Why not build more roundabouts?
>more efficient
>free flowing traffic
>pic related
Why fall for the stoplight jew?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HD-0QnUlLOQ
youtu.be/iAgX6qlJEMc
dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/604624/mum-vodka-flips-car-baby-son-roundabout-Peterborough-horror-police-video
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slide thread, do not respond

sounds good to me desu

depending on traffic flows, roundabouts can be a nightmare during morning and evening traffic.

picture the scene where a continuous flow of card arrive from the bottom, and drive all the way around to the exit of the left. if no traffic arrive to cut off this continuous flow, the card from the right and top will never have an opportunity to join.

source: live in roundabout country.

How do we solve the problem with retards not knowing how to use them?

desu enforce code in various parts of the county to space go to/leaving work by 15 minutes+- so that you dont get traffic fuckery. also, stoplights are just as bad.

What happens if I want to go left?

I like them, they're pretty fun to drive through. People in the US though get kinda stupid with them, as if the concept is extremely foreign.

I've been to Gary don't talk me like that

And? We can accomplish anything.

you go around the circle till the road you want to drive on comes up einstein.

Well aware of that, just not too many has had exposure to traffic circles it seems in my experiences.

This would be a good issue for pro-white, alt-right candidates to run on at a local level. It helps the local community and it's not something lefties or cuckservatives can call racist.

Lafayette, Crown Point or Valparaiso. Could one of those 3. Probably not Lafayette too many gooks there. So Crown Point or Valpo, be my guess.

They are only good if the area you're living is nice. IF it's in a ghetto or run down lower income, they are just means to cut people off.

You have a public service announcement on telly like we did in the uk with this one

I lived in that city, Carmel IN, over the summer. It was b gud desu

Roadside gassings

Roundabouts are fucking gay and make you feel like you're on a carousel.
Still better than sitting behind a red light for two minutes.

round snouts and stop signs always make me nervous since I have to rely on others to communicate from a car.

They are common in some parts of Texas. The suburbs nearby have tons of them.

round about what? da bum tss

They're okay for minor roads, absolute shit otherwise

telly? why are they driving the wrong way? this doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I find this hard to credit. There were a couple of roundabouts near Boston (Alewife) and they had to cut them up into lighted intersections due to traffic and because we're too retarded to use them.

This is because there are so many shit drivers on the road, not because roundabouts are shit.

Because you drive on the wrong side of the road silly.

Roundabouts are actually much less efficient than regular intersections. We just need computers at the helm.

UK needs to be nuked for driving on the wrong side of the road.

You mean the 'right' side of the road surely?
How are you ever gonna stab a sword into someone when youre driving your mechanical horse on the left?

it's great until you get stuck in the magic roundabout

Because we have these things called "semis" in this country, you Prius driving homo.

this is horrifying

they're fucking annoying i can tell you that much

its reputation is vastly worse than reality. it's pretty easy to navigate irl

i suppose it might be, if you're a shit driver

>that occasional retard who stops in the middle of the roundabout

By shooting them with a gun instead

What? How do you cunts not understand roundabouts?

If this were in turkey , you wouldnt have a single moment without crashes. People dont use signals because they think only pussies use them. I might as well crash into a wall rather than going into this roundabout in Turkey

>roundabouts

it's an european thing, keep that shit to those faggits

nah, i have seen two occasions where they switched back from roundabouts to traffic lights because of the dynamic i described took place.

roundabouts are great, provided the traffic flows are relatively in balance.

roundabouts make no fucking sense
we call them "retard traps" where I come from

>driving on the side of the road that puts your sword arm on the opposite side to oncoming traffic.
it's not my fault you live in a pleb country.

Oh you americans and your tootys.
Why dont you all just carpool so your wingman can reload you with burger bullets and bullet burgers as you drive?

You drive on the left side of the road, we don't give a single fuck what you think about traffic you noisy-vacuuming, no-buttering, TV-licensing, part-and-parceling cheeky Nandos'er

They're relatively new in some parts of the country. It's always old folks who are baffled by them

My small town put two in. One is actually better then the garbage Y intersection.

Roundabouts are retarded, we have them literally everwhere. They slow down the traffic enormously, lights all the way.

if you play this on the tv people all across the land will die

>state enforcement for going to work early

fuck off slave

It's true. Roundabouts are more efficient. The problem is they take up more space and can't be used everywhere.

naw, we have tons of roundabouts in Vancouver, plus shit drivers and horrible traffic (next worst to LA, I believe) and roundabout do not cause any additional problems

We know you dont give a fuck. Thats why you have so many accidents.
I was looking to import a used car from america. I swear to god almost all the ones I saw had burger relish smeared over the front windscreen

You have never even been to New Jersey or you wouldn't ask such a retarded question.

So you can watch ad goyim..

Whats the minimum traffic circle diameter to ensure freight can get through? I can point out 6 rotaries in my county that caused millions of dollars of loss in the private sector because the small circles blocked the freight routes to retail outlets and industrial areas. They were all built post 2016.

Daily reminder that pic related is the chad roundabout.

ha...the most sensible thread i've seen on Sup Forums in awhile

fuck you, this is a game changer

No youre not sposed to watch it while you dri...oh forget it
>(Murrcans)

retardabouts are gay
ur a fucking faggot
kys

GARY IS A CESS POOL
Come to Southern Indiana Where its is Comfy AF by the Ohio River

See this is why you folks don't understand our "car culture". The comfy position for driving is with your left arm hanging out the window and your right arm on the wheel. It is very important when you get to drive with the wind in your hair and listening to great music at 80 miles an hour that you be comfy because it is an hour drive to the grocery store. If you don't live here you can't understand HOW FUCKING BIG this place is.

test

>burger, relish
Just go kill yourself faggot
It's frankfurters "hotdogs" that are eaten with relish you pathetic twat.

