Alright, so this is only popular because it's time travel shit right? Erased was popular for the same reason...

Alright, so this is only popular because it's time travel shit right? Erased was popular for the same reason, so was Steins;Gate and that other shitty show.

>popular

Yes user. This is why Dragon Ball Z was so popular too.

In Japan it's popular because of the waifu bait.

In the west it's popular because of time travel and edgy shit.

>and that other shitty show
Which one? Madoka?

Madoka was popular for the same reason!

OP you might have just found that one single anime plot piece that guarantees popularity.

Was there a single anime about time travel that was forgettable?

>so this is only popular
Really? didn't the BD sold 6-7k on the 1st week and now is only at 9k?

Love live IS popular. In fact, Sunshine is going to sell 50-70k in the 1st week.

It's just a bunch of samefag that are creating thread on Sup Forums

Madoka was more popular. Sales average was 71,061 for Madoka.

>Samefag

Has 200 posters. B-but yes it's just samefags

At this rate it's going to be the top selling light novel this year, or second to Konosuba. It's the anime with the most discussion this year by any metric you use. And it is viewed by most as the best anime of the spring season. You can't dispute it's popularity. But is it Madoka level popular? No, of course not.

It's popular because it has every single trope and motif in it that Japanese otaku and Crunchy roll kids are allowed to post about. It's an alright show but like Jesus Christ sometimes with the Isekai and suffering centric community. How long before this and Fate are the only things people are willing to talk about and watch in greater numbers. It's just silly cause there's so much more to anime even in the dismal late night sphere than Isekai and Waifu light novel stuff even if it's above average for the genres

On Sup Forums it's the waifubait too

>Creating threads
There is like 60 thread about this shit on Sup Forums

""""""popular""""""" Like Rokka no sales.

Really makes you think

It's definitely true that Isekai and time travel to save a waifu is absolute guaranteed cross Atlantic popularity. It's like all Late Night TV anime has boiled down to virtually one or two types of stories that people are even willing to give the time of say anymore. The other being idol stuff.

>In the west it's popular because of time travel and edgy shit.
I would argue it's actually because it's not the same formulaic garbage we normally get every season with the same themed episodes and tropes.

The backstory is hardly new, but the story structure is out of the norm and actually entertaining.

it's just today and it's not on the same level as Accelspammer.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet although it's only at the beginning.

It's more memorable than boku dake, everything after episode three is something I want to forget.

Every show that has used Isekai and time travel to save a girl tropes has been significantly and overwhelmingly more popular than everything else in a given season of late. Need I remind you how ridiculously insanely popular Erased got just off of the first episode with this premise. It's definitely this one particular story trope and not a particular series or character and it works every single time.

>there will never be a S2

Is it because it makes us feel smart or because deep down it's the only anime trope we still associate with quality writing because it requires twists the viewer won't see coming to pull off, and therefore makes us feel stupid?

Thank god.

Orange, Shuten Douji, No one ever watched fafner exodus so it probably counts,

Fuck off, I liked it.
We need more whodunnits.

In Erased they didn't even bother explaining how it works on why the guy even had this power, it's like the author knew he just had to include it for his story to be by far the most popular thing he ever put out. If I recall the guy just wrote exotic manga before and now he's apparently this writing god cause he did one melodramatic pseudo - Isekai story. It's gotten so bad that a recent list novel writing contest banned the use of Isekai story elements for entrants probably cause they knew if they didn't like 80% of stories would be Isekai clones of one another.

but is right.

Lots of things do that, it's just a very easy concept to base a story around now along with idols. Your just massively handicapping yourself if you go with anything else in late night anime or light novel publishing right now.

Fuck
Off

Stop killing catgirls.

>They took a screenshot of the title and used it as the opening picture.
Is nobody going to call OP out for this?
OP you're fucking retarded.

I feel like your missing about a half dozen others worth referencing but at the same time I've basically lost track of half of them. Not trying to knock Re:Zero specifically but the genre is ridiculously oversaturated right now and people are overwhelmingly interested in it above all others. I truly don't know why anime licensor even bother having other stories and themes until this trend dies down a little. You could do a genre defining show elsewhere right now and nobody would be watching it because they'd all be watching and talking about whatever Rewhatever series happens to be airing.

No one's watching Orange though.

what did you expect of that train wreck?

tumblr is watching orange. :3

Don't worry user, I liked rokka too. I don't get how Rokka's popularity is similar to Re:zero's in the slightest though. Re:zero is 100x more popular the worst crime Rokka ever committed was the people who did like it, said it was better than S2 of Non Non Biyori. Which I agree with completely, S2 Biyori was a huge disappointment

Orange never had a change, I doubt people even know it has time travel, it's too gay to even start.

orange is great