Is college worth it or is it marxist/neoliberal training camp?

Is college worth it or is it marxist/neoliberal training camp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=it0StsIvrAo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on what you're going for and how well you can resist the urge to sperg on sjws

There's only like 5 degrees even worth having..

It was worth it for me. Scored a six figure job in high finance and wouldn't have been able to do it without going to Cornell.

Just remember that the white college educated demographic has been a staple of the Republican party for decades. Despite what the media would have you believe, college educated whites are actually able to tune out the brainwashing and vote Republican.

College a shit.

>Depends on what you're going for and how well you can resist the urge to sperg on sjw

Not worth it, education is overrated. Most people become dumber by going to college

womens studies
african american history
undecided
social anthropology
dance

Even the best schools (i went to one) are not worth it. U can learn everything you could learn in college from the web.
There was a black princeton professor on tucker carlson who denied the existence of a racial intelligence gap as proven by charles murray in the book the bell curve. If a professor Is that biased and full of shit, the whole institution is suspect.

We need more right wing people in higher education, not going to win if education and culture is in sjw hands. Real problem is that you burgers have to pay for it.

Women shouldn't be allowed in college.

of course it is
the jew invaded our institutions and corrupted them
now its our turn to invade and replace them

Only worth it if you want to be a lawyer or a scientist. Trade workers make a lot of money, more than a lot of engineers. I went to a tech school and two years after graduation, i'm doing great financially and so are all my friends. Meanwhile the kids who went to college are just putting off life for four more years on daddy's dime. Also most trade guys are fucking old and there is going to be a major work shortage soon.

We pay for the undergrad. Then when we get a job we figure out what the company wants and will pay for and go for that.

It's the easiest way to get laid. If you can't get laid in college you're intentionally avoiding sex.

It depends on what you're going for. I genuinely like my major. The university as a whole though is a pozzed jewish indoctrination center. Most people in my department are cucks. I have to hide my power level. going to the best school in my state btw... so don't think that you escape it in that way

>If you can't get laid in college you're intentionally avoiding sex.

You should. What's the point of banging sluts?

It is commie camp.

this. there are plenty of people who benefit from college.

>dem flag and UN flag

thanks

If you feel like dealing with cuck bullshit and then suffering massive debt for it, then go for it. Otherwise, learning a trade, particularly in fixing shit, is usually a reliable way to get a job.

Totally worth it. It teaches you how to think. Your horizons get opened massively. You get out of it about as much as you put into it. You'll come to realize that your own little range of experience is not the only way to exist in a world that has taken many different forms over time.

You'll also learn to write clearly and will make connections with smart people who are worth knowing. Plus you'll be able to get a job as a professional, bringing all the respect and added income that professionals receive.

practice.

Cornell grad student here too. I may have taught your freshman writing seminar. Want to say what it was on or how much you loved your instructor?

I came out of college hating liberals more than ever before. The left-wing professors and grad students were so grotesquely biased against every decent, normal thing in American civilization that it turned me 180 degrees in the other direction.

When the Day of the Rope is upon us, the campus is the place to begin. Spare only the STEM and business school types; the rest are dross and lice.

that all sounds great, but i'm not selling my soul to a loan shark to "meet interesting people"

Obviously leftist don't want you to get a worthwhile education and improve your station in life. Anyone who tells you college flat-out isn't worth it is your enemy.

If you have rich parents, go to a top-ranked college.
If you don't, then work on a sport or something that gives you a chance of a scholarship. If a minority, then double bonus.
If not, then go to your local state college campus that has the best reputation and don't go into too much debt.

Thinking of trying for Mechanical Engineering, is it worth it, lads?
>is it marxist/neoliberal training camp?
Yes, but it does give you a degree. Women shouldn't be allowed in there, though. The college environment is geared to turn them into whores.
>If you can't get laid in college you're intentionally avoiding sex.
Yes, you should be avoiding it. 1 Corinthians 6:13.

