Californians Can Now Spread HIV and Other STDs With Near Impunity

Sup Sup Forums. I don't know if you've had threads about this before, but I only just heard about it and it's very upsetting.

On October 6th, 2017, the governor of California approved Senate Bill 239 - Infectious and communicable diseases: HIV and AIDS: criminal penalties. Here's the gist of what this bill does:

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB239

>(1) Existing law makes it a felony punishable by imprisonment for 3, 5, or 8 years in the state prison to expose another person to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by engaging in unprotected sexual activity when the infected person knows at the time of the unprotected sex that he or she is infected with HIV, has not disclosed his or her HIV-positive status, and acts with the specific intent to infect the other person with HIV. Existing law makes it a felony punishable by imprisonment for 2, 4, or 6 years for any person to donate blood, tissue, or, under specified circumstances, semen or breast milk, if the person knows that he or she has acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), or that he or she has tested reactive to HIV. Existing law provides that a person who is afflicted with a contagious, infectious, or communicable disease who willfully exposes himself or herself to another person, or any person who willfully exposes another person afflicted with the disease to someone else, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Other urls found in this thread:

sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article137990898.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>This bill would repeal those provisions. The bill would instead make the intentional transmission of an infectious or communicable disease, as defined, a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than 6 months if certain circumstances apply, including that the defendant knows he or she or a 3rd party is afflicted with the disease, that the defendant acts with the specific intent to transmit or cause an afflicted 3rd party to transmit the disease to another person, that the defendant or the afflicted 3rd party engages in conduct that poses a substantial risk of transmission, as defined, that the defendant or the afflicted 3rd party transmits the disease to the other person, and if the exposure occurs through interaction with the defendant and not a 3rd party, that the person exposed to the disease during voluntary interaction with the defendant did not know that the defendant was afflicted with the disease.

So basically, under this new law people are still "required" to tell their sexual partners if they have any STDs, but only at threat of a misdemeanor offense and AT MOST 6 months in county jail, as opposed to the previous punishment of a felony offense and mandatory 3 years in state prison.

The justification for this bill is that advancements in medical technology can minimize the chances of spreading HIV and other communicable diseases in certain cases. As such, CA lawmakers believe it is unnecessary to punish those who spread their diseases with such harsh penalties.

sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article137990898.html
>When anti-retroviral therapy is successful, it all but eliminates the possibility that someone will transmit the infection, according to the Division of AIDS at the National Institutes of Health, citing a groundbreaking study whose results were announced in 2011.
>“We’re very serious about this reform, and moving away from this criminalization model around HIV and going to a more public health approach,” Wiener said. “Fundamentally, HIV is a public health problem, not a criminal justice problem, and it needs to be treated this way.” - Dem. State Senator Scott Wiener

Under previous law, the only potential for violation of liberty was that a person whose HIV was under control would still have to tell his partner that he was HIV-positive. More of an inconvenience than a real injustice, if you ask me. Under new law, the potential for violations of liberty is staggering. You can spread AIDS without telling anyone of your deadly disease and the law actually protects your disgusting behavior.

What the fuck is wrong with California? I hope your whole rotten state burns to the ground.

Kim Jong-un nukes California when

california deserves unironic nuking for this.

>California gets nuked by NK
>This gives the US an excuse to nuke NK and China will not defend them since they instigated the attack first
>International community now also against NK for causing a ruckus
>Tfw California is no longer a problem and NK is also no longer a problem

bumping with pics of random sloots since Sup Forums is moving so fast tonight

Lemme know if you have any requests (blondes, brunettes, redheads, black girls, asians, chubby chicks, etc.)

The human immunodeficiency virus is the greatest human health risk of our time, and you cunts would rather shitpost about Eminem.

Maybe I just missed the original threads.

Well I obviously can't bump my own thread anymore, so have one more pic for the road.

having read the legislation myself and more news sources than just bash-the- left-squad, I think it is indeed a health issue. Can't be arsed to wear a condom/ have your partner tested? Hmmm...

My big freakout was over the penalty being reduced for blood donations, but then again, blood is tested anyway for diseases like HIV, right?(legislation mentions HIV-possesers are to fill out a form when donating blood denoting it's use for research rather than transfusion.

