Recently I got into Berserk and I thought it was great, but then it turned into shit

Recently I got into Berserk and I thought it was great, but then it turned into shit.

For me Berserk was all about this amazing man crush -tier badass named Gut and the development of him, Casca and Griffith. It seemed like the serious and mature type of anime I was looking for.

But after the Golden Age arc some kind of naked gay fairies started appearing, not to mention that the 3D animation looks very unappealing compared to actual drawn frames.
Why did they have to add these gay fairies into the story?? They don't fit in at all. They ruined Berserk for me.

>serious and mature type of anime I was looking for
0/8

I feel the same.

Guts should be a man who walks alone. Now he is surrounded by his own crew and half the time it looks like a fucking shonen because of Ishito and fuck.

Really hoping for a second eclipse.

assuming you aren't baiting, I agree to a certain extent. This is why I really like the original OVA series of Berserk because it only had hints of fantasy, it seemed more realistic in a medieval setting, which made the final part that much more intense. However this is a fantasy story through and through, so embrace the gay fairies.

Congratulations, you've missed the entire point of Berserk that was flately stated almost a quarter of a century ago.

>read first chapter
>naked gay fairy appears

what did you expect

>man crush -tier badass named Gut
>Gut

it's a bait thread, what do you expect?

Berserk should be a realistic medieval anime. SHOULD be.
I know it's a damn fantasy but I don't like it that way. Cool stuff like skull knights are okay but Puck is just damn gay and irritating.

Oh shiiit I hate the 3d animation in the new anime.

Gaaaaaah.

DAYUM Gut is so handsome.

>He doesn't read the manga

>looks at incomprehensible mishmash of black and white lines when you could enjoy a moving picture with colors and voice acting

I hate manga, always have.

Gut is such a husbando.

Too bad the new 3d Gut doesn't look this handsome.

i am pretty sure miura changed the story path because he became bored with doing the "lone wolf" stuff 300+ chapters.

I enjoy a change of pace from time to time, and i enjoy berserk for more than its grimdarkness and grittyness.
even though the later chapters look like miura is pushing himself just to get it going somehow, I dont mind a change of tone or even genre.

what would be best for berserk is miura letting it rest for a while while working on something different so he may find some creative balance instead of putting unfitting ideas into his current work.

The shifts in tone are a little jarring. Pic related doesn't belong in a series that features rape and gratuitous violence.

The story started to suck right after Griffith turned into Femto.
I'm serious.

Please no, he's already taken enough rest. I don't want any more hiatuses.

This. This is what OP is talking about.

really , i think it would be for the better if we have an unfinished manga with some awesome last chapters than anything that looks like shit despite having an actual ending

Puck is the only annoying about Berserk's current direction but everything else is perfect. It's a bittersweet story about a broken man slowly trying to find peace for himself and the woman he loves in a world full of madness. Revenge might happen but it's not Guts priority anymore at all. It's still tragic and dark as fuck but not in the edgy way you underage dumbasses want it to be.

Isidro is just as bad.

Why the fuck is Puck in the story at all?

Please tell me, Miura. Why? What the fuck were you thinking?!

I rarely see fuckups of this caliber in any mangas.

Can't believe all these pricks who've jumped on the Berserk bandwagon.

I didn't spend 3 years waiting for Guts to get off a boat for you fuckers to watch Golden Age and think you know shit about Bertserk.

>It seemed like the serious and mature type of anime I was looking for.

so you say it just should have been grimdark all the way through without any kind of athmospherical relief?

well , but the little onionhead does fit into a world inhibited by magical beings. Puck does fit in well because his cheeryness does not have any significant impact on the underlying tone or guts' personality.

>?!
>mangas
Fuck off.

>all these people that just want Guts to wallow in misery forever and don't care about character development or story progression
>they don't know that Puck has been around since the beginning
>they don't know Guts would be dead ten times over if it wasn't for Puck
Hello newfags, you can stop having bad opinions now.

This. Plus, Puck serves as a narrator/ exposition. Guts doesn't really speak or ask questions, so it's Puck's job to progress the plot via dialogue.
He's what stops Berserk crossing over from dark to edgy.

How? And even Puck is fine when he isn't overdoing his chibi/chestnut mode jokes which have just become over-abundant in the last arc or so.

go read vinland saga instead.
then you dont have to put up with any kind of magical stuff.