>roundabouts make no fucking sense
>we call them "retard traps"

Guess what you are user.

It's a shitty design but it's really simple.

>build Whirly-Dirly Circle-road
>high traffic causes phantom traffic jam
>rip anyone trying to use that road

Also, this is not politics, sage slide treads

Overpasses straight to the third exit could alleviate that

This is why us burgers can never have the joy of circles.

My town has about 5 roundabouts per kilometer, not joking. There are good if there isn't a lot of traffic but suck ass when there are a lot of cars

How the fuck can replacing your road junctions en-mass cause construction costs to "drop"?

because of things like this. Our economy depends on trucking and these don't do well in roundabouts.

Traffic lights cost millions of dollars. A circle doesn't as much.

because they will be obsolete once we have self driving cars

Why do we even let our roads cross themselves like that?
Just put overpasses and underpasses everywhere

Diverging diamond interchanges make sense at busier highway intersections
youtu.be/HD-0QnUlLOQ

at less busy intersections, lights make more sense because between both induction loops to detect cars and adjustable timers throughout times of day, you can ensure a good flow of traffic while ensuring that the side road gets an opportunity at some point.

roundabouts can be horrible at peak times because nonstop traffic from one direction can shut out the opportunity for other directions to enter for upwards of five minutes

In civilized countries everyone begins practicing "zip"-driving when there are heavy traffic and lines.

What if I'm left-handed, faggot?

We have roundabout fucking everywhere here, and honestly it pisses me off when i need to stop at a traffic light (is that what its called ? i don't remember)

>Why not build more roundabouts?
In a word, Niggers. Without signals Americans revert to their dog eat dog mentality, one that does not work with traffic intersections. You're meant to 'give way' on the left with roundabouts in the UK, this means you need to abandon your desire to manifest destiny and allow the guy approaching the intersection from the left to use said intersection before you do, this in and of itself means that roundabouts will never work in the USA.

Doesnt make any difference when you drop your swords at the first sign of trouble

If so you're a filthy lefty anti Christ.

That's why you don't see roundabouts on motorways (freeways) or anything likely to see heavy industrial traffic.

The average motorist in my area can't negotiate a four-way stop.

One of the first local roundabouts was build in a "light" trucking route and was destroyed by semis that drove through the middle, due to the tight turning radius.

The largest roundabout in the area (two lane) saw seven car crashes (two with life threatening injuries) in the first hour it was open.

Stop lights treat motorists like the retarded children they are.

Fuck yeah! Based Swindon fag reporting!

These elements are responsible for one of the highest above average rates of accidents.It's recommended froma human factors perspective, to cut them entirely. They confuse and cause massive problems and cannot easily be expanded. People do not stop when they should, they do not handle Rush hour well because the yield lanes never have a chance to enter, and to expand them over time requires just adding more lanes, which makes them a complete mess. People having to merge over 2-4 lanes in a very short distance.

It's a lazy concept that should be abolished or nationally required on all driving tests with enforced cameras. Either people have to learn how to use them or we shouldn't build them. They are not intuitive.

Most accidents occur when merging right on larger round abouts when others are merging left trying to enter.

The second highest incidents of crashes are when people do not stop when entering, and this occurs on any size with any level of traffic.

We compared against a 4 way stop, by comparison, most people on any number of lanes managed to use a 4 way stop correctly, mistakes were not accident causing. Traffic flow was steady and maintained.

1 round about can see as much as a 70% accident rate even with low traffic. An especially confusing scenario seems to be low traffic one lane round about. If car A wants to make a left and must traverse the 75% of the circle, but a car B appears opposite of Car A after Car A has already entered the circle, then car B is very likely to pull out in front of car A without stopping, causing a driver side impact or a rear impact at an angle.

It's so bad that Florida's no fault policy had to update the rear impact exception, to say, only square rear impacts count as fault, not any rear impact.. because too many dumbasses cut people off in roundabouts.

Construction costs are cheap next to damaged cars and lives.

A lot of this is bad science and bad statistics.

>construction costs
Roundabouts provide less throughput. For roads that don't need it, it's fine. For roads that do, you basically have to build another oad and another roundabout just to get the same cars across.

>accidents/injuries
It's a well known fact that ANY change from the normal will reduce accidents. This is because accidents are normally the cause of people being overcomfortable with habits they've done for decades. You could replace RYG lights with BWP lights and see a noticeable decrease in accidents for a short period of time, as people suddenly become very on their guard and more perceptive of their surroundings.

>Americans are confused by roundabouts
l
m
a
o

>it's an americans get mad about roundabouts thread

wow it must be the stoplight industry holding this down... they wont let go of what they have!

this is why:
youtu.be/iAgX6qlJEMc

Not an argument

They are shit for bigger trucks

We can we're America we can do anything

look at the green car

Unless I'm picturing it wrong, why would you go all the way round to go left?

The problem is mostly caused by shit drivers. Cars don't really need to stop at roundabouts unless there are traffic lights

Niggers can't into roundabouts

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/604624/mum-vodka-flips-car-baby-son-roundabout-Peterborough-horror-police-video

our mayors are usually roundabout shills (with expensive af decoration)

Doesnt work well because people suck at driving. It also doesnt change the traffic pattern all that much since you still have to wait for it to be clear before you can go which can be a longer time in higher traffic areas.
In light traffic areas they are great and work pretty well but theres alot more near misses thanks to anyone over age 16 being handed a license.