Thoughts on the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi?

Thoughts on the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-36901867
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one gives a shit anymore
And it was highly overrated in retrospect

Yuki means snow.

Overrated shit. Seen it all and was not impressed in the least.

Though I have to give it massive props for it's influence.

So, what was that big Haruhi-event that people hyped up which did not announce a continuation of the anime or the light novels about in the end?

It's one of those shows that's mention all the time and is very popular yet I have no desire to watch it.

Nothing yet. More to come later this winter.

it really was overrated?

it's just a typical highschool bullshit series

I don't think the anime would continue, the movie kind of gave a solid conclution

But what was that event about? Did they just announce new merchandise? A panchinko machine? Re-releases of old BDs? Advertising some CD album?

The eternal august was tedious, but it was also brilliant if you think about it

Ya it was. Haruchi carried the show because all the other characters were bland as shit. Honestly she made the show bearable but that doesn't mean the show is good.

The movie was pretty solid I can give it that.

Pachinko

Garbage titular main girl. Stupid nonsense daily school life. Shit premise. Pretty decent movie to sum it up though.

More pachinko.

It got me into anime. I even bought all of the novels but I still can't bring myself to read them because I know that the author will never finish them.

It was a great experience if you watched the whole thing when it was airing with Sup Forums, but it's time has gone, and it will never have the impact it did back then.

Something to do with BDs.

Basically this. Nostalgia makes it fun but were people to watch it for the first time today they wouldn't get much out of it.

kyon was the one who carried the story imo, he was the regular guy who endend up on some crazy shit, and eventhough haveing no idea what so ever of what was happening, soliving some of the situations

It's one of my favorite anime when combined with the movie. Anyone who doesn't like it probably got mad with Endless Eight, or was confused about it when they watched it in broadcast order.

I disagree. I only first watched Haruhi less than a year ago and it ended up being one of those "I wish this would never end" type anime for me.

I still think that Kyon is genuinely one of the best male protags in anime.

Some people like to call it shit in retrospect and say that it's nothing special but Kyon is a very good MC and the story is very well paced. Some of you should give it a rewatch if you think it's shit.

yes, endless eight was as tidious as it was brilliant

It gave me my eternal waifu

Wish there was more :(

If it was to poke fun at the fan base and culture of anime it is brilliant. It's also a brilliant move of destroying success and running away from a huge wave of interest into anime.

Honestly I'm glad Tatsuya Ishihara became low key after that.

My condolences

oh basic user, you didn't understand the meaning behind it, are you?

This.
It might be an overrated show, but the impact it made was amazing and it was great to be part of this community during the time.

First season was fucking good
Second season was awful
Movie godlike

North America Blu-ray release is coming up, anyone hype?

Get a load of this yukifag

>blu-ray on animation
not that great

Wrong again friend.
>haruhifag jumps to the next worst girl
As expected of shit taste.

Real question though. How do you defend your waifu's bullshit e.g drugging her friends and forcing unwanted sexual acts on them? I mean even her tailor made husbando wanted to deck her stupid face in.

Who is this semen demon?

Kumiko's bestfriend

It's one of the best directed shows I've ever seen, I never see it get enough credit for that. Movie was not the greatest thing ever like Sup Forums seems to think, but on par with S1 and that means it's still amazing.

>abloobloo.txt
Because she is a literal goddess

>drugging her friends
Can't you pay attention to something for more than 5 seconds?

>brilliant
No. No it absolutely was not. Just because it was unconventional does not mean it was good. Airing the episodes out of order was the only thing that made it anywhere near tolerable. The show had good parts, but endless eight was awful.

bbc.com/news/health-36901867

;_;

isn't the whole point of this anime to parody anime tropes?

you really don't do a second read of anything, right? The endless eight was supposed to drive you crazy, and make you feel desperate, just like yuki, because on those episodes we genuinley we are put on her place and feelings. The tedium that we feel when the episode start over and over again, was the same tedium yuki felt of repeting those days over and over. That is what make it brilliant