/JobMarket/ Thread

Explain how the jobhunt is going

og

Have a decent job above minimum wage, third shift, get to hang out and eat whatever.

Always a struggle though. I love my family but I should've waited to get married and have a kid. At 24, I could've been going to school full-time and getting something even at $30k a year.

applied to 1 job, got a call after two days and was hired

I thought it was hopeless back in July.

Now I have two jobs, while still having the time to work on a skill that will be more profitable. Why do I have two jobs? Because I haven'tfinished my degree in a field I no longer want to pursue. I still have an A.A., and A.S., and two licenses. I also refuse to work manual labor and in the food/hospitality realm.

>tfw tried to be neet and father got me a job after 1 week

Went to a job fair, getting a couple of offers outside of my shit city and into the comfy Midwest. Good bye, Dixie, but now we're the land o' Pedro, old time tacos are forgotten.
Shouldn't this be in /biz/ or at least in the /SIG/ gens?

condolences

I'm starting at $40k/year, being surrounded by people making over 100k/year is tough to stay at same company

How do you increase your market value if you're looking for a gubmint job in intelligence? It's what I'm most suited for because of my interests and knowledge (and degree) but I don't think I'd make it in straight away so I want some sort of path to follow

3 interviews in the last 2 weeks.

praise god emperor Trump.

>uni student
>worked construction in the summer for $14/h(taxed to hell in canuckistan)
>back in school
>start working cash labourer weekend jobs
making 15/h cash
>buy tools and get contracts to do roofing myself
>now making 30/h cash
feels good man

I just got a job at Costco as Hilliary's diaper fetcher.

Sophmore college.
Orange county
Give me a job.

Been loving it. Got hired and now im literally the spine of the company.

Put out a internship position on the local college websites and hired a guy with a masters that will be bringing me coffee.

Thanks trump!

this is possibly the funniest meme on the internet

I've lost hope, and my most recent employment is self employment which looks stupid as fuck on my resume, yet I have to list it due to limited work history and otherwise I'd have a decent gap. I feel like I may have to go back to school to find a decent paying job, and I can't really afford to do that monetarily or time wise.

Graduated from school

Spent the summer looking for a job

No luck

Dad was holding out on me tells me his company needs an intern

Been interning for 2 months

They offered me a full time job last week to start beginning of 2018

The job market is a bunch of bullshit. I’m lucky my dad is an executive or i’d Still be unemployed. HR is fucking retarded and it’s viertually impossible to get a job anywhere without someone inside the company handing you a job.

Virtually*

Got a job as a janitor for $8.50 an hour about 4 years ago.
Get raise to $9 a year ago thanks to company switch
Can't afford to live alone
Can barely afford rent
Been job searching for three years, had multiple interviews but no dice
Depressed as fuck
Say fuck it and stay as janitor

I have a full-time job, but my job has been including more and more jobs into it. Currently I do about 5 peoples' jobs without being paid any extra money.

My boss recently went ballistic on me because an empty box was left on a shelf. This was after I did the hardest 2 hours of work in my life. I seriously want to quit, but I know I won't find a job.

Why was I given a job relatively shortly after I started looking with no prior work experience, a criminal offense, and zero social connections? I've never understood this meme.

Probably because all the other candidates were a riskier choice. Entry-Level jobs require "2-3 of experience in a similar field" which is laughably retarded. You think Boomers went through that shit?

>not being a superior NEET
wtf are you doing?

>went to college
>secured full time 55k+benefits job in my junior year through a paid $25/hr internship
>am in my senior year
>will graduate with $12,000 in student loans, that my firm will pay $1200 a year towards

I'd say pretty ez n decent desu.

No, and I don't think people go through it now. This is not an entry level position. What I believe through my personal experience is that "field experience" is a sieve to filter out low ambition employees. If you think about the kind of person who would be deterred from applying somewhere because they are not confident in their ability to do x position without experience you get a decent picture of someone who is going to flounder in that position regardless of exposure. Maybe I am an outlier who got "lucky", but considering the life I've had so far I don't think you would be able to find a demonstrable amount of luck elsewhere in that story.

Finally found a career i might be interested in
>not enough money for college again
Fuck the debt jew, never again

been looking for work for nearly 3 years now, had only 5 interviews in that time despite applying for a few jobs nearly daily for most of that time. only 1 went anywhere, but i broke a bunch of shit without realizing it and my short lived dream of having a job as a mechanic died.

Go to headspace you're eligible for disability employment services.
It''s about the service not the payment.

yeah ive been with them for about 2 months now. they found me the job at the mechanics. appreciate the concern though.

I've given up, largely. Have a B.S. in Info Systems, have 2-3 years work experience, and a Security+ cert. Can't find a job in a city of almost 3 million.

I chill at home perfecting my diet, doing Stronglifts 5x5, and reading philosophy, politics, and cryptocurrency tech (of which I own around $40k of off a total principal of ~$9k. I'm balls deep in Monero).

Evenings I go to community college towards a CEH (Infosec cert), CCNA R+S and CCNA Security.

Dunno what I'm going to do for money, sometimes I have to make myself chill out due to how pissed I am over the job situation (it's been 8 months since my last job, so many interviews but they always end the same way) but I'm using my time well nonetheless.

Starting to wonder if traditional employment is even for me. Strongly doubting it.

Fucking shit, I'm simultaneously under and overqualified for everything. Under in that I don't have much practical work experience, over in that I have kick-ass academics and they know and have outright commented that I'll be going to grad school in a year or two so won't stick around.
I couldn't even get my old college job back selling mattresses at sears
Probably just gonna UBER for a year then get my masters

>be black
>get a job anywhere because of "muh diversity"
>feelsgoodman