College can be worth it. I chose a degree (Engineering) that paid me well in my career. I also was perseptive enough of professor liberal propaganda and disregarded it.

To be fair the intelligence sampling in the past has been terrible as they tended to choose black people from the streets, white people from high schools, and jews from colleges.

youtube.com/watch?v=it0StsIvrAo

Choose wisely. I recommend starting with a trade school; couple months to 2 years, and you can go back to college without debt in a few years if you want.

Protip: Smarthouse techs can get 200kish out of a 2 yr school. Also look into aircraft mechanic, which is in heavy demand.

my dad has a mechanical engineering degree and only makes 85k, but that's just him i don't really know anything about the field

It is important. People who say college is a Marxist indoctrination camp are rednecks butthurt because college educated people are left leaning. Whatever your politicial orientation 90% of white collar jobs requires a degree to get an interview, not to mention that without the technical skills college will give you, it's much harder to get a white collar job and have a middle class family.

Racking up student debt while learning a degree that isn't guaranteed to pay off said student debt in your lifetime sounded like a raw deal to me, so I went into a trade instead. I had the grades, I just didn't like the idea of financial slavery.

Completely agree. Having a college degree in literally anything, so long as you can sell yourself sufficiently, is a massive step up in the world. It opens up so many doors that it's almost unfathomable, and gains you an immense deal of respect. The alumni connections alone if you went to a decent school are mindboggling when it comes to finding work.

Doing it as cheaply as possible is key, though. Going into massive debt is a huge no-no. Go where the scholarships are best, or the school is the cheapest; anything else is going to massively fuck up your future.

Those faces don't show their soullessness. They have no personality but a patchwork of what they believe others would think is acceptable. Oh, what a live to not live.

You've never stepped foot in a college have you? How are you going to do lab work online?

life*

This I was a dumbass kid that listened to my boomer mom and took out a 2800 dollar loan when i was 18. I've had deferred for nearly 10 years kek. I finished up my associates and then transferred to the best school in my state. Financial aid covers me decently and im also in the national guard so tuition is free for me.

None of those women are actually attractive

Meeting interesting people and learning for them is vital for your future. Being exposed first hand to how good people think and what they do is very important.

I’m in college right now for computer science and realized I don’t need a degree to program and I don’t have interest in anything else besides that so now I’m just waiting for the semester to finish and move on to a trade while learning programming on the side, I love learning new things but college is losing its value slowly. More employers are slowly starting to favor experience more ver degrees and so if you have a skill set people will pay you for it simple as that but a degree might help get your foot in the door a bit easier which is one reason for getting a degree.

>It teaches you how to think.
There isn't one way to think, the word you are looking for is indoctrination.

>You get out of it about as much as you put into it.
Then why do you leave with debt?

>You'll come to realize that your own little range of experience is not the only way to exist in a world that has taken many different forms over time.
No, if you are doing it right, you should realize everyone is bound by the same mathematical and physical limitation as ever before.

>You'll also learn to write clearly
No foreign students can get through most majors barely grasping english grammar.

>and will make connections with smart people who are worth knowing.
There will be too many people, they will all be different in each class and none of them will give a shit about you unless you take on more debt and have things to offer them.

>Plus you'll be able to get a job as a professional,
Most people don't ever work in their field of study.

>bringing all the respect and added income that professionals receive.
If you do get a job in your chosen field, you will still be bottom of the wrung in it for several years of looking forward to more certifications and training in a less generalized unfocused pace.

>women can't go into college
What are you, a hardcore Muslim? Even Iran let's women go to college.

If your IQ is under 110, you don't have a plan, or would rather do something else don't go to college. Learn a trade, join the military, start your own business, etc.

If you want a job that needs credentials, you have a plan, and an IQ over 110 college might be for you. Don't go to college because you want to learn in general, you can get more learning out of Sup Forums or your local library.

t. grad student

I'm sorry, but they aren't mutually exclusive. If you attend college and keep your eyes out for their biases and "encouraging you to think in a certain way" and feeding you one side of the information to make you reach a certain conclusion and encouraging you to give certain answers, it's pretty blatant what many of them are doing. They don't ask "Do you think Islam is misogynistic," they ask "Why is Islam, a religion of peace, sometimes misconstrued as misogynistic? HINT: cultural versus religious reasons!"

