Re:Zero

>literally over 20 min of talking in the same location

I felt like it went on forever, especially because they kept repeating the same points just to emphasize the soap opera drama.

Why was this so bad while things like Monogatari manage to be entertaining?
Is Shaft the only ones who know how to do heavy dialogue?

Monogatari is trash get some taste you chump.

Aren't you tired of this yet? You've been doing this for quite a few days now.

It's like seinfeld, except the comedy is unintentional and cringy

I don't know what you are talking about, but i bet that it could also be applied to you.

It was an recap episode.

Re:Zero is the greatest anime of all time faggot. Just because there is 1 bad episode doesn't make the whole show bad.

>implying this episode was bad

>recap episodes
>good

They knew exactly what they were doing. This episode was just more bait for hikkiNEETs to self-insert on a cross.

Monogatari swishes back and forth between unrelated, almost pointless tangents with a layer of wordplay, perfect for entertaining ADHD fags like OP.

>shit zero
>only one bad episode

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shaft are exceptionally good with Monogatari, it takes some fairly creative direction to make talking heads entertaining for so long. But re zero has always been mediocre so I don't know why you'd expect anything that good from it.

Monogatari was boring as shit though.

This. Why compare dialogue in an Isekai LN adaptation to a show dedicated to making nonstop dialogue interesting.

I fell asleep to monogatari far to often so I decided to drop it.

Go back to watching OPM normies.

This really hit home. And having a girl like Rem who could accept even someone like Subaru or me was really heartwarming. Rem best girl of the year all years.

>show don't tell
>good anime
pick none

I had to pause it when the doves came out of nowhere.

Except Subaru is still a good looking neat who isn't fat and can talk to girls normally. He is still far better than you.

Don't you get it? They are symbolic. So deep!

But really, that was quite dumb.

It was 24 minutes of Rem losing in a really hamfisted way. Personally I prefer Beako to either of them, but it really makes no fucking sense how attached Subaru is to Emilia unless you count Satella setting this shit up, but that's still retarded.

I would have accepted him not feeling anything for Rem, but what happened felt even more forced than Shirou's single-minded crusade for Sakura in HF.

Monogatari is fucking pretentious haremshit trash that tries to pass itself as something it's not.

The morals of Re Zero are clear, while Shitgatari is basically all style no substance pseudo intellectual bullshit. Nisemonogatari is in the top 5 worst anime I've ever seen.

>doves coming out from the ground

Literally the most forced scene I have seen in a long while.

Yeah it's silly hiki self-insert wish fulfillment (she loves me totally even though I'm a complete fuckup!) lathered with melodrama about all the suffering he has to go through. All true. But I'm still enjoying it for some reason. I like that by and large the men are giving him realistic shit and telling him the truth, even if his harem can't stop worshiping or at least tolerating him.

Subaru is absurdly good at talking to girls and people in general for a supposed self insert loser NEET. He's completely shameless about openly flirting, joking, teasing and touching girls, and easily befriends total strangers. The idea of any weeaboo on here thinking they're like him is hilarious, a guy like that would be very popular in real life.

bahahaha
>>shaft monogatari
>>good

really? fucking collection of cg background with shit art direction is better than re:zero episode 18? try me user, such shit taste faggot

Yeah, he's not a loser like Hachiman or Tomoko who are held back by their shitty personalities. He probably became a NEET because he lacked ambition.

>>recap
so this is how triggered feels, i know you have shit taste user, but shit attention span and low IQ as well? damn!

Re:Zero with Tomoko as MC. I'd watch that.

It looks more like shit writing, than witch magicks
>okay Rem, to hell with this election, this kingdom, half elves, witches, spirits and shit. You, me, some backwater shithole and living in peace till we die of old age
>sorry, but I really love Subaru the Retarded Hero, not Subaru the Dirtfarmer. What about you?
>I actually love EMT

Good summary.
I don't see why they needed 20 min for this.

I had my WHAT? hands up in the air over that.

it's based off a light novel, you nerd

This bait deserves a 2/10 because the OP manages to include shaft bait in an rezero bait.

Kyoani> SHAFT
Re:zero> your favorite show

This objectively can't be argued.

Wow, I can't believe there's actually someone else on this board who isn't borderline retarded as far as people who've watched the gatari series go.

Wew lad nice.

Let's not falseflag now.

