Macross Delta

Throughout the series Reina has shown to be really good at reading Fold Waves. Is Reina the next wind singer?

Maybe she's specially sensitive to fold waves, but not a powerful emitter. If that's the case, I don't think she could be a wind singer.

Walkure are all sensetive to fold waves.

A wind singer is someone who's in tune with nature. Sources for this: are the delta glossary, as well macross zero (slightly different term there?) and I think, the frontier movies.

A Wind Singer is someone who has "a voice that travels faster than light and even beyond dimensions"

Source: Freyja, episode 5. Starting at 6:30 into the episode.

I hate Reina! Dirty singer, dirty songs!

I know, but OP is pointing out Reina is particularly sensitive. Like, she realizes that Freyja and Hayate are syncing before anyone else. There's a moment like that in episode 18, for example. She open her monitor because she could felt something what's going on with Freyja and Hayate.

the fold wave here is pretty similar to gravity wave in real life.

>A Wind Singer is someone who has "a voice that travels faster than light and even beyond dimensions"
Which means a voice charged with fold waves.

If you are able to tell how fast someone is runing, will you be the next usain bolt?

Reminder that Hayate's feelings for Freyja are fake and Freyja will die alone for mind-controlling Hayate into loving her.

Not just any waves. Super strong fold waves that can transcend time and space.

I believe only Mikumo, and Freyja have shown to be able to do this (and Heinz as well). Iirc, when Freyja sang Giraffe Blues to save cat dad, Heinz and Gramia were capable of hearing her all the way back in Windermere.

Think wind dancer is a thing?

Reina's mouth is sexy. Would stick my penis in.

The only people who has been shown to be able to do this is Heinz. I would have included Mikumo and Freyja, however their is a big flaw in this theory. The only people Freyja's songs traveled to are Windies, and Mikumo's songs only traveled to Hienz/Kieth.

Of course Windies would be able to feel their songs, because of their runes. They can also feel Kaname, Makina and Reina's also. Until their songs reaches someone without a rune (at a great distance, and without amps), Mikumo and Freyja can't be confirmed Wind Singers.

Bogue pls. Control your fucking runes.

Reminder that Hayate is mind controlling Freyja for free buffs, resulting in both of them mind controlling each other.

Most likely. Because only machines are able to precisely record how fast someone is running.

Well, to be fair, Heinz is using a fuck tone of amplifiers to reach that far. I don't think he could do it without amps or even with normal equipment like what Walkure is using.

Reina a cute.
CUTE!

You're forgetting that Heinz uses that portal thing to make his song reach further, so he does have "amps" of sorts. As for Mikumo and Freyja we do have yet to see if they can reach outside planets and can be heard by people who aren't Windies.

>I believe only Mikumo, and Freyja have shown to be able to do this (and Heinz as well).
I don't think its accurate to full consider Mikumo and Freyja until they have done this on a person who doesn't have runes. Heinz and Grama have runes which allow them to sense the slightest disturbances. Especially Heinz since he has the largest and strongest runes.

This objection of yours make no sense

So what? The king heard it from Windermere. It had to have travelled there virtually instantly. The king can't "hear" it faster than other beings. It don't work like that.

Reminder that Hayate and Freyja will marry and live happily together thinking that they are mind controlling each other.

What?

>without amps
Then Heinz isn't really a wind singer either. Without special amps only Walkure could hear him. Now he's using Sigur Valens, which is filled to the brims with fold waves amps, to power his singing.

That doesn't make you fast. Realizing something and able to do it are two complete different things.

This would have been a solid counter, and I did take this into consideration. However that device is just a protoculture relic, which is used to communicate with the runes.

Not only that, during the scene where Hienz was crowned king. He achieved the same thing by singing without that device.

Not right now but it will be.

Heinz's song is being powered by the Sigur Valens, They specifically said it's equipped with tones of fold wave amplifiers. Before he got Sigur Valens only Walkure could hear his song.

The king didn't hear anything. He felt it through his runes.

