Where does Sup Forums stand on SSRIs, and mental health in general?

Where does Sup Forums stand on SSRIs, and mental health in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071023/
raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-disease-aging-inflammation.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just pour all of my retarded spergy autism onto this site so I can act normal IRL

>SSRIs
stay away

I took SSRIs and basically what happens is it makes you more sensitive to dopamine.

If you're on them and don't change anything you'll turn into a zombie

i take lexapro for anxiety and it helps. best thing about it is i have zero social anxiety. worst thing is that its harder to get a boner

First of all I'm a real pimp, OK? I mean pimp as in I collect the money from prostitutes and arrange work for them. And one thing I can tell you is that I make sure all of my girls are on antidepressants. It keeps them working and away from mental breakdowns and also to keep them docile and predictable, as well as utterly loyal. Some girls come on antidepressants already and those are the easiest to work with. So far I have 11 girls working, at my peak I had 17.

Make what you will of that.

SSRIs are a boomer housewife drug.

SSRI's are redpilled

>fixes issues with you getting pussy
>ruins it when you finally get pussy

no wonder people go on rampages on the shit

They're useless, there's nothing a good clout around the head can't cure.

Read Industrial Society And Its Future. A lot of redpills on why mental illness is as rampant as it is.

I stopped taking them recently. I don't feel any different. I also didn't feel any different when I started taking them. I feel like my problems are metaphysical, not biological.

A lot of guys are like that, believe it or not. Some will hire my girls just to shoot the shit and drink with them for a night.

SSRIs are jewish poison meant to rob whites of their ability to use reason and logic so as to make influencing them easier

dingdingding.

Currently taking a hiatus from work to detox from this shit. Started making me go full lunacy. It destroys your ability for logical thought, foresight and robs you of your emotional depth. I burnt all of my friendships to the ground and curbed my GF like she was a useless piece of shit...she was, but I still could have been nicer about it.

Perhaps I'm soulless. I was referred to as robot voice in school. My dad said I have no innate goodness. None of this really affected me.

People should find an atmosphere where they can breathe. These snorkels just allow further complications.

A lot of school shooters used SSRIs.

Autism?

Antidepressants don't help those with bipolar disorder. Maybe that's what you have, who knows.

What really is autism though?

You won't detox. I don't know what SSRIs do exactly, but all people get this glassy doll's soulless eyes after they get off them. If you learn to spot it, you can literally tell who took antidepressants just by looking at their picture.

I've been told I don't have a soul myself.

Ignore it.

I'm extremely well versed in SSRI's, MAOI's, SNRI's, nootropics, SARM's, Benzos, all kinds of research chemicals and analogs, anabolics, etc.
At this point, knowing what I know, people should not be held responsible for what they do while under the influence of an SSRI. Their doctors and the pharmaceutical companies should be.
Literally impossible to prevent serotonin syndrome or recognize it unless a family member sees it. You yourself have ZERO control.
>t. Fluoxitine Damaged

Things Autists say for $500, Alex

never touch that shit.

Zoloft helped me tremendously. Don't believe Sup Forums, chemicals aren't jews.

Lack of cognitive empathy? Among other things.

There's a word for that.

It's nigpathy.

We had a good bread on this the other day. It allegedly rewires your brain in much wierder and permanent ways than advertised. Messes with gene expression even, it was claimed.

I´d treat depression much more like a chronic inflammation, a low key degenerative disease caused by toxic enviroments, lifestyle, food and habits. Treating it holistically by changing the entire pattern of actions of the relevant human.
Problem is this is extremely hard for the depressed individual (brain). Exercize, fresh foods < processed, balanced circadian rhythm, positive and stimulating socializing, meditation (or prayer or focus, not talking about religious stuff per say) and so on helps TREMENDOUSLY. But even non-depressed individuals fail on all these counts on the daily.
Oh and magical thinking / finding a Myth helps shit-tons. Humans have not evolved to live without a Myth of some sort.
t. Carl Gustav Jung reborn.

I've been down the road of mental illness and all that, and I'm still stuck in it. Have taken every type of medication, prescription or not, to help "fix" myself. I've felt awful and not alive or real and susceptible to panic attacks for 8 years.

