There is a point at which a person needs to give up already and this nigga has clearly passed it

There is a point at which a person needs to give up already and this nigga has clearly passed it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-6ATmb9crA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But his struggles have already somewhat paid off.

>animate a shot of his shoulders
>show nothing behind him

Why did the directors do this? That's incredibly strange.

Clever, user.

That's clever?

He knows that we're all gonna make it brah

>You will not post any of the following outside of Sup Forums: [...] macro image replies [...]

How so? Emilia still doesn't love him.

>Emilia still doesn't love him.
Does he actually want that, I have not idea.

He does.

Hell yeah, she eased him into this drastic change in his life after all

She finds him somewhat endearing

>tfw when in today's episode Subaru asks Rem to run away with him

That would be some shit.

>Anime original Rem END

Yeah, she thinks he is cute.

An extra story in Arc 3 of the novel tells a "What If" story about what could've happened if Subaru and Rem decided to run instead; they lived happily after with two children.

>has a power that makes him basically god
>needs to give up

Are we watching the same show?

>Rem gets killed by the White Whale
>waaaah i dont want to die
Dying is literally your superpower holy shit
Should have let it savescum him instead of running away on busted ass legs, it'd get back his wasted gold and the day spent trying to convince the other princesses to help

>EMILIA WE GOTTA GO
>why subaru
>SHUT UP THERES NO TIME TO EXPLAIN JUST TRUST ME
Christ

He can't control that power

This sums up ReZero perfectly.

>has the ability to savescum any time he likes
>doesn't immediately go into a magic drugstore to buy instakill suicide pills
>has to resort to a god damn cliff to reset

Your stupid American superheroes don't make you understand this anime

So? He can't lose, if he dies or fucks up he can just restart.

He's playing on easy mode and is being a bitch.

One of the most idiotic comments ever

nice comeback.

His incompetence is quite tragic to watch.
Almost as if this was some kind of tragedy.

Really makes you think...

Later he will try your great strategy and the reset won't work.

>Anime is more complex than any other medium meme

I don't think you understand basic literature friendo

So he'll just die?

Its simply he has not any fucking superpower.

>Immortal Groundhog day ability
>not a superpower

You're savant aren't you?

No country for old men reference?

Rem existance will be erased, he will kill himself more and more times but the checkpoint will be always after this event. Rem can't be saved. Satella controls the return by dead, not him.

The whole point is that he doesn't want to die. It's the last thing in the world he wants. It's painful and terrifying to the point where it's driving him insane. The show goes to great lengths to show why he doesn't want to use that power, see As for being all controlling with Emilia, yeah, he's an egomaniac. That's sort of the whole point of his character. It's all pretty textbook. He thinks everybody else is hopeless without him, and that only he can prevent their tragedies. In part this is due to innate flaws in his character, but it's also do to the unique nature of his situation.

>implying he has control over this power

by death*

No. It'll turn out the reset point is after all the bad shit.

He'll get stuck in a bad end.

>when autosave fucks up your game

I hate forced drama and awful writing. But they just had to top it off with the usual bland boring protagonist. fuck Japan

>awful writing

lol why you watching anime nigger

Your comment is awful.

First day on Sup Forums I see

>forced forcing

Sounds lewd.

Do you guys not realize how terrifying that would be? At this moment he has no idea how Return by Death works. He hasn't figured out how to set his save points, nor does he understand any requirements there are for him to return. As far as he knows, its a miracle, not something he can control. If he takes a gamble on "controlling" it, and is wrong, he dies permanently.

Regardless of what has happened in an AU, the MU barusu doesn't know that. though I will say a show with a save-scumming AU barusu-like character would be either shit or entertaining as fuck, depending on the execution

>usual bland boring protagonist

Why? You jump off a cliff, you die, don't feel anything, if I had his power I would gladly do this

no ep when?

Whether or not he can control it is irrelevant. He's gets to rewind time whenever he dies, which, by all logic, makes him god compared to the normal people in his universe.

Him being a retarded, badly written protagonist aside, he has no reason to give up.

You should read Saike Mata Shite mo.

The guy has the power to return by killing himself in a specific place.

For one fight he killed himself like 200+ times.

>being afraid of death

If you're gonna shitpost about it at least watch the show instead of just reading a synopsis from MAL.

