Is Materialism the root of all Evil?

Sup Forums, How do i reject materialism, and enter a higher meaning of life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKOYoYy4vBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

learn to make shit materialistic faggots want and get rich off them

if you have to ask the question you are not ready. come back when you have seen your inner eye

Self importance is the root of all evil.
Materialism is but an expression of self importance.

Witnessed!!
>learn to make shit materialistic faggots want and get rich off them
I'm a contractor. Rich people love my craft, and pay top dollar.

Explain please.

God himself said that money is the root of all evil so probably. Regardless of your stance on the bible, there's no denying it's full of well tested wisdom

No Jewry is

by killing yourself faggot

Read The Divine Comedy / Dante's Inferno.

2nd circle of Hell : Lust

The damned are constantly being knocked over and thrown by strong gusts of wind coming at every direction. When you get stuck in a materialistic/hook up mindset that is exactly how it feels.

You'll be experiencing this often:

>Go hook up with girl you've never met before
>Have mediocre sex
>Drive a long distance home feeling like you just wasted your whole night
>Tell yourself "I'm over this, I gotta focus on earning money and stop fucking randos. I'm (your age) and I still haven't even started (that thing you've been wanting to do.)
>Two days go by
>feeling productive and positive. Started working on your goals again, made lots of progress.
>"Oh man I'm glad I'm finally focusing on myself again."
>*You got a new match*
>"Oh shit she's hot."
>repeat process
>Late to work the next day
>Tired as fuck
>Recover for two days and catch up on sleep
>Repeat process for months or years.

Trust me anons. Let life happen organically. Sure if you're under a long dry spell go for the tinder hookup, but BE SAFE. Pregnancy and STD anxiety is minimal at first but stacks up quickly over time.

You'll meet the perfect girl when you least expect it. FOCUS ON SELF IMPROVEMENT.

"as the lovers drifted into self-indulgence and were carried sway by their passions, so now they drift for ever. The bright, voluptuous sin is now seen as it is – a howling darkness of helpless discomfort."

I wonder what my dick in her butthole feels like

Start by not posting these shitty slide threads

Nice post user. You sound like me . Ive recently gotten into the teachings of Evola and i hear Dante Alighieri inspired him. will add these to my reading list

All the real slide threads currently on pol and you label mine one? fuck off dude.

Look into other philosophers and esotericists that sought a path away from materialism. Bacon, Boethius, Jung, Plato, come to mind. If you are new to this, then the vast array of symbolism (and its usage to describe principles manifest in many layers of life) can be quite daunting, for this I highly recommend the works of Manly P Hall, as well as to understand what exactly pursuing the so-called spiritual path really is, or at least as best as we can ascertain the ancient priests thought it was.

Ultimately you will have to figure it out for yourself what this all means; these men who are long dead along with myself and other anons can only light the path, you must walk it yourself. Temet Nosce, user.

materialism is the root of all evil and materialism is the religion of the Jew

ego death (what aspect of yourself do you think causes desire for stuffs?)

BBBRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP

Thanks user

How can you do this without high doses of psychedelics?. Not giving a fuck is extremely hard for me.

Materialism literally only exists for men to attract women. So, following that logic, women are the root of all evil.

>disobedience is the root of all evil

If you have any questions, ask and I will do my best to answer. I have been on this path for 3 years now, and things are continuously becoming clearer.

By practicing esoteric religious traditions.

It's not going to be easy for me.. I like nice things not going to lie. but rejecting those "nice things" is something i have to do. I think my depression comes from my contestant pursuit of the next material item, that in the end brings me no happiness, just leads me to the next item. I'm still going to work my ass off for money, but I'm just going to try and live a simpler life, free from chasing material items

Shitload of digits in this thread.

The rejection of the material becomes easier and easier the more you wallow in it. Chaining yourself only to the pursuit of nothing beyond your hedonistic vices causes every passing day to become less and less satisfying. Because you know, both in your subconscious and even your conscious that you're not going anywhere. You're not becoming the great man you've always envisioned yourself as, that you've always wanted to be. You're just delaying the start of your quest to that point until after it may already be too late.

However, in contrast to one of your points, the ultimate satisfaction and contentment that we as humans can find is in conflict and toil. After we achieve something, we find ourselves ecstatic, only to be at a baseline level of happiness mere hours later. We only truly feel alive doing anything when we're making progress towards a goal, but we aren't quite there yet. And that's why the best and most meaningful goals that most humans gravitate towards are those goals that can't actually be achieved with any sense of finality.

The two big ones are, of course, religion - forming a connection with God (an abstraction) and doing right in his name - and raising successful children. Both of these things will sustain you for the rest of your life because they are something that you will never stop working towards. They are a mountain with no top.

Or, to put it another way, you exist because materialism exists.

Aristotelian metaphysics

The main goal of the spiritual path is personal growth (though with a certain telos in mind). Personal growth can manifest itself in a multitude of ways within the life of an individual, from the lowest level (material gain, which is illusory) to the highest level of increased conscious awareness.

The ancients used the analogy of the 7 planets (5 with the two luminaries), which themselves are represented in Dante's Paradiso, as a means of explaining the seven-fold manifestation of consciousness in man, each having a positive and negative half.

Moon: Power of imagination, but also inconstancy, and a tendency to conflate what is real from what is imagined.

Mercury: Power of rational thought, but also extreme cynicism.

Venus: Power of emotion/love/eros, and attachment to particular things/people.

Sun: Power of vitality, but also stubborn pride

Mars: Power of courage, but also combativeness/aggression

Jupiter: Power of moral judgment, but also prejudice

Saturn: Power of wisdom & temperance, but also apprehensiveness and passivity

I gave a very crude explanation, but each in and of themselves is a Mystery that you will need to solve. "How might I be courageous and willing to do what I must without that making me overly aggressive?" Quiet internal contemplation can certainly be useful in figuring a lot of this out, but at the end of the day what matters most is the dynamic experience of you living this, and only by that will you sense yourself growing, thus becoming open to mystical experience, further accelerating your growth.

Addendum -- when I mentioned a certain telos, what I alluded to is slowly recognizing Universal Law (another way of saying this is the Will of God, or the Law of God), and then becoming an active agent of this. You may want to screencap this as it might not mean much to you now.

Get off Sup Forums

set goals that improve yourself, attain them, enjoy it, rinse and repeat.

self improvement 101

I was conceived under communism, so not true.

Thanks anons, i capped all your posts. i'm just starting my journey, but hopefully it will make me the man i want to be. anons like you keep me coming back to this place.

Try your best to follow the eightfold path:
>right view
>right resolve
>right speech
>right conduct
>right livelihood
>right effort
>right mindfulness
>right meditation

By rejecting materialism, and entering a higher meaning of life.
youtube.com/watch?v=eKOYoYy4vBE

check out alan watts