ITT: anything you would like made into an anime

ITT: anything you would like made into an anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9uZFSAD5H4
youtube.com/watch?v=UfsNfa_pMD8
archive.org/details/TheThreeFatMen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Badminton.

I'm actually pretty surprised there isn't one considering it's the most Asian sport next to Table Tennis

no joke i want a keit-ai adaptation

inb4 Ayn Rand

Anything by Haruki Murakami. I imagine the threads for his shows would be absolutely unbearably pretentious, and I want in.

>Foundation

funnily, Golden Age sci fi would do pretty great.

Or new sci fi books that read like Golden Age sci fi, like Three Body Problem etc.

Dianetics

Literally every Tom Cruise movie ever. We dont need that as anime pls.

Heroes. Narrated by Masi Oka himself and told as the overall story of the Heroesverse through Hiro Nakamura's viewpoint, featuring Petrelli with either a seiyuu or Milo himself with funny broken japanese, or normal english like Afro Samurai.

Would enjoy a Stormlight Archives anime. Wakamoto would make a great Blackthorn.

A Song of Ice and Fire

Jon Snow is a shut-in NEET suddenly whisked away to the fantasy world of Westeros

Artemis Fowl is about on par with the average ln

The Iliad would be dope, shit they could even make them all cute girls and I'd be fine with it.

Percy Jackson as a series of OVA would be pretty good.

Starship Troopers (yes, I know there was one)

Dragon Quest IV

The Incredibles

MtG like Yugimonz.

youtube.com/watch?v=d9uZFSAD5H4

The story is vague enough to extend without limits.

Riding on the sci-fi theme, I think The Ringworld series would make a much better adaptation, its not hard, hardcore sci-fi like Asimov at least

Most likely because I just finished Words of Radiance like two days ago but it'd still be fucking kickass if it was faithful.

Wheel of Time series would be a nice adaptation

True harem ending...-ish

But user, Haibane Renmei exists.

How would be "1984" if it would be made into anime?

I want a Swordcraft Story animu.

>tfw I read that shit
It was pretty much just an average ln

it even had elf lolis and shit

It would be heavily censored.

Discworld 1 and 2.

Death is best boy

Scusa Ma Ti Chiamo Amore
Alex Belli is a 37-year-old advertising executive whose fiancée Elena has just left him, and who is having difficulty at work trying to think of a good advertising campaign for a new Japanese product. Niki is a bubbly 17-year-old student.

youtube.com/watch?v=UfsNfa_pMD8

#NoPedo

cross country and track anime/manga that's slam dunk levels of great

The End of Eternity.

Mein Kampf, Spanish Civil War or Messages to Adolf adaptation

>Just picked up The Great Hunt yesterday
Eye of the World was a slow burn for me too, only sucking me in once they got to Shayul Ghul. A friend of mine is like six or seven books ahead of me though so I gotta keep at it. I feel like such a slowpoke though.

And an alternate title for Eye of the World might as well be "Matt Ruins Everything"

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Awesome books that would kick so much ass as an anime

Illiad is one of those things that just doesn't work in any form of media besides the poem though, mostly because of the language but still. It'd feel butchered otherwise, though I would like to see Achilles chasing Hector, it'd make me think of Ichi the Killer.

>Neuromamcer

It got a manga a few years ago, if that counts. Don't think anybody scanlated it though.

People are gonna shit on the Iliad and praise Odyssey instead because of all the shonen antics.

Personally, Ovid's works should get an anime adaptation. You know, omnibus format.

All my fav scifi books please
>The quantum thief
>singularity sky
>nova by delany (it's pretty much gankutsu oh already)
>snow crash
>william gibson
>bruce sterling
>charles stross
>blind sight
I can shitpost about it for hours

Which is funny, because Mat becomes best boy.

Even more shockingly, Nyneave becomes best girl.

Just remember, certain parts are slow and book 10 in particular is a slog, but its pretty great again after that.

The Discworld series would make a great anime.

I agree with your dyslexia

There's a manga version.

archive.org/details/TheThreeFatMen

This tale has clarity, style, action, and melodramatic characters that just beg to be re-imagined.