Having said that, some departments and disciplines are much worse about it than others. I was always relatively honest in my political evaluations any time it came up, though, and it never harmed me grade-wise despite very liberal teachers at a very liberal campus. So long as you can justify yourself and your opinions well, you'll probably be fine.

Google: "The long march through the institutions" and you'll find the people who did it admitting as much.

>teaches you how to think = indoctrination
This is Orwellian nonsense. Every idea teaches you how to think. Every politicial book even if teaching you to "break free of the machine" is teaching you how to think. The point is teaching you how to think like successful, smart people.

I just landed a job 70K/year. No college education. No college debt.

I went to tech school for industrial electronics. You decide.

You click on the lab link instead of the lecture link.

To be fair youre completely full of shit. The 15 pt iq gap is extended when you find black people with less than half caucasian dna.

If you're just going to college to go to college then no. If you're going to college because it's the only way to get into a specific high paying career and you've got the motivation and discipline to work hard at it for the entire time then sure you should go. Otherwise you're just wasting a shit load of money to get indoctrinated by marxists.

I think so, if you're going into STEM. But that's coming from someone in a country where if I don't have degree like that (currently doing actuarial) then there's severely hindered employment and promotion prospects due to BEE -(black economic empowerment which for most is like reverse economic apartheid).

>90% of white collar jobs requires a degree to get an interview, not to mention that without the technical skills college will give you, it's much harder to get a white collar job and have a middle class family.

THE MIDDLE CLASS DREAM IS A NIGHTMARE

Degree holdings being shit at programming is a problem but you do need it for most of the decent fields in IT. White collar programming jobs like senior software engineer or full stack developer you need training in software engineering because you need to maintain and upgrade big complex programs. Unless you have some certs like RHCE you're going to end up as a front end developer making 40k a year.

lets be honest; all you learn on Sup Forums is clever propaganda disguised as "redpills".

If you like women who can only bring two things to a relationship.
>Their nagging
>Their cunt

Otherwise you're better off skipping the whole thing

Did you reply to the wrong post

>Every idea teaches you how to think.
No it doesn't it teaches you an idea.
If you need to be taught how to think, thinking isn't for you and if you are just running through what you were taught, you aren't thinking.

>The point is teaching you how to think like successful, smart people.
The why do so many successful smart people skip college?

Well i should have also thought about at least obtaining an associates degree in computer science which is just 2 years, with that degree you could still snag a high paying job in it as opposed to not having one.

>The 15 pt iq gap is extended when you find black people with less than half caucasian dna.
They aren't pulling those black people out of grad school, they are sampling kids, street people, and prisoners.

No. That was to you. Just because some of the people claiming that college is a Marxist indoctrination machine are "rednecks butthurt because college educated people are left leaning," as you put it, doesn't mean that they're wrong.

I still agree with your overall point about the value of college, though.

Go to a trade school learn a skill. The first two years at a traditional college will for e feed liberal ideology with all the prereqs. It's a waste of time and money. They are just filled classes so they.can rack the cost of tuition up.

>There isn't one way to think, the word you are looking for is indoctrination.
No indoctrination. It's process, not destination. It's about how to analyze, evaluate, assess, identify evidence, argue, and persuade. Really basic, fundamental thinking skills. Studying philosophy for at least a little while is probably your best path toward these.

>No, if you are doing it right, you should realize everyone is bound by the same mathematical and physical limitation as ever before.
Human history involves massive variety. You learn this by studying it. Some people don't learn to write, but as someone who has taught writing at an Ivy League institution, I can guarantee that anyone who came through my classes had the opportunity to learn how to write well.

