anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=39
youtube.com/watch?v=VwePulbjLXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>flat chest
>based

Girl? With that chest?

>shitty violent tsundere
>based

TFW Isekai has killed the ability for Japan to ever have cool female protagonists again

Think you posted the wrong picture, OP.

>You will never marry Lina

Is Amelia an oppai loli?

Missed it by one letter, OP.

Not Isekai itself. The problem is when is combined with moe obsession that make all the girls look like helpless and in need for a male figure who can take care of them even if they can destroy worlds, and the harem setting that is focused on a male MC.
The real problem is that Japan lost the ability to produce real assertive female characters. The majority of the "assertive" ones are tsunderes that act tough but are helpless and extremely frail inside.

It's her voice.

She is a shortstack

Megumi Hayashibara is golden.

When magic is done properly is easy to make a mage based.

It's not just assertive characters, or even women. It's incredibly rare to see interesting characters or personalities of any sort in modern anime. Men are as bland as possible for self insertion, women are either one dimensional harem archetypes or moe taken so far to the extreme the girls aren't very far removed from a household pet.

She's around 16 IIRC, so no.

Watch shows other than harem/CGDCT.

This is true as well.
The industry rely heavily on tropes and stereotypes. The flanderization became extreme. Characters are all based on pre-packaged archetypes. Female are all suppposed to be built around a concept of "dere" males are almost faceless self insertion like an eroge VN MC. Or some kind of hot headed Luffy/Naruto wannabe.
In the '80s '90s there was more reasoning in making characters.

I've seen been considered lolis centuries old demonettes and shit. So is kinda a matter of point point view.

>I've seen been considered lolis centuries old demonettes and shit. So is kinda a matter of point point view.
What the fuck did you just say, user? You cruisin for bruisin?

>Literally fights evil gods with her fist
>Favorite pass time is striking heroic poses while sstanding on pinnacles
>Wants to marry a rock
>"Heroes never die, so whoever survives must be justice"
>THE TITS

How can such a based girl be in my tabletop rpg anime?

Amelia deserve her own spinoff.

Dunno. I tried reread my post and got sick.

She's the narrator

And then came Ange.

>assertive
Like those super social mostly happy ones?

Kukuri from K
Pizza girl from Erased (or whatever the proper name was)

And now I'm failing to find more examples.
But I guess Kukuri fits the example well, even though she was a minor character.

I can bring up more examples with little girl anime but that's not the typical industry standard because the target demographic is pre-teen/early teen girls.

Why was Revolution so shit?

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=39

Anidb is correct right?

I'll watch airing order anyway, just want to be sure it's complete.

That's exactly what I don't watch, but that doesn't change the general trends in the industry at all. If you take away those, soulless manga adaptations, and fujobait, there's not a lot left.

OHOOHOHOHOHOHOHO

>soulless manga adaptations
Don't you mean soulless LN adaptions?

Except that kind of show has existed before Slayers was around and yet Slayers manages to exist somehow.

Is there an OVA/Movie collection out there for a decent price? the only ones out there are very limited and pretty expensive.

In the novel not only Amelia is the same age as Lina, but she is even taller.
If the animators did their job properly there would be no need for in the movies.

Why does Amelia remind me of Maho from Pani Poni Dash so much?

You're wrong about literally everything you said. Everything.

Go back to tumblr.

LINA INVERSE PLEASES OLD MEN FOR MONEY

I will never understand why people put Lina on such a pedestal, if the exact same character were made today people would call her a flavor of the month girl and be forgotten as soon as the show was over. I mean she was ok but damn she is overrated.

Maybe cause nowaday a decent female MC, especially in a fantasy setting is almost impossible to find.
Actually a decent mage character of both sex is almost impossible to find.

>Nagano can hear Naga voice everyday.

Because she is actually so much better than 99.9% of anime females, especially the ones that come out today.
If you think she's like the other dime-a-dozen sluts that get shat out by Japan now, it just shows how stupid you really are.

I realy wanted bring back the classic fantasy comedy or seroius show like lodoss.Fuck all the self insert MC goes to mmorpg world.

>Ange, Momoko, Benten, the mom from Uchouten Kazoku, Lyuze, Dio, Tsubasa Nishikiori
Like do you even watch anime or do you just bitch about how there's no good female characters while just watching naruto or some shit?

>Ange
Lost your pathetic argument right there.

Ange is a better character than Lina what the fuck are you talking about?

Holy fucking shit, you're literally retarded.

FIRABARU

>a character that starts off as a huge spoiled princess grows into a huge asshole who lives for herself is somehow worse than infinite flat, and food jokes
Yeah I'm not seeing it.

you forgot slapstick you fucking novice piece of shit

>flat then
>b cup

>flat now
>literal negative space in the chest region

The problem is that the good ones are exceptions not the norm.

You really aren't because you obviously haven't seen Slayers.
It's okay.
You can go back to masturbating to your QUALITY show and no one will care how stupid you are.

Slayers directed by imagawa when?

I've seen the first series, and the movies. Maybe you should watch cross ange before claiming she's shit, She starts off like a spoiled princess but by the end she's THE most assertive character in the whole show.

Well what about good male characters? You have Loran from Turn a, but then turn a even has Diana and lady Kihel, and lily Borjarno, who are are extremely strong characters in their own right and feature way more growth than loran. You have Madra from Natsume Yuujinchou, but he isn't even human, You have the Captian from Space battleship yamato, and Harlock from Captian Harlock. I'm tired of hearing people bitch about "good X characters" because that's not the issue, it's good characters themselves that japan can't write. Most male AND female characters are garbage just claiming only females tend to be shit is highly dishonest because most male characters don't even have a pulse and exist "to be nice" or do fall into misunderstand traps

I did see Cross Ange. It was complete dogshit from start to finish and your little slut being a cunt doesn't make it good.

