Why didn't we just build in the european style ?

how hard would it of been really .

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_architecture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because that looks like a mess.

We did, originally.
It was all destroyed and replaced.

Maybe it was the climate.

How hard would if HAVE been you fucking troglodyte

Clearly in some places we did. That's a photo of Leavenworth, WA.

>European style

There's no such thing as one european style you braindead leaf

There's tons of houses/inns in my area that are built in this Nordic style. Maybe tomorrow I'll take some pictures to show you guys

cool it desert island bong

You can't just build like that out of nowhere. the various european styles of architecture developed slowly and organically, specific to their region, culture, etc.

the Americas were colonized in a very haphazard fashion, many cities were built after the industrial revolution, which completely changed how cities function

Because Fucked up Generation Boomers only care about shot-term gain

Just Look at your people, Is this people are really same people that fight German and japan with British?

Or Just all kind hippie yuppie doodle Loser shit ?

Sure, Goy

You developed your own style.

It just wasn't all that practical after all.

You know how some people think that patients with terminal cancer should just be allowed to die?

That's how I feel about my country.

Wrecked.

(((They))) demanded brutalist architecture, so everyone would be as depressed as their shitty surroundings looked.

Because it doesn't make sense to build fancy houses when there is a huge demand to construct new ones en masse. Euro houses were also built by self hired carpenters whereas entire neighborhoods were contracted by a single entity here.

Cultural sprawl is degeneracy in action. It holds no value for the natural beauty of our lands and treats it with disrespect.

>self-hatred

We had more land, no need to build up early on. As far as architecture, idc.

Are you serious? This is absolutely gorgeous.

people build according to their psychology which is in turn a result of subconscious absorption of philosophy. Historic european styles come from western pre-modern philosophy and modes of thought that originated in ancient greece. Today's styles come from the spirit of modernism and post modernism. The "muh price" meme is a distraction, we could easily mass manufacture detailed ornament, the problem is no one gives a shit about it anymore because they are postmodern nihilists.

It's impractical and outdated.

It looks beautiful no doubt. I remember going to small villages in Switzerland and everything looks so cool.

(((they))) built it in the current style to change the psychology not the other way around

because a cheap building style in a country that is more in danger of getting hurricane'd is more practical. but its also cheap-ass shit what you do.

Fucking colonial. you don't even use bricks. you just fucking woodenframe that shit.

Except a bunch of european cities had to be re-built after being leveled in WW2 and they rebuilt in the same style.

What fucks over the US is single-use zoning and minimum parking laws. In the US, in many cities when you build a new building it needs to be zoned completely for residential, commercial, office, medical, etc. You also have to build a minimum number of parking spaces based on the occupancy of the building. This incentivizes suburban sprawl that we see in the US.

many euro cities allow mixed-use zoning on buildings, and don't have minimum parking policies, which means that a single building can contain residences, offices, shops, etc. This also incentivizes public transport and higher density.

user. already debunked this thread seven posts into it. See

kys

That's what happens when a country gains 300 million immigrants within 200 years. It's a logistical and economic nightmare to even consider building houses out of anything other than wood at that scale.

What? Yeah of course the US has a lot of good architecture, the problem is that 99% of it was built before 1920. Most of the population shifted to modernism a decade or so after ww1, which is when shit architecture became the norm.

Art Deco was also quite nice. But everything since has been terrible.

Because the new world was the frontier. That said there's obviously European inspired buildings in areas.

I always love this when I travel to Europe. Motherfuckers living over coffee shops and hotels and shit.

Your taste is up your ass.

you retarded ?

yeah, the architects are usually part of the cultural (((elite))) that experience these shifts earlier than the masses. Once they started spamming these buildings it affected the lower classes and snowballed into the 1960's hippy revolution. I don't know if jews did it on purpose, but they're definitely much more susceptible to post-modern thinking.

european cities existed before cars were invented, most american cities were build around the car

You don't have this in the US? Some of my friends live over stores and restaurants and things like that

It's part of a cohesive trend in art as a whole. Architecture is just one notable element.

That is Tudor style architecture. A few houses where I live do have this style of architecture, although its probably faked and not actually built from timbers.

There is a lot of beautiful old style Victorian architecture in the East and Midwest. But a lot of those houses have been turned over to the Negros and left to rot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_architecture

In the US, the ground level of a building has literally nothing, it's a blank wall. They have entire neighborhoods, like 2km long blocks, where you walk beside an empty wall like you're doing a prison walk.

This sounds too weird to be true. Do you have a picture?

w-woah!

Certain cities like NYC and DC have this, but for the most part, apartments and shops don't coexist in the same building

Nature is a thousand times more beautiful than one rotting stink house we humans could create.

This is very true in lots of US cities. Dreary as fuck.

pretty amazing how little thought most people give to architecture. It really affects our mindset on an incredibly deep level. When you pay attention to details on historic buildings, you're basically getting motifs from most of greek mythology, which is the underpinning of proper western culture. There's no doubt in my mind that living somewhere without these buildings all your life has a massive impact on people's psychology.

I think architecture is the most important aspect to use as manipulation, because you are forced to look at it everyday, where as most other forms of art you have to seek out.

leavenworth is actually pretty shabby and gross

I definitely agree

we do in older downtowns
it can be pretty /comfy/ but it's also godawful expensive and inconvenient. I would much rather have cheap nip style commieblocks a few blocks out of the way

Good thing that the US has a lot of that and a lot of suburbs are in the middle of the flat boring desert where it doesn't matter.

Test

just look at the archetypes contained in just this one piece of victorian ornament. Then compare to the brutalist shit built in the 60's and 70's. And people wonder why we are how we are today...