If love is just chemicals on the brain, what's the problem with recreating that chemical reaction artificially?

If love is just chemicals on the brain, what's the problem with recreating that chemical reaction artificially?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/when-my-husband-lost-his-memory-i-had-to-win-his-love-anew
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170518104023.htm
wired.com/2013/12/secret-language-of-plants/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because then your parents wont get grandchildren and the pyramid scheme will collapse

that's what opiates do.

Never though of that....

Nobody said it was a problem.

technically yes, if you love nausea and itching

But I love you, and it does not feel good at all

>problem
>right
>wrong

subjective

>mickeymouse_and_donaldduck_arguing.jpg

Have you never read Brave New World? I'm not really down for a society doped up on SOMA

Typical aethiest reasoning.
>love is just chemicals on the brain
>we are just a random accident that evolved from pond scum>sea creatures>lizards>apes
>We are just monkeys, there is no such thing as morality, we are just animals blah blah blah
That's Satan's doctrine to take God out of our lives.
Ever consider that love is more than chemicals on your brain?
Maybe it's, idk, truly caring for something or someone other than yourself?

What if it's not though?

do some mdma, feel the love

Typical christcuck reasoning.

You just make nihilists more convinced that they're correct.

>this

MDMA ;)

If it's not just chemicals on the brain, why can people with amnesia forget thei loved ones?
thedailybeast.com/when-my-husband-lost-his-memory-i-had-to-win-his-love-anew

Atheists don't understand any of what you just wrote, as love and affection cannot be described by their physics textbooks which supposedly explain everything in existence

love is not 'just chemicals in the brain'. learn the difference between correlation and causation.

bc incels like you would spike some girl's drink with love potion.

That's got nothing to do with what we are talking about

>love is just chemical reactions in the brain
>gets stabbed
>what the fuck?
>hey, pain is just chemical reactions in the brain

Take chemicals first time, fine. Second time it takes a bit more, third time more and so on. The chemicals responsible for physical bonds aren't like caffeine, you don't just cycle them for a few days to make them effective again. They are at their highest when a mother gives birth and you have physical touch. If you take a chemical that gives you that you will just seek out whatever form it's in and you will be depressed 99% of the time. I'm probably not explaining it super well but it would fuck you up for sure. Think about how women who have more sexual partners are much more likely to get a divorce, that's part of it.

Yes it is, christians can't never prove by facts their believes, there is more proofs that love is a chemical reaction that something else, but what is you reasoning if it's more than that?
Let me guess, god's power?

Also looking at everything in terms of chemicals, unless you are trying to actively work on a problem to solve something or help people is degenerate. People think of the world as some lifeless machine made up by random chance. Even if that were true, humans have a desire for purpose. Want to deny that desire? Have fun suffering. You may think you are smart enough, or you can fill the void with money, whores, vidya, a job, or whatever but you can't. Both atheism and theism have a last step that requires forms of faith, and yes it's related. Nihilism breeds thought processes like this. If there's nothing greater then I can just fulfill my desires with chemicals right? Chase fleeting feelings to be momentarily "happy". Dindu behavior right there, and youll end up in a ditch.

We may need to define the difference between love and the feeling of being in love.

>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.
Surly natural selection wouldn't allow chemicals that cause us to sacrifice ourselves to persist in the gene pool, right?
That's what true love is. Putting others before yourself, which is totally contrary to the evolutionary notion of self-preservation.

I don't argue that the feeling of being in love (the euphoric feeling) is caused by chemicals in the brain. These feelings are a reward system as you probably know for doing things that are beneficial like procreating, eating, exercising, etc.
Who's to say that isn't by design?

You're literally too stupid to understand this world with your tiny mind thinking humans are special beings. Go educate yourself about deep sea species or physics, maybe then your mind will get a different idea.

>have been through college and engineering school, full blown atheist for 12 years, make tons of money, have a family, but was still depressed
>try to explain a few simple bits of wisdom that helped me and am told I'm too stupid

Get out of here you filthy little memeflag faggot. Go jerk off to Dawkins. I'm happy with Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Aquinas and others.

its not you pleb, thats an atheist-tier understanding of the brain and consciousness
this just minus the evolutionary skepticism, nihilism and atheism are complete blue-pills easily stumped apron by retards, theres a reason why redditors love both ideologies so much

explain subjective conscious experiences right now pleb

DONT DO DRUGS

(((They))) do thats why there are faggots

thats waht religion does too

Easy, they don't exist in the way you think they do. You only know that you are cognisant. Everything beyond that is speculation.

This is world is not about you or any human on earth you stupid snowflake.

Right, so it's about dead matter sifting around for eternity?

There exist no point in anything which means this universe just exist following the pulse of it's matter that involves the motion and behavior.

You sound retarded and full of faith in this idea.

It's reasoning like this that lead to the west being in the state that it is currently in

>listen you idiot life is meaningless and you're totally stupid for having purpose, happiness, and holding justice and virtue in high regard

What did you mean by this?

ask a stone why it exist it's can't answer, ask a dog why it exist it can't answer because it's just exist following the rhythm of evolution to survive.

Humans have evolved to have these question because of their intelligence and that's just a part of the evolution chain. It's only in humans that seek these questions. It's really don't matter what the humans believe, you're just the part of the chain of evolution from this earth.

Does the belief you have a purpose actually gives you one? I don't think so.
You could believe your own lie and die happily deluded but thet's also the reason why asked what's the problem with inducing such feelings artificially.

