Should Facebook, Youtube and Twitter be Nationalized?

Their services have become fairly essential to most modern citizens but whenever they do questionable things the argument in their favor is that "they're a private company, they make the rules" Thererefore has it become time for these sites to be seized by the government, where its constituents make the rules in order to ensure that these lines of communication are kept in line with people's constitutional rights?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/maps/place/UCLU Gordon's Cafe, University College London, 25 Gordon St, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0AY/@51.5256466,-0.1333513,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48761b2589462d97:0xc4033fcf6b005d8b?hl=en-gb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nationalised? No, since that would be a nightmare and these companies will doe out anyway.
However, the first amendment doesn't quite do its job anymore in the age of the internet.

Nope

They might die out but it's not like it can be argued that they're turning a profit and the government wouldn't because these companies aren't turning a profit and are only kept afloat privately for the purposes of power, so the government might as well be the ones holding the reigns.

Kekistani are you high again? This is a really shitty thread.

Would you rather risk losing our direct line of communication with the President and return to having all our information filtered through the mainstream media?

Let the free market just produce new forms of communication based off of open source technology that allows people to oh I don't know you're freaking stupid and this is done by magic

Also truth be told I really like shitty threads

>facebook, twitter, and youtube are "fairly essential"
dude just kill yourself I hate reading dumb shit like this

No they should be shit down, they perpetuate Pop-culture effectively creating more normies.

that sounds good in theory but it's just lead to monopolies and we have anti trust laws for a reason.

fuck that lest go back to irc.

you've heard of elf on a shelf...

what?

No but they should be carpet bombed

I bet you don't even HAM, pirate...

oh the normies kept perpetuating a terrible meme a couple weeks back that went "you've heard of elf on a shelf well how about..." then accompany it with a picture of two thigns that rhyme leaving it up to their followers to guess and pat eachother on the back

damn you beat me ,

wow that retarded.

No
Google neither but it needs some busting, there's no monopoly (yet) but they've grown too big and too powerful

The only thing that needs to be nationalized is domain name registration.

The fact that Google can literally CANCEL your domain registration if they don't agree with the content you have on your website is absolutely fucked up.

If YT and FB keep censoring content they don't agree with, it's only a matter of time before they get replaced by a freer website with less restrictions. But of course it's impossible to create a site that can overtake them if they also control the fucking domain name registration.

oh is that what happens? people agreed that linux was better than widows so stopped using windows or did windows continue to have virtual monopoly because people will trade freedom for convenience?

Linux is not better than Windows you neckbeard.

Google has an algorithm to define entirely simulated environments for all who use mainstream internet. The people are not just hidden by rudimentary blacklists, but also by viral blockers which is how Alex Jones worst videos are promoted to normieverse while the hardest hitting are completely hidden by MSM or robot voice shit

Windows bought out most of the developers and then was able to forge greater connections. The genius of modern tech companies lies in their subtle connections. A tech company could truly be able to rule the planet.

Imagine Google demonstrating for the FBI a technology which uses trends and habits alone to find their suspects. At that point Google could use their combat viruses to slowly take control of the U.S. and entire planet...
>pic related

and that doesn't scare you?

After the nuclear apocalypse I will be right there with you, transmitting my thoughts over barbed wire while I fuck my leatherback slag over my steam punk Harley. This stuff just writes itself doesn't it?

No but prison should be nationalized They have an active financial interest in keeping recidivism high. Which means keeping crime high in our civilized communities

Shit will be even worse then if Zucc/some other democrat manages to win 2020. They literally have governmental control then.

Think this stuff through, senpai.

Fuck Trump? Fuck Brexit?

Look at these tip jars! Leave a review lads!

google.co.uk/maps/place/UCLU Gordon's Cafe, University College London, 25 Gordon St, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0AY/@51.5256466,-0.1333513,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48761b2589462d97:0xc4033fcf6b005d8b?hl=en-gb

Dear God don't do this

Should I make Youtube account, because I want to upload YTPs?
Should I make MySpace account?

>be brit
>wanting to delay brexit
>humiliate trump so you lost your high ground to ever having an argument that is objectively agreeable.

Why is the world so fucked?

You actually believe they'll be better under gov't control?

They'd be so politcised under leftist domination and protected by the force of government it would be genuine tyranny.

The solution is either buy their stock and replace their board of directors who will hire new managers or found competitors offering less oppressive terms of service.

Look to people first to sort problems rather than the gov't.

Only 5% of US prisons are privatised.

>Should I make MySpace account?

Given no one uses it, we could take it over quite easily. I'm sure they'd be quite surprised and pleased to have the business.

>Let corporations violate the basic human right to free expression because another company might come along some day
Nope. All publically traded media platforms should be regulated and forced to follow the 1st Amendment.

not surprised some idiot hiding behind a meme flag would think up something so daft

NO.

Should you be a slave?

its a private entity, the can do as they please with their services

if you the bunch of you dont like the current state of twitter and facebook go ahead and make your own social media platform. perhaps you could start by forking a tiny IB image from github ..
oh right i forgot you're all NEET faggots with no real skill other than stuffing your mouth with fast food and collecting memes