Cowboy Bebop Thread

Is there a reason there hasn't been a better anime to date?

>It's a Sup Forums invades Sup Forums episode

W-what are you talking about Sup Forumsnon? This is something I'm genuinely curious about

See

>Sup Forums liking cowboy bebop
It's too western for the weebs on this board

If americans did more adult animation something like it could be made more often.

Anime that appeal to the west are a thing of the past for some reason. Which is sad because Cowboy Bebop is good but you can tell more could've been done, like a formula yet to be perfected.

Sup Forums is superior to Sup Forums

Cowboy Bebop should've been 13 episodes long instead of 26

It was pretty good but I wouldn't call it the best.

>this is what Sup Forums ACTUALLY believes

For real, got bored halfway through and dropped at episode 23

You really couldn't watch another what, 2 or 3 episodes?

Start a thread that's just a discussion about the show.
Claiming it's the best anime ever made is just begging for shit posting.

>If americans did more adult animation something like it could be made more often.
No it couldn't. The only adult cartoons we make are warrior babes and violent superheroes. Even if someone got close it would have some hamfisted political message. Americans are incapable of making media and art that doesn't try to convey some deep political or social commentary.

The has been. Pic related

So, I know that Cowboy Bebop is a very highly regarded anime show. I've been planing on giving it a shot, but is the movie as good, or should I only watch the show?

Watch the movie, it's as good as an episode of the series. It slots in between two episodes, I forget where.

There was literally a better show the next year.

Do you need to see the movie to tie up lose ends, or could you watch the series and never assume there's more.

The latter.

The movie came out long after the series ended so it doesn't quite have the same tone. I don't think it's bad, all things considered, just that the series set the bar too high to meet.

>muh overrated beboop

Black Lagoon was far better.

That's kind of what I mean. If I really like the series, I wouldn't want to follow it up with a movie that isn't as good. Like how I still haven't seen The Godfather Part III. But if you can watch the whole show and not feel like any story's missing I'll check the show out.

You can definitely skip it without missing anything. Have fun, user!

Then go back to your board you fucking immigrant

Classics cannot be forced they just have to happen naturally.

That's a goddamn lie. You fucking liar. Take that back.

Honestly you could just watch the movie before the series

Black Lagoon tries too hard to be cool.

>Anime that appeal to the west are a thing of the past for some reason
Because the market in the west collapsed. TV is on the decline and streaming services are not as lucrative. Illegal downloading is also a big problem.

Netflix is supporting some anime and may invest in more western focused content, but that's only so long as Netflix remains super profitable. As rival streaming companies continue to carve their own space in the market they will steal some of Netflix's profits. If net neutrality ends up failing then all streaming services will be put in a choke hold and you can bet investments into new content will be dropped.

Both Sup Forums and Sup Forums have shitty taste so there's really no point arguing.

Watanabe doesn't want to direct anymore and studios don't want to spend millions and millions on a show that isn't a piece of shit moe trash for otakus.