They aren't artificial and I can't explain it to degenerate nihilist morons well enough yet. You guys are too hypocritical. It's frustrating because I should know better since I was one for so long but you can't even grasp the extremely basic premise that atheism also requires faith, in nothing.

MDMA faggot

But see for artificially inducing the chemicals. I can't find it on my phone right now but look up experiments done with oxytocin.

oh you gullible bastard. The chemical feeling of love is far more complex than just Opioid receptors.

Purpose is more than just believing you have purpose. Do earthworms have a purpose? yes, they decompose organic matter into nutrient rich soil for plants to grow in. Do earthworms believe they have a purpose? Probably not.
Does the magnetosphere serve a purpose?
This argument extends to all types of cycles which ultimately points to a creator that designed these cycles and systems of nature with intended purpose

>atheism also requires faith, in nothing.
Russel's teapot, my man. You don't need to prove a negative. I didn't wanted to make his about religion because then everyone gets triggered.

you're only point is my emotions are important.

Literally the nature is very dark for your mentality just live in your deluded world better don't ask deep questions.

I flow with the wind, my emotions don't matter we are all just beings evolved to this point and most are still primitive beings.

Having no meaning in life doesn't mean you can't be happy. However intelligent people really don't give two shit.

You get used to the high is what you're saying, but this also happens with inducng the feeling the "normal" way.

But according to this logic, everything is predetermined, because when hings are going fine, you're fulfilling yur pupose, but when things go wrong, youre purpose was to be a warning to others.

That's not impossible.

Then your purpose is not determined by you but by the whims of your god, and then it's not guaranteed to make you happy.

In a way yes but it doesn't seem to cycle according to the research. It seems to permanently mess up your normal interactions with people. Now if you want to be alone in a room with an anime pillow and have no friends like this guy you could probably do it. Still equating wisdom to "science". I get it, again I used to be there. In a way I still sort of am because I still don't like organized religion much. Mainly just wanted to point out the self destructive nature of nihilism. Dostoyevsky has some good characters that show the mindset as well, but once you see the nature of things behind the fall of most civilizations you will see why religion is seemingly brought up out of nowhere for something like this. To put it extremely shortly, moral decadence and disastrous faith in "man" as a perfect being capable of building a utopia on earth.

It's not just chemicals in the brain, it's an IRL process between a male and a female

Bad assumption m8y

Fulfilling your purpose satisfies you and makes you happy. I never said we determine our own purpose.

God doesn't have whims. You're getting both strawmen from fedora tippers and probably seeing utter retards that praise Jesus on Facebook for trivial things to get likes.

Well how do you know your purpose isn't being miserable? You're claiming to know and understand your god's plan?

>God doesn't have whims.
He has plenty of whims in the bible (assuming your god is the christian god)

There in no problem, just use some drugs.

Has anything artificial ever made you happier? If it were as simple as recreating the chemicals, SSRIs would be effective.

Why would you be a good little slave if you felt content?

Yeah it don't work weed does.

>what's the problem with recreating that chemical reaction artificially?
because the biological point of "love" is procreation and conformation to primate social hierarchy. i read a study a few months ago that found the same hormones are released in times of crises. so the "love" hormone could just as easily be named the "divorce" hormone. most likely your brain "knows" when your partner is cheating long before you are consciously aware of it, this releases the "divorce" hormone which causes you to seek new social relationships. the point is that we do not have to believe in god, but we should not be so arrogant as to think we can play god. we "know" enough without being conscious of it and if conscious knowledge of it is destructive to biological function, then we are actually dumber for knowing it. sure, one day science may become advanced enough to overcome biological obstacles like this, but putting this kind of hope for the future in science is faith.

In a way being miserable because you are wondering why humans are here is a potential "proof" of something higher creating everything. It's an inherent desire like hunger or thirst if you are truthful with yourself. That's why denying it is destructive. Again it's hard to explain but does that make sense? It probably still sounds a bit silly especially from a random user but I'm over 30 now and have been through all of this. Even if that desire is here for some reason through evolution why deny it if it's beneficial?

the study is here
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170518104023.htm

also, a tangentially related, but interesting read: wired.com/2013/12/secret-language-of-plants/

Usually those chemical reactions developed for a certain purpose. Having those reactions for unintended reasons can have unintended side-effects.

Not really. I thought so too but I'm re-reading. I used to buy all these atheist arguments.

I don't understand His plan. But I believe He loves us

>Even if that desire is here for some reason through evolution why deny it if it's beneficial?
Is a sweet lie better than a bitter truth?

of course love is just chemicals in the brain, but that's just the physical and chemistry part of existence. if you've ever had a near death or out of body experience you would know without a doubt emotions are far more than this plane. read out of body experiences and how to have them. good book.

Then why argue about someting you don't comprehend?

I don't believe that but I put it in case it helps. Even if it doesn't help today, there may come a time when it does. I kept thinking when I got some specific job I'd be happy, or when I got six figures, or when I finished my long term restoration project, or whatever thing it was and it was a lie. It's good to have those goals but if it's what you rely on for happiness they are like microtransaction. You get a quick rush and it's over. It's a big reason why our society is so degenerate. Even "christians" are guilty of it (see lubing up for refugees and allowing gays). So much has been subverted.

we need this guy as a pope

I don't have to understand God's plan to argue that His purpose for us is not misery. He tells us that explicitly.

Speaking of chemicals..