What does the flag mean to people who choose to fly it?

So why do people fly the Confederate flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLY_-xUq_8
youtube.com/watch?v=IhsbhbnKoR0
youtu.be/n6uSTU-QhSM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_Creek_massacre
carbondale.craigslist.org/bfs/d/winstons-bagels-the-legendary/6333850015.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

southern heritage you nitwit
it symbolizes that time we stood our ground against the Feds. you wouldn't know unless you were a born and raised southerner and can trace your ancestry back to the civ war.

YEEEEHAAAAWW

it stands for Liberty and freedom

based rebels
fuck the government tyranny that the republican party is.

Rebellion and southern heritage now days. If your cucked it means hate.

How do you respond to the libtard question which is; What about you enslaving people?

It sure doesn't. It's a rebel flag. The american flag stands for liberty.

Why don't you go ask one you dumb faggot?

southern heritage

>trace heritage back to civ war
>"Oh sweet my ancestor fought for the north!"
>Ancestor also went on to slaughter innocent natives in the Battle of Wounded Knee

We ain't got none of those in Cali

It's the flag of the men who fought and died because the wealthy racist bigots told them the North was wrong.
To them, it's a flag of brotherhood and solidarity. It has #@$%all to do with slavery.

It represents the men who fought and died for the confederacy. Also it's momento from the glory days of High Cotton. At least let them have that.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLY_-xUq_8

Slavery lasted longer in the north than it did in the Confederacy, homie. If the war was 'about slavery,' why didn't the north free their slaves until a constitutional amendment required them to?

>people
>niggers
pick one

>The american flag stands for liberty
since when? you're a slave to the jews and federal reserve

youtube.com/watch?v=IhsbhbnKoR0

The Southern hierarchical system in the South mirrored the caste system in India in many ways.
Like it or not, slavery was the best and most stable social structure that can exist in a society composed of two groups of people with such a large IQ disparity.

Why not

youtu.be/n6uSTU-QhSM

People that will stand and fight before they are ruled. They might lose, but they are never beaten. Proud of who they are. Has next to nothing to do with the elitists like John McCain's great grandfather that actually owned slaves.

nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

i see the flag as simply a cultural icon

Rebellion? I know a guy who has a mini with a confederate flag roof, as a contrast to the regular union jack on the roof thing.

That they're morons.

The winner writes history

It means a lot of things

On one hand, it represents Southern history, culture, and our united sense of identity that was forged in the Civil War.

On the other, it's a symbol of defiance, a tool to be used against those would seek to oppress us.

For me it also represents what the world could've been had our cause succeeded. All the tragedies of the 20th Century that might've been avoided.

I ask them why they're fixated on an institution that's been dead for 150 years when more people are slaves today than back then.

If they really wanted to fight injustice, they'd be going to Mali, Sierra Leone, and India to bring down the slave trade there.

pretty much what said.
The "Civil War" wasn't about freeing anybody, it was fundamentally about keeping the South enslaved to the North. It's both laughable and tragic that, because the winners write history, so few know the reality of how the North fought to *prevent* freedom, using tactics that would now be plainly called war crimes and genocide. The writers of history books have demonized the victims of the bankers' aggression the same way they did a century later to the bankers' victims in Germany.

The Confederate flag symbolizes fighting with principles and honor, for both a country and a cause. It's a statement that while we might be temporarily defeated, we won't be silenced from telling the truth.

Sorry first posts..
youtu.be/n6uSTU-QhSM

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

Slavery was holding back the south anyways, fuck it free the slaves, and then ship them back.

It was a system designed far before the civil war for the british benefit. They could control slave trade, and collect the raw goods such as cotton, and work them in their industrial mills, and trade them to indians for spices. And only a few men ever get wealthy under such a system. Southern plantation owners were larping as medieval aristocrats when the world was changing around them.

Some of UC Berkeley's facilities were actually named after a Confederate officer who went on to be an award-winning chemist IIRC

A lot of Southerners were voicing quiet doubts about slavery even at its zenith. Problem was no one had any idea how to get rid of it without causing a societal breakdown (which ultimately took far more lives).

You should have seen the fucktards at the range lose their shit. I put a redneck flag sticker on my silhouette target, positioned as a belt buckle. And then shot the crotch out of the target. Yee-Haw!!! Fun good time with the good old boys

If Lincoln and the North had given a flying fuck about the slaves they could have quickly and easily "ended slavery" like Britain and other countries did - **by simply buying the slaves and setting them free**.

The slaves had cost the slaveowners money to buy. Arbitrarily taking them was serious theft. But as long as the slave owners weren't forced to bear alone the cost of the social policy the country as a whole wanted to implement, even the slave owners would have been quite amenable.

Simple. Far, far, far less expensive. And most of all, no horrific war, no millions of wounded and dead.

