Legend of the galactic heroes

Should I start watching this

I'd recommend watching it a 4x speed

yes

no

No it;s shit

Yes, but it may take you a while, for I could only manage 4 episodes a day and even that taken nearly a month.

You will watch it anyway. Why do you even ask

I LOOK ABOVE THE STARS ARE BRIGHT

BUT I'M BLINDED BY YOUR LIGHT

Start with the movie My Conquest is the Sea of Stars. If you like it check out the rest of the series

HEAVEN SEEMS SO FAR AWAY

>for I
What the fuck are you Jesus

COME BACK TO ME SOMEDAY

Yes, do this. That is actually the pilot episode of the series, and introduces the characters.

The sky seem so blue

Yes.

maybe

Subarashiku atsui namida wo

yah

be warned though, it's basically an endless sea of exposition but if you're into politics and things its really enjoyable

I am watching it and I thinks its good. Got 6 episodes in and figured out I was supposed to watch a movie before the main series.

It really takes its time to take off.
My advice is to Watch the first 4 episodes to get familiar with the characters then skip to episode 26. It gets better from there until the end.

Let me tell you something OP, regarding LoGH there is two types of people

>People that think it's THE best anime of all time
Or
>People who haven't watched it yet

Half of the movie is just the first episode but animated better. But the first half before that is all new.

It was boring for me the first episodes, but then when I started paying attention to every detail I just fell in love with it.

I don't see why not

too much in universe babble. i don't even care about the real world, hardly gonna get into outer space imperialism

>Wittenfeld
>Captain Blood-Joe

As long as you don't mind being blindsided by names when reading the novels.

His name is Wittenfeld and not Bittenfield? Fuck.

Yeah but the first season is kind of meh, cause they have to set up a lot of characters and situations that won't come up again for like 80 episodes, It really picks up though right before the end of the second season. There is a part at the end of season 1 that is really sudden and after that episode the show really picks up.

If you're not a moefag you will enjoy it.

Yang died in the most stupid way though.

Somewhat fitting though.

Not nearly as brutal as Kircheis's death though

I'm pretty sure you missed one of the big points of the show.

I fucking love Reuenthal.

It fucking sucks that he had to fall victim to Phezzan's plot though. He deserved way better than that.

Yes and avoid LOGH threads because spoilers.

Forgot about mentioning OP's and ED's

and previews. Avoid them, EVERYONE.

Find out what happens in the next episode: Frieza Defeated!

Are the novels fully translated? I remember hearing they were insanely difficult to translate due to all of the sci-fi words.

K-ON is superior

The first two are out (even got one signed by Poplan's VA) and the third is out sometime late autumn.

The originals or the ones that are kinda newish coming out?

The original works I think are horribly translated IIRC

They're being translated and released officially.

I didn't even know there were new ones.

I was talking about the originals.

Trunicht did EVERYTHING wrong

>ever watching the previews on any anime

Literally all democracy's fault for being such an exploitable system.

>the worst dictatorship in the galaxy was born from democracy

Democracy confirmed for awful.

From what I recall from /m/ posts, the translations go from spot on to not making any sense in English at the turn of a page making it frustrating to read or understand.

But that's all I've heard of them, the first 3 novels are getting NA licensing and sales will depend on future releases I imagine.

kek

I didn't learn that lesson until it was too late. Fucking Japs putting spoilers in the previews. btw this guy dies next ep BE SURE TO WATCH

Why would you ever watch previews

Well now I need to buy these. I hope they are translated well. Having watched the series already several times should help with understanding it at least.

I went in without knowing the first time, after the first major death I skipped them

Sometimes there's stuff after the credits, but other times it just thrusts you right into spoilertown in the preview.

Is the PC game any good?

Good luck on getting your hands on the original novels unless you have a fuck load of money to spend. The original series on DVD is expensive as shit, nearly 4500 bucks last I checked.

So wait, are the new licensed ones still the originals, or are they some new bullshit? Because they seem to be under $15 each on Amazon.

The new ones should still the originals just officially licensed and translated

They're the original series. I don't know where this user is getting the idea that there are somehow two different series from.

Yeah, then I'm just getting the new ones. There'd be no point in getting the originals outside of the sexy coverart since I can't read japanese.

