OFFICIAL H.R. 3999 THREAD

H.R.3999 THREAD!!! SPREAD AWARENESS!
This bill is not specific and will open up a semi auto ban in the future. I guarantee it. American /K/ommandos, we HAVE to take action. CONTACT. YOUR. REPS. CONTACT CONTACT CONTACT. This is not good for any 2A supporter. Mods, please have some common sense. This DOES belong in /K/, please stop making us share with the white supremacist Sup Forumstards who will blame everything on the jews or the niggers or whoever. This is directly relevant to this board. Level with us.
The bill: curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfiles/finalbumpstockban.pdf

The turncoats: congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3999/cosponsors?q={"party":"Republican"}

youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=TLw2iN1dENwv=pyncXIpMv6U
youtube.com/watch?v=sCLoIorYguU

No it won't. There's far too much money in play for semi-autos to ever be banned you tools.

4.61 billion dollar industry. Keep that in mind. That's a lot of lobbying.

Contacted my rep using a starter an user posted.

I'm contacting you because I am deeply concerned with the recently proposed bill by Mr. Curbelo of Florida (H.R.3999) that would "prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle". This proposed bill is vague to the point that it would make most common modifications to a firearm unlawful, such as installing a heavy weight barrel, modifying the trigger for precision target shooting, changing the grips, etc, all of which could be argued to increase the rate of fire by reducing felt recoil, reducing trigger travel and reset, or allow a better grip on the firearm during firing.

There is a general drive do something, anything, in the wake of a tragedy like what occurred in Las Vegas, but passing legislation as broad and chilling as what is currently contained in this bill would simply be an infringement on the rights of everyday law abiding citizens. I would instead urge a focus on mental health and better background checks as opposed to overly broad attempts to legislate away a problem that is fundamentally intractable, as someone who is determined to cause harm to others will do so regardless of any bans that are put in place. I would point to the example of the Nice terror attack of 2016 in France where 86 people where killed and 434 injured when a member of ISIS drove a moving van into a crowd of people, there where no guns involved and the attack was just as deadly as what occurred in Las Vegas; Nobody is advocating for a ban on moving vans or propane tanks in the wake of the European terror attacks, yet it was more deadly than any attacks in the US perpetrated with firearms. I strongly urge you to vote against this bill if or when it comes up for a vote, as it will do nothing to prevent future tragedies while greatly reducing the rights of law abiding citizens to own, use, and enjoy firearms.

I will bump this 4 great justice.

I emailed my reps that I oppose the wording

Fuc off

friendly reminder politics go on Sup Forums friend

it clearly states that all discussions about gun control belong on

I see the shills are scared. They really want this bill to pass

Shit tier russian waifu from a shit tier vatnik.

Fuck off.

I'll bet you're the type of person that relished reminding the teacher about homework.

Pol is an absolute shit show, and is essentially useless as a board with the exception of containment. Nobody reasonable wants to post there.

This does not belong on Sup Forums.
You fags understand how important this is don't you? Maybe if this was some politician talking shit you would have a point, but this is a bill which actually fucking exists and has a chance of passing. We need to mobilize all our assets, because if this passes they will keep pushing with more vigor. Don't let them stick their foot in the door.

Wouldn't this cause a civil war?

ignore this imbecile people.
OP (mac if thats you), good job and good luck from Canada, i will be informing my friends down south to do their part! You guys must not end up like us!

Spelling and grammar check your shit

>Libs: Common sense gun laws!
>NRA and fudds: Alright, we're willing to ban bump stocks
>Libs: Shit laws

When will they learn...

Bump for email your congresspersons. Just takes a few minutes. Better yet call them and voice your opinion.

>t. Bootlicking faggot

Sup Forums is for politics and happenings, this is gun POLICY, and is absolutely relevant to the board.

Mods need to sticky a thread and mayve, just maybe go review their previous narrative and see if it's still applicable today.

The "politics go to Sup Forums" sticky was put up during Sandy hook, when 95% of threads were actually Sup Forums related, it needs revised.

Didn't write it, but you do have a point.

This thread is not about gun control. It's about accessory control
kys shill

I wonder if this is the same person every thread, or if people just see shit and copy it to get (you)s lol

But according to the NRA, Obama and the Dems were too easy on gun restrictions, allowing bump stocks for instance.
It's all right now though guys, it's just the Republicans taking away our guns! Not the scary black man president.

EVERYBODY ON K, WRITE A PHYSICAL LETTER TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE IN ADDITION TO EMAIL.

NO POLITICIAN EVER TRIPPED OVER A SACK OF EMAILS IN HIS OFFICE

WRITE A LETTER

Physical letters do generally carry more impact. Especially if the address is written in ink rather than printed.

I think we're going to have to compromise...

