I thought Subaru was supposed to become a badass in episode 18

I thought Subaru was supposed to become a badass in episode 18

What cringy dialogue.
Glad I dropped it before that.

LEAFY IS HERE

>Character admits to their flaws and resolves to work past them
>"WHAT A BETA FAGGOT"

wwwwww

That part where the nigga went "NOBODY LIKES ME REEEEEE" was definitely /r9k/ in a nutshell

Of course, Toyota just did what no user will ever be able to do. Talk about their emotions with a girl

I fucking hate it when they do this shit with the birds, feels so forced

>forced characterization to create a laughable plot

Yeah, it's not like this show is bad, people are retarded are calling it bad!

That's mostly because Suzuki just happened to bump into the ultimate waifu who loves him unconditionally.

Who the fuck is this Emilia person they're talking about?

Let's be honest here buddy, most anons would not be capable of having an emotional conversation if their waifus popped into reality right next to them. In fact they'd probably do something to disgust and alienate their waifus.

In this scene, he wasn't resolved to work past them. He was just bitching about his flaws and giving up on everything because he hates himself.

90% of the episode was about him giving up completely. It took another 10 minute monologue from best girl telling him she loves him and thinks he's awesome before he decided to keep trying. That's why he's a beta faggot.

Jesus you trolls are getting bad, it's not forced you retard he's been like that since the beginning

>Subaru exlplains himself showing he has incredible low self esteem and depression.
>Lol man up faggot.

Glad Rem got BTFO.

let me show you my 200MB folder of you being NTRing Subaru with strangers in an alley, Rem

No one said he was a beta before your post.

>serious Kumagawa
>"Step aside."

>most anons would not be capable of having an emotional conversation with their waifus
Subaru isn't capable of having an emotional conversation with his waifu. His dialogue when things get serious around Emilia is ALWAYS awful. He doesn't know how to talk to her.

Rem, on the other hand, isn't his waifu. It's just some girl he's friends with, which even real life NEETs are capable of.

The difference is /r9k/ is delusional about why and don't plan on changing.

He should have punched her face for saying it is easy to give up.

>Spends most of the episode expressing his self hatred, lack of self worth and depression.
>He just goes "lol ok i'm gonna fuck emilia and be a hero" in the last 3 min.

that's fucked up user

hype for the extra air time

was disappointed

>Emilia won
>Rem BTFO
Justice is served.

How come Kumagawa sounds waay better than Toyota ?

They're both saying they're worthless yet still want to win, but Toyota just sounds like a loser.

Because Kumagawa is ready to persevere despite his flaws while Hyundai was willing to give up and run away because of them.

He did turn into a real human bean.

#EMILIADAY

E, MI'LIADAY

>They're both saying they're worthless yet still want to win, but Toyota just sounds like a loser.

Subaru literally never made a speech about knowing he's trash but wanting to still pursue his goal.

I think I'm still pissed off.

wow people who only watch anime have a really warped perception of reality

>Kumagawa switches to "real" mode (no brackets) halfway through
Subtle.

>mfw there are people who unironically think Subaru is good character.

>there are people who unironically think Rem is good character.

Subaru is literally me, I would have made the same speech if I had a girl like Rem willing to listen.

How autistic are you?

It's critical.

>who loves him unconditionally.
She killed several times.

>self loathing protagonist
Is this what authors default to so their work appears more mature? the dude was forced into some crazy shit and reflects on how he didn't do anything in the past. it's retarded

>Admits his flaws without becoming Gary Stu-tier
>What a shit character!
Fuck off Kirito

He just sounds like he's bitching around. Here's better self loathing

You'd be frustrated too if you were forced to try to do something that is beyond you over and over

That was before she got to know him.

>Fell for Sup Forums's lies
Look at him and laugh!

>Guy says he's weak and never wins.
>Can destroy walls and effortlessly defeats most people he faces.

I never liked Kumagawa.

He's completely right tho. I also complained about this in another thread. Subaru didn't find the way, he simply let himself be pushed forward, contrary to episode 7 where he became resolute to solve things on his own.

What do we know about Rem? What do we know about Emilia?

but he almost never actually gets what he wants

>when you give the best rant and the follow-up dialog was the worst

good lord this episode re-established and collapsed itself. I was on the verge to applaud it but what the hell the conclusion is stupid af. What a shitty way of writing this episode.

Subaru took the black pill.

Are you sure you're not projecting here?

Hi, I'm Subaru Natsuki, and this is Jackass!

