Is it so fucking strange that Subaru acts the way he does? Is it so strange that he isn't some social butterfly?

Is it so fucking strange that Subaru acts the way he does? Is it so strange that he isn't some social butterfly?

>shitty relationship with his parents
>lonely with no friends
>plays games all day to escape reality
>never held a girls hand
>starts to panic and act weird as soon as he is forced to socialize with others

Can't you see that he is broken as fuck? Stop expecting him to act like a NORMALFAG. He isn't one and will never be one. Stop expecting him to act like YOU.

And also, if this scene didn't have a very large emotional impact on you to the point of crying than just stop watching. You'll never be able to understand Subaru. REEEE:Zero isn't an anime for people like you.

Are you upset because your Rem body pillow got delayed?

>I can relate to Subaru because I am also a NEET with no friends!
Fuck no.

I don't like Rem. She is a backstabbing bitch.

Why the fuck would he trust the whore that just abandoned him in a foreign land where he knows no one? Imagine if you trust someone with your life and they dump you in Siberia with a sack of coins while you sleep (due to them giving you sleep pills). Would you believe that person ever again?

Then stop watching REEEE:Zero. It isn't a show for you.

people are just confused since a self hating neet character like subaru has never been seen before

He's only 18
Is it really expected that he be a full blown normlord by that age?

lol

I'd expect you not to make the 100th re:zero thread of the day

Stop counting and go outside nerd.

He's right you know.

It's the Evangelion of our time. Of course it will have many threads.

>hindsight is 20/20 dialogue
wow amazing character development. no one has ever done that

>She literally sacrificed herself so he could have more time to escape
>backstabbing

>He's right you know.
Selfhating neet mc's have been a thing for a while now.

it's not a problem how he acts, the problem is that he acted completely different until ep 13 (same goes for emilia).

the author wanted to create drama but it's clear he didn't know how to do it properly

Not really. Subaru isn't the usual meme "oh god I'm such a failure I hate myself". He is truly a lost case. He is /r9k/ in anime format.

He didn't act like it until then because he didn't have the base for it, he didn't had any accomplishment to boost his ego. But after that point he did, and he took the first chance he could to fuck it up. Afterwards he continued to fuck up thinking that somehow he is god and he could turn it around like some typical isekai MC. But that didn't happen, he always failed and died horrible deaths which made him more insane. And now, after the talk with "Rem" he realized that he isn't god, he can't just expect everything turning out the way he wants.
There is no "wanting to create drama" there. It's realistic character development. Of course the normal guy wouldn't go deepshit like he did, probably, but he isn't normal, he is a social outcast. The reason why he could be so genki in the beginning is simply because of the illusion that he has the power, which made him overconfident.

Rollan

Loli get

Dubs ghetto

Check them

You need to look more.

Roll

I think I should've found it by now after 500 shows.

Maybe it's just the fact that you failed to see that there was something wrong with Subaru from episodes 1-12 (especially 8 and 12). But then you all just refered to it as "he's annoying" or "too genki".

Subaru has been acting like an idiot since day 1, whether he's happy, traumatized or angry.

Why would he go outside when he could count Re:Zero threads all day? He's living the life man

No idea, outside sucks anyways.

I know, I know I've let you down.

I actually haven't gotten around to watching that yet since I'm scared I'll get disappointing due to how much of a classic it has become. Maybe it's time to do it.

>Is it so fucking strange that Subaru acts the way he does?
What's strange is that he has no character development, and overall, acts incredible unrealistic. The human mind can't take repeated life-death situations very well, people eventually end up traumatized, catatonic, psychotic, shell shocked etc etc. Subaru, however just goes "whaaargble" for a few minutes then gets his shit together(read: character set back to zero) only to do the whole "o-m-g Im dyan tis so shockng help plz" thing a few minutes later again.

>The human mind can't take repeated life-death situations very well, people eventually end up traumatized, catatonic, psychotic, shell shocked etc etc.
Did you even watch the past episodes? Him running from the whale yelling "I don't want to die" over and over again is one example of what you're talking about.

Did you watch the last episode? After cucking Rem he is back to normal.