>200+ times.
jesus

Look at Subaru has no idea how his power works. For all he knows it could have some side effect or could not work the next time he tries

>dying is easy.
>there is a possibility that it's not time travel but dimension shifting, therefore he's actually up and abadoning some in the previous timeline for his own benefit.

He might be wrong though. It could be that he can resurrect after dying anywhere.

>Runs into room with Emilia
>WHAWHAWJEHAWKEJHAW RUN AWAY NOW WOPAWOEWPAOWE
>What are you saying
>NOTIMERUN IWEJIOAWEJIW
>What?
>WHY WON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ME?

It's made clear later on that it's most likely dimension shifting. They go into detail what happens some of the times he kills himself. Also the aftermath of what happens when Rem killed him one of the times in the mansion.

Emilia has his mind broken after she sees Subaru cut his throat after trying to undo the whale rem reality.

People who kill themselves are weak. If he abused of his "power" he would be weak. user you have to face your life, not killing yourself every time something is wrong. His life would be an endless loops where he loses his relationship progresses every time.

Could you do it anyway please?

>Subaru
>boring
I can understand finding it annoying but this show is more about the characters than the overreaching plot stringing it together.

>You will not post any of the following outside of Sup Forums: [...] off-topic replies [...]

Did he have learning difficulties, why would he need to kill himself that many times to get it right.

He fights against other people who have powers. The fight where he has to reset 200+ times is against a girl who can make things into tape that as far as she knows is unbreakable.

So he sets up a situation where he can test her power and then run away afterwards and then tries a different method to beat her power every time. Cutting it, burning it, using acid. Finally he finds an answer and freaks the shit out of her since up till now she thought her power was unbreakable.

Another time he resets 10+ times till he gets a perfect knockout on a dude.

Or the time he resets 50+ times to find a hairdresser who won't fuck up his childhood friends hair for picture day which was the next day.

He's pretty wacky.

The only thing that makes me still watch this piece of crap is Subaru himself. He's the Japanese version of the S U P R E M E G E N T L E M A N

>when Rem killed him one of the times in the mansion.
What happened after that?

Since you guys need fucking healing.

They released Emilia's lap pillow song to commemorate Re:Zero's official Twitter reaching 110k subs.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-6ATmb9crA

In Mother of learning, the. MC relives the same month again and again, even if he dies. Said month starts alng his third year of magical school.

And he's not even the "MC" of the groundhog effect, he just got accidentally dragged partially in some decades of looping after it started due to unsufficient QA on the groundhog mechanism,

>durr who is rem
When will you fucking retards stop this shit?
This isn't even a meme, its just autism...

You know, that is one hypothesis I don't think is worth testing intentionally, all things considered.

That is not remotely how jumping off a cliff works.

People who jump or fall from cliffs usually don't get the luxury of a straight drop. That means they end up hitting the face of the cliff over and over and over again, and maybe if they're lucky, they sustain a blow to the head on the way down that knocks them out early on. Otherwise they're fully conscious for all of that shit. You do not want to jump off a cliff, dude.

The cliff Toyota jumped off of was fairly... angled?
Basically like a ships nose, there was nothing in the way, only spike looking things at the bottom.

NEVER FORGET

Forget who?

HER

comparing to basaru, MC of Saike know of his power while Basaru's respawn is not really his but Sattellas

I'm on the third chapter, I guess he gets used to drowning although that's a shitty way to go. Does anyone else find out about that spot.

If he did tell her what was going on she would have wanted to stay and fight the cult.

Final arc better involve him having to do the entire thing from the start with no retries

speedrun that shit

Good thing I always browse Sup Forums in tomorrow you sneaky cunt

Just started reading itnow as well.

Ya know, one thing I'd consider is killing someone else there, then seeing if they revived too next time.

But dude, getting used drowning? That is one thing I have to suspend my disbeleif on. Drowning is one of, if not the, most physically painful way to go.