Fucking fanboys, look at yourselves.

Miura can destroy the manga with gay fairies and you just accept it.

>waits 3 years for Guts to get off a boat

You made my day.

Why do secondaries have such plebeian and disgusting opinions on everything? You'd think by sheer chance some of them wouldn't be so terrible.

Gay fairies have been in the manga since the first couple pages.

Miura's been "destroying the manga" with gay fairies since chapter 1 you fucking retard.

>so you say it just should have been grimdark all the way through without any kind of athmospherical relief?

No, but how about some dry wit? Does it have to be so silly? Wait, this is Japan we are talking about. Fuck it.

I think you just need to accept that Berserk isn't for you and never really was. Move on.

>destroy the manga with gay fairies

you cant expect miura to make low fantasy grimdark adventures forever. puck was the thing that kept berserk from becoming edgy.

I don't even read the manga. I watched the movie trilogy last week and got so interested in Guts that I was hooked.
Then I realized the truth about what a turd Berserk really is.

>I don't even read the manga.
Stopped reading there. You can leave now.

He'll just get mad over Thorfinn not being an edgelord forever, though. And then he'll read Vagabond and get mad over that, too. And then he'll make a bunch of shitty threads about how those are the only three good manga ever and how even they went to shit by not being edgy enough and how manga is terrible and weebs should kill themselves.

puck brought a lot of fresh air.

if the only complain is that people dont like the change of tone , they can go fuck themselves.
the integration of the "fantasy" part was well done (until the boat arc. but i take a guess and say the way miura forced the chapters out was at fault).

everyone else who complains about that "their" berserk changed can jump straight to series like vinland saga

>puck brought a lot of fresh air.

Delusional fanboy. No straight man can look at Puck and approve.

The manga is shit in every way, badly drawn, badly written etc.
But the Golden Arc movies were good. No puck, no bullshit. Just Gut being awesome and Griffith being beautiful.

I feel the evolution of the manga feel realistic.

where Guts ends up being is never where he plans exactly, even on the mundane aspects.

The boat arc only really sucks because we have been stuck on it so long. Its still the weakest of the arcs though.

>No straight man can look at Puck and approve.
>Just Gut being awesome and Griffith being beautiful.
You're pretty good

>The manga is shit in every way, badly drawn, badly written etc.

>hasnt read the manga
> hasnt watched the '97 anime
> watched the trilogy
> believes he has a solid judgement about berserk

Gtfo right now

ITT: Some anons will never not be salty about Berserk having variety in atmosphere, mood, and character development.

>berserk manga
>badly drawn
>trilogy
>good

You gtfo aswell

that's some impressive bait you got there, me son

in case that was not a shitpost , you should go fuck yourself with a cactus while sucking your beautiful griffith's dick in your coma dreams

***,177位/***,180位 ◎ (***,*78 pt) [*,**0予約] 16/10/28 16/07 ベルセルク 第1巻 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
***,177位/***,180位 ◎ (***,*78 pt) [*,**0予約] 16/10/28 16/07 ベルセルク 第1巻 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]

180 copies?

>read first chapter

Reading is for faggots

It's started better than 80% of the anime airing this season in the ranking. Embrace the 3DCGI anime and the future CG adaptation of the Millenium falcon and Fantasia.

>***,177位/***,180位 ◎ (***,*78 pt) [*,**0予約] 16/10/28 16/07 ベルセルク 第1巻 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
>***,177位/***,180位 ◎ (***,*78 pt) [*,**0予約] 16/10/28 16/07 ベルセルク 第1巻 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]

I thought it was going to be the next Endride because nips hated it but no. This is worrying desu.

No, you nigger. 180 is the ranking.

Fuck off weeb, not everyone is interesting in chink glyphs

>tfw Guts sacrifices his jrpg party in order to go...Berserk

Not going to happen.

Because they're just trolls you stupid fuck
Sup Forums - confirmation bias

Re:zero is better than Berserk.

>Berserk
>serious and mature

Underage spotted.

Yeah you would be kinda retarded to expect Anglo culture humor from a manga.

>not to mention that the 3D animation looks very unappealing compared to actual drawn frames

Read the manga

Can someone post the "Griffith dream kastel Age: 5" Image?

Never has the OP been more of a faggot.