Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1622

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneselevelup.com/item-store/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder that WaniKani is the best. It teaches you 2000 Kanji and 6600 Vocab words and even ensures you never get overworked by a massive amount of reviews.

Why aren't you taking advantage of the opportunity that you have? You have an opportunity right now that you will probably never have again. A lot of NEETs are acting like they're going to be NEETs for the rest of their life and they're studying Japanese at a leisurely pace, but you probably won't be a NEET in a few years from now.

You have to grind hard now and get everything you can get out of these years of having no responsibilities or obligations to take up your study time. What's worse than not learning Japanese is having this opportunity of a lifetime of being a NEET and then still not learning Japanese because you wasted your NEET years by taking it easy. That's far worse. At least normal people can say that their work hours took away their study time and that's why they never learned Japanese. NEETs can't say that, you have all of the time in the world right now.

You should be studying at least three times as long as the average normal and employed person. There's no excuse for anything less and if you do less than that then you're going to hate yourself when this opportunity is no longer here.

今日も一日がんばるこもしれぞい!

Glad someone finally decided to make the damn thread

Daily reminder that ReAdInG is always better than any SRS

I finished my hour of mandarin reps
Time to watch raw anime for hours on end

I'm not a NEET alright, and I do 30 words + grammar every day.

Time spent shitposting is time spent not studying. If you're about to engage in a silly argument or off-topic discussion, close the thread instead. Use your time productively!

Persistence is the key to success. You CAN learn Japanese!

Sadly there's nothing good this season aside from Active Raid. I can't watch the other crap.

>You CAN learn Japanese!
way ahead of you my friend

>Not a neet
>Thinking you can できる

The hipster factor wanikani goes for is just disgusting

re life was kinda fun but it's already all available, and re zero is still entertaining

but there's always a backlog

I'm nearing the end of where I can improve significantly from anime anyway

I wish there was a good drama this season

just learned that the kani in wanikani stands for 蟹

罠悲

Funnily enough you don't even unlock that kanji until wanikani level 32 genki II chapter 66 section e4

>Sadly there's nothing good this season aside from Active Raid
False, try getting some actual taste you shit eating retard.

足を向けて寝られない

well this is interesting

>been up for 6 hours
>still haven't started my reps

Don't even bother doing them, frog

Who are you quoting?

Today I did Anki for 35 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Not your blog

This a new epic meme?

Should've read Anki for 4 hours and 20 minutes.

I managed to pass JLPT N5 without being able to string a single sentence together.

How can I move from SRS junkie to functioning member of society?

lurk more

Read through successive levels of JLPT textbooks until you reach fluency

You don't need to be able to string sentences together to pass any JLPT level.

Posted this every thread for a while doesn't make it board culture.

日本語を勉強していて、面白いと思ったことと難しいと思ったことは何ですか。

yes it does, lurk more

Okay I just started my core deck and as I'm studying it I try not to look at the sentence until I answer figure the answer out for the reading for the vocab

Do they WANT us to read the sentence before answer the vocab? I just ran into 2 readings of 日 and 日 so I assume so?

91 days is a good show if you like crime drama.

Not really, I do it the same way.

>Look at card
>Say Solution out loud
>Reveal Sentence
>Say Sentence out loud
>Next card

Eh.. If I said it aloud I would name all its readings then read to find out the meaning.

I guess there really is no "wrong way" so long as you get the material however.

You need to post it for months on end with the dedication of Fin with zoiko for it to become board culture.

I also edit my cards to make it more obvious what they ask for.

日 (ひ)
〜日 (〜にち)

I like how this list finishes with 済

難しい所と言えば、おチンチンがいつも固くなるからうまく集中出来ない

There aren't that many words that can be read multiple (common) ways so that isn't really a big deal

Alright thanks user.

I messed that one up in the last review just when it was about to get burned.
Wrote ざい instead of さい for the reading.

Which should technically be okay since 経済 also uses that reading but wanikani is very strict.

ざい is just a rendaku reading, it isn't listed officially

And that's why you shouldn't have used wanikani

When did you realize that you can't learn japanese?

post grids!

>you probably won't be a NEET in a few years from now
I don't see why not. It's been that way for 8 years now.

Yes, there is no excuse for this, but I try to make one up nonetheless everytime this happens.

How do you get money? Do you live with your parents?

Muh mining deck

I probably will be a NEET forever because my pills cost 400 dollars per month.

I have 'healthy complications' for which I claim a total of 900+/mo in autismbux. It doesn't sit well with me on principal, but I'm an opportunist.

To be clear, I do actually have health issues (and crippling social issues), but I haven't been doing much to improve my situation. Until recently.