>Start as asshole princess
>Develop as asshole only
Great character arc, seriously.
You must be one of those retard that think a character is good only cause break some trope or is rare to see. Flash news fag, you can make a one of a kind character and still make it shitty.
Ange is just an annoying bitch that stay alive with the power of plot armor, asspull skills, and by being overally an unlikeable(unkillable) Mary Sue.
And anyway
>Censored BD
Just to make sure this shitty show is going to be forgotten forever along with the shitty MC.

And a based boy.

There is likeable MC as well. No deniyng it. (pic related)
Still there is lots of shitty ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=VwePulbjLXU

>You must be one of those retard that think a character is good only cause break some trope or is rare to see.
What's your idea of a good character then? Because the main girls from shows like GuP or Love Live would probably be torn to shreds by you for really benign reasons even though most of the audience of those shows are little girls who look up to the characters because they work hard to reach their goals, work through adversity, and eventually succeed through teamwork while still having their own personality despite being in shows with 9+ main characters.

>What's your idea of a good character then?
Good question. It would require a wall of text to answer and i'm not in the mood.
TL;DR version: depends from the traits that build the character, how it blend into the setting and relate with the other characters, and the context as well.
The average anime bad character is a copypasted and flanderized stereotype made only to exploit a fetish and/or a trope.
Good characters don't follow a guideline so there is not an exemplary one. One of my favorite is Gally from the "gunnm" series.

I want to hug Lina

90's Megumin.

To be fair, Megumin is heavily inspired by Lina and her name is taken from Lina's VA, Megumi Hayashibara.

I want to fug and hug her.

>You have Loran from Turn a, but then turn a even has Diana and lady Kihel, and lily Borjarno, who are are extremely strong characters in their own right and feature way more growth than loran.
Come on. I loved Turn A, but not for character growth (that doesn't exist), but rather because of how random everything was.

Which is because the only japs the spend money on anime anymore are the ones who are legit terrified of assertive women.

Did we ever find out the deal with her?

That's a funny way to spell Try.

Nope. Lina has such awsome characterization that I genuinly despised her for a while.

You can't say that about modern anime characters.

upgraded

YOU JUST KNOW.

>How can one girl be such a rotten cunt?
ftfy

It's gone over more in the LNs. She is a knight of Ciephied as was mentioned, and as a result she is closely aligned with the Shinzoku. The reason they needed Lina for the prophecy in Try instead of her was because Lina was a human without a strong loyalty either way.

So which one is stronger? Lina or sober Naga?

Liner because LOneesan is looking out for her

I have seen this movie only once and I remember it being quite shit.

It wasn't even a movie really, it was only 30 minutes long. I didn't think that it was bad compared to the rest of the series, but the movies with Lina and Naga were verifiably better.

I thought they turnen to Lina because Luna had a 12h/day job.

I've been meaning to get into this series for awhile but which is better, the light novel or anime? Any chance for a new series?

What did they mean by dragon spooker? I still don't get exactly what they were reffering too when Lina got pissed off.

That too.

Lina is a cute boy

What was random about it? The whole show Guin was showed to always value firepower and improving his position over humanitarian interests, Lilly kicked him to the side when he finally started working in the complete opposite direction of her goals. It was showed when he tried to increase production of his airplanes, it was showed when he was so quick to destroy everything with the canon on the Willgem, and it was showed in him trying to steal mobile suit data on the moon, right before joining Ghingham to attempt a powerplay against the moon. He only cared about being on top.
Lady Diana was dying due to being frozen for hundreds of years over and over, and wanted to find out what happened to the last person she loved and wanted to live her dying days how she would have with Will Game, while ensuring peace for the moon and the moon. The cryogenic freezing was shown that it did cause harm by making Corin, who was frozen the longest out of the whole moonrace, lose his mental capacity. And Lady Kihel traded positions because she was shown early on wanting to make a difference, while thinking nothing of college because she felt like she wanted actual experience, something lady's diana's offer gave her. Everyone except for Loran showed huge amounts of growth and all had motivations. I don't get how you'd find that show random other than UNIVERSE and maybe the tribal moon spies.

And when they made Cross Ange, you called it shit.
You can only blame yourself for this.

Dragons are notorious for fucking anything and everything. Dragons are dirty whores.
Well. Except for Lina.

You clearly didn't see it, and you know nothing about the character. Good thing I don't have to take your opinion into account.

Cross Ange is the most pathetically cliched pile of cliches to come out in ages.
The only way it could be shittier is if they found a way to get smell-o-vision through a computer.

That makes sense, thank you. That explains Filia's behavior.

>it goes against the norms so much that it gets halted for a few years
Yeah, absolutely. All you say is so right on spot.

If the norms are basic decency and somewhat logical plot and character, yes, it did go against those norms.
Are you literally autistic or is this just elaborate game of b8?

Are you Catholic? Late night anime should be like this, not what you imagine.
Also, everything else you mentioned is just wrong. It's pretty easy to recognize that you didn't watch the show. I wonder where your blind hatred comes from.

>it's a Slayers thread

Every ecchi anime ever. So much for being original.

Sure. It's absolutely like every other anime nowadays.

>good magician
>strong willed
>redhead
>flat
>fun
>
This is the only fault I see

Yes. Also, she really couldn't be arsed, really. I suppose it should be a compliment that she figured her imouto could handle things.