Mines Mines Mines

Mines Mines Mines

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1973208/Crest_of_the_Stars.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will we ever read the end of the series?

Sadly, nope.

Space elves best elves

Would race betray for them

Who is this perfect space elf waifu

>doesn't know crest of the stars

I envy you so much, such a treat.

Go watch it. DO IT NOW. OD IT!

This. And get out of this thread before spoilers.

it pains me that we only got an iffy OVA for the 3rd (4th?) book

but with LOGH getting a remake, there's hope for a classic work like this as well, right?

it's on my "get rights to and remake" list once I become filthy rich

there's not all that much you can spoil when MINES MINES MINES has already been said

What's the deal with these space elves? Is this show about human supremacy or space elf supremacy? Or is it balanced.

>race betray

They're still humans.

The first(and best) season is a glorious space opera which focuses on a growing relationship between an officer girl of an army from the space elf empire and a human royal boy.

It's FUCKING GLORIOUS and one of the best things that came out of Japan ever.

You are in for something special. Go watch it. Seriously.

The space elves are just genetically engineered people.

BTW, I can post the first novel in english if anyone wants.

Thanks, I will look it up.

Found it.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1973208/Crest_of_the_Stars.7z

It's epub.

Is the fifth volume the last or is there more to come? How did it end? Will any kind anons take pity on us poor mono-lingual plebians and tell us what happened after the animated material ended?

It's dead Jim.

It's dead.

They're "humans". They're clearly no longer biologically human.

>first and BEST season
>not the season with don't cry, my beloved princess

RIP

Do you have banner? I got the last crest DVD as a gift Yeats ago and slowly built up the rust over the years. But I haven't watched the banner yet despite knowing that it gets much better. I heard that tokyopop butchered the actual novels but I was wondering if any fans ever got around to them.

I always felt that was the weakest season overall. Fantastic little final moment between them, but they spend practically the entire season apart. Banner I is still my favorite overall.

I have the Tokyopop Crest novels. I didn't notice any problems that most likely weren't present in the original novels (one out of ten words left in Baronh so you had to keep your finger in the back of the book so you could look up what they mean).

Nah man, never had it. Sorry.

As said, it is the season with the least interaction between them, which is just painful. The last episode has industrial levels of doki doki but the rest is kinda bland.

It's very close but I gotta say I prefer Crest of the Stars.

But that's maybe I not only saw it but also read it?

fair enough

the book was much better, imo

Given the opportunity, wouldn't you go for it if your child had the opportunity to become one of them?

I don't think it works like that. I think part of what makes abh is their connection with their ships which might be only partially genetic and partially enabled by augmentations.

Besides, most of them get born in freakin' vats. Who knows what happens when they do it the natural way. Maybe birth defects are just awful most of the time so they have to develop the foetus in a vat to have more control.

I don't know.

It has been a while but if I recall correctly they are ALL born in vats. Natural sex, for the purpose of procreation, is something completely forien to them. They could be completely sterile. It is all done by cloning.

Of course I would.

Same here, it's been a while since I read the novels, but I seem to recall some mention of some natural births amongst abh.

If you recall one of the "bad" guys in crest of the stars was a human with extended lifespan to that of an abh. So you can pick and chose some of the mutations that abh posses. Which suggests that they are not that far away from humans genetically since we can just swap whole biological functionalities.

The guy who kidnapped them on his fortress was a first-generation Abh iirc. Son of a noble human.

But what I meant was, you can only get an Abh child if you become a noble and are close to the Abh so

>The guy who kidnapped them on his fortress was a first-generation Abh iirc. Son of a noble human.

Nononono, I'm talking about the guy in the second half that is some military guy and helps the detective that is trying to track them down.

What's his face?

>Nononono, I'm talking about the guy in the second half that is some military guy and helps the detective that is trying to track them down.

Lieutenant Kyte? He's not Abh in any way, he just happens to be from a planet that also utilizes genetic engineering techniques (to extend lifespan).

They're not all born in vats. They do heavy gene therapy after conception to ensure they have all the traits that you'd need as an Abh to survive in space like they do. Lafiel herself said that some transfer the fertilized egg back into their body to experience childbirth.

Who did you support?

Space Nazis or Space elves?

Yes, that is my point precisely, he is not abh and yet posses some selected abh characteristics.

Sure, I guess it's possible that it's their own completely different technology that boosts their lifespan, though what I feel is more likely is they just copied that part from abh.

But yeah, my point was, if this gene he has comes from abh it would suggest that humans could possibly mate with abh.

But what do i know?

Do you know what is said? I can't find any high quality pictures of ships from crest/banner. I loved every single design.

>royalty or dictatorship

Eeeh..... I guess royals have more style than dictators so I would go with that.

do space elves love being raped?

Does the pope shit in the woods?

I guess some of them would.

Isn't some of Lafiel's baggage got to do with her parents having her entirely "naturally"? If memory serves that is, it's been a while since I read the books.

No, that's not it. She was a child of love, which means her parents came together to have a child because hey loved each other, and not like most abh by simply using it to form alliances and get better genes.

Ah, right you are.

United Mankind all the way !

These fucking blue elves, they will know what humans are capable of.

Is there an english trad of the books ? Does it continue after Banner of the Stars III ? I heard that the author intend to keep this up until Lafiel become empress, true ?

The show leans a bit to the latter, since most of the nastier stuff done by the Abh doesn't get shown.

Since there's no explicit scene where an Abh fleet glasses an inhabited world Bodolza-style, the unmodified humans wind up looking like backward hicks fighting against civilization, instead of flawed heroes fighting desperately against a technologically superior aggressor.