What is wrong with atheism? What is wrong with not believing in something due to lack of sufficient evidence...

What is wrong with atheism? What is wrong with not believing in something due to lack of sufficient evidence? What is wrong with resisting religious indoctrination that has been forced on you since the day you were born, and actually thinking for yourself?
>inb4 MUH DEGENERACY
>inb4 MUH FREE WILL
>inb4 MUH BIBLE

nothing wrong with it. there is no god. jesus didn't exist with wizard powers. Mohammed was just a child molester. and hindus just like to fuck cows and drink their urine.

Inevitably leads to nihilism, which inevitably leads to hedonism.

>and actually thinking for yourself?

This is it right here.

When people start "thinking for themselves" in this way, their inevitable conclusion is rape, war, and genocide. Religion is an attempt to restrain these impulses.

Until atheists can come up with something better than "well, *I* will just THINK about it", their project for a cohesive and well-ordered society is a doomed one. You can't have a civilization where nobody agrees on how people should conduct themselves.

>This pleb earnestly has no clue what sort of people he is talking to

Main stream religions are a control system these days, for a very long time my belief system matched to a extent as well, what i learned is, quite a few religions have stolen their history, ie Ra's men - Ahmen or Valhalla - Allah. Now i don't care much for the control systems and false religious identities most people belong to, however i do notice that regardless of when a society was to exist, that there was to some extent a belief system that there is a greater power then their-self. My take away is something along the line of "Sims Theory" where we are but a attempt to pass infinite amounts of time without endless amounts of boredom, IMO we are but a attempt to pass time. i have also seen the fractals of light, seen how your brain is constantly taking in angels and light, and the world of vibration is beautiful. If you want to learn about the universe think of it in terms of vibration - Tesla prolly butchered quote but you get the idea. regardless of what you believe one factor remains that should we want to continue that the end goal remain the same, create new life, hope said life grows up easier, and becomes smarter - faster, aside from that, we have the concept of heaven and hell, i don't think aside from indoctrinated idiots that any logical person thinks they are going to live a "afterlife" but the concept of heaven and hell still play true in today's world, think of all that greed, gluttony adultery, lies, fuck we live in HELL, if people really did have strong belief systems they would grow a pair of BALLS! this system has turned us into hell, and now we have a bunch of cucked religifucks thinking they are going to go to some magical kingdom after this life if pure shit,... they are not fighting for their kids to have a foothold in the hypothetical heaven, nope they would rather be cucked and bow out and wait to fucking DIE! anyways take away from this is mainstream religions = cucked indoctrinated fucktards OR basedgods

I'd piss on Christ's grave if I could.

We live in a world where at a young age you're told there's eternal life after this world. Atheism can completely break an individual who can't accept a complete end to their existence. There is nothing wrong with atheism, but it's not for the morally weak.

Nothing its just nice to have a set of morals and believing theres an afterlife instead of just nothing after you die.

shut up and cook a panini you degenerate wop

Damn, not see one of your type in a while.

You're implying a whole lot of dumb things.

>1pbtid
You know I was actually looking forward to arguing with an actual fedora again for old times sake, but you're just that much of a faggot that you won't. Fuck's sake.

where do you think "life after death" comes from, life will still be here once you die, if you procreated there will still be life after death, its the state of the world that you exude onto your future generations, as i said in my previous quote our quality of life if representative of breaking 10 commandments and roughly what id call "living in hell" now i hate main stream religions but to not be able to realize what was represented by this ideology is beyond me... no you dont die and get reborn thats fucking retarded, you do get to have children however and know for fact they the capabilities to have children hopefully and that life will continue after death, and that future life hopefully is represented by " heaven" and not "hell' like the degenerate bullshit thrust upon us in the day to day furthering the idea of "hell" - anyways thats my take away, ive also passed out at the wheel of a car in the middle of a main road, in the middle of winter, and my car veered left into oncoming traffic, but rather then smashing into the concrete island with a traffic sign, i missed the sign by inches, and had my car stop perfectly on the concrete island the exact side of my car, and not go into oncoming traffic, i could not park that car that perfectly in that weather condition at that speed, ever. js shit happens i understand people believing in higher powers

The thing is 99% cultures that have ever existed, including the ones today, have a huge part of them based on the idea of "God", what is moral or immoral, how to please God and how to not displease God.
So when you throw the idea of "God" out of the window and say "God doesn't exist and so I'm not gonna follow what the religious book says"
you are basically throwing out the "Base" on which your society and culture was based on.
Now when you take out this base what is gonna happen? well without the base your society is gonna crumble, it'll become so weak and lose all pride and belief in itself to the point that another Culture/Religion can come along and easily destroy you.
This is exactly what is happening in the western world. Atheism, feminism, glorification of Homosexuality, Sexual immorality promoted by Hollywood, etc. has diverted people in the Western world away from its Christian base, hence the western world has lost pride and belief in its origin and now, with refugees form the Middle East and North Africa coming in, Islam(another culture/religion whose followers STRONGLY believe in their god and are proud of their culture/religion) will soon take over the western world, Europe first. So we see that the Idea of God is more important than whether or not God really exists. Because this Idea is the base of the Western world, if they want to survive, they are gonna have to go back to Christianity.
I may not have explained all this properly so I recommend watching 'Why atheism is bad - Jordan Peterson". I personally won't say atheism is bad, but its definitely extremely dangerous considering what happens when you abandon God which is the base idea of your culture and civilisation - The Romans are the biggest example of this

>no you dont die and get reborn
You'll find out the truth of the matter when you inevitably stop breathing one day. Good luck!