> Good at talking to people.
Dude, if I had a dude talk like Subaru in front of me, I'd break one of his fingers for being an idiotic loser that tries hard to be social.
> NEET
He's more of a recent truant.

>shaftfag gets triggered

>nise
>not Neko

At least we got a lot of Karen.

Yet everyone is super nice to him, whole village loves him, oni twins do complete 180, Beako goes MAXIMUM TSUNDERE, Puck is BBF with him, even after spergsplosion Clownfuck and EMT persuade catboi to heal his ass despite this making them indebted to their rival. His turbo-bonus to charisma turns off only when it would immediatly solve current primary problem.

>Yet everyone is super nice to him, whole village loves him
>His turbo-bonus to charisma turns off only when it would immediatly solve current primary problem.
It's not like he has actual charisma.
He tries really hard to be liked so he forces himself on people and at the beginning it turns out well because of his apparent good nature.
What happened with Emilia shows the result of being so forceful. It can only work for so long.

>ni twins do complete 180
Only Rem really did. Ram isn pretty much the same. Also not sure why you bring up Rem when this episode gave a pretty good justification for that.

>Beako goes MAXIMUM TSUNDERE, Puck is BBF with him
uh no

>EMT persuade catboi to heal his ass despite this making them indebted to their rival.
Yeah, just ignore how the first episodes established how Emilia goes out of her way just to help people.

And still, no loser on Sup Forums should be able to relate to his forcibly likable personality, which is the original point of this discussion. He's weird and abrasive but very outgoing, sociable and confident, which is the key to being popular with girls. Anons would shit themselves at the thought of casually flirting or getting an entire village to do aerobics with them, but they still like to imagine Rem would love them like she loves Subaru. They are deluded.

>Sup Forums hates Re:Zero now

What gives?

>Re:Zero is the greatest anime of all time faggot

lowqualitybait.jpeg

>now
It was always hated for being isekai garbage and it will continue to be hated for now being overrated isekai garbage.

"Hardships of immortal NEET-detective in the world of magical demigods" turned into "Retarded bitch-nigga goes in circles and whines while more interesting stuff is hardly shown".

>but they still like to imagine Rem would love them like she loves Subaru. They are deluded.

Please don't shit on my dreams user. They're all that stands between me and the noose I leave hanging in my closet.

>Sup Forums hates it

Yeah. That's why there were like 100 fucking threads on Sup Forums when this last episode aired. Because everyone hates it and nobody cares to watch it.

This, he's the typical "loser" protagonist who's still liked and attracts girls, much like Hollywood "losers" aren't that bad because most people can only tolerate them this way. But normalfags don't know any better so they pretend to know what they're talking about.

>implying Sup Forums doesnt watch shows it hates

We can't properly shit on bad shows if we don't watch them.

Sup Forums likes waifu wars.

God, yes, it was by far the worst episode for this reason

I still like Re:Zero but that was the laziest shit

>a badly written waifubait who could accept someone as pathetic as you
>best anything

Sup Forums is obsessed with it right now but it's flavor of the month riding the popularity of it's waifus, it will be rightfully forgotten about when it's over.

>waifubait
Nice buzzword, Sup Forumsro.

Don't forget the shameful waifubait.

>Hey, this episode had literally 0 effort put into direction or adapting the work to fit the medium, might as well have been an audio drama

>LOL UR ATTENTAN SPAEN IS 3SHORT UR SO DUM 4 NOT LIEKN UNANIMAATD ANIMASHUN

>And having a girl like Rem who could accept even someone like Subaru or me was really heartwarming. Rem best girl of the year all years.

Here lies the average Remfags. Just a fucking faggot who will accept whatever shit love him as his waifu. Because this little virgin faggot don't know, was an Alpha man means.

This little faggot don't even know what best girl means.

>buzzword
Nice buzzword, plebbit.

yeaaaaaaaaaah I liked the episode and that was still just flat out bad.

>he's the typical "loser" protagonist who's still liked and attracts girls

Besides Rem, what girls has he attracted?

It was the best episode so far, If you signed on for action you picked the wrong series.

It was like watching a fucking soup-opera.

I always love it when someone points out that half to female cast either thinks he's pathetic or hates him. It's weird how many people forget.