Yeah I'm really fascinated by the whole thing so I'm don't plan on stopping midway. And my friend tells me Jordan actually makes Rand, Matt, and Perrin visit ALL of the major places in the world instead of just sticking places on a map and never visiting them.

Plus, the prologue of Eye is probably the fucking best introduction to a fantasy series I've ever read
>A THOUSAND LIVES WE'VE FACED KINSLAYER, A THOUSAND TIMES A THOUSAND, AND WE WILL FACE A THOUSAND MORE UNTIL THE WHEEL BREAKS
>AND
>TIME
>DIES

Seriously. A boy with iron mechanical heart. A girl who pretends to be a doll. It has “anime” written on it.

although it's really good it might end up being some clone, they cant even adapt it to a movie for god's sake

I just can't get into Scifi for some reason. Fantasy I'm instantly drawn too but for Scifi I feel like I end up worrying too much about what gizmo does what and why. I couldn't even get into Dune until it turned into low tech guerrilla worm warfare.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this. Ring world is pretty much an alien fantasy world, with grand scifi and post apocalypse tones. Just make the aliens cute anime girls, and you got an anime.

Also, pic related.
>tfw cute loli punk YT

>foundation

Could you have picked a worse thing to adapt from Asimov? Seriously it would be a terrible fit for the medium.

Something focused on one character, like the end of eternity, would be a better fit.

4 cour adaptation of Umineko.

Only for the metal album bits like where Ahab makes a spear from all the metal in his life, and douses it in pagan blood, or how they viciously murder all those whales all the time.

And the Ishmael x Queequeg homolust. Can't forget the homolust.

Adaptation of Caesar's life and death.

Some books from the Culture series would work great in a visual medium, like Remember Phobes or Use of Weapons. Most of the books not being direct sequels but instead just in the same universe would make it easy to skip certain books.
God I would love to see this board react to the end of Use of Weapons.

As a heads up Jordan died before finishing the series and the last three books are written by a different author. He doesn't hijack the the story or anything, but the wonderfully slow pace of Jordan's writing is lost. I'd advise you to really take your time with the series and get lost in the world. Such a shame that Jordan died and we won't get to see any more world building from him.

I would love this.

Yeah I'm aware of Sanderson's involvement, I just finished SA actually since I'm this guy. I heard that its actually one of the best conclusions to a story written by a different author, but that could be a biased statement.

I would be interested in seeing an adaptation of The Elric Saga. Elric himself Is maximum GAR and maximum Bishie at the same time so it would probably attract sales and also its genuinely a decent story with a likeable main character.

How is Malazan anyway? Nobody I know has read it, but I know its often praised.. Care to give me a rundown?

I enjoyed the Stormlight books but didn't really like how he wrote once he took over for Jordan. I think Sanderson's writing style is actually closer to Jordan's in Stormlight then the three WoT books he wrote. Part of that might just be how much he had to wrap up. If Jordan had still been alive those 3 books easily could have been 5. The last book especially is super dense and fast paced compared to the rest of the series.

Anime in prose

I am kinda bummed out that Jordan was apparently very very adamant that Memory of Light was supposed to be a single book, even if he had to fight the publisher tooth and nail to release a 3000 pages door stopper, and it still had to be split up in the end.

Candide

Malazan is not told in chronological order and each book tells separate stories going on in the world. However there are references to past and future events that really immerse you into the world as well as a few over arching stories that extend from a single individual book in the series (mostly having to do with the crippled god which is an entity that poses a great danger). The magic in the series has to do with warrens, but that in itself is rather mysterious in nature. It's a rather peculiar narrative, less focused on a main villain and more so on the simultaneous events occurring that impact each other (whether it be the bridgeburners or the crimson guard and the respective conflicts with the Malazan empire). The crippled god threat is looming but is never really made the center of attention.

Jamesu Bondu

Suikoden. Redo Suikoden I-III into three seperate seasons of anime. Then have a fourth season with an original story focused on the Harmonia Empire. Wrapping up all the loose ends.