1st Kizumonogatari film sells 36,018 + 1,952

> 1st Kizumonogatari film sells 36,018 + 1,952
> only 800m in 5 weeks
FLOP

I liked it but it caught me off guard with the change in hand drawn style and the increase in detail to their cgi. Also anytime they used cgi person models it was awful. This Movie felt hella shonin compared to how the rest of the anime seasons feel.

It was only 1 hour and is the first part of three

Monogatari is dead

What does that have to do with the fact that it underperformed ?

>those Evangelion numbers
Holy shit

>only
>800m

Kizu is shit. Movie is awful.

I don't know what you were expecting, OP. Kizu was postponed for 5 years while SHAFT milked Madoka for everything it was worth. It was an intentional decision that they knew would hurt Kizu down the line, but not as much as delaying Madoka would have hurt overall. The movie didn't sell badly and unless 2 and 3 sell significantly worse then it can't realistically be called poorly-received either.

If anything it did surprisingly well for something that SHAFT outright chose to throw on the backburner to capitalize on another project in the meantime.

Shaft actually had 0 say in any of what you say. Aniplex owns both Madoka and Bake and they were the ones who decided to postpone it.

Is it still normal for Ghibli films to top charts like that? I was always under the impression they weren't as popular as they used to be.

So replace SHAFT with Aniplex, my point still stands. "Longer wait means higher sales" is nothing but a shitposter meme perpetuated by people who have no understanding of consumer demand.

Two years ago people thought Kizu would never actually happen because the window was considered to be gone and SHAFT was producing other projects.

Totoro sold millions and every week keeps adding more discs.

So like worst first week than the most recent Gundam The Origin for a comparable sort of format. Can't say I saw that coming.

I hope they won't cancel the third film.

I wonder if it'll just be one of those things that just comes out with substantially less comparable fanfare than the first. Like a Lightning Returns to FFXIII or something.

And the only reason it doesn't have 600+weeks charted is because it had a 2014 re-release so the counter has "reset".

Why would they? They're very successful.

inb4 anus posting

> very successful.

Yes, and?

I just find it funny that this thing just had so much ridiculous hype, so much talking up about how it would make the whole franchise that came before it look like the calm before the storm in terms of otaku frenzy and then it just comes out and has like average popular anime film numbers.

Oh and really mixed reviews though that's become the norm since Bakemonogatari.

GuP made 200k

They basically Duke Nukem Forevered it.

It's up to about 224K as of this week.

anything over 15k BD sales can be considered very successful. Rarely does anything pass 10k.

Yes, and?
Do you really think that GuP selling 200k suddenly means everything selling 50k is a flop? 50k is still very successful number.

Retard.

I just love how there's virtually no change between the average TV volume and the movies sales almost as if the fans just don't distinguish at all.

We're talking about movies here lad.

With movies the bar is higher. 10k wouldn't be a good result for many of the movies. Much safer rule would be "movie selling significantly more than TV series is successful". For example Free movie was a disappointment because it sold less than the TV show. However, it still made money. Less than TV discs though when you consider the higher cost.

It's because Monogatari fans always talk like anything Monogatari will always be the top selling whatever in any given scenario.

>5 weeks
>still Japan only at that point
This is basically a stalker thread.

Well, it is top selling in this week if I were to nitpick.
Kizu performance is just as expected. It did well. About twice as much as last Monogatari disc. It could have done better but it's still doing good. Really, it wouldn't surprise me if it paid for itself with box office alone.

>because X fans always talk
Get a functioning brain and start thinking yourself. Not to mention most of those were most likely false flaggers which are common sight in sales threads.

>GuP der Film that high

>I just find it funny that this thing just had so much ridiculous hype, so much talking up about how it would make the whole franchise that came before it look like the calm before the storm in terms of otaku frenzy
itt: Things that never happened.

>Peoples lose interest in a serie that's been shitting the fuck out of incredibly mediocre to bad seasons in an attempt to print money while making peoples wait for the one movie that's actually being handled by a quality staff

YOU DON'T SAY.

> of incredibly mediocre to bad seasons
All seasons are great

Only Bake is good. Everything else is mediocre.

Movie is shit

Movie is the only good thing since Bake.

And it still doesn't apply here because it'll sell double what the more recent seasons have been averaging, on top of the 800mil it pulled in. Anyone still comparing numbers to Bake is shitposting because it was clearly an aberration rather than the standard, which is shown by everything that followed it.

I want Sup Forums to leave.

GuP second season will dethrone Bakemonogatari. Every nip ojiisan loves it. Monogatari neets can't compete with glorious ojii yen.

