What are the gun laws like where you live?

What are the gun laws like where you live?
> all guns require a licence
> civilian style long guns require a background check and safety course
> handguns and military style long guns require additional safety training and a psychological evaluation
> full auto prohibited
> short barrel other than a handgun prohibited
> pre-ban prohibited guns grandfathered in
> centerfire semi-auto magazines limited to 5 rounds
> rimfire handgun magazines limited to 10 rounds

Arizona here. Comfy.

That poor mauser

So many leafposts. When does your shift end, and how many shekel do you get paid for this shit?

Constitutional carry.
No registration.
No accessory/magazine restrictions.
No dindus.
No crime.

CANADA

Half of that sounds wrong to me. I never lived in Canada or anything but last I heard it was different than what you listed almost on every point.

It's a Mitchell's Mauser. It was already dead inside long before the brony got his mitts on it.

> that flag
> that gun

Everything checks out.

Surprisingly decent if you're a hobbyist, but ridiculously cucked in terms of self-defense, which is all but illegal thanks to commie bastards in government. I've noticed a significant slack in terms of punishment for self-defense in the years since the rise of the right. Before Fortuyn, people would get real sentences for even beating up burglars. Today, people get away with killing them in self-defense.

Westchester County NY. It borders the boroughs of NYC so the gun laws are cucked as hell.

You don't need a permit to buy rifles and shotguns, register them, have a license as an owner, or to carry them.

Handguns are a different story, you need licenses for all of those, and it's totally at the discretion of a judge. Unless you have a job as private security protecting someone or you regularly handle a large amount of cash, it's basically impossible to get an open carry permit (concealed carry, forget about it).

If you don't get a carry permit then you're only allowed to have a handgun in your home, at the range, or in a locked secure container in your car if you're on the way to the range. That's it.

I think the SA magazine limit is 7 rounds but the rest of what he said was right
I have gun training because I'm a BEAR GUARD

You are correct.

Need a clean criminal record, a safe and no history of mental illness. No semi autos bigger than 22lr, no handguns.

>California
Pants on head retarded going for complete disarmament

Only registered thieves and drug dealers are allowed to purchase and carry guns of any size.
We are still evaluating the effectiveness of such legislation.

Non-philly PA

Also dis

Technically you can get handguns if the barrel is a certain length, so if you have a built in silencer it is very legal.

> all guns require a licence

You need a PAL, or a restricted one for Handguns. And seriously, most people around here don't have one. Our laws are so stupid they go largely ignored.

> civilian style long guns require a background check and safety course

Never did a safety course, and once again PAL for rifles, Restricted PAL for rifles, handguns, etc.
> handguns and military style long guns require additional safety training and a psychological evaluation

This is completely false
> full auto prohibited

Unless you have a prohib license

> short barrel other than a handgun prohibited

Not so much, for example there is no restriction on shotgun barrel length, as long as it was manufactured that way.
> pre-ban prohibited guns grandfathered in

True

> centerfire semi-auto magazines limited to 5 rounds

Yeah those pins never fall out....

> rimfire handgun magazines limited to 10 rounds

True

Basically this and you can get silencers piss easy just by walking into a store and asking for one.

Also look up M.A.R.S Rifles, you can basically get semi auto in any calibre in the UK

>PA
>All guns require an FFL transfer if buying from a dealer
>Long arms can be sold privately from non-FFL holders to other non-FFL holders without doing this but everyone takes them to FFLs to get transfers done anyway to cover their asses
>no limit on mag sizes
>Must be 21 to own a handgun, must have background check done
>shall-issue concealed carry
>no semis allowed for hunting
>only 3 rounds allowed in the magazine at a time at state gamelands or range
>mfw literally everyone owns at least a pump action shotgun where I live, even the most anti-gun bleeding heart liberals

we ain't the best, but God bless Pennsyltucky.

Mfw that's a "rifle" in the US

Needs the tactical hacksaw mod.

>everything is restricted
>have to kiss police superintendent's ass and explain exactly what you want to do with it and where you're gonna keep it and how much ammo you want to keep at a time
>maybe we should all just 3D-print half an AR-15 and smuggle or machine the metal parts for shits and giggles

what does a manual-action AK look like?

pretty sure it looks the same, you just have to cycle the action manually between each shot to eject the spent cartridge and load the new one. basically works like a straight pull bolt action.

>Oregon

no licence
no registration
no waiting period
open carry state
shall issue concealed carry state unless you're mentally unfit or a recent criminal
stand-your-ground laws

Californians fuck off

Indiana, you only need a license to carry a handgun.

So jealous.
>Commiefornian

Like all things in Ireland, it depends on how well you get on with your local Garda sergeant.

But on paper things are very very strict.

>You need a licence for anything over an air rifle
>If you're unfortunate enough to have not held a licence before 2009 you are restricted to only .22 pistols
>You have to reapply for your licence every three years and if you miss one re-application you are treated as a fresh candidate. So if you've been licenced since 2000 and forget to reapply again, you would be issued with a post 2009 licence and have to surrender your larger calibre pistols.
>you need proof of competency (note from your GP)
>You need to store all your firearms (unless you are a farmer) disassembled, with the firearm in one safe, trigger mechanism in another and the ammunition in another.
> You are subject to one random visit per year from the GardaĆ­ to make sure you are complying
>Also you have to prove you have a genuine reason for wanting to own a firearm. So pest control is the main one used by farmers, I enjoy shooting competitively and I am ex-military so that is my reason but you can never say you want or use your firearms for home defence.

Now where it gets better is that Ireland doesn't have a police force capable of enforcing much of the strict rules and regulations. Even less so outside of the cities where the people who sign off on your paperwork are your neighbours and friends.