Set number of kanji in in app table to 50 so you can easily count how far you are. I wish the maximum that value could be set at was 100 instead of 99

Lucky bitch, wish I was fucked up enough to get neetbux

Nice trips

Learning a language can help overcome social issues, because your brain treats it like a fresh start. Multi lingualists often say they feel like they have a different personality in every language they speak.

I'm getting there!

Is it fine if I use a 10k core deck instead of a 2k/6k?

10k is starting off with numbers etc so I think there about the same.

What does 分け mean in the following header.

スピーチレベル(丁寧さ)の使い分け

It just struck me that i have a long way to go.

It's not, since you should start your own mining deck eventually.

>Multi lingualists often say they feel like they have a different personality in every language they speak.
This probably has more to do with how each language is used changing how you would respond in different situations

what is the difference in pronouncing 切る and 着る I can't seem to figure it out.

>>You should be studying at least three times as long as the average normal and employed person. There's no excuse for anything less and if you do less than that then you're going to hate yourself when this opportunity is no longer here.
Once I stopped being a NEET I became way more efficient at studying (not just nip). Honestly when you're a NEET it's hard to get the kind of motivation required to do something for hours on end, even when it's something you want to do/like doing.

The best tip for getting better at studying as a NEET is to stop being NEET, desu.

This isn't Chinese user.

You understand you are learning the language with the most homophones right?

>The best tip for getting better at studying as a NEET is to stop being NEET
This sentance contradics itself

No it doesn't you dumb ESL.

>At least normal people can say that their work hours took away their study time and that's why they never learned Japanese.
Yeah what a great fulfilling life.

I'm working shift, often 18 days straight without a free day, it's not only tiring as fuck to work so many days straight, working night shifts alone is fucking me and I often can't concentrate on shit due to the lack of sleep.

I'll quit my job and live of savings fuck this shit.

Nah

火花を見てる人いる?

結構面白いネットフリックスのドラマだ

>getting better at studying as a NEET
The act of studying while not in education employment or training.
By getting a job you are no longer neet and therefore you have not gotten better at studying as a neet

How long have you been mining to get that? What's your vocab count?

I worked in some IT business last year. I was so bored at times, I started memrise and just spent hours there every day learning Japanese.

English allows for shitty ambiguous sentences amigo. If you weren't ESL you'd be able to tell the sentence clearly implies: If you're a NEET that wants to improve at studying, stop being a NEET.

Sorry you can't comprehend basic English speech, Harambe.

About a year, 9600

>tfw doing my reps and watching anime during night shifts because there's nothing to do 90% of the time

If you can get lucky and find a comfy job, then this is a non-issue.

After finishing basic grammar, should I do a kanji deck and a vocab deck simultaneously or should I finish the kanji before beginning vocab?

>After
You start core and grammar at the same time. Read the guide.

start with kanji, one week in add vocab and hope it uses kanji you already learned

You should be learning kanji THROUGH vocab, not as two separate units.

The only thing he "should" be doing is what he feels works best for him

Yep, I just bring my laptop with me and read VNs all night usually.

That sounds like the best option to me. Does the core 2K/6K deck do a good job of teaching the Kanji along with the vocab?

>the sentence clearly implies
It doesn't though. Its completely ambiguous

People can get scammed into "feeling" that something works best for them very easily.
See Rosetta Stone, Wanikani and JALUP.

So my computer accidentally broke 3 days ago. What do you guys recommend to start reading with now? I suppose I could use books from the library.

There are two real options for what the sentence could mean, and one of them doesn't make sense. That leaves the other meaning. Once again I'm sorry for your lack of understanding, Carlos.

>Does the core 2K/6K deck do a good job of teaching the Kanji along with the vocab?
It doesn't do that at all, you have to abstract the knowledge yourself through vocab.

Wanikani does work though. It doesn't work as well as free alternatives, but it's far better than the other gimmicks people could fall for.

Wankikani actually does work fine, user. It's pretty equivalent to working through something like core, it just costs more money than it's worth.

What the fuck is JALUP.

>one of them doesn't make sense.
It makes sense it just sounds silly because it is.
>The best tip for getting better at driving as a bus driver is to stop being a bus driver

>Only 2.8 kanji
Do you even want to be able to read?

>What the fuck is JALUP.
This shit japaneselevelup.com/item-store/

I refuse to believe people are dumb enough to fall for this shit.

Its probably rich kids with their parents credit card

Hey guys.

I just finished studying kana and am trying to move on to Core 6k.

With regards to studying with anki, should I take the time to decipher the kana and read the surrounding words before I try to figure out what the answer is?

Pic related