No user, he's not. He'll never be back to normal and even if he somehow manages to return to normal, it wouldn't be a pretty happy place. THESE are his normal thoughts.

SELF - INSERT THE ANIME.

Nothing wrong with that. Anime is entertainment and if it entertains you then it's good.

That's just what the he(or better the author) tells us, it's not like his self-hatred was in any way relevant or even tangible until that point. It's completely worthless.

>it's not like his self-hatred was in any way relevant or even tangible until that point.
Are you fucking kidding me? His entire character is built around being a self-hating NEET.

I guess you can't see it since you're a disgusting fucking normalfag but for someone who basically felt as if I was speaking through Subaru when he said this , that fact has been obvious from the very start. You were just blind to it because you can't relate to him whatsoever.

How the fuck is this self-insert the anime?
Who the fuck would self-insert to this piece of fucking shit?
I can barely watch this show on mute trying to cope with the cringe.

See and fuck off. Don't watch a show with a MC that you'll never understand. Go and be happy about your normal happy life instead.

Normal life.. you're just too dumb to realize things are never that black and white and that not being fucking retarded doesn't mean one is a "normalfag".

And I'm basically Subaru but probably worse looking. So why do you watch a show with a MC you hate? There are many other shows that you'll probably like more since you have a normal happy life. Maybe MP100?

>Evangelion of our time
more like fantasy Steins;Gate with an instable MC.

>shitty relationship with his parents
oh just like a lot of kids

>lonely with no firends

>plays games all day

>never held a girls hand

>can't socialize

But let me guess, he meets kawaii girls anyway, goes through dramatic shit to appear edgy and deep, and needs our sympathy even though his backstory isn't even all that special or tragic. Because like every other anime something bad has to happen that will make him meet kawaii anime girls. Because insulting the viewers intelligence doesn't matter when your viewers are drooling mongoloids who think tragedy means it's automatically good writing.

Trust me, it delivers.

It's not an all-around perfect show, but the high points are vibrant enough to make up for any issues you could have with the rest of the show.

/thread

>>>/facebook/

I can't believe people ACTUALLY, unironically think Subaru isn't social. He's incredibly extroverted and confident. He got the NEET label to appease otaku, meanwhile he casually and effortlessly flirts with women like he was born to do it.

HE ISN'T! Why can't you see it? He is putting on an act. I do the same thing and pretend to be all cheerful and confident to the point where no one but my closest family suspects anything but I'm completely broken inside.

You are missing the point. If you have the ability to touch girls the way Subaru does, and confess to them, and flirt with them, that's ACTUAL CONFIDENCE. You are doing things that shy nerds can't bring themselves to do out of fear, and regardless of how you feel inside, it can't be an 'act' if you're actually, physically doing it. I'm not talking about how happy he pretends to be, I'm talking about how he communicates with people in a way that cannot be done without social skills and confidence.

>It's real If people believe it's real

If the autistic outbursts he has is flirting then all of Sup Forums is Chad Thundercock.

When has he shown physical confidence towards women? Sure, he holds Rem's hand, but that was not explicitly romantic, it's a way for him to cope and probably to reassure himself that Rem is safe. I recall this scene from earlier in the series when Emilia was helping him study at night in his room and he looked like a total virgin. He also claimed to have sweaty hands when she wanted to hold his hand in the capital. Honestly, if he was so good with women, he would not be in this situation with Emilia.

So I like that this show doesn't let Subaru get away with too much typical anime personality bullshit but if an IRL guy flirted like Subaru girls would get uncomfortable and weirded out. I could see him being a NEET irl then the fantasy world feels like a fresh start built for him. He expects cute girls from the beginning. He is actively aware he is the main character with a power that will get him out of bullshit. That can make someone an extrovert.

>The reason why he could be so genki in the beginning is simply because of the illusion that he has the power, which made him overconfident.
>He is actively aware he is the main character with a power that will get him out of bullshit. That can make someone an extrovert.
This.

You are all under the impression all NEETs are incapable of socializing. This is a false assumption. Same goes for Otaku as well. Being a NEET does not mean you are a complete loser. You just simply do not work, educate, or are employed.

