Has Gen Urobuchi tanked himself by putting so much personal stake on Thunderbolt Fantasy?

Has Gen Urobuchi tanked himself by putting so much personal stake on Thunderbolt Fantasy?

Literally nobody watches the show. Everybody is wishing for Madoka Magica Season 2 but it seems Gen is treating this Thunderbolt thing as his pet project somehow.

The fuck is that? Looks like a moving doll top kek

Well, it IS a moving doll

It's really dolls.
Urobuchi said that he's interested in these doll stuff in interview.
Btw those are traditional Taiwanese dolls, sorry don't know whait's called in English.

The gore sound effects are super generic but i my jaw was dropped for the small part i watched since its just so unique.

I watch it, and it's awesome.

>he's interested in these doll stuff

the man is lost
RIP

>Literally nobody watches the show.
So you know everyone? Doesn't get discussed here much because it's not anime.

Wasn't this actually doing really well in Taiwan or something?

I watch the show. Its amazing desu.
And because i watch it that means its popular. Cause im a celebrity

The effects are pretty cool. I agree the whole doll thing is weird but I prefer it to bad animation or shit choreography like Hitori no Shita or Endride.

Based memebutcher

Typical guy who gets into magical girls, pretend it's actually for the fights, but ultimately accepts he truth

Yes it is. I am a Taiwanese, my family and friends enjoy the show and are happy about the fact that it finally be noticed by, uh, influential people.
This kind of show is called Glove puppetry, it's a traditional type of entertainment but nowadays nobody watches this kind of show except elderly.
I am glad that foreigners actually appreciate the show, personally.

>get a taste of TM dollarydoos
>try to make something like it
>don't feel like drawing though
B U T C H E R E D

>Doesn't get discussed here much because it's not anime.
This. The show is actually pretty good, but mods delete our threads so you don't see them too often.

>Everybody is wishing for Madoka Magica Season 2
Who is asking for this? I want to tell them to fuck off.

>Everybody is wishing for Madoka Magica Season 2
Is this really true, considering Rebellion happened ?

Is no one telling Urobuchi that Madoka Magica is his popular work?

Even if everyone hates Madoka now, it still made him a lot of money. The studio just doesn't care or what? When will Homura make love to me again?

Isn't that just more of a reason to want a sequel, considering Rebellion ended on a cliffhanger? Anyway, I haven't seen anyone wishing for a season 2, but for a sequel movie. Which seems to already be in the works, by the way.

Rebellion was extremely popular in Japan. The only ones that hate Madoka now are a minority of western fans, why would Urobuchi give a shit? Even here most people seem to like rebellion whenever we have a thread about it.

Code Geass made a lot of money and it took fifty years and a complete change of staff to get a "prequel" made

Not everything is built from the ground to be a franchise. Not everything needs to be a franchise. Butchy Gen should do whatever he's interested in.

If someone else wants to do postmodern magical girls than let them have it. That's how it works for Precure and it uh... works... fine... in terms of financial success, anyway.

I meant by this that considering how god awful Rebellion was, I would be suprised that people would have faith in a season 2 with the butcher involved.

But Rebellion is the best thing to have happened to Madoka Magica.

If a second season happens, I'd rather it be a prequel featuring historical figures as magical girls

Cleopatra
Joan of Arc
Abe Lincoln's wacky wife
Mandatory Japanese One I Don't Know Japanese History Well Enough To Know Anyone Not Oda Nobunaga

It seems pretty popular in Japan, as far as puppet shows go anyway. And the west doesn't matter. Though a bunch of people on this board do watch it. ANN is also shilling it.

They made a sequel to Team America?

Are you kidding? It's huge in Japan, they're eating it right up. It's a great show that's great beyond simply being different.

I never particularly cared about Madoka.
Thunderbolt Fantasy is fun and renewed my interest in wuxia.

I want to fuck this doll

I would watch this if it was 2d instead of barbie doll shit

>you will never eat doll food this good

>Cleopatra
>magical girl
>39 years old

Magical girls not obliged to die in a few years.

>Rebellion was extremely popular in Japan
Are you sure? It feels like the fan base shrunk after the movie, and those that stick around seem demoralized or even hostile.

>The only ones that hate Madoka now are a minority of western fans
A minority might vocally hate it, but the majority seem to have just become disinterested.

It's one of the highest grossing anime films of all time. From wikipedia
>The film has earned 2.08 billion yen in the Japanese box office, breaking the previous record of 1.93 billion yen, held by K-On! the Movie for a film based on a late-night anime television series

You need to remember that the TV series was 5 years ago, and Rebellion was 3 years ago. Not a lot of anime actually stays relevant for that long. Despite that, Madoka is still one of the most popular anime in Japan.

She never made love to you user. That was all in your head.

Fuck, that's why I never see threads anymore. Stupid mods, the threads were how I knew the new episode was out.

She's a cute doll.

>Are you sure? It feels like the fan base shrunk after the movie
That's just because the threads on Sup Forums are horrible, filled with retarded tripfag circlejerking on one hand, and ACK-kun single-handedly hijacking every single thread on the other.
I'm a huge Madofag and I stopped participating in them long ago. There are probably others like me.

dolls != puppets

When do Matt Stone and Trey Parker do the dub?

>it's huge in Japan
Say no one ever, the jap simple doesn't give a shit about it. Only taiwanese shit like you still shilling this crap

It's make a lot of money unlike thunderflop fagtasy

Says (You), my Twitter lights up with the Japanese artists I follow talking about the show every time a new episode airs.

>It's huge in Japan, they're eating it right up
Why does the fan of this show are so delusional?

>my Twitter lights up with the Japanese artists I follow talking about the show every time a new episode airs
This is sad

>be taiwan
>be weeaboo
>follow jap artist on Twitter
>he talk about it so the jap must love it to death aaaaaaaaaaaaa
lol okay

>compared madoshit to thundershit
One make money and one doesn't