On the left, T H I C C. Would totally pull an Affleck and grab it with a finger up
the crack.

Check the archive and catalog you retarded fucking newfag. Go back and kys.

Lrn2sage niggers

Have a bump op. Hope nobody here ever needs a blood transfusion

>infect others intentionally with nigger AIDS
>"oh you meanie" sentence
>all pushed by a sleazy gay kike named Wiener
>pic related
GOOD JOB CALIFORNIA

Ironically, a similar concept for legislation that I would support is destigmatizing confession to pedophilia(NOT MOLESTATION) so that they can seek/get treatment/volunteer for research to treat/cure their condition rather than drive them into the woodwork and kill them if they snap without learning anything.

T H E BLOOD I S T O B E T E S T E D WHEN DONATED. Jeez. Read the legislation yourself instead of acting like past me "wtf is with donating HIV blood"

I suppose it's true that both parties are partly to blame when an STD is transferred. It's irresponsible to have unprotected sex and then whine about your partner not disclosing information.

However, the majority of the blame should still lie with the person who transmits the disease. If you have an STD, it's primarily your responsibility to let your partner know beforehand. A slap on the wrist and a misdemeanor hardly seems like a just punishment for knowingly spreading AIDS.

This is the only thread about this topic that's up right now, faggot. And I'm not going to go to the archives so I can read old, dead posts. I can't talk with a static page. The whole point of this imageboard is dynamic content.

I support this line of reasoning for drug addicts, i.e. get them help and treat them like someone with a disease, rather than as a criminal. I don't know how effective such an approach would be for pedophilia, though. I imagine it would be difficult to get pedophiles to admit to their sexual preferences, even if they haven't molested any children, and even more difficult to get society to stop stigmatizing it. I would personally like to see a push towards acceptance of ephebophilia (lusting after teen girls). I think a lot of pedos are just mislabeled ephebophiles. I'm not saying it's right to fuck a 15-year-old, but it's perfectly normal to fantasize about it.

>Californians Can Now Spread HIV and Other STDs With Near Impunity
DON'T WORRY, GOD IS PURIFYING CALIFORNIA AND CALIFORNIAS AIDS WITH HOLY FIRE. LOL

You mean purifying the rural hicks that voted for DRUMPPPPPFY TWOSCOOOOOPS?
Because that is who is getting their shit kicked in.
Cement Jungles aren't very flammable.

Lawsuit.

Bullshit. a whole suburb burned the other night.

The fire rises.

Uh huh, sure it will be. It's not like this law was designed to spread aids or anything.

Lol Americans pretend that they're not cucked but they're as cucked, or even more cucked than the rest of us.
>Muh free speech
Literal opium for the masses where you can spew bullshit on social media like an impotent cuck without any change occurring
>Muh guns protect us from tyranny
Lol if you don't think the political game is rigged for one party (deep state) you're a fucking moron.

>Cement Jungles
CEMENT JUNGLES IN CALIFORNIA WILL GET SOME SERIOUS GROUND SHAKING. LOL

BTW. POOR CEMENT JUNGLE DWELLERS IN CALIFORNIA WILL LOSE THEIR WINES DUE TO VINES GROWING PLANTATIONS BURNING.
OH WELL, NOTHING TO DRINK NOW EXCEPL IT'S OWN PISS. LOL

LET'S HOPE HOLLYWOOD CATCHES ON.

The point stands, wildfires happen most commonly in rural areas.
Rural areas voted heavily for Trump.
Ergo, Trump voters are getting rekt.
Wow that was so funny.

What do you mean? That you can sue the state and/or your partner if you get pozz'd?

I don't see how that's a viable solution. More of a bandaid applied lazily to an infected wound. Our country is already too damn litigatious, and the people who are most susceptible to the problem of HIV are poor people who can't afford lawyers anyway.

LA niggers drink liquor. Or when's the last time you saw a Mexican-American with a glass of wine in his hand?

Retarded. Red Cross tests in batches. One moron donating HIV blood ruins the batch. People can die during a blood shortage because of this law

I want off this ride.