If you're not a shut-in, then you'll make plenty of friends at college. You sound bitter, resentful, and isolated. Why so? Did you go to a shitty college or do you resent those who did get a college experience?

If you go to college, a frat is a must for maximum enjoyment.

>You've never stepped foot in a college
Whatever helps you sleep at night, inferiorboy ;)

>teaches you an idea
Mate an idea is a way of thinking. Learning is being taught a new way to think. Regardless of whether is a technical subject like best principles of creating a database or a learning character traits like not being afraid of taking risks, you are learning how to think.

>why are there so many successful dropouts?
Because there aren't. The vast majority of CEOs, billionaires/millionaires, inventors, politicians, etc cetera have degrees. And those that don't mostly dropped out. Like Zuckerberg got the idea from Facebook while in university.

Also, in nigeria, where most african americans get their dna from, the avg iq is 70. Is that a sample bias as well?

Sup Forums's weltanschauung is closer to reality than any nonsense you're gonna learn at college.

Dude I know a fucking college dropout that makes 80k a year as a store manager at Ralph and Lauren dropouts can still find success I wouldn’t underestimate people

unless you are in a stem (yeah, I get it, meme, kek) school which is insanely disproportionate

That's a good step but try to specialize. This will set you apart from the dozen other guys with basic IT skills applying for the job. The ideal IT guy is one with a broad understanding of all fields and a deep understanding of one. This can be Redhat server admin, networking, security auditing, managing an AWS cloud. Get the relevant certs, intern at the relevant company and give your employer demonstrable proof that you've got the basics at it and willing to learn. Fresh grads are frankly pretty bad because they have no experience, but companies aren't just looking at how good you are now but how good you will be.

most slaves did not come Nigeria you fucking retard they came from Ghana

I'm not saying it's impossible, just rare. People like that are exceptions. You can try to go emulate him but for the majority of people college would be the better option.

if you're willing to actually work for a living or are susceptible to a guilty conscience, it's not worth the cost.
inb4 muh free ride
still not worth it. i make 70k, live near enough to DC. i'm comfy as i wanna be, retire by 60, and don't have to fuck people over for a living.

I want one.

don't forget liberal arts

No a way of thinking is way more than just impotent ideas and you can get ideas and thought processes for free right here.

> Regardless of whether is a technical subject like best principles of creating a database
That isn't a way of independent thought, its regurgitating information and learning to conform to official protocol.

>learning character traits like not being afraid of taking risks
What college class teaches that?

>The vast majority of
If you look at the top richest people in the world, like Sheldon Addleson, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Zuckerberg, The Waltons, Liliane Bettencourt, most of got lucky because they weren't focused on college, trashed their college education, or were just born into wealth.

Yes because they pull black people off the street but sample white people from the schools.

I was a grunt in the Marine Corps for 8 years. A few of my peers got into private contracting for Academi and Triple Canopy who are making over 100k for a seven month deployment. You don't always need a college degree to make good money, it honestly depends what particular career field interests you.

Yes, you should absolutely be heading into college regardless of your attitude towards it.

I was once like you, second year into a state school, isolated and weary of the costs. But then it occurred to me that the only way to regain our society is to do what the marxists did.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions

I transferred to NYC and am currently enrolled in the rat’s nest. The best way we can dismantle this is by gritting our teeth, carrying the weight and when the time comes, be ready to fill the old guard’s positions of authority.

It's not like that. No degree, been a programmer for over 20 years, pretty damned sure that most people who got their CS degree 25 years ago ain't got shit on me. "Computer Science" as such doesn't happen in the real-world. It's strictly academics. What you actually need to have are skills.
But here's the thing: whatever skills you have today will be worthless 5-10 years from now because technology moves that fast. If you're an expert at FoxPro, or PowerBuilder, or nowadays even Perl. . . you have skills very few people care about. If you mastered Java back in version 1.2 but don't know the new features and current idioms for 1.8, you're behind.
A carpenter or plumber develops a lifetime skill . . . a trade. Not you. That's not the nature of the racket. If you are an old hand who is an expert at PowerBuilder and an expert at the full Oracle/Weblogic stack, you have the ability to migrate a legacy system to current technology. That's not the kind of thing any degree can give you, but that's the kind of skill that a company will pay through the nose to utilize.