Symbolism isn't always about being deep, and this was about as unsubtle a symbol for hope and redemption as it gets. You've got a fucking light beaming from the heavens and everything. The only way it could be less subtle is if she had a halo and sprouted wings right then and there.
>>sorry, but I really love Subaru the Retarded Hero
Not quite. Like everything else in the episode, that was about hope. If a dirtfarmer was really what he wanted to be, she'd have agreed in an instant.

>not liking soap opera tier dialogue with doves coming out of the fucking ground means i signed for action

ok

>>I felt like it went on forever, especially because they kept repeating the same points just to emphasize the soap opera drama.
so it's like reading typemoon shit?

No, I cant remember the last time they mentioned seafood.

It was a pretty boring episode what could've been summed up in 5 mins. So much for that hype of it and people didn't even notice that Puck mentioned the whale being gluttony to busy dealing with the fact Subaru chose best girl.

It's been more action than romance, so don't get what you're trying to say

As far as we've seen on the anime.

Monogatari is written by a good author.

Because Shinbou always adds flourish to his shots, and shoots from interesting angles, not switching between two profile shots back and forth

This guy must be pretty good though for the amount of success he's getting for just starting it

Were you not here two days ago? Sup Forums loved it, the sheer positive reactions drowned the naysayers who then resorted to thread-spamming in an attempt to get Re:Zero discussion banned. Now that the praise died down the salty contrarians are up and running.

He's certainly tapped into some sort of market, but not anything substantial. It's unlikely that this will have long term notoriety as anything other than the show that normalfags spammed the fuck out of.

Greycat doesn't seem to write good SoL scenes. The extra chapters didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.

You people always need something to complain about. Yes, the episode was poorly paced. Yes it was literally 20+ minutes of two people talking, but no it didn't feel like forever. It was very badly needed and it was executed very well. Toyota is suppose to be an autistic man-boy NEET on the edge of a complete mental breakdown and Rem can see signs of it happening. Did it go a little overboard with feelings into the territory of unrealistic dialogue? Yes, but it was very forgivable given the circumstances.

Rem just wanted him to not run away and face the problem and didn't sense anything when he literally had a breakdown in front her

>Dude, if I had a dude talk like Subaru in front of me, I'd break one of his fingers for being an idiotic loser that tries hard to be social.
I really wonder who's the antisocial one here

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Satella is best girl.

>Satella will never stroke your heart and face with her shadowy embrace
>Satella will never smother you with her dark stench
>Satella will never love you unconditionally

Why does life have to be this way?

ayy

Rem couldn't sense he was breaking down because he was already broken and having a mental breakdown right in front of her. The episode could've been done better and summed up quicker than majority of the episode.

Someone needs to find out what the stench smells like.

Satella will never be mean to you and betray you. She is the reason he's still alive anyway he essiantly owes everything to her but yeah Satella best girl

I still think that subaru saying that he loves Emilia after all that happened doesn't make sense. Must be the witch's spell then.

>while things like Monogatari manage to be entertaining
Being boring as shit and long winded is the major reason it gets shat on though.

Please give me the reasoning as to why it doesn't make sense. The whole reason Rem loves him is because she got saved by him. The exact same reason he loves Emilia so if that doesn't make sense then neither does the theory he should be with Rem

Love doesn't make sense, son, or in this case, teenage infatuation.

Well when I said Rem can see signs of it I mean that as a way to justify Rem's part in that heart to heart they were having. I meant that over the past few days from her perspective Toyota has been very on edge, so it makes sense that it played out how it did.

Could it have been summed up quicker? Yeah, probably. Would that necessarily make the episode better? Maybe, I could see that being the case. Would that make the anime adaption as a whole better? No I think you have to pace the suffering and we've been on a long ride. A long healing session was overdue and the 20 minutes was forgivable and went by very fast because of it. Maybe it would be more annoying if you binge watched up to episode 18 instead of trudging through the suffering.

Shitty writing.

>the 20 minutes was forgivable
Not when they made a big deal out of how much air time the episode was getting

It was good to improve there relationship and help build his stability up and mentality. I've been watching it weekly and it's been suffering enough with these cliff hangers and hype endings. I mostly didn't enjoy it because I enjoy seeing all how the enemies and others interactions and watching how he changes what he says or interacts with instead of just talking about a relationship that she even knew wasn't going to happen. I like the points you've made though

Adding on to what I said like the other user mentioned they way overhyped it for something majestic and awesome instead was just literal talk for 20 minutes

Rem murdered him multiple times and also treated him like shit until recently.

she only killed him once