> an aberration
And very cute one

this

>Anyone still comparing numbers to Bake is shitposting
Yes.

>because it was clearly an aberration rather than the standard
No. It's normal for sales to dwindle over time.

Why does anyone care?

Sequels almost always sell less because they're less accessible, and that loss grows with every sequel. An actual aberration is something like Nanoha that sold more with each sequel it released.

Monogatari haters need to fall back on numbers to feel good about themselves. They're too stupid to notice that 50k is still a great number for a series that already put out a lot of seasons.

>50k is still a great number
Why do YOU care about how much it sells?

Why do you NOT care?

Dunno, I just like seeing anime paying off in good numbers to the people involved in making them.

how well will the heaven's feel movies do?

They won't.

> movies
Is it trilogy?

I find no reason. Additionally, it spawns rampant shitposting on Sup Forums, like this thread.

Do we actually have the larger context, such as amounts for different budgets, so that we have something to compare against?

I'm hoping for ~50k but it might do less. As long as it sells 30k I'll be happy.
It's the end of Fate plotline and definitely isn't family friendly so the appeal is limited to only the fans of the franchise and ufotable's UBW didn't do magnificent job at maintaining their interest.

The studio loss money regardless

announced as three films, yup

>it isn't family friendly
It will be the Sachhin route

Breaking it into three parts was a mistake. The vampire hunters weren't even voiced properly ffs.

>muh sales
Wow, it's like I'm really on Sup Forums!
I will never understand why you people give a shit about sales anyway. This shit doesn't affect you in the slightest and you don't even buy anything, so what's the fuss?

I'm actually kind of glad this was so half-assed. Hopefully it means they'll put more focus towards the Madoka Magica sequel.

>rampant shitposting on Sup Forums, like this thread
I would agree with you elsewhere (I mean, other sales thread which pop up so often) but this specific thread? Rampant shitposting? Sorry but I'm unable to treat you as anything other than mindless hater who lives for the sole purpose of shitting on others' fun. A shame.

>budgets
Please, nobody releases that.

i just like to see what does well and what doesn't, i'm not too affected about whether *my favorite series* sells or not

People like using whatever they can as a weapon to talk shit about anime. It's even more retarded when they use stalker numbers.

I think i'm getting to the point were I can't tell if people are retarded or are jsut trolling.

What if they're retarded trolls?

It was provocation.

>This shit doesn't affect you in the slightest
It does. It makes me happy when something I like does well. It also means that more of similar stuff will be made because producers realize there is market for similar stuff.
I doubt YuYuYu would have been created if not for Madoka's success. Thanks to GochiUsa or KinMoza we have New Game. Kepp in mind (you won't but whatever) it isn't direct relation like "X only exists because Y". X exists because of various reasons, Y being one of them.

You're only making things worse by repeating crap like that. Stop if you care about the board.

They'll do both

I am waiting for the first Kizu 2 reactions.
They gonna show it in Paris again.

For a movie that's an hour long, yes. I would say so.

>1/3rd of a movie doesn't sell as much as a whole movie

>It's not the highest selling work to ever exist
>Therefore its a flop
I'm so tired of sales circlejerks just go back to already

>delay it for whatever retarded reason at the height of the franchise's popularity
>decide to milk some other shit on the side
>finally get to it when you see that that franchise's popularity is waning
>decide to split it up into three parts for some other retarded reason (mostly money)
>shit under-performs badly
Bravo, Aniplex!
Who knew that people would lose interest after having waited so long? Doesn't help that after all these years "in production" the final product looks like shit.

Sales would've been the same even if it was the whole movie. Let's be real.

So it's making three times as much

>only 800m in 5 weeks
>FLOP
This fuckin logic.

People seem to have unrealistic standards after Rebellion, Love Live and GuP all being top sellers. Kizu sold a lot less than those, but that doesn't mean it's a flop. Just looking at the difference in production value between Rebellion and Kizu should give you an idea that Shaft probably didn't make this project expecting it to break any sales records.

It's doing better than Ghostbusters.

Heh, even Psycho-Pass sold more.

It's not even going to sell better than the shitty UBW movie at this point.

The second movie will probably do better because the best part of the story happens after that.

And? UBW movie came out when Fate franchise was hot cakes and it was very accessible.

HF will come out when Fate hype won't be as strong and it is far less accessible because of plot reasons and because of mature elements. You shouldn't expect it to be a blockbuster but it will do well and easily pay for itself.

Still did better than Free! movie.