Walkure both heard and felt him singing during his coronation process. Hienz was not using the special amps during then

I swear Reina's popularity here has increased since Bogue developed a runeboner for her.

Is Sup Forums full of Bogues?

>He achieved the same thing by singing without that device.
He was in the same spot as was shown in Mikumo's flashbacks. Most likely it's a specially designed place and it's full of fold quartz too.

>Walkure both heard and felt him singing during his coronation process. Hienz was not using the special amps during then
His song was being amplified. You see Sigur Valen lighting up like a xmas tree. That's the amp.

No, Sup Forums is full of autistic shippers.

Where do you think the tsundere "idolshit" comments come from?

Yes, this is true. However it is just amplifying what Heinz can already do, and making it stronger. Hienz was able to sing without the Sigur Valens when he was crowned king, and was still able to cause Var at a great distance.

If Makina was singing at the Sigur Valens, I highly doubt it would work. It may work for either Mikumo and Freyja however we can't be 100% sure until they show an ability to reach people at great distance without the amps. Perhaps they will be able to do this once they are at their full strength

I think anons have forgotten something crucial in that VAR/mind control Freyja fucking up Hayate theory. As far as we know (stated in the anime) not even Heinz can mind control someone just like that. And he can't VAR them either. Hence why they resorted to the apples and water. Once they are VAR'ed, only then can they be mindcontrolled. Fold waves alone can't fuck shit up.

You ship you win. If BoguexRei doesn't happen its not water off my back. If it does. There'll be a shitstorm and I'll be the one laughing

I just remembered I was shipping Bogue x Freyja before episode 8. Holy shit, how embarrassing.
Bogue is a joke and I hope he will die by the end of the series.

I ship Kairos x Grunt Drakken. We've barely see both.

Reina's popularity has always been there, even before Bogue. You never noticed the attacking that one Reina hater. They little swarm out of nowhere to defend her when she is being ill spoken

Real talk, Makina or Reina?

And yes, there's an OR there for a reason. If you try to ignore it don't even bother answering

>However it is just amplifying what Heinz can already do, and making it stronger. Hienz was able to sing without the Sigur Valens when he was crowned king, and was still able to cause Var at a great distance.
No, you can see Sigur Valens is there. Even if he's not inside, the ship still responds to his song and amplifies the fold waves.

Didnt Heinz VAR the NUNs the fuck up just some episodes ago, no apples and water involved?

I believe the statment only holds true before he had his amplifier.

Makina. 80% because dem tiddies, 20% because she's a mechafag.

Interestingly she is the only walkure member whose merchandise always gets sold out at delta events. Is bogue buying all her merch?

And here's the ship responding to the song in the same scene.

Could be. But remember that it was also stated that the water and apples that the Windies infected were the same ones that were given as rations to the military. Therefore we can also say that the NUNS were probably infected before coming into contact with Heinz' mind control.

>Throughout the series Reina has shown to be really good at reading Fold Waves. Is Reina the next wind singer?
She is going to be the next Walkure leader.

Reina-chan is kawaii

fuck, forgot the pic

This. You can fuck BOTH her AND her valks. Literally dream.

Faved Makina since 0.89. I'm stubbornly hopeful.

I want that ship to happen because if would be hilarious in the series (Reina would whip runpika boy into submission fast), and the shitstorm would be priceless. Don't think it's going to go beyond Bogue's one-sided boner.

They both are mistake.
Silent Hacker is the worst Walkure song.
Jiritikku Beginner is the second worst Walkure song.
"Just like sisters" gimmick is annoying.
Walkure should have been 3 girls group. Freyja, Mikumo and Kaname.

when is Mirage going to do fucking something?

In the final battle

>Mirage
Who?

Kaname isn't even all that special. Her design and personality are both boring. Her storyline could have been easily swapped with Makina and Reina. Plus Reina's VA is the better singer of the three

I still believe.

We all believe, .

In what exactly?

Nope

This is the last boss.