As such I have been able to build up quite a nice collection for myself, even with a few "evil" tactical looking firearms.

Forgot to add

>owning antique or obsolete firearms is licence free

So I have a number of Martini Henry and other black powder firearms to play around with. Although the ammo is expensive as shit, so learning to self-load is important.

does this gun actually kill? or does it just ruin your social life?

>need to get a license
>have to register guns
>ccw is pretty much shall issue
>you can buy handguns and semi-auto rifles

Idaho-user here.
>license/registration if bought new in stores, private trade is legal and anonymoose. No registration or anything required if bought privately.
>constitutional carry
>CCW is easy to get
>Not sure about stand your ground laws
>Not sure about waiting periods, I buy all mine privately

Now I just read the rules on the state game lands and I swear it said 6 rounds. Honestly I just load my shit up and fire slowly and accurately. No one follows this rule 99 percent of the time

Nice taste, what is the new gun? Looks cool.

3 rounds for long arms, 6 for handguns.

It's actually a perfect representation of modern germany

Correct.

t. shot a single-shot AR15 and S&W MP1522 (semi) in the UK

Go to store

Buy pistol

Conceal carry it

Comfy in Maine

>or just buy one from your friendly neighbourhood Kinahan

>not be a felon
>not own unregistered NFA firearms
>be 21 to buy pistols and register for NFA permit
>background check
(NFA= full auto, short barrel rifles, short barrel smooth bore shotguns, explosives an explosive launchers)

Mfw I can buy a breakaction shotgun, put a pistol grip on it, add rifling to the barrel and cut it to be 8 or so inches barrel length and it's a 12 gauge pistol. Desu

NH here.
So comfy.

Yeah pretty much so.

Or rent a metal detector for the day and go digging around bogs in the border counties. You're sure to find some interesting stuff then.

Utah here.
>shall issue carry permits
>open carry, with some cuck stipulations
>everything that's federally legal is state legal
>no waiting periods
>everything is pretty comfy

what paper work do you have to go through to obtain ....

>that picture

I'm surprised there's no orange tip

can confirm

MFW I rustle murican jimmies just mentioning gun control

>NC
>Conservative
>No limits (cal, capacity, ammo, etc.)
>Also have dindus
>Dindus statistically commit their crimes with handguns
>Need permit to purchase and carry handguns
>(loophole) but not to possess them
>Easier to get an AK than a 1911

There's this law in my country about my right to own a gun no being infringed
I really like that law

My step dad had an assault from when he was young and still got shotgun licence.

Rustle...? Everyone comfy everywhere.

Fuck yeah man, it's a pretty calm thread. Leaf needs to calm down.

That isn't a law, it's a guaranteed right meaning the government cannot violate that. The thing is, they have violated that but nobody will do anything tangible about it. We've allowed the government to get so big that it no longer fears the citizenry as it should; instead we fear the wrath of said government and so we are not free.

WA here universal background checks on every gun purchase voted in by retards in seattle. Pretty good on everything else though

>Kentucky user
>18 to own any gun
>21 to buy pistol from dealer
>can still own pistol tho

Oh also I could own a tank here if I wanted one.

t. Texan

There is a fallacy that Nazi Germany had strict gun control. It was strict for the Jews or any people who were treated as suspicious by the state but ethnic Germans and anyone serving in the military could own firearms to a greater degree than they could before.

So kind of like now in the US, if you prevented the race mixed mentally ill mongrels, Jews, Niggers and others from owning firearms, crime and mass shootings would cease almost immediately.

That's awesome, man. I'm an ID resident, so we're a bit more strict, but we're pretty close in terms of armament laws.

Obnoxious amounts of paperwork make it not worth getting a gun but thankfully in my state any adult can just by a crossbow over the counter and there is no duty to retreat on private property so you can still shoot cunts who trespass.

We're the only state left like that though, so buy em while you can.

Yeah the problem with that is that a crossbow is a bitch to reload quickly. If the criminal breaking into your home is armed(illegally as they often are), you're fucked.

Thats why I just spent more money on proper training for my dogs.

dafuq is that cartridge and just how hard will I jizz my pants when I send it down range?

Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to hit Post.
Crossbows are good if you like archery, but are lazy as fuck. That's about it.

>Live in Tennessee
>Walk into gun store, purchase literal military grade 50BMG sniper rifle
>Pay, 5 min background check which is free, enjoy your new weapon sir.
>Can come back the next day and buy 50 guns at once if he wanted

Based south gun laws.

>Be California
>10rd magazine limit
>Pay extortion fee of $25 for background check, everytime you buy a gun.
>Not allowed to purchase another gun for 30 days minimum.

D I S C U S T

Pass background check and your good for anything non nfa

feels pretty fucking good

I miss /mlpol/.

Unless you have a felony, the state is required to issue you a CCW license if you want one. I've had mine since I turned 18.

Buying a gun requires the standard check with the FBI system, or is bypassed if you provide a valid CCW license. You can own a gun in about ten minutes if you're a CCW holder.

Magazine capacity is not restricted, pre-ban full auto is not restricted.

I own about thirty guns or so and it's the norm around here. Gun crime is virtually nonexistent.

Bore barrels as much as you want but use only on your land or for hunting.
Riffles needs a permit.
Handguns needs a different permit i think.
To carry outside of your land or hunting needs a special permit and a reason i.g. have a store with shiny stuff etc.

it's not an original German mauser so I'm not triggered

That's a GSG .22 1911. You can get them here in the U.S. Without the accoutrements on this model. Nice plinkers but sometimes mine spits powder at me.

NY.
You can already guess how bad it is here.

I know nothing about guns but damn i like the second one from the left.