Of course. But he is not just a NEET. He is a /r9k/ tier failure who gave up on all socialization after realizing that he will always live in the shadow of his father.

This doesn't mean he doesn't know how to talk or get in front of a crowd. Knowing what to say, is much different than just saying whatever you want.

Subaru doesn't know how to express himself well, but he is perfectly capable of talking to people and being heard.

>he doesn't know how to talk or get in front of a crowd
You mean like when he proclaimed himself a knight and made yakuza poses in front of the royal council? Let's face it user. He is a complete failure and that's why he is so good as a MC.

Read my post again.

I said That doesn't mean he cannot. He perfectly did go up in front of the crowd and made a fool of himself and went balls to the wall with it because he is stubborn. He still did it, no socially inept person would have been able to do this. He isn't socially inept, he is socially incapable.

I would be able to do it. I would probably have made an even bigger fool out of myself but I would've done it. Not for anyone but if the one person I love and care about was insulted then I wouldn't care if I embarrassed myself.

You have to understand that his love for Emilia is endless. He would do anything for her no matter how unnatural it feels or how much pain it brings him.

But the thing is, he was perfectly capable of interacting normally with others, (to the point of friendship even) until episode 13, even after dying and being betrayed several times.

Even if you say it's a facade or persona he's projecting, it's still proof he can act like a normal member of society.

user that outburst is EXACTLY why he is socially inept.

Did I deny this? I said he was bad at expressing himself not bad at trying.

I want /r9k/ to leave

Then I agree with you.

>in·ept
having or showing no skill; clumsy.

>in·ca·pa·ble
unable to do or achieve (something).

Subaru cannot express himself. Therefor he isn't just inept, he is socially incapable.

>the main character of this cancer of the season is so deep because hes retarded just like me
>nobody could ever do it better than how he does it and if they say they can they dont understand how REAL his character is
>HES A GREAT CHARACTER BECAUSE HES SO BAD
sounds just like some faggotry the IRC would get behind

>it's still proof he can act like a normal member of society.
Not really. Everyone but the most autistic people can act. But it's not genuine and it WILL fall apart. To use /r9k/ terminology he is a "failed normie", not a "robot".

It's a REEEE:Zero thread. Deal with it.

Subaru is the best MC since Lelouch. Fuck off to another thread if you don't like him. Why do you watch an anime that you don't like? Isn't your time worth more than that?

>It's real If people believe it's real

This is literally how social interaction works. It's all a big act, moments of sincerity are few and fare between and even they are usually tempered by an awareness of the perception of others. The ability to do engage in this is what we refer to as social skills, and it's something that comes naturally to a greater or lesser extent to most people with the exception of some people suffering from developmental disorders like autism.

>with the exception of some people suffering from developmental disorders like autism.
Such as Subaru.

Then you would embaress her being even more selfish than Subaru if you do this knowing youre making a fool. His outburst is clearly stated to upset her by the knight but he keeps going. His shallow love didnt care about her feelings over his own. Emilia calling him out on his self-serving love is one of the highlights of this show to me. If he loved her he shouldn't have said anything at that moment no matter how nasty they spoke.

If you love someone enough you don't stop to think about the consequences. You just act.

>this smile will never, never ever return

Stop posting Sakurako. She would hate you, disgusting normalcancer.

> Not liking Re:Zero makes you a normalfag

Sure thing OP, sure thing.

> Not really

Stop being a newfag

Reminder that /r9k/ is not welcome here and should fuck off back to their containment board.

>Sure thing OP, sure thing.
No because everyone has different taste, but if you can't at least sympathize with Subaru then you're a normalfag.

>Stop being a newfag
I've seen about 500 shows since 2013 and been on Sup Forums since 2007. I might not be an oldfag but I'm sure as hell ain't a newfag either. This kind of /r9k/-tier character that actually goes beyond being a simple pathetic beta is extremely rare.

>I go to reddit to justify my opinions!
really makes you think

REEE:Zero threads are our colonies. Stop metaposting user. You are a far worse cancer since you aren't even staying on topic.