THEY LEAD ME TO YOU

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A PLACE IN MY HEART

I thought he meant the original prints

Impenetrable, like a good fortress

the 2008 one? I pirated it and I enjoyed it a good amount. the music and animation is pretty true to the show, but skirmish battles can feel a bit restricted since each side has a max of 4 fleets.

It's not quite pronounced that way but ah well. No writing a comment while also writing a formal letter does spazzy things to typing.

What's stopping you?

Why the fuck is there a nigga with the space nazis?

But there weren't any blacks in the empire?

That's Petty Officer Louis Mashengo.

someone pls post the watch order?

Golden Wings is all you need

is it with multiple watch orders?
chronological? broadcast?

No

he died the way he lived.

I tried it and it was literally Dueling Gary Stus: The Anime

like how is it any different than modern anime like Code Geass or Aldnoah Zero

except it's a hundred fucking episodes

>My Conquest is the Sea of Stars
>Overture to a New War
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Watch the Gaiden OVAs after everything else if you want.

There's stuff that isn't the 100-something ep OVA. It's largely supplemental and rehashes. You can easily get away without it if you just want to burn straight through.

>muh Gary Stu

You should learn what this word means before you use it again.

>but Reinhard and Yang are too good

Compared to what? Kircheis is as talented as Reinhard is in almost every area and actually surpasses him in some, Reuenthal is equal to Reinhard in terms of generalship, Fraulein Mariendorf is equal or better than Reinhard when it comes to politics, and Oberstein is better than Reinhard at administration. On the other side, Julian is, overall, far more talented than Yang, and the feats of the Yang fleet are shown to be only possible through the contribution of all of its major members. This is evidenced by how much their effectiveness begins to decrease once they start losing some of said members.

Moreover--and this is the key point--no single character or group of characters is responsible for the solution of most problems in the story, every character is shown to have some kind of limitations with respect to his/her abilities, and none of the characters in the show prevail in a struggle without meaningful and relatively credulous opposition.

There is no "Lelouch went to go find his sister, which causes all of the other allegedly capable and combat experienced members of the Black Rebellion to suddenly become entirely incompetent" or "Autistic teenager is the only one who can successfully concoct plans capable of turning back the invading Martians, with not a single character in the supporting cast being capable of anything on his/her own."

While LoGH is not without its problems, for you to compare it to a trainwreck like Geass or absolute dogshit like A/Z is disingenuous at best and blatant shitposting at worst.

This is what LOGH-babbies actually believe. There's also a sizable group of people on Sup Forums who fell for your fag shilling but then dropped it about 20-30 eps in.

Any way to pirate them in ebook form yet? Moralfags, fuck off, just fuck off.

Reinhard falls in love with Yang.

Unable to confess, the Kaiserin is gifted by a Norse God ex machina with the Alliance commander's phone number. Never minding the strange planet code, she immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when the shoene Kaiserin recounts the previous day's confessions to the Miracle Yang, he only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the Alliance commander she called is not the same officer she fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the alternate universe counterpart of her crush, who has fallen in love with her AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the universe and the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FOPPERY AND WHIM.

Sure, the characterisation is awesome.

This is Kircheisu

LoGH is a masterpiece. The sheer amount of characters and breadth of the story is amazing. I've never seen a series of the same scope, neither in anime nor in Western TV shows. It is also aesthetically well-made thanks to the cool ship and uniform designs and the great use of classical music.

I watched it two times over and am currently in the process of rewriting the crappy old CA subtitles to give it a better translation.

Only retarded ADHD kids with no attention span who need to see a shitty action sequence or cute girls every minute to keep entertained seriously dislike it.

Yang Wen Li is really well written. You'll love him.

He died in a way no other admiral could possibly have died. He was just a failure as a soldier.

And Reinhard. I won't spoil much, but this MC is unparalleled in the history of this medium

Stick to Code Gayass, faggot.

>so mad and butthurt you post a thumbail
sasuka, salty LoGH-babby

Actually, you can go ahead and shit on it.

>liking Gay Lactating Homosexuals
>calling someone a faggot

Reuenthal is a really cool guy

Whoa OK sorry manly dudes I'm the Gayass faggot here.

Feeling better?

A toast to democracy

IN THE SKIES OF LOVE

Boring shit for hipsters to make them look smarter.