But rather than spend a small amount of money to free slaves that only a few percent of the population of the South owned (and who when freed were absolutely *not* welcome in the North), the North instead decided to wage a long and bloody war of destruction and conquest, so they could continue to receive and control the tribute-tariffs-taxes the South had always been forced to pay to the North.

Money was the cause of the war. It always is.

The rebel spirit

the Confederate battle flag is essentially a Southern version of the Gadsden flag. it means I don't give a shit about your opinion, go fuck yourselves.

Tbh that flag means one thing and one thing only to southern fags like myself, Rebellion. It means if the federal guberfuck, and bitchy liberals want to try any trample all over state and individual rights there will be violent insurrection.

I have lived in the South for 20 years after growing up in the North.

My take on the people that fly the flag is that they do it to state independence, rebellion, and freedom. Black and whites fly the flag...or did.

I don't believe it has anything to do with a reference to slavery. At least not in the minds of the people that display the old Confederate flag. There is still a lot of animosity for what Sherman did here.

Ban that gay ass retarded flag everywhere now. Blacks and jews are the superior races.

To remember the common southerner who fought and died under it. Remember, they fly the battle flag, not the government's flag.

I have direct ancestors who were from Illinois but fought for the South because they knew their cause was just.

nb4 >how do you know this?

We have very good family records. Letters, diaries, journals, etc.

I'm a yank but if the libs win the next election they will do everything in their power to fuck over red states because of trump. Really hope it doesnt play out this way

It's history.

> heritage
I was a rebal before the south.

I associate it with the Dukes of Hazard

That they tried to get their sis preggus behind the barn.

I was born in raised in North Carolina. I grew up being told it was a symbol of the fighting spirit of southerners and how we are culturally unique. I never heard of the flag having anything to do with race until I was in high school. In 2017 the flag is dangerous because it encourages people to seperate, suceed, and start their own nation (free of international finance). To me the flag means, honor, loyalty, pride, hospitality, and freedom.

This

Although I personally prefer the Stars and Bars for aesthetic reasons

That was actually not that uncommon. What state did they fight for?

>It sure doesn't. It's a rebel flag. The american flag stands for liberty.

>America rebelled against Britain
>America allowed slavery
>America slaughtered Native Americans
>America forced Natives off their lands
>America incited a war with Mexico
>America upheld Jim Crow laws
>America denied women’s suffrage until 1920
>America is the only country to drop 2 atomic bombs on people

I’m not saying I disagree with American choices, but if the Confederate flag is bad the US flag is a monster.

Wasn't Lincoln planning to support blacks to colonize liberia and central america. Not as a forced removal as they would be free men but he didn't want a black underclass. Which there already was, a slave class. Now disproportionately a welfare and criminal class.

>suceed

"Secede."

In the same narcissistic way the Jews make the Nazi flag (and all WWII) all about the Jews, the blacks make the Confederate flag all about the blacks.

Democratic faggot loser flag

What about it? Every powerful civilization that has ever existed, or ever WILL exist, required or will require a segment of its workforce that is completely disposable.

The Confederacy was simply more honest and open about it than most, including ours, and the hypocritical North wanted the South retained in the union primarily because it wanted a cheap labor force and cheaper resources in order to produce things it couldn't produce as cheaply and efficiently on its own. If we were smarter, we'd be putting inmates and homeless people to work instead of simply letting them sit in cells or infest our streets.

He entertained the idea of deporting former slaves to Liberia but was talked out of it by Frederick Douglass.

The plan was never very feasible to begin with, not with the number people they'd have to be moving (at a time when public transportation was still in its infancy).

Basically my attitude on the matter as well.

There was a whole division that fought with TN.

Cities in Southern Illinois share the same names as those in Middle Tennessee

>feeling guilty about murdering red skins
It was the cool thing to do back then user, everyone did it even the northerners.

Nothing secedes like success.

If you care so much about slavery then why don't you go fight actual slavery elsewhere.

My flag is not a slave and neither am I.
I can fly whatever the fuck I want.

IQ of 13. One point for each star.

Secede to succeed.

Both went to Alabama.

One was 8th Regiment Infantry

The other was 53rd Cavalry

>>Ancestor also went on to slaughter innocent natives in the Battle of Wounded Knee
Small bit of karma for the filthy Sioux animals who raped and murdered the indigenous peoples of the plains since they invaded in the 18th century.

At first if you don't succeed...keep sucking until you do succeed.

I am originally from So. IL and people often mistake my accent for a Southern one. It's a whole different state in the 618.

What would have been unfeasible with relocating the former slaves to the bottom of the Atlantic?

After all, if slavery was so evil, wouldn't actual death have been better?

Yep!... Know my Winston's Bagels well.