No, this is when he reveals that he is an average Sup Forumsnon

Mansion and this are hugely different. In mansion subaru still had the "support" from everyone around him. The problem was also something one could imagine is solvable. Now he has a huge wall in front of him with similar amount of variables in play, while being all alone with Rem. He also hasn't been able to progress at all despite trying different approaches. It's easy to give up in front of something like that.

What is it with Subaru haters that they don't realize that his whole self hatred speech was supposed to be over the top? The whole point was that he was so absorbed in his own self hatred that he had forgotten all the good he did. Rem telling him that he was her hero was to show that he's not as useless as he thinks of himself as.

Oh shit it's Leafy!

So there needs to be the preexisting condition of which she gets to know him before she falls in love with him.

Man, I think I enjoyed the first season, but I'm on episode 15 now and this show kinda blows?

He just died harder this arc in my view.
From the author perspective, arc 1 was an intro arc, arc 2 builds up Rem, arc 3 focuses on subaru's suffering and evolution.
Its really a brilliant arc especially for how the anime worked out, the 24 episodes feel like a full story arc while leaving shit open for more suffering.

Just watch 15 cutie trust me

The entire dialogue was directed was directed at all the NEETs and Hikkis. He even reminded me of myself when I was NEETing it up a few years ago. Like me, Subaru had to hit rock bottom and look at who he really is before he could change who he is.

The whole dialogue was very ham handed but thats what you should expect from anime I guess.

This fucking drives me nuts.
It's even worse when it's always a girl who "loves" a guy because it's sending the message that the only thing that matters in life is if a girl loves you.

Not only that, but he cannot take back one of his biggest fuck-ups. Crashing the party, making a fool of himself, and all in all, betraying Emilia's trust and breaking their promise. It's a huge chink in their relationship that cannot be done over this time.

Is Betelgeuse supposed to make it all worth it?

Does anyone know where I can read spoilers? I don't wanna watch this shit anymore but I wanna know what happens

What the fuck does Rem want?

She doesn't want to have a family and move somewhere else with him but wants him to love her and yet wants him to bust his ass and try save Emilia aka the girl she knows Subaru cared alot about.

>girl that is basically written specifically for MC to wife confesses
>no bitch I got a waifu that's better
M A D M A N

he was ready to give up after dying like 11 times, at least I have to give him that.

to solve a problem, you must first acknowledge it

when was the last time you admitted you were the problem and stopped blaming everyone else

she's in love with the hero subaru she's met and seen in action

if she runs away with him he's not the hero subaru

to help him be the hero subaru he has to stay and save emilia - rem's already been saved for now

This.

Rem is a fucking retarded bitch i don't know why people are mad at subaru.

Rem isn't even thinking straight at all

Rem wants the Subaru, but only if the Subaru is true to himself because thats the Subaru she loves.
The fact that a 14 year old girl in love realizes this is ridiculous, but thats anime for you. Everyone is far too mature for their age.

I like how she keeps up the smiles and laughter until he finally shows he's got his spirit back, and that's when she finally lets herself cry at the end.

Every episode he says that the things will gonna change. why do you even believe?

Behold:
>Sup Forums in a nutshell

He has an actual useful power.

Do people not get that him saying he's gonna be the world's greatest hero is the most tragic thing about this dialogue?

THE MOST CRINGY DIALOGUE EVER !

no wait guys, THIS is the most cringy dialogue EVER !

I-I PROMISE T-THIS ONE IS THE MOST CRINGY DIALOGUE EVER !

fuck off

The fuck?

But wanting him to desperately save Emilia clearly won't work out for the relationship rem wants with him.

.......... I drive

>She doesn't want to have a family and move somewhere else with him
No, that's pretty much exactly what she wants. The fact she considered it so deeply proves that. She just wants it to be genuine on Subaru's part and didn't think his heart was really in it.

That dialogue was actual trash. Please tell me your standards aren't that low? I've seen fucking soap operas with better dialogue.

So she wants Subaru to go and save the girl he obviously loved so much instead of him being with her?

What the fuck does cringey even mean? It's not a word I have seen in English, unless you speak of cringe. Do you knot know what the proper English is of your word?

subaru is a very unlikeable, arrogant, self entitled moron who doesent listen to people or good advice.

>At last I have become Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Well?

Literally me.
Except Subaru actually tried to do something.

No. She just doesn't want Subaru to give up and isn't satisfied with merely being settled for. She wants Subaru to actually love her if he's going to propose.

It was just an recap episode after all.

>14 year old

user she's 17

Rem-rin

exactly, because she knows that he truly doesn't love her
which to us who think Rem is perfect as fuck sounds insane
but jamal, you watch anime!