knowable through reason alone. Read Ed Feser's The Last Superstition to get a good argument for how this is the case. Not sure if it's been translated into German though

visit 8ch /christian/

Sounds like you should quit Sup Forums. I pray for my people too; and now I’ll start praying for you. And, find a Christian (Catholic?) mentor, or spiritual director, or just friend. The devil wants you alone.

>never religious
>first atheistic then agnostic
>now theistic agnostic
>thinking of Jesus as a messianic figure embodying everything good in this world helped me to better myself
>still not going to the church and never will

>Sup Forums deleted it out of my system.
I think it's safe to say you never really had it to begin with.

Step 1: be thankful for everything
Step 2: do all things without complaining
Step 3: visit orphans and widows in their troubles
Step 4: when people ask why you're so much better than everyone else they know, speak about Christ

Follow those four steps and you will feel fulfilled.

ISIS wasn't the first Caliphate to ever exist, and in all likelihood it won't be the last

>shill for my religion and you will feel better

I know that these are all old words that are now bound onto one word "christianity" "buddhism" "islam"

But i somehow without any logic feel the best around christianity.

Why do you need to practice wisdom always need to believe in a religious system? Because other people do too, and together it feels stronger and better as if you would just believe in some things for yourself.

It's ego, it's collectivism. But a simple human being needs it to believe in something because we are social beings. To believe in something no one4 around you believes in will ultimately result in you not believing it anymore. It's different when you are an strong, independent human being but this sounds more easy than it actually is.

Unless it's explicitly anti-Jew, it can never be fully trusted or relied upon.

my spelling is fucking retarded, i should really stop drinking every day

There are plenty of people in your situation
Just be happy who you are, don't worry about some old book and ancient beliefs.

ISIS is a Saudi and Israelian false flag to expand territory for their nations (empires). The Dragon loves conquering and so does the Beast because they want to exalt themselves.

Start watching Jordan Peterson. He's not exactly Christian in the traditional sense, but he explains very nicely how important it is to understand the metaphor - how that's fundamentally more important than your ability to believe they physically happened.

Good way to find your way back, I think.

Are her eyes hazel or green?

Peterson basically just regurgitates Nietzsche and Jung. He'd be a lot better if he read Aquinas or something

Molyneux has a few good videos on it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=JyZBLuBxqdM
>youtube.com/watch?v=0vY53_0j7Us

Jordan Peterson's interpretation of Christianity is also helpful, as he approaches it from a philosophical/psychological perspective instead of a blindly religious perspective.

If you can't believe in god at all, look for truth and beauty in the world. For me it's mathematical and scientific truth that inspires me to belief. I see Turing's halting problem as proof that humans aren't just biological machines, and Godel's incompleteness theorems as proof that there are truths higher than humans can comprehend.

If you can't believe in Christianity specifically, because there are other possibly valid religions, consider that Judaism and Islam are basically convenient excuses for their respective tribes:
>Reading the bible, every time something good happens to the Jews, it's because they're God's chosen people. Every time something bad happens to the Jews, it's because they've strayed from divine law.
>Mohammed was a bandit/warlord who used religion to justify raping, pillaging, and murder.

Buddhism is classed as a religion because of some religious aspects to it (the seven candles/eternal Nirvana), but it can just as easily be classified as practical philosophy over religion.
Whether god exists or not is not a Buddhist question, its a personal one to each and every Buddhist.
Whether there's a heaven or hell; again, despite the seven candles and eternal Nirvana, its still open to dispute.

Buddhism is about learning to accept who you are, what you are, what you have and what little you really need. Accepting that suffering is existence and existence is suffering; but that suffering is beautiful because it is life.
Quelling the suffering can be achieved, but not by means of mass production or hoarding, only coming to terms with what life really is and those around you.

As for your "illogical" faith in Christendom; its your birthright, your culture, your genetic history. It's not illogical. Its the same as to why Islam is mostly practised by Arabs, or when the word Islam is used, the mental image of an Arab man often comes to mind. Its association and familiarity. There's nothing wrong with that.

1. Find out why you don't believe. Is there something in the bible that holds you back, or some part of Christianity that you can't ascribe to?
2. Ask questions. Religions are explanations. What is life about? What is wrong with the world? What is the point? Every religion has a different answer; but you have to ask the question.

3 Pray, meditate, and read. Pro Tip: All 3 can be done at the same time. Get connected to the religion, and try to get connected with God.