I can read a lot of books. Does that make me the next great writer?

I have a feeling that Kaname's story is to leave Walkure and stop playing idols.

Question.

Are we clear on Hayate having romantic feelings for Freyja or is it still a "maybe"?

Actually it does.

Does it look to you as maybe when he all the time thinks about her?

Theres of course the possibility of his urges to plunge his penis into Freyja being non romantic.

Fuck off.

Oh no. To me it's pretty clear that he sees her in a romantic light now. I was just wondering everyone else's view on it.

I'm not sure I could call it love but like, crush, whatever similar, for sure.
Better question would be: What makes you think he doesn't have romantic feelings for her?

You are a mistake.

-dad

No, I think he definitely sees her in a romantic light as well now. Like you said, perhaps not outright love, but it's definitely at least a crush at this point.

I was only asking because I wanted to know what others thought on the matter. I think episode 22 is where it'll be solidified that he loves her, and not just a simple crush.

I'm optimistic but I don't want to be too optimistic in the case that something stupid like Freyja choosing not to be with Hayate in the end happens for whatever reason, like her sacrificing herself.

Honestly don't feel like i'm qualified to answer

I'm shipping them kinda hard, and to me, the last few episodes have been pretty romantic. I mean I know I'm a shipper, so I admit there's a huge possibility i'm just overinterpreting anything Hayate did with regards to Freyja since episode 16, as romantic. I dunno, i'd like to know how a genuinely neutral person sees his actions lately

>I think episode 22 is where it'll be solidified that he loves her, and not just a simple crush.
Yeah, I also think this will be the moment for both of them to confess or at least for Hayate to go one step higher and says he loves her. All that talk about episode 22, it means it's gonna be a big one and not only for Freyja.

>I'm optimistic but I don't want to be too optimistic in the case that something stupid like Freyja choosing not to be with Hayate in the end happens for whatever reason, like her sacrificing herself.
That's true for myself. I think at the end it will be Freyja's choice if she wants to be with Hayate or not, rather than him. Unless of the event of her dying during the anime, in which I believe Hayate won't turn to Mirage for "comfort".

Typical aggressive miragefags, the cancer of delta threads

No, fuck off with your AC memes.

No, that's our little poor AC-hating autist.

She will die.

Fuck off with your off topic shitposting.

I doubt Freyja won't make it out of the anime alive though. As far as I know, Kawamori has yet to kill a Macross MC. Also not too mention that he's huge on understanding and happy endings.

I don't know how Kawamori works but I really hope, deep in my soul, he won't kill Freyja. I would rather have her alive and continue living, even those 15 years of hers, rather than confess to Hayate, he confesses back and then dies.

So next episode Hayate is injured, and Freyja isn't allowed to see him because her fold magic almost killed him. Mirage takes it upon herself to help take care of injured Hayate, and Hayate sees her for the sexy space elf she is.... or she will stare at him from afar for an entire 2 seconds and still be irrelevant. Probably the second one.

Are you literally that autistic? I'll never get tired of triggering you.

Fuck off.

Reminder that they're just friends.

Guys, please report.

>and Hayate sees her for the sexy space elf she is
This is OOC AU fic, mate.

Awe! Cute, Stop flirting.

So will you.

On a scale of 1 to 10. How likely is it that Hayate calls out Freyja's name while he's unconscious?

I'm going with an 8.5

Friends that engage in sexual intercourse on a regular basis.

Or wakes up suddenly while yelling her name.

Yeah I see no reason why she has to die. It's bad enough she's only got 15-20 years to live. She doesn't deserve that shit.

Oh yeah totally, same. If it came between Hayate and Freyja becoming a couple to Freyja dying in the end vs. Them not getting together but Freyja getting to live the rest of her life happily, I'm 100% on board with Freyja living happily without Hayate as a boyfriend.

I care more about Freyja than the ship.

Oooh that'd be nice as well. And when he sees she's not around he gets out of bed to frantically search for her.