And I think mental illness is a meme. I think it's wrong to get people thinking there is something wrong with them because this causes major psych issues down the road which is very hard to undo, I've noticed. My mother has fallen for the depression meme for so long that she hasn't been herself for a long time, and she was convinced that I was suffering from depression and had me medicated and therapized hard before I was out of elementary school, and I think that it fucked me up and kind of made me mentally ill.

I think people just need to feel like they belong, and tooling with your state of mind while assuming something is fundamentally wrong with you is the opposite of that path. I've been practicing meditation for several months to try and undo my psychological and subconscious beliefs that something is wrong with me. I used to be functional but I'm, at this point, one of the most fucked people I know and I've done terrible things because I fell for the meme.

chemicals most definitely are Jews

You're thinking affective empathy, which would be the kind sociopaths lack. Or am I getting the wrong way around? Not sure.

I developed chronic hives after coming off of Effexor. Been like it ever since, year #3

Then I am autistic. But what is autism? On a spiritual level, I mean.

take fucking MDMA if you wan't to end your mental health problems. Don't take more than 200 mg and space your doses for at least a month but preferably 3 month.

IM MADE OF SSRI M9 IF I DON'T TAKE THEM I GO INTO AN HELLISH WITHDRAW, ILL LITERALLY BE IN MY OWN PERSONAL HELL IF I STOP, SO I DON'T WANT TO UP THE DOSAGE LIKE MY (((PDOC))) SAYS SO IM STUCK ON LOW DOSE OF EFFEOXOR , HELL I WAS ON ZOLOFT FOR 5 YEARS, MY BRAIN IS ALREADY MUSH, IM DONE, MY LIFE IS OVER I KNOW THIS. I REALLY CAN'T COMPLETE MY UNIVERISTY BECAUSE I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ANYMORE,

NOW IM JUST DRINKING AND MIXING BENZOS, BECAUSE I TOOK RITALIN TODAY AND IT MADE ME FEEL SO HORRIBLE.

MY LIFE IS OVER, I ALRREADY KNOW THIS.

I FUCKED UP, NOW ITS ETIERNAL NEET UNTIL I DIE BECAUSE I'LL BECOME MORE AND MORE UNHINGED AND UNLIKEABLE AS THE YEARS PASS.

WHEN WILL THEY LEGALIZE KETAMINE INJECTIONS FOR SUCIDIAL THOUGHTS? THAT'S MY ONLY HOPE IN THE FUTURE CUZ I KNOW THIS LIFESTYLE LEADS TO SUICIDE OR SOME OTHER DEGENERATE MADNEESS.

I sympathize with people who are schizo, have ocd and shit like that. I used to know a girl who was so ocd about washing her hands she would wash them so any times a day they would become raw and bleed/crack. I feel bad for people like that.

What I can't stand are the anxiety disorders and other bullshit. Anxiety is just a normal emotion and people are being enabled to not have to worry about their problems, they let someone else or some drug take care of it. The worst part is the drugs they give people for anxiety. K-pins,Xanax and the such are just mind erasers. It gets rid of a persons anxiety, along with every other emotion. They should really outlaw those drugs.

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER take this shit.

You will turn into a brainless zombie and lose good sexual function.

Worst mistake of my life, honestly user youre better off smoking pot, slitting your wrists or becoming an alcoholic.

I wouldn't know, I can't think of anything similar referenced in any religious work.

Autism is autism. There's only one level of it.

Congrats on being mentally defective

A lot of school shooters had mental illnesses that were being "treated" by SSRIs. Most likely a coincidence

Am I a philosophical zombie?

I feel superior to normal people.

I know that feel.

How about nearly every damn "Mass shooter" for the last 20 years was on some sort of these? Yeah, no thanks.

dont use them
by the time i quit them they already did permanent damage
i still have issues i never had before. the best thing i ever did for my mental health was exercise. eating healthier and having a good exercise regiment with some self reflection time alone was all i needed
SSRIs will fuck you up

Isn't lack of affective empathy a good thing?

Oh no doubt, but what you feel and how you perceive is exactly why you're defective.

MDMA is how you become a perma zombie

Pretty cool, no?

I decided to say fuck doctors and I just ride out my mental illness on no medication because I didn't want to start
So i just cycle between ok and batshit crazy

Vitamin d supplements seem to have shielded me from my winter depression tho

Yeah, really. Just fucking fry your dopamine receptors. Why not just suggest people to smoke crack, that endorphin rush tho!