That's all I got

Jesus was a pantheist.
Read the Jeffersons bible, the philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth.
Look up Pantheism.
Einstein said "We followers of Spinoza see our God in the wonderful order and lawfulness of all that exists and in its soul as it reveals itself in man and Animal"

>The Christian is randomly scrolling Sup Forums
>Plenty of threads praising Jesus that he could join
>This makes him happy
>Then suddenly his eye catches a glimpse of something
>"Paga-"
>His blood begins to boil
>His face grows red and his mouth starts to foam
>"T-This c-can't be"-he mutters
>Since childhood he was surrounded by Christians
>His family, friends, co-workers, his whole town
>All his ancestors were Christian too
>Sure, hundreds of generations ago his people were not Christian, but they were evil people
>At least that's what the priest says, and the priest is never wrong
>Yet suddenly his worldview is shattered
>People like this still exist
>Why won't Jesus put a stop to this?
>The Christcucks then opens the Bible to calm himself down from having a spastic fit
>His whole worldview is based on this book
>He reads some stories about his favorite Jewish heroes, prays a few times and goes to sleep
>"A new Crusade is sure to come soon"-he tells himself

the big secret is no adult with an IQ over 85 actually thinks their religion is factually true (why only brain dead shitskins are actually ready to kill and die for their faith and western religious people always get metaphysical when asked if they actually believe the content of holy books) they just go along with it because they enjoy the culture and approve of the morals and want it passed on to children

Just talk to God. That's all you need to do, it's a fellowship. He wants you beside him but allows you to stray and won't make you stay. Learn to listen to your instincts, whatever your initial instinct is in a situation do that. That is the beauty of God, he will talk you you just have to have eyes to see and ears to hear.

found the rick and morty fan

>Start here
amazon.com/dp/1585090549/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I21YAHGDLOJOVH&colid=3UDY65VMUKVN6

>want to re-ignite Christian faith
>doesn't want to do what Christ commanded

Fucking atheists I swear.

take back the patriarchy, religions have to stop shame the male dominance in the family, and must shame feminism

Read the Gospel over and over and over again. There is no doubt the man Jesus existed but reading the Gospel makes it clear the wisdom contained in those texts is divine and not just the musings of one simple mortal carpenter

If Jesus did really come back from the dead, as he had told people he would do, then Christianity is true. So it's a matter of looking into whether this happened.

Im not going to explain, I feel the same way as you, but after losing my religion I found something better I think. The secret I think is start small. Simply say to yourself there is an entity up there that gives a shit but for extremely good reasons chooses not to act in any way past the point of creation. I call it the Great Mystery, I have some evidence of its existance but Im not going to tell you any of that.
Then imagine you are an agent of its intention.
For the extremly good reasons if didnt tell you previously you are all it has bring bring about its kingdom.
Next forget about heaven, or even achieving anything of peace love or success in this life, simply be. I spend a lot of time watching animals as they instinctually know all of this. Notice how animals move, they dont fidget, they have an important but not urgent taks to attend to them. When you look at an animal you are looking at an advanced spiritual entity. Choose to believe this and learn. Birbs in particular.

Simplify your contact with the world, talking is 99.5% pointless.

Look closely at other people, notice how sad everyone is, even the happy ones, notice how pointless they are. Look at the happy families the social gatherings, the pictures and objects in peoples homes. See how all material things and social relations cherished just now will ultimately end up in landfill.

Search yourself for all the sad things that happen to other people and be sad for them.
THe sadder you can feel for the sad pathetic losers first of all then move up. You now when this is working when you see a picture of Soros and want to cry for him.
Then look at yourself and find all the things to feel sad about, but for you and everyone else seperate feelings of pure sadness from anger.

Imagine the great mystery put you here as a moving camera recording everything but the images you send back are only to be transmitted when you can experience the suffering within you and around u without feeling angry.

Forget Christianity but start listening to the Skeptiko podcast. And no, it isn't what it sounds like.

You can't lose your faith, you can only place your faith in something else. A lot of people put their faith in money or fame or bodily pleasure or love. All these things are ephemeral though. Only God is eternal.

Go to church and take a good look at the people you see there.
Do you identify with them?
Do they make you feel comfortable?
Who opposes them?

how can that ever be known?

>How to gain faith in christianity again
seek knowledge. study physics and philosophy and keep them unrelated.

Checked and capped

Amen, brother. Praise the Lord!

This will help you. Start with the bottom left.

where should I start, Matthew?

Look into historical evidence from the time period. There are also many books about this from both perspectives.

www.needgod.com

Christianity a sect of Judaism. you are bending over for the kikes, reclaim Europe, be Pagan.

Hazel.

cuck

He is risen indeed

Return to your Germanic roots, Fritz. Christianity was imported from Arabia.

just watch the present and you become an instant christian

I wish I knew what this feels like. Are Christians faking it? I feel nothing about God or religion, I grew up in an atheist household, not the militant kind my parents just did not believe and I never got exposed to the church. How can you know God and have faith? What is that like? I simply have no frame of reference for this kind of thing.

Stand against the ignorance of Christians. Reclaim European values from Paganism.

I think that it is important that if that is your testimony, you are not nor have you ever been a child of God.

As you are likely the way you were born, a child of the devil, you should realize that it is unlikely that God will grant the prayers of the children of the devil.

If you want to be a child of God, and no longer be a hopeless child of the devil, you have to do what every Christian before you has done.

Romans 10
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

1. Confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud, that Jesus is Lord; and
2. Believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

You will need the assistance of the Holy Spirit to do this, so ask Him for help. He will help you.

Then why depict Him on the cross, dead?

Based bong.