Now...back to the flag

How do you figure 70 out of this design

Northerners were unironically even so brutal in the Indian Wars that it shocked even their own leaders. Similar thing with the Mormons too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_Creek_massacre

'The war was about slavery and abolishing it! The South didn't want to get rid of slavery!'

How do you respond to this?

"Is there a word for what's wrong with you?"

>You mean the same slavery that was perfectly fine for 400 years?

Illinois - the "Land of Lincoln" - has a state motto that is unknowingly and darkly appropriate.

Illinois is a violent, dysfunctional, centralized-government, hellhole. A small, incredibly wealthy contingent has destroyed the bounty of what was once a glorious state, leaving the rural South once again slaves of the industrial and financial North. And while the parasites at the top remain in absolute denial there could by any fault with them, the entirety of it will soon collapse under the weight of its own hubris - but not before the citizens suffer, die, and have to fight to reclaim their land.

What a perfect microcosm of everything Lincoln wrought.

He's selling it.

carbondale.craigslist.org/bfs/d/winstons-bagels-the-legendary/6333850015.html

Because it’s a free country.
Because of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Because NASCAR.
Because a Southern Man don’t need Neil Young around, anyhow.
Because Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness.
Because Fuck General Sherman.
Because Abraham Lincoln was a Liberal Homosexual.

FUCK YEAH

This It's actually 136 but okay.

Most of mine's were from Virginia, although I think one was in the 6th Alabama under John B. Gordon. Died in the Sunken Road at Antietam.

Any idea what drew them to join Alabama in the first place? Did they live there? Were they married to Alabamian women (marriage was actually a surprisingly common factor in determining who's side those living in the border states joined)?

Neither did the North, at first at least.

checked

It is on the road to collapse. The state is bleeding people. Most of them conservatives. I myself left this year. It is ruined beyond repair. A California in the Midwest without the beautiful coastlines.

not people

>Were they married to Alabamian women

Yes. Father and teen son. Mom was from Birmingham. Both were killed. After the War she returned to her home in the South and raised the remaining kids in her parents home. Hard life I would imagine.

Nice get

Illinois sucks and you're the worst drivers. Missouri is right next door and a bastion of what a state should be (outside of St. Louis).

It means fuck you at this point basically

>What a perfect microcosm of everything Lincoln wrought.

Bravo! Never thought of it that way, but so true. Chicago versus the world's richest farmland all the way down to Little Egypt

This is the only real answer here.

If you really want to get under their skin, just point out that the Atlantic Slave Trade was largely inspired by its Arabian (Muslim) counterpart.

Illinois certainly has shown a proclivity for electing bad leaders.

For me it's a sign of freedom. Rebellion against (((modern America))).

Figures. Same thing happened in my family Father and son signed up together. Son was killed at Gettysburg, father died within a few years of war's end from the heartbeak.

How many children did your ancestor have? Are you a descendant of the son as well or was he killed before he could marry?

>confederate flag.
Son, that's the REBEL flag and in the modern day it means all that entails.

Too make much asshurt amoung America liberals.

I am a descendant of one of the younger brothers. Son never married. A couple of the boys moved back to So. IL when they grew up and were helped by their Dad's family to get jobs (we assume from research) becasue conditions post-War were really shitty. They stayed which is why I am from So. IL. Still have family in Alabama, although not real close for obvious reasons. Time just spreads us to the winds.

Mine's mainly managed to stay close together in Southern Virginia (I grew up not far from where the Seven Days Battles took place), albeit only half of the men came home from, even fewer with all their body parts intact.

The war definitely uprooted people in a lot of cases though. That namefag, Nathan Bedford Forrest, had his entire male family line decimated (iirc he said only two out of nearly three dozen of the men in his family outlived the war), and the few survivors fled to Oklahoma because they were considered criminals or something.

The after-action plan was:

1> Get money from Congress
2> Ship all black people, former slaves and Northern freeman as well, back to Africa.

After the war, Congress said "fuck you. We don't want to spend 1 more cent on those fucking niggers. It already broke the American Treasury just freeing the niggers. If they want to go back to Africa, let them swim back. After all, they are only niggers. Aside from raping some poor white women, what harm can they do? If they get out of hand, the locals can just start stringing them up from the trees. Rope is cheap."

As always, Congress changes its mind after the executive branch has done its part of a deal.

It means we hate niggers! We won the war! To hell with the north! Pissed that I don't have slaves to fuck in the asshole as I please, and suck their thick black cocks.

rebellion against authority

Who needs another reason to fly it?

I have a giant confederate flag in my yard, and I have a little scarecrow darkie hanging from an oak tree next to it. The look on the faces of my neighbors is absolutely priceless. And I live in a rural part of a southern state.

On the plus side, I don't get many visitors. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but I'd like to think it is, because it's still a nice perk.