Ok fags, I'm bored and also kind of interested in what you guys think about the topic of abortion...

Ok fags, I'm bored and also kind of interested in what you guys think about the topic of abortion. Hoping that all the autists in America are asleep besides me so I can get some international perspective.

As for my own opinion on things, I think abortion is morally unjustifiable.

But who gives a fuck what I think, I'm just interested in what you think.

Also to all the shitlords out there, keep that utilitarianist bullshit out of this thread. Immanuel Kant BTFO mainstream consequentialism, and Bentham is a dumbass motherfucker (an English philosopher? Get that shit out of here).

Shouldn't be used as an exit from responsibility for your actions.
If a women happens to get raped it should be acceptable to have access to the services and counselling, Not for the neighbourhood dengenerate to keep having over and over again.

Abortion is murder, pure and simple.

Abortion should be prohibited for whites, and encouraged for all others.

why would i deny genetic trash and non whites the privilege of aborting their own?
i'd open as many abortion clinics as possible.

There's no such thing as souls.

I'm against abortion being legal because I'm a believer in human rights.

Merely being a member of the human species is a big deal, in my opinion.

I've never really heard a decent argument in favor of abortion. Pro-choicers don't seem to have any sense of consistency. They claim that a fetus is just some cells, then they also say that abortion is a difficult decision for a woman.

Why would it be a difficult decision if it's just a bundle of cells?

Their arguments are all stupid.

Unless it is a retarded baby

In days past they drowned retarded babies. I guess abortion is more humane.

In case of rape where it is proven beyond a reason of a doubt and not the girl just wanting to escape the consequences of consenting to sex.

Or if it can be proven that the child is so genetically defective that it would be a huge drain on society. Caring for a deformed child/down syndrome or a retard is a fucking hell sentence. Or if the mother is in danger of dying.

Otherwise abortion is fucking wrong. Aborting just because "But I did not plan for this by consenting to sex" is fucking stupid.

anyone else?

Sup Forums is 50/50 on the issue.

I'm okay with it. Anything past the first trimester though is pretty questionable (unless it's deformed, genetic mutation, retarded, etc.). 12 weeks to decide and get an abortion should be enough.

Replying in my own thread, fucking come at me

I'm also confused as to how exactly people think the argument from "bodily autonomy" favors the mother. Keep in mind, most current ethics boards essentially use the formula for evaluating the morality of an action layer out by Immanuel Kant in The Groundwork for the Metaphysic of Morality. Essentially it requires that the intent of your action can be applied universally as a moral law.

Bodily autonomy can only be phrased meaningfully as the ability to do what one pleases with one's own body without impeding the life, liberty, and happiness of others. Otherwise it's nearly impossible to apply as a universal law. But this also immediately paints abortion as fundamentally immoral, since it is in violation of the aforementioned moral law. A mother would have to willingly act in a way that would impede the bodily autonomy of the child inside her in order to get an abortion.

Just food for thought.

I agree that an unborn has no personhood. I understand, if a child were born with birth defects and causes issues for the mother, there may be a case to consider. This is an insignificant outlier. It is morally objectionable; in a bigger picture, a massive influx of multicultural, diverse, or non-integrable foreigners will reshape and redefine cultural values, esp. in Western democratic republics. Multiculturalism causes crime, and, crime causes poverty. The only acceptable safe abortion, although not on any ethical basis, is a time in which no immigration or asylum seekers (refugee crisis) takes place; in fact, illegal immigration makes the above consideration obsolete.

GTFO with that consequentialist bullshit. The consequences of performing the most moral act are irrelevant to the intent of the action in the first place. Retroactive morality is fucking pointless

I'm all for abortion, the more of it the better. I wish I had been aborted.

Just cut that shit out bubba! It's like cancer when you think about it!

For real though. What has always pissed me off about this discussion that people are always either COMPLETELY FOR, or COMPLETELY AGAINST. And it's always for reasons of being GOOD, MORAL AND PROPER. But from different moral perspectives.

The way I see it, let them cut it out while it's still a lizard thing rather than something reminding of a human. 8 weeks? 12? You'd have to be a complete troglodyte to not get a test after the first missed period.

After that, it's just carelessness and blazing idiocy and the woman should be aborted right along with the child. Because the bint is too stupid to live anyway, and the kid would be just more trash.

You say they are irrelevant. What you consider relevant is not important. There is a point, obvious to be missed if you are short-sighted.

Abortion after the first term is murder, hence I'm against it
First term abortion i'm not sure about, at the very least I think both parents have to consent to the procedure.

Consequentialism is, by it's very nature, retroactive. How is that a fucking helpful moral framework I'd you don't know whether or not what you did is moral until after you did it? It provides a framework where each person's personal values make arriving at an objective conclusion impossible, except for the times when the universally agreed upon choice is so nuanced that it's pointless.

Planned Parenthood has killed more black people than sickle cell and KFC combined. I say let it ride.

It's a difficult decisions because you can have intense feelings towards and hugely important plans regarding what is simply a ball of cells. You fucking autist

It is helpful, as morals are lessons learned, which comes after the fact. I do not think philosophic navel-gazing would get you far.

Every time you jerk off your wasting life.. people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Abortion ofc should remain legal, if you are going to have a retard baby it is better to delete the shitbag before it comes out alive screaming all handicapped and shit.

I'm ok with infant exposure, but I'm not cool with giving women any choice in the matter only the father. Like how the Romans operated. Also all bastards without fathers should be aborted. Most abortions are for killing black bastards so overall it's a net positive.