Just finished this

Just finished this.

Did I like it?

I've never seen a post describe Sup Forums so correctly and so shortly.

No. You hated it because it was vapid and relied too much on Reddit anime humor.

No. You think it was shit and will say so whenever anyone mentions it from now on.

It's from Sup Forums

You like it so much that you become a permanent tripfag in the Madoka general. You hate Rebellion with a passion though, because everyone else seems to, and you don't want to be left out.

I don't know, user.

Do you enjoy
DECONSTRUCTIONS

Because it actually does substantially engage in deconstruction of the tropes of the magical girl genre, despite what some lit majors with zero background in semiotics will claim

Yes, anything by Gen is superb.

>
what is there not to like?

The fanbase.

What fanbase is likable?

do you really need to tell your friends you actually like madoka magica /anime?
can;t you just stay in the closet about anime irl?
i don;t understand why people care about other people's interests
pic related average western female anime watcher

What the fuck are you talking about

Every fanbase is cancer. That is why I don't discuss anime with anyone besides you faggots.

Any that doesn't spend all day ERPing and shipping tripfags.

>What the fuck are you talking about
what this user said

Why would you immediately assume that I was talking about anyone outside of Sup Forums? Are you stupid?

The tripfaggots that live in every Madoka thread on Sup Forums

Is this yuri?

Stop asking this every fucking thread fuck

Threadly Reminder that Homura did nothing wrong.

>Destroyed heaven
>Nothing wrong

Yes.

Some of you seriously didn't see the dark turn coming back in the day? The insane animation in the first episode was enough to let me know that shit was going to go down.

Where da sool jims?

Anyone who knew who Urobuchi was saw it coming.

Look at the archive, dude. There was one or other who called it, but the majority got it by surprise.

Also be prepared for tons of "Mami head" jokes. It's going to make your lose your head

If you liked Madoka, would definetly recommend Macross Delta. Just like Madoka, it lures you in with magical idols but does becoming an idol have consequences?

Maybe. Do you have good taste or bad taste?

She's hilariously unattractive.

How many cake songs that Homura went back to sing?

Cake song is not part of the loop numbnuts. Way to ruin a joke at its inception.

Almost a hundred times

Man, I bet I could use her costume as a blanket.

I guess I'll head over to the archive and check it out. Thanks.

Her costume? I'm sure I could one leg of her pantyhouse as a sleeping bag.

It would be great to use it as a windsock for airports.

I can't recall a single person arguing against Madoka being a deconstruction. If Madoka isn't, then what is, besides NGE?

There's someone getting butthurt almost every time someone calls Madoka a deconstruction.

>I can't recall a single person arguing against Madoka being a deconstruction
I have never seen such an obvious tell that somebody is new to Sup Forums.

Sayaka a cute

Sayaka a best

Homura > Kyouko > Madoka > Bebe > Junko > Mami > Sayaka

Move Nagisa to the front and you are right.

I know it is the current year and we are supposed to be accepting of others, but being that big isn't healthy. I feel bad for her. What can we do to fight the obesity epidemic in America?

Fat tax.

The only trope it really deconstructs is the "magical girl warrior" character type. That's not enough to qualify it as genre deconstruction.

A wish to abolish fast-food chains.

I'll tell you one thing, running around shouting the names of cheeses randomly isn't going to do it.

To begin with, there are more than enough Sailor Moon clones in existence for "color-coded magical girls transform to battle evil" to be a genre in its own right.
But Madoka also operates intertextually with the broader history of mahou shoujo. The obsession with saccharine visuals, turning everything into a pseudo-feminist morality play, and the total lack of incredulity the girls show when introduced to the existence of magic are all genre tentpoles that the show plays with. Even if the word mahou shoujo is unfamiliar to them, the girls grasp the idea immediately- wear a pretty dress, be unwontedly powerful, help your friends- as if they grew up watching it on TV. Their foolishness is only apparent once the story starts to change things we took for granted.

>You'll never fuck bebe while she begs for cheese

>Implying fat people wouldn't just eat salad with a metric ton of dressin if fast food stopped existing

Huh, I thought Sup Forums hated this show now.

Sup Forums never hated it.

We never hated it

None of the associated tropes are actually deconstructed, though. Subverted, sure, but not deconstructed. There's even an index of magical girl tropes-- the only one that is actually deconstructed is the character type itself.

You liked it, but you'll never want to admit it in fear of being associated with the cancerous circlejerk on Sup Forums.