Yes ,know your enemy

mandeep, stop working at sunoco.
mandeep, stop trying to be 80's chic.
mandeep, what the fuck, you think i'm gonna explain how you can be sex by white vegene?

If you got a decent scholarship and are going for a useful degree like some sort of STEM one than yeah go for it otherwise don't become a debt monkey and try getting into a trade or somthing. DONT JUST GO FOR PARTYING PLEASURE ISLAND you'll enjoy yourself but will likely regret it.

>yfw minimum wage is slave labor
>yfw they can't even find my cigs
>yfw niggers of all kinds chimp the fuck out when you don't know they brand
>yfw shift over, dolla tyme
>tfw i request some other user to accurately portray this feel in picture form.
>yfw only in america

I was extremely liberal. Went to an extremely liberal college. Studied engineering for what it's worth. Came out much more conservative. Fairly moderate on most issues, still liberal on some, edgelord conservative on a few.

Your mileage may vary.

Only STEM degrees where you actually create things. Everything else is rubbish.

STEM is the only degrees that you can actually get a job in. But guess what? If your an average middle class white person your not getting a STEM degree no, no,no...the minorities get into all the better schools than you do. The minorities get better grades for the same work. The minorities get all the help in the world and everyone encourages them to succed. In the end the minorities even get the job and the white guy did exactly everything the same. The grades thing works by giving half credit on exams. They simply find areas where half credit can be abstractly assigned to minorities but ignore places where half credit can be assigned to whites.

This. I got into all the top schools in Canada but I'm only eligible for meme programs because I didn't take any STEM prerequisites. It's amazing going down the list and seeing that not a single one of these degrees is remotely good, except maybe psychology but I'm not interested in it.

Not worth it.
>The value of the degree is rapidly depriciating
>Federal Loan Bubble
>Even in the most conservative areas these Universities are plagued by hoards of them
>No matter the degree there is no escape because of requisite classes and. You literally have to take between 15-25 hours of propaganda classes even if youre strictly STEM

Good enough for me. I'm /foreveralone/ and won't have much debt after graduating.
>Democrat flag
Colleges are brainwashing centers that rely on social reinforcement as one of the pillars of indoctrination, and that so happens to affect women especially severely. They end up contracting leftism and sometimes STDs from the by-product of promiscuity.
Women should be encouraged to be homemakers, anyway. Only those with exceptional talents should opt for advanced schooling/careerism.
The rest will get by with a regular education.

I wish they were all wearing flip flops.

No. Dont fund their commie shit. Just get to work

Bullshit, this is what normies or retards believe.
I went to the most SJW antifa gaypride uni in sweden, it was a fucking joke, the stuff taught there wasnt facts or knowledge, it was just opinions. And the teachers would twist things to fit their twisted narratives, I only went to uni to bully my teachers who werent that old really, call out their bullshit, but make sure youre not that autism rageboi with bad fitting clothes and greasy hair

I couldn't say as a brainlet. But I'll tell ya, that since the age of 18 (32 now), I've never made less than $50k a year (I average $67k now). What the fuck do I do? Well, a mixture of this (varies annually);
>growing/selling weed (just 10-16 plants a year, selling them at extremely undervalue prices [free money to me])
>carpentry (complete items or basic shapes for clients to built on)
>exterminating big pest from large, private property
>selling homegrown jams, chips, hot sauces, spices and herbs at local farmers market
>sound system provider for local parties/events/misc
There is good money out there to make without a degree, it just depends on your passions and location.

Unless you want to be a wageslave college is the only way.

Anyone saying otherwise is a brainlet, STUDY HARD, get a good degree stem, finally make it.

yes, anyone who says otherwise is either
a. incredibly dumb
b. afraid of meeting girls