I think you boys are misunderstanding OP. You want to believe, but can't seem to rid yourself of the nihilistic void inside, right? I can sympathize; through Christ I can find meaning and purpose in life, but sometimes in dark times doubt hits me like a truck. The implications are the worse; if there is no God than what is there? It's horrifying and from what you've said it seems like you've been stuck in that state for quite some time. You must have suffered quite a lot.

In times like these I try to remember what it was that made me believe in the first place - it's dumb but when things are grim it's very easy to forget the good times even if they were just a few days ago, and in your case it's been years. Like you, I've always found Christianity to make the most sense out of any major religion. The Bible itself is quite astonishing - the Old Testament is a wealth of fantastical stories and proverbs that are great for teaching children. Than you grow more mature and read the New Testament Gospel and the writings of Paul and it's wonderful because it solves the problem of sin through the death and Resurrection of Jesus and you can relate to the stories of the early Church as they take place in Roman times. And now beyond that I quite enjoyed Jordan Peterson's series on the old testament where he spends hours dissecting the Old Testament stories and you can see how much meaning there is in what you thought were almost just children's stories.

Doubt works against faith, and will kill faith.

And faith kills all doubt.

pray again daily and He will grant you the great grace of the faith. But I warn you that being a christian is the most difficult thing you will try.

Honestly, I need other sources than the Bible to convince me of this, though I have no doubts Jesus himself existed. The claim he is the son of God however, I am not so sure even if true it could be proven.

He was a real man, written of by his real followers, who performed miraculous signs and wonders, power over the universe, and power over death. He claimed to be, and is, the only begotten Son of the living God.

Faith is the human ability to believe something you have not seen. You use this ability every day.

When we say we believe Jesus rose from the dead on faith, we believe it even though we were not there to see it.

As Jesus told doubting Thomas, blessed are they who have not seen, yet believe.

You are in the early stage of depression. Get better or get medicated.

Depends. If you are a Jew and want to read the gospel written to the Jews, yes.

If you see yourself as a Roman, and want to read the gospel written to the Romans, read Mark.

If you see yourself as a Greek, a man of letters, read Luke.

If you want to see how Jesus is the Son of God, read the beloved John's gospel.

You misspelled debased.

The centurion who executed Jesus came to this conclusion by the happenings surrounding the cross.

lukewarm?

>pray the Divine Mercy chaplet

thedivinemercy.org/message/

thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/praythechaplet.php
God Loves You

Take a step in faith for His Kingdom. Do what you fear the most for Him. Do this again and again till you die naturally or otherwise. You'll def. feel Holy Spirit.

I tried to get interested in it but I got bored after a week and went back to fapping and drinking
But I was never raised religious so I have no discipline programmed in

Literally haven't showered in a week lol

lol nigger, religion is pure "opiates for the masses". This is the only thing that (((marx))) was right about.

youtube.com/watch?v=VYfF06CPHMo

I also try to remember the times that I've felt God work in my life - there are times when things work out in ways that I can't imagine having not been planned. They feel so life changing at the time but unless I'm careful they're so easy to forget that I can't help but think that it's the Devil trying to hide things from me that would strengthen my faith. Overall I can see how when I've followed scripture and been a faithful Christian that things have worked out in ways that are meaningful. Maybe not always pleasant, but meaningful.

I wish I could help you more, friend, but the best I can leave you with is this; follow the Bible as best you can, fight on no matter how hopeless you feel and your strength will catch up to you. Pray to God for guidance and for his Holy Spirit to enter your heart. Know that your sins are forgiven and that your guilt is stripped away and that you have a new calling in the highest of all causes. God has a plan for you, you may not be the only one who can do it, but you are the one who said, "here I am Lord, send me" and it is you who will go. I will be praying for you, user.

It's good to keep a journal on those times, as we tend to forget them (with assistance, of course).

I understand what faith is, my issue is that I don't have it. If I try to tell myself I believe I know in my heart that I do not and no amount of reading and meditation has changed this. It really is something I stress about sometimes. Sometimes I wish I was part of a church community I have friends who are Christian and hey have invited me to church and I have gone with them but I only felt awkward and embarrassed for them. I think it was my projecting how I think and feel about faith on them, because I cannot believe I keep thinking they do not either and they are lying to each other about their faith. I know it is me projecting my lack of faith, but I wish I knew that feel they get at church there is something very special there that I cannot tap into. I only see that I can't and never will.

Did the centurion write his own account of the incident apart from the Bible?

>gaining faith, to have faith in a faith

You do have it.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

So if you believe your measure of faith is so small that you cannot detect it, pray for more faith.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Listen to the bible on CDs. Listen, and hear it. Faith comes by hearing.

Faith comes by hearing.

Would it matter if he did? Why would you believe his account over Luke's? Luke was a Greek historian and doctor, not one of the apostles.

Give everything you have to the poor except your AKJV, a prayer book if you have one and your crucifix.

Listen to christ-inspired music, on the radio, and on youtube

Joseph Campbell
Alan Watts
Jordan Petersen
Bill Donahue
et al

Learn to Mystic bro.
Learn the Metaphorical (and therefor real) christ.

If doubles Christ is the real Messiah

well, there is your answer.