Restoration in Brazil? 4 Monarchist parties

being created in Brazil, and at least 2 are likely to be created before the 2018 (or at least 2020) elections. They are the Royal Democracy Party (PRD), Party of the Imperial Construction (PCI), Party of the Brazilian Monarchist Movement and Brazilian Parliamentarist Monarchical Party (PMPB).

Info on next post

Other urls found in this thread:

rdp.org.br/o-partido/regulamentos/programa/)
www25.senado.leg.br/web/atividade/materias/-/materia/129306
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchism_in_Brazil#cite_note-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PRD's page says they're for parliamentary monarchy, and "a modern and liberal nationalism, interested in developing evolved institutional and management mechanisms, free of personalism, like the ones experimented in recognizably democratic countries, that got high HDI levels, security, economic equilibrium and political stability" and says it's priority missions are "safeguarding the rights of the brazilian people, the defense and preservation of the Brazilian Nation and State".

Their program (rdp.org.br/o-partido/regulamentos/programa/) reads like a moderate christian-democrat party, nothing that a normie party with no strong ideas wouldn't defend, but a bit nationalist against foreign NGOs, governments, etc in the country. They defend changing our voting system to FPTP with recall for every elected office and private funding of electoral campaigns, but only by citizens, not by any organization or non-brazilian.

PMPB seems less organized, their website doesn't load and their facebook doesn't tell you a lot about them. They do seem right-wing tho, as they support Bolsonaro for "prime-minister". Apparently they made a deal with PHS (Humanist Party of Solidarity, a meme centrist party that apparently has a monarchist wing and some distributists in it, and is currently growing with a strategy of strenghtening itself in municipalities, but is still very small).

PMMB seems to be the least organized of all. They don't have a website, facebook, nothing. I just know they existe because the other parties mention they're all trying to create these parties together (they get people to sign a paper supporting all of them).

PCI has a website without much info on it. They're currently in a partnership with PACO (horrible name, I know), the Conservative Party, to get all the signatures they need to create each other. PACO is not, AFAIK, a strictly monarchist party, but plenty of people in it are for it. They're more right-wing, supporting gun rights and such (and FPTP), so I suppose PCI is the most right-wing of the monarchist parties. They also have the coolest logo. They share anti-antifa pics and some right-wing posts.

monarchy restaured tomorrow

Just consolidate them all. fractioning won't do anything

>Brazil
>monarchy
Since when?

RDP is likely close to getting enough to become a party, and PCI might become one by 2020 or something.

Might be a good idea to get more than one so monarchism doesn't get too associated with a single group or set of policies. You can get right-wing monarchists, centrist normie ones, and if they existed even leftists, so that you dont make people who dislike you go hardcore republican and fuck everything up

Fractioning doesnt matter much since our system is proportional, they can even form a bloc and work as a party, in congress, if they want to

1500-1889

>flag
hows that food production going?

Also OP, reminds me of Greece in late '35. I bet a referendum will be held and out of fear of the generals who run the show people will vote overwhelmingly for a king. King assumes power, general declares state of emergency with the mandate of the king, and voila, Corporatism and Metaxas. Not that I am complaining.

I don't think any referendum is coming soon, although monarchy would probably get more now. after 1889 being a monarchist was illegal until 1988, and after just 5 years of legality and with little time for debate (on purpose btw) and with people knowing literally nothing about the subject (leftists spread that if people voted for a monarchy slavery would come back and shit) monarchy still got 13%, and on current pols (also with normies who don't know shit) it gets over 20%

Most generals I see talking, and people who were involved with their government, says their biggest mistake was probs overthrowing the monarchy.

IIRC generals offered them the crown back in the 60s, but they said they'd only come back by popular acclaim

if they become a thing i'm voting for the monarchy forever, unless a true libertarian party appears. The republic was a mistake.

>let me show you all how ignorant I am

not likely this year, and I predict they'll, initially at first, be one more meme party that never achieves anything, but I might vote for them if they get good candidates

But there are limits to what they can propose before being more than a monarchist party and thus losing some voters. I mean, unless you control congress and shit, or manage to become president somehow, there's not much you can do for monarchy in the states, cities and even congress

It's literally impossible to dispel the notion that a monarchy is not a leeching dictatorship where the Emperor can do whatever the fuck he wants. Just ask any brazilian and that is what he'll tell you.

For now let's just focus on Bolsonaro, learn from the Trump election to meme him. He has a real chance unlike the memenarchy.

>meme party
Unlikely. The entire country craves for something new and different, with no relation with the putrid politics of the mainstream parties. That's why Bolsonaro will win next year, that's why the mock referendum in the south got 95% of votes wanting independence. A big happening is coming user, i can almost feel it

www25.senado.leg.br/web/atividade/materias/-/materia/129306

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchism_in_Brazil#cite_note-10

kek

It's growing right now, but it is indeed still too small.

Apparently PTC and PHS launched monarchist candidates in the past too, and besides Paulo Eduardo Martins there might be 2 or 3 other monarchists in congress.

Very unlikely now, but there are centainly more monarchists than before, and it's more mainstream. Not a single one of the princes is likely to be king tho, too old by now, they'll die before this

but they also need strong candidates, money for ads, etc. It's not so easy to start a party and grow so quickly.

Their first test will be how they actually vote and shit, because just "pro-monarchy, pro-parliament" isn't sufficient for a party to keep getting votes, except from a few devoted monarchists. I suspect they'll tend to be centrists or right-wing

its been months and still not a relator

We all know they'll say "no" anyway, but holy shit, at least have the decency to write this shit fast

btw, funny thing I noticed. The Legislative Assembly of Minas Gerais sent a "motion of support" for this. Is Minas Gerais /ourstate/?

Much the same can be done in normal politics, user. Officials in power leeching off of the state. This is simply something different from the false mandates of the past.

Plus, what do you give the King as a bribe that he doesn't already own? He is the state.

well bolsonaro has absolutely no money, is facing - and defeating - the ultra rich PT with nothing but sharp words and memes.
"é so nao estuprar, não roubar e não matar que não vai pra lá PORRA" is way way stronger than any conceivable jingle or some bullshit politician on TV talking about how they're wrathful with the corruption.

Bump, Monarchy yes please

Also kek a Sup Forumsitician turned me on to corporatism with its vertical slices of the state and its industries.

literally R O C K E F E L L E R capitalism on a state level

but he has memetic potential and a strong personality

Do you even know any monarchists in these parties? I can't imagine those tea-sippers talking straitght like this

lol me neither. But
>if Bolsonaro fades away, he'd leave a vacuum that can't be filled by the current politicians, parties or ideologies
>if one, only one monarchist happens to be good at stomping commies in public, he'd rise in glory
Also, the Empire still holds a certain aura of righteousness and culture that the common people still feel. Walking around in a historical city with Imperial buildings and statues always gives a positive impression. Plus the very image of D. Pedro II is still somewhat revered. If some faggot fucking dares to talk shit about him, he instantly loses any moral or intellectual authority, except of course for the commies.

thats true, I think all it takes is people actually learning history, since our schools are complete marxist shit