>1 post by this ID

SAGE

nobody cares that you don't believe in a god; we just get tired of you acting like it's a big deal

>What is wrong with resisting religious indoctrination that has been forced on you since the day you were born, and actually thinking for yourself?

Not everybody is raised in a religious background, nor does everyone end up thinking of it in the way you do.

Sort your angst out with family, stop forcing it onto other people.

>lack of sufficient evidence

Sufficient evidence for the belief in a god is actually not so much evidence, as opposed to the grand claims and requirements of atheists, since there's too much to gain and too much to lose. It's high risk high reward.

So while you need evidence for the right religion, you don't need but a small hint that there is a god to start being a believer that there is something, unless you're retarded and deliberately trying to be a cunt and possibly suicidal.

Nothing wrong with atheism, to each their own. Also, religion does not equal believing in God. You can believe in God without religion. I believe in Jesus and don't care if others don't. As I said, to each their own. I'm going to heaven though faggot. (obligatory Sup Forums response added.)

Nothing is wrong with atheism.
Atheist societies always collapse.
It's not wrong so much as evolutionarily disadvantageous.
If you want to live in a child-murdering society of 200 lb. children then support atheism.
Your atheist society will collapse and die and the rest of the world can carry on without the dead weight.

The gateway drug argument. Fuck off retard.

Atheism is saying you have irrefutable proof, without a doubt, that there is no god.

Agnosticism means you are skeptical and don't necessarily believe.

Atheism and people who champion it are cancer.

It is entirely, logically correct.

Not all atheist become hedonists or nihilistic ergo your logic is flawed. Learn to reason idiot.

Not all do, but that's due to basically faith and/or ignorance on their part.

The logical conclusion of atheism (there is no god) *IS* nihilism (the universe is pointless), and the logical conclusion of *that* is hedonism (since the universe is pointless and I will not be judged, might as well have as good a time as I can).

To not arrive at that conclusion means that either you're not truly an atheist, or you haven't thought about it hard enough.

leads to this

>panini
Surely, you mean potato?

I didn't say all atheists become hedonists or nihilistic, I said atheism leads to that, implying as a general rule, and it does. You need only look around you and see that decadence has filled the void of faith.

Why are atheists on here so aggressive? Is it an ego thing because they think they have all the answers?

Atheism will work better once people are deathless. Sufficiently long-term hedonism is indistinguishable from virtue.

>lack of evidence
You created yourself, user?
You selected that body in this time period, as opposed to any other?

This

If left to their own agency, man becomes an animal. The Bible provides structure and a hope that we, as a species, are loved and have a way out through someone who is far greater than we will ever be.

>It's a fairytale!
That argument has died and will continue to stay dead everytime I hear people say an anime or video game or book "saved their lives". Every "feel good" fiction always has those people, except the Bible is controversial in how much of its structure must be applied to reap rewards, as opposed to the low hanging fruit of fiction where everything happens just because you feel good enough.

I think it's incredibly stupid to be atheist and a meme that its cool to be atheist that was pushed by entertainment.

People come to the conclusion that their is no God or nothing spiritual in our world by going off their 5 senses. We all are perceiving reality with a limited pov. If something isn't in the limitations of your 5 senses you immidietaly believe it doesn't exist.

I don't give a fuck about what religion you worship only if it's not pushing violence like Muslims

We are all multidimensional beings experiencing reality for the sole purpose for the soul to grow and overcome human obstacles such as fear.

Astral projection will show you the truth. Almost all ancient civilizations talk about astral projection and all historians dismiss it as myths. Learn how to leave the body and you'll learn the truth.

Our brains are like radios receiving a broadcast from your soul. You can take apart the entire radio and still bounding the source of the voices.

You can investigate a videogame all you want and will still neverfind out that there is a user controlling the avatars.

Atheists are ignorant pieces of shit

Atheism isnt just not believing in a religion though. Its actively believing that there is no god. This also has zero proof.

Marconi: there are radio waves, you can't see, feel or touch them but we can use them to communicate over long distances

Errybody else: hahahahahahahahha.. Marconi's a jabrone.

Marconi wins.

Repeat. Replace Marconi with Jesus and radio waves with truth waves.

Atheism is truly the last bastion of the completely ignorant.

only brainlets hate atheism because they don't understand it.
it's fine if you're religious and believe in that too.

we are not perfect creatures, and evoulution has only made us evolve sufficently to survive in our enviroment, religion has a similar way of thinking, with the original sin thing, and tells us to strive for the best eg, the seven deadly sins being sins against the self for not being the best you can be eg gluttony greed lazyness

Atheism is a perfectly valid stance to take on the subject. AtheISTs however...

The fact that you consider religious people "people who can't think for themselves" shows what a massive faggot and fedora-tipping moron you are. The better question is: why can't you handle people who have different beliefs than yourself without trying to shove your atheist horseshit down everyone's throat then demeaning/insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you? That's the real problem.

I'm an atheist who has grown increasingly tired of the left. If you're a roman catholic you are the devil, but if you're a Muslim then damn son I'm tired of people oppressing you ally. Left atheists love going after the easy targets of Christianity calling out how dumb their beliefs are and reeeeing the fuck out at the thought of a single Christmas ornament going up, but Muslims could literally instate sharia law and they would be fine with it. Fucking hypocrites.