Everyone speaks japanese in the fantasy world

>everyone speaks japanese in the fantasy world
>has to learn how to read and write

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_convention
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>nobody speaks Japanese in the fantasy world
>has to learn how to speak
>vocals start with fantasy language, then become Japanese later on to show that the main character can communicate

>no one speaks Japanese in the fantasy world
>conveniently there is a magic translation ring

>just turn off your brain bro

Retard

Why does Volkswagen have such a retarded face? Compare him to Julius.

Am I supposed to believe Emilia would choose a creepy stalker who works as a servant over a royal knight?

>fantasy world in a fantasy anime actually exists
WOOWWWW WHY IS THIS ALLOWED, BRO? EVERYONE KNOWS MAGIC ISN'T REAL WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO

Death to those who insult Toyota

It's wish fulfillment. Only the pathetic NEET has the opportunity to get the beautiful half-elf because everyone else hates, fears, or keeps their distance from her.

Are you retarded?

No. I'm certain you are though.

Good way to show that you're speaking without having watched the actual thing. But hey, it's the norm on Sup Forums, I've heard.

>Everyone speaks English here
>has to learn how to read and write

Have watched it, it's obvious. Sorry you're stupid but that's your problem.
>But hey, it's the norm on Sup Forums, I've heard.
If you can't stand not being jerked off, feel free to go back where you came from. Everyone wins.

I thought the same thing. What a retarded show.

At least they make the NEET face realistic

And that's just his dead eyes

>Have watched it, it's obvious.
Kek. You actually said it was "wish-fulfillment" because you took 's statement
>Am I supposed to believe Emilia would choose a creepy stalker who works as a servant over a royal knight?
in the sense that Subaru ACTUALLY becomes Emilia's knight whereas Emilia has completely REJECTED him and he's only her knight in his own fucked up brain as he keeps timelooping. But hey, you're the retarded one here for speaking without knowing shit.
>inb4 "huurrr I was just pretending"
You're just the perfect example of Re:Zero haters: you judge without having actually watched the thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_convention

Ginko is so cute.

>fantasy world
>architecture resembles examples from past earth cultures

What kind of bullshit is this?

The question is why are Rem and Ram from a japanese settling when no one has pointed they being be asian like Subaru.

What if _we_ are the ones who live in a fantasy world, user?

You can say that but it doesn't make it true.

Don't forget
>everyone speaks your native language
>except the fruits and vegetables go by different names, e.g. apple = appa

Why don't they call a sword as sward? Or a table as taalb? Why do only the fruits and vegetables go by fantasy names? Why do the fantasy characters all have Western European names?

>transported to different world
>no one speaks my language
>unable to communicate
>can't find work
>can't make friends
>starve and die in a gutter

Sounds like a great story, OP

>not try to learn the language
That MC deserve to die then

>cross border
>no one speaks my language
>unable to communicate
>find work in landscaping
>receive welfare checks
>eventually outbreed native population

>Everyone speaks English here
>nobody knows how to read and write

Even if he did, it would take weeks or months to be able to communicate at a basic level. That's a slow as fuck start to any story.

Didn't something similar to this happen in 12 Kingdoms?

I believe so. The MC had a protector, but the other people who got sucked in to the alternate world ended up dying horribly.

>eventually outbreed native population
>native population
>native

this is where proper pacing and directing came into play.

Unless being unable to speak the native language correctly is critical to the story, following the tales of a man as he struggles to learn the language is just bad, unnecessary storytelling.

Do you honestly think Re Zero, for example, would have benefited from it?

did it benefit from him needing to learn how to read

If that means the MC could learn the world and figure it out on his own by just watching, it would give the impression that the MC is smart enough or at least patience enough to make decision calmly and not to trust everyone that he met on the first time.

The MC will be more passive, and not just acting on his own because he can't understand anything and if he was written as a smart character, wished to learn the world first before doing anything potentially stupid.

To put the context in Re:Zero, Subaru would be alone at least for sometime before he eventually becomes affiliated with someone, which is the start to all of his mess.

Well, technically that would happen in the process as well. Not in the way he meant though.

Well, to be fair, they never even pretended Subaru was any smart at all.

I understand perfectly how it could work, I am asking if you think it would be an improvement. Personally, I am of the opinion that it is important to grab the viewer's attention in the first episode, and watching a man struggle to learn a language in an alternate world sounds like a piss poor introduction to any series.

Yea, if he can't speak to anyone because of language barrier. His action would've been more passive at the very least, preventing his stupidity to be shown in full force.

would be a good idea if the first episode is to learn the world through the MC's eye, not just have everything explained to us through exposition. It doesn't have to be about the MC learning the language. Then you could just have a time skip of a few day or something for the next episode.

Just like everyone is apparently speaking Russian in MGS 3.

but every character in MGS 3 is either Russian or an international spy that most likely speaks Russian.

I know, but it was weird when you could hear them speaking English while actually speaking in Russian.

KUWABARA KUWABARA

They just don't want to bother hiring russian speaking VA or translating the whole dialogue into Russian, not a big deal. GATE also does the same thing, skipping the translator giving translation back and forth and just show both character speaking Japanese.

In the case of Re: Zero it's weird, unless the local language is Japanese or MC has some bullshit spell that translates everything, Subaru shouldn't be able to speak to anyone.

The more observant of people would see this as a plothole.

Even ZnT explained their reason why the MC can speak their language, even if it is through some bullshit spell

S A T E L L A
A
T
E
L
L
A

Why would anyone want to be transported to a fantasy world with magic n' shit.

That would be a fucking nightmare unless you know how to make some modern equipment like a light bulb, potato battery, a plane, and etc. Or you got some educational training to improve x sector of society.

It doesn't bother me until they start using honorifics.It feels very out of place in this setting.

I have this same problem when alien characters in Star Trek use phrases that aren't native to their culture.