If the out right ban semi autos as a result, I don't give a fuck what you losers do, I'm starting some shit.
See above

This this this. Put a pen to paper. Organize your thoughts. Ensure you use proper grammar. Write a polite but strongly worded letter. Mention how gun control has never stopped a terrorist attack. Remind your rep what the second amendment actually means.

>being this obvious about it

Going to have to water the tree.

Fuck the nra, they throw us under the bus with any opportunity. We need a new gun lobby, or better yet citizens who are not lazy and fight for their rights. They can criticize the "nra money but it's hard to criticize popular citizen support.

>inb4 mods banhammer this

They're going to have to either ban all semi auto, or ban belt loops. They can't do either one without a serious amount of dead cops.

TO EVERY KOMMANDO WHO HAS MOT DONE SO, JOIN THE NRA AND THE GOA.
The NRA has the numbers and the money, but the GOA truly has our best interests at heart. Join both.

2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America are excellent alternatives.

To be fair the NRA is pretty shit at public communications, but they are currently the heavyweight 2a lobby.

>The NRA has the numbers and the money, but the GOA truly has our best interests at heart. Join both.
Truth

Bumping for great justice.

I wrote a letter which I sent to my state's House and Senate representatives, with the greeting changed accordingly. It begins with a lie and it ends with false placation, but the point is to reasonably ask for a NO vote without being written off as a nazi gun nut.

To the Honorable Representative ***********
This letter finds you awaiting upcoming legislation to prohibit “rate-increasing devices” (bump stocks) for firearms. Let me first state that I consider myself politically centered. I vote left and right, but at the time of writing I am a registered Democrat. I don’t own guns. I’ve shot targets in the past and I have hunted duck, but I’m neither a shooter nor a hunter. It’s not something I enjoy enough to spend money or time on. The idea of “bump stocks” and similar devices hold no appeal for me. Neither do I necessarily wish such pieces of plastic be outright banned.

That said, I empathize with the families of the victims in Las Vegas. Following the destruction wrought during this horrible event, I would like to see bump-stocks and similar devices more stringently regulated, however the upcoming bill, H.R. 3999, to be introduced by Carlos Curbelo (FL) and Seth Moulton (MA) to outright ban “rate-increasing devices” is frightening in it’s open-ended wording. A “rate-increasing device” could be just about anything. This bill isn’t targeting “rate-increasing devices” specifically, it’s broadly targeting... well, who knows? It’s not specified. Who knows what widespread and long lasting effect this this sloppy, dangerous and irresponsible bill could have? I don’t think anyone could know, and I think it’s equally irresponsible to vote in favor of such a bill.

1/2

2/2

The Curbelo/Moulton H.R. 3999 bill, as it is written, is too lacking in description and too nebulous for my comfort. Please consider the impact that voting in favor of such an open-ended bill could have. I strongly urge you to vote NO to whatever form or name this Curbelo/Moulton bill may take by the time it comes before you, and instead wait for (or even introduce!) a better-worded bill that would target “rate-increasing devices” very specifically and carefully rather than using broad, non-descriptive terms.

Thank you very much for taking the time to consider my letter.

Your Name

>that fucking nu-male face
>literally every no-gun male online that isn't a celeb and shows their face looks like this
I'm close to genuinely wanting to murder these "people"

We need autistic rallies like after Sandy hook. They may be super try hard but it's also hard to ignore

if anyone here thinks this isnt their end game you are sorely mistaken

Hey WGWS. Im not used to seeing you outside of /arg/ Im in the same boat. Stock piling in order to arm the militia in case they do come for our rights.

I don't want them banned either, but when a new bill gets whipped up to replace H.R. 3999, I will send another round of letters to clearly and specifically oppose THAT bill. So the lies get me on Team Democrat and makes the "NO" request more valid in the now. That's what's important.

The politician who receives that letter isn't going to remember that you do or don't want bump stocks banned 6 months from now, but when I send another letter 6 months from now it'll be clear as a bell.

But the text can be edited however the sender likes.

I am about to graduate med school and this is such common lib logic in medicine... all the politically active libs I know in my school love spinning things as "oh this is a public health matter so it's our responsibility to tell people what they can and cannot do"

not all of us think this way though. I have a friend that is basically dale from king of the hill and there's a small pro gun group

>he even posted a fish

They can just ban semi auto with a cyclic rate of fire greater than one shot per second and/or charge you with this stuff not if you have it, but if you're ever caught bump firing in any way.

o boi /k/ mods hard at work

How long before /k/ just gets deleted? You guys aren't even allowed to talk about shit that directly affects your hobby.

Fuck you mods this is /k/ related nobody accept one samefag cared

Mods you need to knock this off.

This is not a Sup Forums issue at all, not technically and not even in spirit. It's firmly /k/ related.

mods pushing to Sup Forums to slide
clearly /k/ tier
>(((they))) control everything

WHY

>Dale Gribble the doctor