Obviously not, I mean, you ask philosophical questions out curiosity. A philosophical zombie wouldn't.

in 2007 my son died during child birth. I become a lazy fat fuck, fiance left me. In 2011 I was diagnosed with bipolar and personality disorder. I was given depakote, seroquel, lithium. You name it I tried it. I ballooned to over 250 lbs. I lost my job. I then started MMA training and boxing too. Dropped down to 200. I stopped taking all my meds besides the occasional asprin.

I changed political views around 2014. Now working my way up the local NC MMA scene.

Mental Health is a meme. It can be cured. Everyone is different. People need to get back to their roots. Remove outside sources from programming. Clear your mind, and remove shit that poisons the body.

I believe the whole mental health shit comes from life experiences and influences.

It's certainly good for those who manipulate ours through the lack of theirs.

Not really, no. You just 'feel' superior but to everyone around you, you're a blathering moron.

You can feel superior when you contribute something. Until then, go watch the good doctor.

What if I'm the only person who isn't a philosophical zombie?

I've contributed cum into your mother's womb, you leaf tard boy.

It also can eliminate scope insensitivity and other cognitive biases caused by affective empathy, which can lead to taking actions that are more calculated and lead to higher expected utility.

I suppose, in that case, existence would be very bleak.

Don't these fry the receptors on your neurons?

SSRIs are fucking awful. Was prescribed prozac and lexapro by a retard doc-in-a-box when I was 18. I was clean as a whistle beforehand but after the SSRIs it all lead to many self-destructive behaviors and overall turned me into a more depressed person and ended up in jail.

The true "anti-depressant" (for me at least) was exercise and working. Everyones different but 90% of the time SSRIs and anti anxiety meds are not the answer for your perceived depression.

Not exactly. A person without affective empathy isn't a cold, calculated automatron, that's a movie trope. He would be just as passionate and irrational as the rest of us, just in all the wrong ways.

>reply is a literal onomatopoeia of angry autistic screeching

>leaf is a massive pseud faggot who thinks his autistic attention to grammar makes him smarter than everyone and will probably accuse me of projecting cause he's that much of a bitch

Holy shit
Never take to many
I was trying to get some Valium out of my doctor, years ago when I was very young and evidently very dumb
He gave me anti depressants and must have realised that I was drug seeking because his last words were 'whatever you do don't take more than the prescribed dose'
God knows why but I ate five
I shat like Steptoe's horse
Turned myself inside out almost
Full force spray, like a fire hose
Never took another
Even the dumb can learn

Actual MD here. SSRIs are a good medical treatment for many cases. Mental health is a serious issue, and unfortunately it's a new field in terms of research and treatment. Retards will conflate this issue of a new field with some bs conspiracy and make my job harder.

>This autistic rage
>i lack empathy guys isn't that so badass? I'm like the next patrick bateman xDDD

Don't tell people about yourself if you're so sensitive sweetie. Faggot.

The worst thing about SSRIs for me was that it really shut off all my anxieties which isn't good. I wouldnt even drink before SSRIs but while on them i didnt give a shit if i was taking bath salts cause the other drugs shut off the good anxiety you have telling you "dont snort bath salts you fucking retard"

is that unabomber or something else?

>being this desperate to look cool online
>still XDDDing ironically unironically
YOU. ARE. A. TARD. BOY.

For what it's worth I was offered ketamine injections for suicidal depression. I said yes but this Muslim cockblocked me and wouldn't approve a referral. I doubt it would have actually helped me but I would have liked the novelty of legal K. Mental health is meme "science" and the trash they push on the unsuspecting populace is the reason why so many people are unhinged. It's extremely unethical to say the least. Our society would be much better off if we stopped allowing this poison to flow through the blood of our children. There should be better laws to protect people from the mental health industry, especially minors.

That means your dosage, drug class of choice, or SSRI of choice was poor and you should've gone back for adjustments. Not that SSRIs don't work. Exactly what I'm talking about.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071023/
it affects serotonin. gives you permanent depression basically.

What happens when you've tried literally everything for several years but things are progressively getting worse? Memory loss, random episodes of manic crying then laughing hysterically, impulsive behaviour, etc.