Contrarian newcancer has go there to see what they should hate. They can't hold their own opinions because they are scared that the user collective will mock them for it. What they don't understand is that they will always be mocked no matter what and they simply need to learn how to deal with it.

So if you love someone you don't think about their feelings even if it's really obvious you are hurting them. Your feelings of "love" are more important. Now if he could have accepted that he got carried away with his own feelings and apologized to emilia when she is trying to tell him this I would accept this as wreckless love. He was selfish too many times and had too many chances to call this genuine love.

How is it obvious you're hurting them? If you're autistic you won't even understand it. You'll just do what you feel is the right thing.

> OP claims it's not a normalfag show
> Most popular normalfag show
> LOL U WENT TO REDDIT

That's some weak ass deflection there. Sorry that you can't face reality.

I also didn't go anywhere, I got it from another post but nice try. This show is just another shitty isekai waifubat show that'll be replaced next season by some other FOTM shit that CR/FUNI shill. It wont even achieve SAO status since SAO was infinitely more popular and sold shit tons more. It'll be forgotten just like Grigmar, Overlord and the other "GUYS THIS IS TOTALLY NOT SAO" shitty LN adaptations.

>Stop expecting him to act like a NORMALFAG.
>Stop expecting him to act like YOU.

is this your way of implying Sup Forums is normalfags?

Read the ep 13 """discussion""" on Plebbit. They HATE Subaru and mock him. If you don't sympathize with Subaru and understand his feelings and actions, then you are NOT a REEEEE:Zero fan.

Sadly, most of Sup Forums 2016 is. It used to be so different.

If my taste was based around what Reddit might like or hate, I'd kill myself for being such a little bitch desu.

Basing your taste and choices around other people is literally what Reddit does, that circlejerk shithole.

This. Who the fuck cares about reddit except for reddit?

>You are a far worse cancer since you aren't even staying on topic.
Why would I when there's threads way more relevant like ? There is literally no reason for this and other threads to even exist.
/r9k/tards spouting their cancerous REEE "memes" only encourages other frog/shitposters to come here.
Also meta shit is discussed here all the time so fuck off back to your shithole.

>NORMALFAG

Sure thing. Everyone who has experienced their own death before and lived to talk about it. You don't see me bitching because everyone I care about was slaughtered and tortured in front of me before I got killed again.

he's such a bitch, i bet everyone else in here has died at least 5 times already and even saw their loved ones maimed before it happened and it didn't affect them.

OP, anyone who says it wouldn't phase them are trolling or the edgiest faggots you can imagine who probably live in the mean streets of suburbia..

>and other threads to even exist
Agreed. The other person is a disgusting happy normalfag that will never understand Subaru's suffering.

>only encourages other frog/shitposters to come here
No. We are respectful enough to stay on topic while here. We discuss the anime and the characters in it.

Maybe those anons discussing about reddit?

The knight stated it and okay Subaru isn't going to listen to him but this should have tipped him off. Emilia tries to confront him about how she is being treated and Subaru gets pissy. Subaru seems like he should be at least smart enough to know this but if we're assuming autism I'll give you that. Hes either ignorant or selfishness in this case. If you want to say he's being ignorant and his love is sincere I could buy it I just find it unromantic in all regards and see the selfish side of this too often without consequence.

>This. Who the fuck cares about reddit except for reddit?

OP cares, since the one reading reddit discussions

Nobody cares about them as long as they don't come here.
That's what Sup Forums apparently thinks.

He's just a lonely autistic kid with a messiah complex since the only thing he knows is games. And now he find himself in a situation where he sees himself as the MC of his very own game and thinks he can do whatever he wants to save the day.

>No. We are respectful enough to stay on topic while here. We discuss the anime and the characters in it.
What about the frogposter that has been making those "feels" threads lately? He's not from here, thats for sure.

Whether he's a reasonably good person who overall wanted the right and whether he's selfish are different arguments. Its too complicated to call him good or bad but he has made selfish choices. All I was arguing was his outburst and inability to calm down was wrong. I peg him as chaotic neutral for now.