What credible threat could the Australian military actually protect us from?

What credible threat could the Australian military actually protect us from?

The answer of course is none, and it should be defunded in it's entirety. Why should we pay for a bunch of antisocial welfare leeches to man desks and pose for photos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpogV2QOD5Y
canberratimes.com.au/act-news/muslim-naval-officers-hijab-makes-her-a-target-20151126-gl9gfo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Australia is de facto a protectorate of US naval superiority. Australia fights in US wars and in return doesn't have to worry about sea trade

Isn’t the Australian military actually pretty competent? Well-trained and skilled.

FUCKING THIS I SAID IT A THOUSAND TIMES WHY ARENT WE JUST ANOTHER STATE OF THE US FUCK. THEY TOOK HAWAII FROM THE CROWN AFTER THEY WENT INDEPENDANT. DO I HAVE TO PUSH FOR AUSTRALIAN REPUBLIC TO THEN HAVE US TAKEN OVER. FUCK JUST DO IT.

Yeah our military is pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=VpogV2QOD5Y

Emus?

>stalemate country with 8-9x your population, or even make marginal gains against them
It's not Israeli Kike vs Sand people horde badass but it's not horrible either.

Lol. We have a colonel who is a playwright and says she wants to rid the military of the meritocratic Anglo-Saxon culture *read capitalism* and another one who just seems to have got there cus she's a transexual. It's just become a massive normie echo chamber like everything else.

We should rescind all military agreements with Australia

It annoys the hell out of some of the enlisted men from what I've heard, so at least they seem to have some common sense.

Doesn't matter
If you guys can't handle the threat we will undoubtedly come bail you out

This

That's scary that it's considered normie to be a tranny now. Maybe i'm just an oldfag.

Yes seriously do. Could you imagine Petraeus, McMaster or McChrystal putting a complete freeze on recruiting men. No you couldn't. Cus they're not dumbasses.

>What credible threat could the Australian military actually protect us from?
There is none. It pisses me off how much money Australia has wasted on military spending in recent decades. Australia used to be a small spender but then the budget kept on being increased on stupid projects like the Collins class submarines.

I agree that Australia isn't about to be invaded by Indonesia or China. We should take the same approach as New Zealand and demilitarize. Our treaties and alliances are out best protection.

'she'
'she'
there's the problem mate

women are not supposed to be in military, except as nurses or communications and even then I'd be worried they'd misunderstand a vital message and stuff everything up

if you want a weak military that can't do anything and runs away when things get tough, put women in it

gossiping and emotionally overreacting is all they're good for

I’d be onboard if Melbourne and Sydney got annexed by Somalia.
And an abocaust.

The military does more than just protect or wage war outside of a country.

The primary reason you need one right now is a deterrent to China, otherwise you might end up with some artificial islands very close to your territory and not a damn thing you can do about it much like their neighbors. Thanks Obama.

Well not until Chang decides your northern territorial waters are rightful Chinese maritime territory due to the ravings of some opium addicted fishermen from the 12th century written in a semi fossilized journal

Indonesia will become the next Western-Islamic battlefield and guess where Indonesia is situated.

Don't forget that Indonesia has a shitload of people while Australia doesn't

if there was no military presence, then we would be invaded

a good military is one that does not have to be used, just like a burglar alarm doesn't have to make a sound to stop burglars, just it being there makes people think twice

>if there was no military presence, then we would be invaded
Australia needs some military, by why not go the New Zealand route? They have a slight deterrent effect, but they spend almost half less of their GDP on their military. The best role for the military would be for it most of the time to do disaster relief, environmental projects, terrorism response, pollution prevention, and stuff that actively benefits Australia instead of buying super expensive, already-superseded hardware like the supposedly invisible submarines.

>Well not until Chang decides your northern territorial waters are rightful Chinese maritime territory due to the ravings of some opium addicted fishermen from the 12th century written in a semi fossilized journal
There's no chance of this. Australia is letting the Chinese buy enough property anyway, so that's how they'll get what they want. However, often they're dickheads in their investments. I was in the Barossa last week looking at a winery that a Chinese group had bought up and let go to shit. They won't be able to sell it now. Same with the Chinese buying up overpriced, shittily built apartments.

Invasions don't work, doesn't matter who's occupying it ends badly for the occupier.

Eg; Vietnam, we all got thumped, and the Chinese got a good slapping when they tried to invade too.

Afghanistan has taken down the ussr, now its working on ending the us empire. Invasions literally don't work ever, in the mechanical all that's changed is the gubberment.

Our gubberment is already owned by the usa, China, wealthy middle East countries and that's as good of an invasion as you can ask. The people aren't revolting and they're able to extract as much wealth as they need.

Our military is a joke, like most militaries. Literally work for the dole, and now it's an sjw haven. Australians are traditionally used as cannon fodder in wars that have nothing to do with us, this is why I don't even know what our military holiday days are or care about how successful (failed) their past campaigns were.

The whole thing is a joke, and anyone who's played battlefield/arma knows how long 20 tanks and 40 fighter jets will last in a proper modern battle..

