So i watched American History X for the second time in a while and i was surprised how my notion of the movie has...

So i watched American History X for the second time in a while and i was surprised how my notion of the movie has changed. What are your thoughts about it? Is hate really going to consume me and the ones i care about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQ1GlTPvtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the end, he gets proven right by having is brother killed

Todavia no te pasa? Aqui arriba no nos consideran blancos a los españoles

Nice slide thread OP

WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A SLIDE FLOOD

We hate, but we couch it with levity and patience. We don't chimp out as a result of it. The time is not right. So we nurture and refine our hate. Which will render it all the more potent when and if the day comes. And if it never come for us, we can rest easy knowing the righteousness of our hate will allow it to live on in our wake.

Hate will well up inside of you and swallow you as long as you go on Sup Forums. Go on Sup Forums instead, it’ll take a while before you can handle the banter without being triggered though.

>he isn't addicted to the hate
Step it up pal.

Black people are bad
Black people are good
Just kidding, your brothers dead!
Black people are bad

Confusing message.

best part
How much do you want to bet this is happening to Chris Cantwood right now

How many Actresses do you think Ed Norton molested?

best part
How much do you want to bet this is happening to Chris Cantwood right now
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQ1GlTPvtg

Yeah. I get the feeling the director didn't intend for the message to be what it was, but if you think about it he was absolutely right to be racist and feel the way he does. By leaving that life behind he also lost the protection of the neo Nazi gang for him and his brother which meant it was open season on them. Being racist kept his family safe and provided security for him and his family. The lesson is dont drop your guard in regards to what you know is the overall tendency of a group of people just because one individual is friendly. Oh a funny nig tells jokes in prison, guess all blacks are A-ok then. He learned the hard way what happens when you try to come to them as humans.

lol Elliott Gould changed his name look up what it was before and look up the directors picture :)

Agree totally. Maybe it was meant that way? Either way I feel like I'm becoming his father, the firefighter, every day.

After rewatching I found that I thought that he should have gone back to being racist and less of a pussy since his bro was senselessly murdered by nignogs, thus justifying his race realism at the outset.

As is the way of the Saxon

the movie unironically supports Norton. nigs kill his brother

How is it confusing. The message is that even after the white man renounces hate the nigger still acts like a savage

I think there was a cut ending where it showed him shaving his head.

You can't love something without hating that which threatens it.

That's the ending the director originally wanted, but Ed Norton wanted the ending we got.

The way I read the ending was hate breeds hate.
But then again all his brother did was stand up to cowardly niggers and was killed for it soooo.

the end was like,

"no actually the moral is 'niggers ruin everything' "

youre supposed to watch it in reverse user

Till every count is proved. A lot of counts proved in recent days. Beware the quiet man. For his eyes are level and straight.

No. The ultimate truth is, if there weren't any negroes around, none of this would've happened and they'd probably lived a comfy, respectable life.

Yes. You need to go to prison and start sucking nigger dick like all good Nazis.

The huff...

>Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'
Did you even watch to the end of the movie? . The message is that hate begets more hate, not a vindication of Derek's Nazi ideals.

Sup Forums can't into film analysis lol

watch the deleted ending

step back and look at it. they trashed his neighborhood, attempted to rob him (directly resulting in his several-year-long incarceration when he defended himself and his property) and eventually murdered his brother (for no apparent reason other than his brother standing up to their harassment on his friends behalf)

who are we supposed to sympathize with again?

really, if this is what you took away from it, then you are a cuck, good sir.

Execution of a disarmed man isn't defense, user.

The vast majority of film and literary analysis are absolute fucking bullshit. I've always felt that the vast majority of writers are telling a story to put food on the table or to entertain, and then a bunch of "intellectuals" inject unintended meaning into it. Unless the writer comes out and says it was his intention to hammer home some bullshit moral, I think that it's all a stupid waste of time.

>(for no apparent reason other than his brother standing up to their harassment on his friends behalf)
No, Henry kills Danny because Derek curbstomped Henry's older brother

the message is clearly that hate causes escalations in violence that carry across generations

that man knew him from basketball. you don't think they would returned, and in greater numbers?

Execution of a man who attempted to violate your rights is entirely justified.

in all cases derek and his family were not the aggressors. how do you not see this?

curbstomping someone isn't self defense, you're retarded lmao

you are the reason why leafs can never have their opinion taken seriously

I'm not even left-wing but there's not really any interpretation of the ending that's charitable to Nazism.

this movie is about a man who caves in and get reminded that he should have never stopped fighting. he's a soldier. soldiers sacrifice themselves for a greater good.

derek got the upper hand and acted on impulse, but they started it.

Sup Forums is so fucking diluted it thinks this movie is pro nazi.

Are you a fucking retard? No seriously you shit eating leaf.

If he didn't stomp the dude, his kill on the other guy probably would've been justifiable homicide even in commiefornia.

regardless, i find it far easier to sympathize with derek than the horde of gibsmedat-motivated invaders he was dealing with.

Kill niggers.
White power.
That's the moral.
COMPED

This is the true theme. Reverse sixth sense ending, he was right all along

>film analysis
>unironically believes what he's told at the end of the movie

Ethnic nationalism is about loving your own, not hate others.

The moral of the story is facts don't care about feelings, and niggers gonna nig.

The funny nigger was an outlier. Never base policy on outliers.

Bad things happen to bad people. He put himself in that situation.

The interesting thing is that liberals always use conjecture and individual stories to drive policy. I think the producers of that movie were probably liberal as fuck and unironically thought the audience would be compelled by that single outlier story.

lol

>chris cantwood
>chris cantwood
ya blew it user
twice

>The vast majority of film and literary analysis are absolute fucking bullshit. I've always felt that the vast majority of writers are telling a story to put food on the table or to entertain, and then a bunch of "intellectuals" inject unintended meaning into it. Unless the writer comes out and says it was his intention to hammer home some bullshit moral, I think that it's all a stupid waste of time.

Thank you senpai, that is why movies are so shit now, they cant write a story

>deluded
Hit me right in the autism. Carry on, leaf friend.

The point of the movie was to show us that ethno-nationalism seems good in theory but it has it's own flaws. The largest is that ethno-nationalism attracts the worst of each race eg white scum who's only achievement is being born white. They like ethno-nationalism because it makes them feel special but they are still degenerates that are willing to take part in the same nigger like behaviour of other races.
The alternate ending where we see Ed Norton shaving his head again seems better but would he really become a skinhead again after he lost all faith in what they are and what they stand for?

>niggers nigging
>curbs stomps
>learns how violent and horrible niggers are in captivity
>little brother is killed by nigger violence

Yes it truly taught me how to be open and accepting of black culture.

Was GLR the most based man who ever lived?

Dude was a legit visionary.

A life of racism is a life wasted. You could be doing something so much more interesting.