There's an alternate timeline where he does exactly that. Killing himself to fix every mistake. His reasons for throwing his life away become more and more mundane until he is just a shell of a human being void of any emotion.
Not to mention that fear of death is inherent to every human being. And Subaru had some horrifyingly painful deaths.
>Stabbed
>Disemboweled
>Limbs torn off
>Impaled on rock spikes
>Frozen to death
>Beheaded
>Poisoned/Cursed
The guy is traumatized as fuck. Dying, even if it resets him, is the most painful and cruel thing he has ever experienced, and has done so multiple times. Not to mention all the psychological strain he had before his deaths.
>Carrying a dead Rem to the mansion before being beheaded
>Finding the entire village slaughtered
>Everybody in the mansion hating him because he knows why Rem died but can't tell, to a point where Ram wants to brutally murder him
>Seeing Rem getting her limbs twisted, dragging herself towards him with her head only to die in his arms

If you think that death is something easy, even with the benefit of rewinding time and fixing mistakes, you are either dumb or very desensitized.

He really doesn't seem to mind after the first time so he might be resetting before he actually suffocates, he's so passive he stays at home hoping for the best twice until he actually does something about it.

>If you think that death is something easy, even with the benefit of rewinding time and fixing mistakes
>even with the benefit of taking away it's main drawback and even making it useful
>very desensitized.

Yes, that is the point I think he was trying to make.

You know, it might be important to worry that he unintentionally learns to swim, because if he does the fight-or-flight response ain't gonna make drowning easy.

Holy fuck the girl is an absolute self-centered lost cause.

I think the world's better-off without her.

You missed the point. That's not how humans work. You can get desensitized to others kicking the bucket, sure. But towards your own death? If you've experienced it multiple times and it has always been extremely painful? Again, Subaru is traumatized as fuck. Rationality doesn't really kick in in such a case. And the inherent fear of death if one of our strongest instincts; instincts don't care much for rationality. Add those two together and you'll have a person who, even if death for them isn't final, is fucking terrorized by the thought of dying.

Probably because Re:Zero is easily one of the dullest anime in the history of
animes.

Perhaps the die was cast when Nagatsuki vetoed the idea of KyoAni producing the
series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that
meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his
LN. The Re:Zero series might be wish fulfillment (or not), but it’s certainly
the anti-KonoSuba series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No
one wants to face that fact.

>But at least the LN are ggood though!
The writing is dreadful; the LN was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every
time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character
"stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated.
I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was
incredulous. Nagatsuki's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that
he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of
Re:Zero by the same Nisio Isin. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these
kids are reading Re:Zero at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on
to read Nisio Isin." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you
read "Re:Zero" you are, in fact, trained to read Nisio Isin

if Muslims can kill themselves for a nebulous cause then so can I

That's just retarded writing to excuse the author realizing that his character is op. He should just stick with him smelling more like the witch everytime as an excuse on why he doesn't do it or just paranoia that there is a limit to it.

What's with the envelope marking in this pasta?

>a human being scared of dying is retarded writing

Ok

I don't think you looked at the post I was replying to.

Because I was referring to the AU part of it. Just to make sure you understand.

I think it's a fairly realistic approach to the concept. The same goes for Subaru being absolutely autistic and socially unaware due to having been a hikikomori for most of his life. Fairly realistic, considering most of our social conditioning happens during puberty, most of which he probably spent on his own. If you can only spout complains without giving valuable reasons you shouldn't bother replying.

Yes you fucking can. The reason why death is scary isn't due to any associated pain but because it's the end of life. If dying just means going back into the past then sooner or later you'd get used to it.

Considering the MC is a NEET it might take a while though.

I don't. I thinks it's extremely unrealistic, it's just a excuse for the main character to not do the obvious smart thing. There were better ways he could have handled it that I have already mentioned.

>valuable reasons you shouldn't bother replying.
I've already explained that the AU exists because the author fucked up by not giving a reasonable excuse on why main character doesn't just do the obvious thing.

It's unbelievably shitty writing that he didn't just have the main character thinks. Well while I can come back, it doesn't mean I can always do this so I better not risk it unless I have no other choice and B holy shit I smell more and more like magical adolf hitler that everyone hates. I shouldn't abuse this ability pointlessly, because it could leave me friendless and hunted because of how people sense me, it also seems to attract things to kill me, and lastly smell more and more like this evil person that everyone fears is probably just not a good sign period.

That's all he had to do hand wave the entire argument instead of writing the big pile of bullshit excuses known as the AU where main character does the obvious thing.

Don't think that would happen, since the next episode names relate to white whale holy grail and gramps n the whale which happen supposedly when Rem Natsuki happens

who?