I'd say 5-20 mins of fighting and we'd have lost all of our modern equipment. The only thing that matters now is drones

Never underestimate the eternal chink

Mate let me put it to you this way. Directly north of you are the indos. Theirs is the most populous muslim country in the world. When the country breaks down, and break down it will, you will have armadas of hungry,angry and armed people pouring into WA, NT and QLD.

Now, considering you fuckwits turned in all your semiauto center fire guns the average Australian will be dependent on government to protect them. You need the adf to be ready to deploy up north and stave off millions of invaders.

lold

>When the country breaks down, and break down it will, you will have armadas of hungry,angry and armed people pouring into WA, NT and QLD.
No chance. This is just baseless panic -- the same panic that has been repeated over and over ever since Australia formed as a nation. Also, have you been on the north coast of the NT? It's not hospitable. It's not a place for a successful invasion. We're pretty well protected by crocodiles and disease-ridden mosquitoes along that coast, not to mention the snakes with the world's deadliest venom in the water.

Indonesia is like the Philippines, it's not really a country it's an ex colonial possession that's still held together in it's original form to benefit those who secretly own it.

West Papuans have bones in their noses and behave like tribal people, Timor island wants nothing to do with Indo, Bali is Hindu so it doesn't want Indonesia telling it what to do.

The Muslim regions are Jakarta (on Java island) and the island of Sumatra, these two islands don't represent or reflect greater Indonesia. They want to go their own ways but obviously that's not allowed.

The Philippines are known as the Philippines because king Phillip from Spain liked the name, he drew a big circle around a group of islands and named them after himself.

This is not a natural union and it's why they typically have duterte style leaders (Marcos) because it's the only way to hold it together. They're not interested in or capable of invading other countries, Thailand and Vietnam are pretty much the only natural countries in that region that culturally is united.

Don't worry. We'll just appoint based Tone as boat sinker in chief and send them on their way

Nice overview of the state of the nations to the north of us. They're not unified monoliths with imperial ambitions.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I am old enough to remember the "Give us a chance to keep up. We can do as well as men" bullshit. They were allowed in if they could do the same job. Now they want to drop standards because they cant. Fuck. Why dont these idiots realise that just because we decide we arent fighting anymore and want open borders and feels and cuddles it doesnt mean other countries stop wanting to conquer? What do you think china or indonesia or every fucking islamic country thinks when they hear we are promoting weakness? Some stuff is juat sacrosanct: military, science, law. The country just wont work without them. I guess thats the goal though.

>army can't protect us from anything
>"damn, looks like our military is underfunded, better defund it"

Just like murrican education system

I think you blokes have the right idea. I played the devils advocate to see what aussies thought about indos fucking up oz if they have internal trouble.

I lived in oz for a year and got up to cape york. that jungle will certainly eat any refugees alive. plus, the insane bogans and abos would probably start hunting them for fun.

if indonesia or the phillippines had any government breakdown they would implode in on themselves.

Standing army's don't fight serious wars, they're used to train and support the military raised to fight, you.

Maybe the mexican army? Thailand?

We were the best troops the US and her allies had in Vietnam.

You fucks deserve all the ass rape that's awaiting you

As far as I know the SASR are pretty hardcore but the rest is kinda meh

NZ skimps on military because they are tiny and expect us to save them if someone steps on their foot

and yes we should stop making dumb decisions that waste money like tranny surgeries and lemon submarines

wouldn't it be cool if australia could make its own signature weapon instead of using fugly augs from austria, makes us look like a paintball squad

embarassing!

Met some pretty solid strayas in the sandbox. They've got some top-tier vehicles and weapons, etc. but now that they've banned men joining their military to give women/feminists a leg up, I imagine it's turned to shit. They did have some high speed operators a few years ago though, I'll give them that.

>Invasions don't work, doesn't matter who's occupying it ends badly for the occupier

yeah the abos really gave the first fleet heck!

sure just demilitarize u don't need to be able to defend yourself from an aggressor cuz treaties and alliances is all u need, just sit back and let the US do all the fighting for u faggot

That wasnt an invasion that was pest control.

WE WANT THIS TOO. AUSSIE BROS UNITE WITH US.

its even worse than that
canberratimes.com.au/act-news/muslim-naval-officers-hijab-makes-her-a-target-20151126-gl9gfo.html

who's gonna protect our fish?

Say that to any 4rar boys you colossal faggot.

Literally nothing.

I'll set off a firecracker and you'll piss your pants from PTSD.

Canuck soldier here, the diggers are legit and Aussie forces punch well above your weight

why are your fellow countrymen ITT such cucks though?

We’re friends with Australia. The Philippines has no interest in invading any other country since right now we’re pretty busy fending off the Chinese.

Australia could disable indos air force and navy over night

Most Australians think the adf consists of 2k soldiers using vietnam era equipment.

we burgers are getting the semi auto version of your new .mil rifle the Lithgow F90, the semi auto version is called ATRAX here in bugerland... it's pretty freakin' sweet...

isn't the Australian SAS and SBS the tier 1 bad boys??