I'm stuck in a job I hate paying for rent in a place I don't want to live surrounded by people who I have nothing on common with who dislike me because of who I am

On 50mg Sertraline and honestly the only thing that has stopped is the random crying/laughing/feelings of euphoria

I literally feel as if I am in hell and everyone around me is just laughing, like they have some weird, sick adjustment to how everything is

"Sure, the economy is worse, and yes demographics are changing, and lol yeah people in their 30s are now flatting together to live in cities where all the shitty jobs are located, yes this will be your life until death, but hey it's not that bad, don't be so negative"

What is the point? Literally what is the point. It's actually maddening how I cannot describe what I feel. The doctor made me fill out a check sheet and then said "hmm yeah take these for 6 months and come back, we'll re-evaluate"

My employer doesn't give a shit
My parents are say nice platitudes, it will get better etc.
My friends avoid speaking to me about it, even though they know something is up

No one gives a shit, they reduce everything to a utility, to a service. "Oh you're feeling the toxic hellscape surrounding you? Yeah dude we have an app for that now"

patrick bateman may lack empathy but he's a bitch boy who's want to fit in drives him

that's some basic bitch shit

the true patrician lacks empathy and disregards anything that isn't genuine

Nah thats bullshit. Those are the people that just cycle around from pill to pill but never truly quit. Most pêople are cowards and wont go off completely. So isntead they just swap pill for pill and think thats going to make a difference. They do permanently dumb you down though.

I take venlafaxine and mirtazapine

it works for me, but ive tried other cobo's that dont work

If you really don't have any problems lifewise and your mental health still is shit you might wanna check your gut.

Take daily probiotics with a high variety of bacteria, take vitamin D and exercise the shit outta your body.
Or look into fecal transplants, but DO NOT TAKE SSRIs.

You've got a soul, boy.
Figurative speech aside you have that shit to take care of. Remember that.

Not permanently. Long term, yes. It's a process called receptor up/down regulation. The body sees that it's getting too little serotonin receptor activation following the loss of the re-uptake inhibitor, and so you feel shitty for a while while the body reproduces the receptors. It takes several weeks to months.

Prob with venlafaxine and others will back me up, is if you run out and have to go a day or two with them, cant describe the horrible feeling, the brain zaps that feels like your brains is being fried and you have that stomach churning feeling of dread.

Both of you should be prescribed Zyklon.

Are you being serious?

Big pharma snake oil. Doctors prescribing this shit should be put in prison. It's expensive atheism made legitimate only because the AMA is completely corrupt and arrogant.

I feel like you as well. I plan to leave the urban sprawl for a more simple existence in a smaller town, it will be some decades before the hellscape grows to encompass that as well, I hope.

>SSRIs
Take them they are good

garbage

psychiatry/psychology are mostly a load of shit

they literally throw shit at a wall, something sticks every couple of years, but it doesn't really stick it slides down the wall

nobody really understands how neurochemistry translates to the human experience, we have hunches as to certain chemicals being associated with certain things, but anyone who claims to know how what's actually going on, or sells you a pill that will supposedly fix your depression, it won't

all it will do is dull your experience so your depression isn't as crushing

your best bet is just learning to live with it, if you can't than go ahead and kill yourself I guess, its not like your psychiatrist cares, he just wants to make shekels over prescribing zombie drugs to any mildy anxious or occasionally depressed person that walks through the door

>They do permanently dumb you down though.
lol no they dont

it wasnt any of that, my dosage was changed constantly. I was just misdiagnosed with depression by a doctor who really didnt give a shit and never realized it cause I was young.
My point is that I understand some people need it but many cases are exaggerated, especially in my case where I feel me being an angry sad teenager got misdiagnosed as depression and a panic disorder by some random indian dude who just was waiting for his lunch break

>says i'm desperate to look cool online

>potato peasant literally brags about how he has no empathy and believes he's superior to mostly everyone

>see guiz im sooo edgy

Get lost peasant

being this nieve

Serotonin and SSRI meme BTFO by my nigga Ray Peat

raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-disease-aging-inflammation.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml

How will the medical industrial complex recover? They cannot

He could be right, there's literally a tiny brain in(or part of) your gut.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis

Patrician comments

this is me

see this
it's best just get the fuck over it

>he thinks he's too smart to say nigger

Yes, why wouldn't I be?

>SNRI's

Ive recently been diagnosed with adult adhd. Starting strattera tomorrow. Didnt want to take stimulant as i have high blood pressure.